March 28, 2024, 02:38:00 PM

Author Topic: 2022 Courts Caribbean Classic Thread  (Read 5004 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Courts Caribbean Classic Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2022, 03:19:45 AM »
I am not reading much into this. Barbados is at the stage were in, when we played the US and got hammered. Barbados was playing competitively for the first 27 mins. After first 2 goals, their defence became porous. We played better because we had overseas players. We need more stiffer opponents.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2022, 03:25:34 AM »
Best goal of the 9: John-Paul Rochford!!! :applause:

Honorable mentions: Telfer, Moore and Garcia.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2022, 03:27:21 AM »
I am not reading much into this. Barbados is at the stage were in, when we played the US and got hammered. Barbados was playing competitively for the first 27 mins. After first 2 goals, their defence became porous. We played better because we had overseas players. We need more stiffer opponents.

Precisely.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2022, 03:29:54 AM »
Might be the level of opposition but Telfer was delivering at a notch above his prior recent showings. However, what's the Columbus Crew 2 reference about? Has he flown ahead of the paperwork in a Luke Singh kinda way?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2022, 03:36:13 AM »
Might be the level of opposition but Telfer was delivering at a notch above his prior recent showings. However, what's the Columbus Crew 2 reference about? Has he flown ahead of the paperwork in a Luke Singh kinda way?

Columbus Crew 2 ! Maybe he playing for their second team. I don't know.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2022, 06:17:10 AM »
Yeah, B'dos was poor, no debate there.  That said, we have seen many times TT (as Angus said) play down to the level of the opponent.  It's a WIP, onto the next match and the "true" test will be in the NL matches
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2022, 07:20:57 PM »
I heard Guyana was beating Barbados 3-0 at halftime.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2022, 07:24:34 AM »
I heard Guyana was beating Barbados 3-0 at halftime.
Final score Guyana 5 -Bim 0...goals in the 12,37,41,49 and 61 mins.One of the goals was a penalty in the 49th min.Guyana may be a better fight,they do have about 5 players from outside Guyana in quite minor leagues in England,Canada and one player in Portugal...no big deal.I hope we put a proper cutarse pon dem.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2022, 07:38:15 AM »
“We have the local-based players training four days a week in Guyana and the only way to test their level of readiness is to give them that match exposure,” the Guyana coach explained. “[…] This first game we wanted to use the local players […] to measure the work we have done. Against Trinidad and Tobago, we will try to play more of the overseas-based players and try to make it a match.”

Sensible stuff from Coach Shabazz.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2022, 08:02:09 AM »
“We have the local-based players training four days a week in Guyana and the only way to test their level of readiness is to give them that match exposure,” the Guyana coach explained. “[…] This first game we wanted to use the local players […] to measure the work we have done. Against Trinidad and Tobago, we will try to play more of the overseas-based players and try to make it a match.”

Sensible stuff from Coach Shabazz.
Leh : Shabaz play big till we shut em dong!!  :) :) :)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2022, 08:21:25 AM »
wish we could play this brave against opposition dat can actually hit back..........advantage ting.....we eh choose d opposition though

.............wonder if Latas was takin ah stand for what he knew would be ah disaster or hiding from it

d latter would be disappointing and ah very trini ting to do.......unfortunately

« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 08:23:00 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2022, 10:15:50 AM »
I don’t know.  But most Caribbean teams had problems with preps. What else he needed.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2022, 08:01:53 PM »
wouldn' lie though d "team goal" dat dillon score 68' gives me hope.....can we dat at higher speed under pressure though ???
I pity the fool....

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2022, 05:56:10 PM »
honestly speaking guys...this Guyana team had me thinking we were playing against the team that gonna win the World Cup in Qatar. They literally have us on the back foot for extended periods, creating more chances, corners etc.. We cant string passes together in the midfield, yet alone getting into the final 3rd...Guyana is dominating us, the only player that making any sort of impact is Levi Garcia and Aubrey David
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2022, 06:17:50 PM »
1-0 guyana...penalty

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2022, 07:02:44 PM »
Levi had a penalty saved, then the keeper save a header from the corner originating from the penalty, which caused another corner; that Levi scored; 1-1...guyana dominated; we only played decent in the last 15 minutes and created good chances. Doesn't seem like there is good comradery; and I don't understands Eve's tactics in making such late subs with players that was playing level tata; powder being a big one, and I cant remember the other fella name, but he plays in USL, a shortman

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »
honestly speaking guys...this Guyana team had me thinking we were playing against the team that gonna win the World Cup in Qatar. They literally have us on the back foot for extended periods, creating more chances, corners etc.. We cant string passes together in the midfield, yet alone getting into the final 3rd...Guyana is dominating us, the only player that making any sort of impact is Levi Garcia and Aubrey David

this is good, the regional teams have to challenge or we jus spinning top in mud.......fed up ah padding GD and feelin good jus to get bent over by CA and NA teams.

this good and it end 1-1 we move
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2022, 07:08:24 PM »
Levi had a penalty saved, then the keeper save a header from the corner originating from the penalty, which caused another corner; that Levi scored; 1-1...guyana dominated; we only played decent in the last 15 minutes and created good chances. Doesn't seem like there is good comradery; and I don't understands Eve's tactics in making such late subs with players that was playing level tata; powder being a big one, and I cant remember the other fella name, but he plays in USL, a shortman

getting back sumting after suffering and not playing well for ah long period.........this is good......we move
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2022, 12:04:36 AM »
Garcia saves Soca Warriors in the death as Guyana held 1-1.
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

IT was a tale of two penalties as Trinidad and Tobago drew 1-1 in Guyana in the final match of the invitational tri-nation series – the Courts Caribbean Classic, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on Tuesday.

Neil Danns put Guyana ahead with a 58th minute penalty but Levi Garcia equalised in the first minute of added-on time, two minutes after squandering an opportunity to equalise from the penalty spot.

However, T&T claimed the tournament trophy on the basis of a superior goal-difference to Guyana. T&T hammered Barbados 9-0 on Friday while Guyana whipped the Bajans 5-0; T&T had a better goal-difference of plus-four.

It was a tightly-fought affair for most of the match, with a number of hard tackles, as each team cancelled out each other, especially in the middle of the park.

Garcia, again playing in the false-nine role, met a Noah Powder corner but his header went wide, after 14 minutes of play, while Ryan Telfer was the beneficiary of a good pass from Garcia, in the 43rd minute, but his low shot, from the edge of the penalty box, narrowly missed the mark.

Guyana, who were combative but hardly penetrative in the first half, got a chance to open the scoring in the 57th minute, when referee Crystal Sobers awarded a debatable penalty when T&T right-back Jesse Williams appeared to get all ball from a tackle on Trayon Bobb.

And Danns kept his composure to send T&T goalkeeper and captain Marvin Phillip the wrong way, from the spot.

There were numerous substitutions which affected the flow of the match but the tempo changed in the last ten minutes, when T&T tried to level the scores, while Guyana appeared to indulge in a series of time-wasting tactics.

Rochford broke the offside trap, in the 80th minute, and got around Guyana goalie Akel Clarke, but his effort was blocked, off the line, by a retreating Jeremy Garret.

Five minutes later, Garcia picked up a spectacular cross from the right by Nicholas Dillon but his shot was denied by a well-timed block from centre-back Quincy Adams.

Rochford, who injected pace in the T&T attack, got a call in his favour in the 88th minute, when he was upended in the box from Guyana right-back Leo Lovell. But Clarke guessed correctly and went to his right to save Garcia’s effort.

Two minutes later, Garcia made amends as he rose above the defence to head home a corner from Rochford. However, there was a few security officials at the ground, as spectators rushed on to the running track to join in the celebrations.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK) (captain); 23.Jesse Williams, 3.Kareem Moses, 2.Aubrey David, 18.Triston Hodge; 24.Kevon Goddard (10.Duane Muckette 68), 15.Neveal Hackshaw (17.Mekeil Williams 63); 12.Judah Garcia (14.John-Paul Rochford 63), 19.Noah Powder (9.Nicholas Dillon 84), 7.Ryan Telfer (13.Reon Moore 46); 11.Levi Garcia.

Unused substitutes: 21.Denzil Smith (GK), 4.Leland Archer, 5.Samory Powder, 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 8.Marvin Waldrop, 16.Alvin Jones, 20.Jabari Mitchell, 25.Justin Sadoo.

Coach: Angus Eve

Guyana (4-4-1-1): 1.Akel Clarke (GK); 2.Leo Lovell, 19.Quincy Adams, 4.Jeremy Garrett, 8.Samuel Cox; 10.Omari Glasgow (11.Kelsey Benjamin 60), 23.Daniel Wilson (captain), 16.Neil Danns  (9.Clive Nobrega 76), 20.Trayon Bobb (5.Shemar Fraser 76); 6.Nathan Moriah-Welch; 17.Tyrell Ondaan (14.Jamanine Beckles 66).

Unused substitutes: 18.Ronaldo Blair (GK), 3.Kevin Layne, 7.Jobe Caesar, 12.Pernell Schultz, 13.Jamal Pereira, 15.Marcus Wilson, 21.Javier George.

Coach: Jamaal Shabazz

Referee: Crystal Sobers

Watch: Jamaal Shabazz's Post Game Reactions after last night's 1-1 draw with Trinidad and Tobago

Watch: Check out Angus Eve's Post-Match reactions after T&T's 1-1 draw with Guyana on Tuesday night

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 01:19:24 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2022, 04:20:45 AM »
Unlike the Barbados game where they score 9 goal, this one was very competitive. This game was a good game for TT, win, draw or loss. It showed we not there yet. We have a lot of work to do. I am glad Guyana had us on the back foot.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 05:50:28 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2022, 04:51:03 AM »

Doh brakes from calling de man name. Ah feel yuh wanted to put us in de neighborhood without pointing at de house.  Of the starters, these players are in the USL: Williams, Hodge and Hackshaw. If we isolate for height, then ...  yeah, iz dah house right dey. :rotfl:

Shabazz was UP for this game and he didn't hide it. Statement made and he ready to return to Guyana as a hero because the Brazilian would probably have been slapped around and definitely would not have played Danns. :rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2022, 07:11:36 AM »
Unlike the Barbados game where they score 9 goal, this one was very competitive. This game was a good game for TT, win, draw or loss. It showed we not there yet. We have a lot of work to do. I am glad Guyana had us on the back foot.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2022, 07:20:50 AM »
I pity the fool....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2022, 07:22:08 AM »
What was the attendance for the game?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2022, 07:34:26 AM »
Guyana did not look bad at all though decent press
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2022, 08:13:11 AM »

what position was he playing powder in ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2022, 09:05:39 AM »
some more takeaways even though Guyana had us under pressure they could have easily lost this game if wasn't for some last minute defending on ah couple of occasions, d Ref rigid interpretation of d tackle for d Guyana pen was unfortunate dat wasn't ah foul d player was taken in d follow through not d first contact......knew exactly where d pen was going too d taker didn't do much to disguise it.....Levi is ah decent false 9.......Dennis had ah good idea by playing Levi as ah striker, he jus play him as d d wrong type.........False 9 suits Levi a lot more than winger, better fit for his mentality and approach...........even though he a lot less selfish now
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2022, 12:51:09 PM »
Post-match comments from Eve

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UwtpbWQJfyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UwtpbWQJfyw</a>

Post-match comments from Shabazz

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Lf0E477o_O8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Lf0E477o_O8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2022, 02:08:11 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago's 🇹🇹 1-1 draw with Guyana 🇬🇾

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9ukiZajL_JA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9ukiZajL_JA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2022, 04:43:17 PM »
Judging from the highlights we should have won,first thing,it was never a penalty,it was a great tackle and he even come out with the ball,you couldn't get a cleaner tackle.We had clear cut chances,abou 3 and a couple half chances.This was a good Guyana team and we didn't take them lightly.I see TT getting better,and this is a very encouraging start.

1]; } ?>