April 16, 2024, 05:27:13 PM

Poll

u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?

Yes, I'm very sure
26 (68.4%)
No, Not even a chance
9 (23.7%)
Don't know
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: November 16, 2005, 10:19:48 PM

Author Topic: u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?  (Read 6758 times)

Offline Bahrain Owns All

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?
« on: November 12, 2005, 10:19:48 PM »
Well.... after this match in port of spain we could hold your national team
I just wanna know about T&T fans reactions after this match, what about your chances by now?
are you still sure of going throw to wc2006 or Bahrain is much harder that u thoughts. plz vote in this poll.

btw your fans was really cool on the satdium
gl in next match  ;)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: u still belive that T&T could make it to Gremany 2006?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 10:29:03 PM »
I'm positive we can still pull through. Bahrain better defend as if their lifves depended upon it because we're coming all out. We have nothing to lose (figuratively speaking) because every goal we score will we counted as two. If Bahrain can hold us to a draw in TnT we should be able to AT LEAST do the same. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't win this match but we still have an excellent shot at still making it to the World Cup.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 10:37:37 PM »
I'm positive we can still pull through. Bahrain better defend as if their lifves depended upon it because we're coming all out. We have nothing to lose (figuratively speaking) because every goal we score will we counted as two. If Bahrain can hold us to a draw in TnT we should be able to AT LEAST do the same. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't win this match but we still have an excellent shot at still making it to the World Cup.

Honestly....answer me this Toppa.

We have a game AT HOME against a team of somewhat unknown quality.  This is a game that would be a MAJOR STEP in fulfilling life long dreams for all of our players.

So explain to me how 9 out of 11 players could sleep walk through an entire 90 minute match with a crowd that was galvanized from the start and everything in our favour?

How, if we had all of these conditions in our favour and we couldn't muster up the enrgy to put in a fighting performance AT HOME, are we supposed to "come out fighting" in Bahrain?

I cyah figure it out so anything you can come up with I would be interested to hear.

Thanx
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bahrain Owns All

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 11:04:11 PM »
hmmmmmmm Topa.... it is good to be that postive unlike palos who is really got a strong point. As u know your team players are highly skills but the teamwork is missing even S.Jones didn't give 20% of his rate. only 3 players on ur team worked well #10, #7 & #11 (sry I don't know thier names) but the ur goal's scorer was MVP in the match fot T&T.

About away match i can tell you it will be hard for your player to get used of our weather but they lucky we're not in Augest. another good point for T&T that Bahrain didn't win in last 4 offical games in Manama - (2 losses from Japan & North Korea & 2 draws with Iran & Uzbkstan) unlike the 1st round of QUALIFICATION our team got 100% home record wins. Honstly if we faced each other in May or June T&T would win easily cuz of major proplems but recently the team is in the best condetion since China2004.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 11:08:13 PM »
bahrain u seem like an intelligent fella....but yes yall have shown u can hold our team..but i we both know the team didnt play anywhere near its potential...Bahrain showed that all they can do is desparately defend...I honestly think that bahrain cant hold us once we step up even a litlle bit...therefore i still think we are gonna go thru!
Go TnT
Back in Trini...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 11:19:17 PM »

We have a game AT HOME against a team of somewhat unknown quality.  This is a game that would be a MAJOR STEP in fulfilling life long dreams for all of our players.

So explain to me how 9 out of 11 players could sleep walk through an entire 90 minute match with a crowd that was galvanized from the start and everything in our favour?

How, if we had all of these conditions in our favour and we couldn't muster up the enrgy to put in a fighting performance AT HOME, are we supposed to "come out fighting" in Bahrain?

I cyah figure it out so anything you can come up with I would be interested to hear.

Thanx

Ah hear yuh yuh know ah hear yuh. We didn't play to the best of our ability and I also give credit to Bahrain. But the 16th is a new day. This game showed that playing on your home territory doesn't guarantee that the result would be in your favour. The same thing can happen in Bahrain. 1-1 isn't all that bad...it isn't bad at all. It would have been much worse if we hadn't equalised. I'm positive that we'll still pull through. I wasn't all that impressed with Bahrain. After experiencing their style of play first hand Beenie would be able to tell them exactly what is what. Bahrain was able to hold us to a draw in our home territory. I believe they would become a little over-confident and complacent. If it were the other way around and Trinidad drew in Bahrain and then had to play the return leg in TnT we would have been more or less assured of being victorious and life is full of ironies. I think Trinidad would have the greater drive to win in the second match and we would attack all out whereas Bahrain would want to be much more defensive. In doing so they would relinquish control of the match and hand it over to us. All the best to the Warriors. We're far from being out of it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 11:22:48 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 11:21:39 PM »
hmmmmmmm Topa.... it is good to be that postive unlike palos who is really got a strong point. As u know your team players are highly skills but the teamwork is missing even S.Jones didn't give 20% of his rate. only 3 players on ur team worked well #10, #7 & #11 (sry I don't know thier names) but the ur goal's scorer was MVP in the match fot T&T.

About away match i can tell you it will be hard for your player to get used of our weather but they lucky we're not in Augest. another good point for T&T that Bahrain didn't win in last 4 offical games in Manama - (2 losses from Japan & North Korea & 2 draws with Iran & Uzbkstan) unlike the 1st round of QUALIFICATION our team got 100% home record wins. Honstly if we faced each other in May or June T&T would win easily cuz of major proplems but recently the team is in the best condetion since China2004.

OK man, no problem. I don't think the weather would be all that of a big deal because the match will be played at night, not so? I believe that Bahrain will have a tough game ahead of them on the 16th. Best to both teams.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 11:31:05 PM »
Bahrainis, how did you think your team played?  Is this how you normally play?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 11:35:04 PM »
Based on how many times your players were shaken out of their flipping shoes and how many times their ass hit the grass...especially from Carlos Edwards...we gonna whip your ass. We did not play our best and you did not punish us. You will pay. Your players do not do very well when we ran at you...although I must give the Bahraini players credit for intercepting passes and their reading of the game. On an individual basis the skill level is low for the Bahraini players. That's why you have to fakle and lie down in the grass like sheep forever. Go Ahead put 11 men in the box. We can bomb you from the deep...watch out. You guys have no damn shame.

Offline Bahrain Owns All

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 11:45:27 PM »
it was a 100% tactical match... that wasn't the real lvl of Bahrain cuz some players must hold their postions like #17 & #8 so they got lotta of defensive duties. good thing for us we held Uzbakistan in Taskant with 1-1 dorw too & in 2nd match our team play the best match this year even if we didn't score but it was a happy comeback after hard times. I think u can find some of videos clips of Bahrain vs unzbakistan which ends 0-0 in this forums.

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 11:48:55 PM »
We over-powered Bahrain pretty much the entire game. Its unfortunate that we couldn't complete our scoring chances, but as Beenie already stated, this wasn't our best game. Bahrain plays a really cheap brand of football, diving to the ground and getting up perfectly fine 5 minutes later, just horrible. Its kind of pathetic because Bahrain's coach is satisfied with today's game and Bahrain played horrible, got out-muscled to pretty much every ball. If that was Bahrain's best play, then the Soca Warriors better start booking tickets to GERMANY!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 11:49:07 PM »
We'll fellas we all know we play best when we one down. And with that away goal counting as two we are one down. I expect the performance that was showed after Bahrain scored. They cyah lie down and fake for ninety minutes Warriors fight best when faced with adversity.

WE WILL WIN CAUSE MEN NOT GOING AND GAPE  ON WEDNESDAY.

They know what they have to do. Carlos proved that Bah not accustomed to skills.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Bahrain Owns All

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 11:55:19 PM »
Based on how many times your players were shaken out of their flipping shoes and how many times their ass hit the grass...especially from Carlos Edwards...we gonna whip your ass. We did not play our best and you did not punish us. You will pay. Your players do not do very well when we ran at you...although I must give the Bahraini players credit for intercepting passes and their reading of the game. On an individual basis the skill level is low for the Bahraini players. That's why you have to fakle and lie down in the grass like sheep forever. Go Ahead put 11 men in the box. We can bomb you from the deep...watch out. You guys have no damn shame.
wow you are really mad about faking lies down.... i hate this too if the other team is doing that but i have to accept fact it is a part of games match time is 90mins but it actually between 60 & 70 depends on match actions

& btw in europe teams they learn u how to be a movie star on the match: fake lies down, free cards to other team, amazing waste time wht u have seen is nothing to wht is going on in the strogest leagues in europe

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 12:01:57 AM »
bah owns...i glad to see yuh dont like this tactic...i giv yuh nuff respect for that...it sad that it is a part of the game now
Back in Trini...

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 12:07:32 AM »
YOU EVER SEE A TRINIDADIAN PLAYER TAKE A DIVE?!? YOU EVER SEE A TRINIDADIAN PLAYER LIE DOWN ON THE GROUND FOR 5 FLICKIN MINUTES AND THEN REFUSE A STRETCHER?!?  

YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO PLAYS FOOTBALL LIKE A MAN AND NOT LIKE SOME SISSY FAGGOT, LIKE BAHRAIN DOES!

OUR COACH, LEO BEENHAKKER, MANAGED TEAMS LIKE REAL MADRID, ONE OF THE TOP EUROPEAN LEAGUE TEAMS RIGHT NOW, AND DO YOU SEE HIM TELLING HIS PLAYERS TO FALL DOWN AND START CRYING ON THE FLOOR LIKE YOU BAHRAINIANS?

THE FOOTBALL YOU PLAY IS PATHETIC, WEAK AND DISGRACEFUL. YOU PLAYED DISRESPECTFUL TO US TRINIDADIANS AND TO YOURSELVES.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

(THIS POST ISN'T DIRECTED TO BAHRAIN FANS ON THIS BOARD, JUST THE TEAM ITSELF, BUT WHOEVER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY IN THEIR DEFENCE, SAY IT NOW!)

Offline mBody

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 12:36:18 AM »

commmon, let's be realistic.. i noticed some of your players falling on the grass too!! "the grass is like a concrete", FSC says.. then, the ground was full of water..
Yeah, esp at the beginin, many passes were like passed to the sky, but it was good overall..
Soccer is NOT soccer, it's FOOTBaLL

Offline mBody

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 12:37:34 AM »

I think they could've played much better, they were kinda nurvious..
Then, I think if Alaa Hubail was there from the beginin, we might saw a better result..

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 12:41:51 AM »
commmon, let's be realistic.. i noticed some of your players falling on the grass too!! "the grass is like a concrete", FSC says.. then, the ground was full of water..
Yeah, esp at the beginin, many passes were like passed to the sky, but it was good overall..

;D funny

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 12:52:01 AM »
Give Bahrain credit for getting the result.  Some of the men on this forum still figure this is intercol, Carlos beat a man, the crowd goes wild and then he sends in a poor cross.  A next man say we overpower Bahrain, which game was he watching.  He then comes back and talk about playing the game like men.  Well brother, 9 men sleep walk through that game.  Our play was never consistent and with purpose.  It took a moment of sheer brillance for us to escape with a draw.  Yes escape with a draw.  If we are to be honest, the chance Bahrain had in the first half and shot wide was the best goal scroing effort of the whole game.  I never thought I would say that Latas was not ready for this game but he was not.  The team has taken on Latas mentality, we go as he goes and he was not going tonight.  Latas will rise like the Phoenix on Wednesady and redeem himself.

We must do better.  Hats of to Bahrain, they accomplished their goal.  A draw with an away goal.

I believe we like adversity, so we will play with nothing to loose and only something to win on Wednesday.  At a minimum, we must score.  I am confident we can do it, but I have to give Bahrain a little more credit than before.  The Bahrain supporters pointed to Bahrain team speed and it was evident on Saturday.  We cannot allow them to get behind our wing backs in Bahrain.

Trinibago will win in Bahrain.  I strongly believe that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 12:59:13 AM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline mBody

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 12:54:24 AM »
YOU EVER SEE A TRINIDADIAN PLAYER TAKE A DIVE?!? YOU EVER SEE A TRINIDADIAN PLAYER LIE DOWN ON THE GROUND FOR 5 FLICKIN MINUTES AND THEN REFUSE A STRETCHER?!?  

YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO PLAYS FOOTBALL LIKE A MAN AND NOT LIKE SOME SISSY FAGGOT, LIKE BAHRAIN DOES!

OUR COACH, LEO BEENHAKKER, MANAGED TEAMS LIKE REAL MADRID, ONE OF THE TOP EUROPEAN LEAGUE TEAMS RIGHT NOW, AND DO YOU SEE HIM TELLING HIS PLAYERS TO FALL DOWN AND START CRYING ON THE FLOOR LIKE YOU BAHRAINIANS?

THE FOOTBALL YOU PLAY IS PATHETIC, WEAK AND DISGRACEFUL. YOU PLAYED DISRESPECTFUL TO US TRINIDADIANS AND TO YOURSELVES.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

(THIS POST ISN'T DIRECTED TO BAHRAIN FANS ON THIS BOARD, JUST THE TEAM ITSELF, BUT WHOEVER HAS SOMETHING TO SAY IN THEIR DEFENCE, SAY IT NOW!)

Well, i'm not goin to blindly defend my country..and I'd say, I think bahraini players need to work out more hours at the gym..

About disrespect, i really apprecaite your fans, they were really great.. I watched the match here in the university, with a Trinidadian, a friend of mine.. he was really great.
BUT, I do think that your players did disrespect our players too, several times.. I still remember one, where one of our players gave a hand to one of yours, and that latter didn't even look at him; i don' really remember who they were..

Anyways, it was a nice match overall..
Well, there is more to come, we' just sit and wait

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 01:05:18 AM »
First of all, you got all your facts wrong. I remember that moment in the game, while i was watching. It was Carlos Edwards who was given the hand to get back up. First off, when you tackle a player as dirty as Carlos Edwards was tackled at that moment, you wouldn't want to accept his help to get back up either. And further more, Carlos Edwards did reach out his hand to give the Bahrainian player "five" to appreciate his help, but he just wanted to prove that he didn't need it.

Also there was a part in the game where a Bahrainian player had the ball in his hands and had to give it to Kelvin Jack (our goalkeeper) and he threw it way high up in the air instead of nicely passing it to him. There were numerous times in the game where we nicely gave you the ball during throw-ins and foul shots, but sometimes we didn't recieve the same respect.

Offline khalid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 01:16:08 AM »

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

:yawning: :yapping:

Offline bahrain dream

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 01:48:04 AM »
 :yapping: :puking: :yawning:

no coments  :flamethrower:

Offline kuwait girl

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 02:38:00 AM »
both team still have the chance to go to germany

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 02:48:14 AM »
 We have a Great Chance....I Believe that T&T national Team will rise to the occasion and win on Wednesday....I believe....Go T&T

Offline ahmed

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 02:55:27 AM »
There is a chance for t&t but its hard but if they did it or not they still did a good
job to reach this place and tried hard both teams played fair the refree wasn't that
good he doesn't have many experience but over all both teams did will and we saw
a nice game bahrain was strong t&t didn't expect that they don't know much about
bahrain and they thought it is an easy opponent but they were wrong if they tried
really hard they may do something in the next match but they did great job and
you all must be proud to have a team like this.
Bahrain to germany 2006

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 03:02:06 AM »

Thanx

Palos, sometimes that happens. With the exception of Whitley and Edwards we didn't play well. Maybe they were nervous, or maybe it was just one of those days but it happened tonite. I think Wednesday you will see a more focused warrior team playing with purpose. If there are any pluses from this match it is that we know that Bahrain cannot handle dribblers in the penalty area. Carlos Edwards and Whitley at times ran them ragged. There right side is their weak link and we need to play Cornell Glenn against them. His pace will cause their defense all sorts of problems. They cannot defend against players with dribbling skills. They gave away alot of freekicks as a result. The other point is we need more shots on goal. The keeper clearly is not as good as ours.

Now for our defense, we gave up a goal that should not have happened. Our man marking needs to be improved, and our back four needs to play a bit higher up.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 04:23:27 AM »

Thanx

I think the game should be renamed Latapy vs Bahrain!!!

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 04:38:57 AM »

No.  They played up to 60% of their ability in my opinion, but they had a mission of getting at least something from the away game and they succeeded, and thats what counts at the end of the day.  Both teams have one game ahead to make it to Germany. 

Do you think it matters if you played well or not at this point more that the result matters?

In my opinion, Bahrain played for the result and got what they wanted.  We will not complain about their performance because they gave us the result we wanted.

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 04:42:51 AM »

The grass was wet and slippery.  The Bahrain game will be an even better one for us.  Don't count on winning here T&T.  Watch our performance against the Uzbecks in Bahrain.  Although scoreless, we missed a lot of chances and dominated the game.  You will be in a worse position than the Uzbeks.  Its our bridge game to the World Cup.

1]; } ?>