March 28, 2024, 05:59:18 AM

Author Topic: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread  (Read 34329 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Concacaf Nations League Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2022, 06:02:45 AM »
JJ is with a club came just came back from injury made a few appreances.   D Muckette is without for 2 years yet angus say JJ is short  match practice. He picked players whom he worked with for Bermuda stating   they have an idea the way he is trying to play !! . He fly kedman all this way for???  Nicholas dillon does  not standout in the  local league.   Still no rangers players. ???

Would like to see him in a properly expressive situation.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2022, 03:50:43 PM »
JJ is with a club came just came back from injury made a few appreances.   D Muckette is without for 2 years yet angus say JJ is short  match practice. He picked players whom he worked with for Bermuda stating   they have an idea the way he is trying to play !! . He fly kedman all this way for???  Nicholas dillon does  not standout in the  local league.   Still no rangers players. ???

let see if he plays then ... ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »
assylumseeker, I clearly understand what yuh saying,but we buss dem rass,ent is dem who f**k we up not long ago, dey suddenly get to big for their little boots.Let dem go ress up and ready for a second serving.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2022, 03:59:35 PM »
Soca Warriors labour to beat Bahamas 1-0 to keep hopes alive
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Heavy weather on a heavy ground, but still just enough to give Trinidad and Tobago's senior men's football team their first points of the CONCACAF Nations League.

Last night, T&T moved back into contention when defeating Bahamas 1-0 courtesy a fourth minute Neveal Hackshaw header, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

With some help after Nicaragua was held 2-2 by St Vincent & the Grenadines earlier yesterday, last night's home victory brought the Soca Warriors firmly back in the equation.

Nicaragua still lead Group C, of League B, with four points, followed by T&T and Bahamas, both on three points, and then SVG on a single point. T&T now have away and home games against St Vincent & the Grenadines, on June 10 & 13.

Soca Warriors head-coach Angus Eve made six changes to the team which lost the series opener last Friday and might have been happy with the near 80 per cent possession his footballers enjoyed in the first half against the Bahamians, who defended deep and had not a single meaningful attack on the T&T goal throughout the match.

Even so, Bahamas stuck to a game plan meant to frustrate the hosts, and their coach Nesly Jean might have been satisfied being down just a goal when the first half ended. Even so Bahamas were lucky to not be a player short, owing to lenient officiating by Guyanese referee Shavon Greene, who allowed defensive midfielder Roen Davis to get away with half dozen late tackles before reluctantly issuing the player a yellow card.

Bahamas had almost none of the possession in the opening half-hour and were totally pushed back. But for all their possession, T&T played far too slow, and did not pressure the Bahamas defenders, allowing crosses to easily go out of play.

The very first pass the Bahamas made went out of play. The second one similarly. It never got better for them.

Hackshaw had the Soca Warriors ahead in just the fourth minute with a powerful header onto Noah Powder's corner-kick.
Duane Muckette then headed Levi Garcia's cross onto the crossbar in the 12th minute and Powder delivered another corner which Kareem Moses got power behind, only for Bahamian goalkeeper Julio Jemison to make a terrific save.

Garcia (Levi) also skied a shot from a good position atop the penalty area, while the impressive Jemison kept his team in the match with two crucial saves as the first half waned.
First, turning around Kevon Goddard's low, long-range effort, then making a close up save as Judah Garcia procrastinated, when only putting in a weak effort at an open goal.

The Soca Warriors offered far less in the second half, but had little to worry against the Bahamians, who had mainly teenagers on the field by the time the final whistle blew.

TEAMS

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK) (captain); 16. Alvin Jones (18.Shannon Gomez 74), 12.Kareem Moses, 2.Aubrey David, 19.Keston Julien; 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 8.Kevon Goddard; 7.Noah Powder (20.Molik Khan 81), 10.Duane Muckette (14.John-Paul Rochford 61), 13.Judah Garcia (9.Nicholas Dillon 61); 11.Levi Garcia (17.Reon Moore 81).

Unused substitutes: 21.Denzil Smith (GK), 22.Jabari St Hillaire (GK), 4.Sheldon Bateau, 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 3.Jameel Neptune, 23.Leston Paul, 5.Daniel Phillips.

Head coach: Angus Eve

Bahamas (3-4-3): 18.Julio Jemison (GK); 4.Troy Pinder, 10.Lesly St Fleur (captain), 8.Evelt Julmis; 7.Quinton Carey (5.Kenaiz Swain 47), 16.Jean Francois (15.Michael Massey 80), 19.Roen Davis (14.Logan Russell 85), 13.Christopher Rahming; 11.Marcel Joseph (17.Jordin Wilson 80), 6.Wood Julmis, 12.Omari Bain.

Unused substitutes: 23.Vance Weaton (GK), 2.Alexiou Cartwright, 3.Miguel Thompson.

Head coach: Nesley Jean

Referee: Shavin Greene (Guyana)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KebV-bxTmvk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KebV-bxTmvk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qBSXlQrif9E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qBSXlQrif9E</a>
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 04:05:14 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2022, 05:07:45 PM »
assylumseeker, asylumseeker I clearly understand what yuh saying,but we buss dem rass,ent is dem who f**k we up not long ago, dey suddenly get to big for their little boots.Let dem go ress up and ready for a second serving.

It didn't feel like we avenged the defeat. It felt like we co-signed on our decline. I really would like to hear or read Lesly St. Fleur's [the Bahamian captain's] take on both matches.

In my mind, this was a less accomplished and capable opponent than was presented in the first match. Last time they played a college-bound freshman in goal. He thrived. This time they had a thinner bench and a fair quantum of players U-18. At one point, the oldest player on the field for them was 24 (might have been the GK). Largely more inexperience. Had they poise and St. Fleur on the edge of their opportunities, we would be looking at a 1-1 draw.

Our 1-0 lead was tenuous and not convincing ... with respect to the future we imagine and desire.

They did well to limp to a respectable loss. Notably, we limped to a 1-0 victory, despite the glossy PR statements emanating from the camp.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:12:05 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2022, 07:50:01 PM »
Right now I watching JA play Suriname. The level of play and intensity I seeing here, we far behind. I even watch the Grenada and El Salvador game, and Grenada play them out good. I have no doubt that Grenada could bust we ass right now. If Nicaragua beat Bahamas, then the SVG on Friday is going to be the game that determines our fate. We must win that game. A tie and Nicaragua will control our destiny.

Btw, that win against Bahamas yesterday was a loss in my books.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2022, 04:46:44 AM »

He has been excluded for the SVG match.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2022, 04:57:15 AM »

He has been excluded for the SVG match.

I hope we did not waste money to fly him here ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2022, 07:41:34 AM »
assylumseekerif we have to do it the hard way so be it but I am sticking with the Socawarriors,I have suffered so much just hoping,I'll continue hoping till I' gone.Go Warriors make me happy. :frustrated:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 07:44:19 AM by frico »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2022, 06:42:33 PM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2022, 06:04:20 AM »
assylumseekerif we have to do it the hard way so be it but I am sticking with the Socawarriors,I have suffered so much just hoping,I'll continue hoping till I' gone.Go Warriors make me happy. :frustrated:
bro, hoping for this team to come around is like falling in love with a self loathing slag who can’t stop herself from being lose. staying with her would only mean pain and disappointment in the end, so is better to detach yourself and accept the fact that she’s not worth loving.

these lads here just ain’t good enough, and they don’t have what it takes to compete on a higher level collectively. they play in very mediocre leagues and most of them have very poor basic skills, in addition, their concentration level leaves much to be desired, so what’s there to love?

These people refuse to invest in sports but expects to be successful, that’s madness. they will continue to bum, and to weaker teams in concacaf. and I’m hoping that if this continues maybe then they will get the message and make a turn around and invest heavily in all sports especially football.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:09:23 AM by pull stones »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2022, 01:38:02 PM »
ahhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! We touching these MEN HOSS!!  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2022, 01:59:12 PM »
Looks like Hackshaw is the in-form player.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2022, 04:05:21 PM »
assylumseekerthis should bring a smile to your face,the cutarse was applied and we now in de mood,

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2022, 06:18:02 PM »
Hackshaw is the ace in that midfield right now

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2022, 06:33:42 PM »
assylumseekerthis should bring a smile to your face,the cutarse was applied and we now in de mood,

Result in the right direction, but no beaming smile or smile because direct qualification to League A isn't a clear cut outcome.

We are doing enough to get by, but we are also doing some detrimental things repeatedly (less than wonderful management of the ball and the clock, for instance).

Buh yeah, I feel significantly better than having less than 6 points would have produced.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:38:06 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »
Yeah we playing the game hard against ourselves. We are our worst opponent.

The game that'll probably decide things is the Bahamas game. We need to beat Bahamas convincingly. At least 3. Not just a get by win. Mark my words, we beat Bahamas by 3, we will walk through Nicaragua. A get by win will put too much pressure on us. Dais wha I see

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2022, 10:45:49 PM »
this is the best chance we have to qualify for gold cup versus the dodgey qualification process rather than been in league A. and it's a good test for us. Would like to see more bleeding in youngsters though but its a decent balance in the squad. Its still in our hands.  :beermug: promotion may end up on goal difference. the next two games are critical.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 10:47:22 PM by Spursy »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2022, 12:13:35 AM »
Hacksaw and and Levi's goal were great. Levi heading is superb. I just saw highlights, so I can't make a capable assessment. As long as they top the group by almost any means necessary is all that matters right now.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2022, 05:03:32 AM »
We seem to be turning the corner slowly,this will be such a big deal for us to top our table and it's a strong possibility we may do so.We Trini supporters haven't had much to celebrate over the last 10/12 years,let's hope we have something now.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2022, 06:14:49 AM »
We seem to be turning the corner slowly,this will be such a big deal for us to top our table and it's a strong possibility we may do so.We Trini supporters haven't had much to celebrate over the last 10/12 years,let's hope we have something now.

Turning a corner with a victories over St Vincent and Bahamas?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2022, 11:18:50 AM »

St Vincent is nobody's fool and could be proper "banana skin",just remember Bahamas a few months ago and you'll see why I said "turning the corner slowly".The team is showing some improvement and I can't deny them that.I think we will top our group.Have faith Trini_2026

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »

In the situation we are in right now, YES!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2022, 12:59:11 PM »
Soca Warriors seal second Nations League win.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

Neveal Hackshaw and Levi Garcia both scored first-half goals as the T&T Soca Warriors cooled St Vincent and the Grenadines “Vincy Heat” 2-0 in their Match Day Three clash off to move temporarily to the top of Group C of the 2022/2023 Concacaf Nations League matches in League B at Arnos Vale Stadium in Kingstown, St Vincent Friday.

With the win, their ninth in 14 matches against the “Vincy Heat”, the Angus-Eve-coached Soca Warriors improved to six points from three matches, two ahead of Nicaragua. That was until the Nicaraguans sealed a 2-0 win over Bahamas at Thomas Robinson Stadium in Nassau, two hours later, to retake the lead.

Meanwhile, the loss was also the first for St Vincent and the Grenadines in a CNL match on home soil and they remain at the bottom of the four-team pool ahead of their second match against T&T at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, on Monday from 7 pm, while Nicaragua, who sits in the top spot in Group C with seven points, and Bahamas will also meet again.

Yesterday, the Soca Warriors were on the front foot from early on with Garcia taking on three defenders before firing a shot off his weaker right foot over the bar from just inside the 18-yard box after only four minutes.

Two minutes later, T&T went close again when the lively Reon Moore fed Garcia a pass from the left flank and the Greece-based T&T striker then squared to an onrushing Noah Powder, but he too fired over with goalkeeper Lemus Christopher at his mercy, when it seemed easier to hit the target.

St Vincent and the Grenadines though would come the closest to an opener in the 14th minute when Garret Leigertwood found some space on the left byline and chipped a pass across the T&T goal mouth and goalkeeper Marvin Phillip, but Moldova-based defender Keston Julien was alert to the play and cleared the ball away with the host captain Cornelius Stewart ready to pounce.

The opener eventually came for T&T in the 17th minute when Hackshaw of United Soccer Championship outfit Indy Eleven intercepted a pass in SVG midfield and played a forward pass to Garcia.

Garcia, in turn, played a cheeky through ball over the top to Hackshaw who had continued the run and the T&T midfielder then held off his marker before lobbing a left-footed effort past the onrushing Christopher and into the open goal for a deserved 1-0 advantage.

AEK Athens striker Garcia then doubled T&T's lead when he leapt between defenders Mekeal Williams and Jahvin Sutherland to connect with a long-range pass from John-Paul Rochford with a downward header back across Christopher and into the far corner off the inside of the post.

Two minutes before the half-time interval, T&T almost extended the margin to 3-0 via a long-range free-kick, but unluckily for the T&T player, it cannoned off the right upright with goalkeeper Christopher beaten at full stretch and out of play for a goal kick.

On the resumption, coach Eve would have hoped for the T&T players to add to their tally, but faced with a heavy downpour of rain and a robust tackling host who were the benefit of some lenient officiating by American referee Alex Chilowicz, the Soca Warriors failed to add to their tally with Garcia glancing a header over from a corner in the 57th and Moore firing against the cross-bar in the 59th while Stewart headed wide of the target for the host after a right-sided centre skidded off the head of T&T defender, Turkey-based Sheldon Bateau.

T&T then wasted another chance in the 67th minute when Moore failed to pick out substitute, India-based Marcus Joseph, who was unguarded at the centre of the goal while in the 82nd, Rochford was put through on the right side of the 18-yard box but with three T&T players awaiting his cut-back pass, St Vincent and the Grenadines Kevin Francis made a timely interception for his team.

The T&T players were then left frustrated by another bizarre call from referee Chilowicz when he failed to call a penalty kick after goalkeeper Christopher missed his attempted punch on a right-sided cross and connected with the head of Hackshaw.

And two minutes into time added-on, Joseph tried his luck from just outside the 18-yard box, but Christopher was equal to the task and made a comfortable low save.

In the end, it was a well-deserved win for T&T who will return home today (on Saturday) ahead of Monday night's penultimate match in the group against SVG at Mucurapo.

The "Vincy Heat", meanwhile is still searching for its first CNL victory of this tournament, having fallen to the Bahamas in the opener but earning a point in a 2-2 draw with Nicaragua last time out.

The loss was also the first for SVG in a CNL match on home soil.

Yesterday's result:

T&T 2 (Neveal Hackshaw 17th, Levi Garcia 24th) vs St Vincent and the Grenadines 0

Group Standings:

Teams P W D L F A Pts
Nicaragua 3 2 1 0 6 3 7
T&T 3 2 0 1 4 2 6
Bahamas 3 1 0 2 1 3 3
SVG 3 0 1 2 2 5 1

T&T: 1. Marvin Phillip (GK/capt), 2. Aubrey David, 3. Sheldon Bateau, 7. Noah Powder (20. Molik Khan 85th), 11. Levi Garcia (9. Marcus Joseph 60th), 14. Shannon Gomez, 15. Neveal Hackshaw, 17. Reon Moore (5. Daniel Phillips 71st), 18. John-Paul Rochford (13. Judah Garcia), 19. Keston Julien, 23. Leston Paul (8. Kevon Goddard 51st)

Subs not used: 21. Denzil Smith (GK), 22. Jabari St Hillaire (GK), 3. Jameel Neptune, 6. Andre Ettienne, 10. Duane Muckette, 12. Kareem Moses, 16. Alvin Jones.

Head coach: Angus Eve

SVG: 23. Lemus Christopher (GK), 3. Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, 4. Mekeal Williams (15.Kevin Francis 76th), 5. Jahvin Sutherland, 7. Nazir Mc Burnette, 8. Darren Hamlet (14. Keshorn Durham 61st), 9. Cornelius Stewart (captain), 11. Azinho Solomon, 12. Garret Leigertwood, 18. Jamol Yorke (6. Kurlon Williams 82nd), 21. Brad Richards (20. Aaron Jackson 45th)

Subs not used: 1, Josh Stowe (GK), 22. Jadiel Chance (GK), 2. Camal Bass, 13. Tristan Marshall, 16. Diel Spring, 19. Hosni Chandler.

Head coach: Kendale Mercury

WATCH Eve at Post-Match Presser after T&T's 2-0 win over St Vincent at Arnos Vale. Both teams meet again on Monday 7pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2022, 12:36:24 PM »
Rochford wants Soca Warriors to maintain intensity against Vincy Heat
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday).

JOHN-PAUL Rochford, the Trinidad and Tobago attacking midfielder, wants his teammates to maintain the same intensity they showed on Friday when they square off against St Vincent and the Grenadines, in the second time in four days, in their League B, Group C tie of the Concacaf Nations League. This game is carded for the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo from 7 pm.

T&T whipped St Vincent and the Grenadines 2-0 on Friday, at the Arnos Vale Recreation Ground in Kingstown, with first half goals from Neveal Hackshaw and Levi Garcia.

Nicaragua lead the four-team standings with seven points from three games, followed by T&T (six), Bahamas (three), and St Vincent and the Grenadines (one).

In an interview on the TT Football Association (TTFA) YouTube channel, Rochford said, "I think the intensity and the professionalism that we had in the game (on Friday) and the game against the Bahamas (last Monday), that same intensity is key for us because we had an amazing start to the game and we got two goals in the first 30 minutes.

"If we do that same thing on Monday, especially at home with the atmosphere and the crowd backing us, I think we'll come out with a better result, especially going to the last two games (in the group)."

The last two set of matches in League B, Group C is set for March 25 and 28, 2023.

On June 3, T&T fell to a 2-1 defeat to Nicaragua, but rebounded with a 1-0 victory over the Bahamas, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, last Monday.

The group winners will gain promotion to League A and earn an automatic spot in the 2022 Concacaf Gold Cup, the runners-up will feature in the Gold Cup preliminary round and the cellar-placed team will be relegated to League C.

WATCH Rochford and Reon Moore aim to finish CNL window on a High

WATCH Phillips embracing T&T role at international level

WATCH Goddard: I've been waiting for this opportunity

WATCH Short Film - The T&T versus Bahamas Affair

« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 01:34:48 PM by Flex »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2022, 07:17:50 AM »
So the Ref was a proper "party pooper",seems like he had een for us.i really would like to describe him with some more colourful Caribbean epithets,for now I'll stick to "party pooper" ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2022, 11:21:39 AM »
Frico, like you and most of the forum I support the team. We have been underwhelming in our performances so far. I have not seen an entire games, thus unable comment, criticize, etc. I spoke to my friends and they say midfield lacking badly.  They are disappointed in Rochford current play. There are players in the Ascension league should be on the team. They say Defence Force could handle Bahamas, St. Vincent and with some others players take on Nicaragua. MikeGrayson said that even Attuallah Guerra would add much needed impetus in the middle.  For a player in his heyday who was an all attacking player, they are disappointed in Angus selection. 

I watch  Haiti destroyed Guyana 6-2 in Guyana.  Haiti was all power and attacking football. I doubt very much that was Guyana 2nd team playing. I doubt this current TT team can measure up to Haiti.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 11:25:08 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2022, 12:52:22 PM »
Frico, like you and most of the forum I support the team. We have been underwhelming in our performances so far. I have not seen an entire games, thus unable comment, criticize, etc. I spoke to my friends and they say midfield lacking badly.  They are disappointed in Rochford current play. There are players in the Ascension league should be on the team. They say Defence Force could handle Bahamas, St. Vincent and with some others players take on Nicaragua. MikeGrayson said that even Attuallah Guerra would add much needed impetus in the middle.  For a player in his heyday who was an all attacking player, they are disappointed in Angus selection. 

I watch  Haiti destroyed Guyana 6-2 in Guyana.  Haiti was all power and attacking football. I doubt very much that was Guyana 2nd team playing. I doubt this current TT team can measure up to Haiti.

Rochford is being used to exploit play on the wing: that's not his game. His strength is interior play, but this version of the NT does not focus on creation in the middle sectors of the field. You know football --- compute those variables. Rochford presented difficulties for the Nicaraguans prior to his substitution (take that to the bank) and they were happy to see his back.

In the match at home, I know some have quibbled about his retention of possession, but in several instances the issue was not the quality of his passing but an absence of thinking the circumstances at the same speed as the player in possession (Rochford). Of course, he isn't without responsibility but one has to factor in the mix of enthusiasm, maturity and interpretation of a player granted greater responsibility than he has ever had at this level. All of the above stated, I think we are not honing in on his attributes that would give us a more cohesive and consistent attacking presence.

The negatives with the NT are systemic rather than particularly individual. I would caution against scapegoating specific individuals because in this instance their output is tied tightly to coaching preferences as to circulation of the ball.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 02:41:09 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2022, 12:57:39 PM »
Guyana struck me as having been poorly warmed-up and activated pre-match.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2022, 01:18:18 PM »
[/quote]

That team was really Haiti C team with one regular national team player , the goaly. the team was made up of  mostly U23 players straight out of Haiti. Haiti's best are currently in France lighting up the score board in France D2 league. They wouldn't come to play for Haiti due to disagreement with the current coach that they had publicly criticized in the media. They put together a B team. Most of that B team players couldn't get US visa to go to Guyana since there are no straight fly from Haiti to Guyana.That team that destroyed Guyana at home was mainly Haiti U-23 local based players and would probably take care of Guyana again tomorrow to move up Haiti in league A and a spot in the next GC.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 01:48:10 PM by truehaitian »

1]; } ?>