April 27, 2024, 02:57:56 PM

Author Topic: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread  (Read 37162 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread
« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2023, 09:05:32 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2023, 03:30:07 PM »
Hackshaw, Moore express confidence in Soca Warriors
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Soca Warriors duo, midfielder Neveal Hackshaw of Oakland Roots and Defence Force striker Reon Moore are confident of getting a positive result against the USA in their first-leg Concacaf Nations League quarterfinal at the Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas on Thursday (November 16).

The Americans, who along with Mexico, Canada and Costa Rica were handed byes into the quarterfinals based on their FIFA rankings, will then visit Port-of-Spain on November 20 for the second-leg match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

The Angus Eve-coached T&T reached the quarterfinals having finished second in the six-team Group A qualifiers with nine points, with a 5-3 loss to Curacao in their final match on October 17, their only blemish and will go into the meeting with the Americans as heavy underdogs having gone under in their last two meetings 6-0 at the Concacaf Gold Cup last July, and 7-0 in January.

The USA currently holds a 21-3-4 all-time advantage against T&T, but speaking after their final training session at home at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar before heading to the United States as part of the 23-man squad, both Hackshaw and Moore expressed their confidence in the team's chances.

Hackshaw, who has featured 39 times for the senior team and has netted twice first expressed satisfaction with the preparation ahead of the team's departure which included a few practice matches against some of the local T&T Premier Football League (TTPFL) clubs, who are readying themselves for the start of the second season on November 24.

The robust midfielder said, "These sessions have been very important as we try to get match fit with these games we have been playing here and I think the guys are playing and doing pretty good.

"Now we're just waiting to meet up with the rest of the guys and I think it's going to be fun."

Looking ahead to the first-leg encounter against the Americans, Hackshaw said he was feeling good and positive.

He added, "I think with the bunch of guys we have now I think we're going to give them a good fight. It's not going to be easy both ways for us and for them, and I think we are going to do good.

"This team we have here is a fighting team. It's a younger group, but I think everyone is always up for the fight, and with the addition of Levi (Garcia), I think we are going to do great."

With regards to the Texas venue, Hackshaw said, "It's going to be cold and with their fans, it's going to be a great atmosphere because the field is really nice, which is going to be nice for us as well."

With the second leg to be played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, the following Monday, Hackshaw was also mindful that the Soca Warriors will need a positive result to give themselves a chance at home to advance.

He said, "It's not going to be easy for us, but we are going there to give them a show, and we are not going to step short and we are going to go full hundred."

The 27-year-old Moore who has scored seven goals in 24 appearances, including two in his last two matches, added: "I think we will do well in Texas.

"The training session with the boys have been high intensity so far, we are fully enthusiastic about the task at hand and we are going to go there and show that we have what it takes to beat the USA."

With regards to the Americans, Moore said he believes they have selected a good squad despite the absence of the injured Italian-based duo of Christian Pulisic (AC Milan) and Timothy Weah (Juventus).

However, the in-form T&T striker noted that at the end of the day, football is played on the day.

He boasted, "So I don't feel threatened in any way about the squad that the USA plays with."

Commenting on the return of captain Levi Garcia who missed all four matches for the Soca Warriors in the six-team League A qualifiers, Moore said: "It will be a big plus for all the guys and the technical staff to have Levi back in the team because what he brings to the table for us is great."

In the other quarterfinal match-ups, Canada faces Jamaica, Mexico battles Honduras and Panama meets Costa Rica.

At the end of the four home-and-away series, the four winners will not only advance to the Nations League final four in March next year but also will clinch their spots in next summer’s Copa America, the eminent South American competition, which will be held at venues in the USA.

The four losing quarterfinalists will still have an opportunity to qualify for Copa America 2024 via a single-match direct elimination play-in, where they will play for the two remaining slots awarded to Concacaf nations for the Copa America which will feature 10 CONMEBOL nations and six Concacaf nations.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #362 on: November 15, 2023, 06:49:39 AM »
Soca Warrior Nathaniel James eager to combine with Levi Garcia.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

STRIKER Nathaniel "Natty" James wants to combine with Levi Garcia for the Soca Warriors, as the teenager believes he can form a solid attacking pair alongside the Greek-based player against the US in the quarter-finals of the Concacaf Nations League on Thursday and Monday.

The first leg of the quarter-finals will be played in Austin, Texas on Thursday at 10 pm, TT time. The second leg will kick off at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo, on Monday at 8 pm. The winner over the two legs will not only advance to the semi-finals of the Nations League but will earn a spot at the 2024 Copa America.

James, who has settled down quickly in T&T colours, wants the Soca Warriors to be confident.

"We are here for a purpose. I think the team needs to be brave in attack and we need to be disciplined in defence," James told TT Football Association media. "I think we could do really well here. Everyone is in high spirits, it is a good bunch...I am happy to be here."

On the possibility of playing with Garcia, James said, "I am really happy to be here with Levi. I really want to play with him and I think we can combine well in the attack. I think it will be a good experience for me. The amount of knowledge (he has) and the amount of things he can teach me, I think it will be good."

James and Garcia have similar traits, using speed and skill to evade defenders. The Soca Warriors have welcomed the return of Garcia after recovering from a leg injury.

Despite just having a few caps under his belt, James has already scored two match-winning goals for T&T in the Nations League group phase. Against Curacao he scored the winner in a 1-0 victory for the Soca Warriors and in a match against Guatemala, his late free kick led to a 3-2 win.

"I just take one game at a time. I try not to have any pressure on myself. The coach (Angus Eve) knows what I can do, he believes in me so I just go out and I do what I can do. It is natural to me, the brain is on autopilot."

James said he is enjoying the experience of playing with Mt Pleasant after joining the team for the 2023/2024 Jamaica Premier League (JPL) season which began in October. James said the JPL is a physically demanding league.

For the first time in the 2023/2024 Concacaf Nations League, Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be introduced during the match between the US and T&T when the teams play each other in the first leg of the quarter-finals.

Jamaican Oshane Nation has been appointed as the referee for the first leg of the clash between the Soca Warriors and T&T. The assistant referee one is Stephanie-Dale Yee Sing, assistant referee two is Ojay Duhaney and the fourth official is Christopher Mason, all from Jamaica.

Canadian Drew Fischer will be the VAR and his assistant in the booth will be Costa Rican Benjamin Pineda.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 15, 2023, 08:53:23 PM »
Ahead of USMNT showdown, Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Angus Eve is doing things his way
By Jon Arnold (getconcacafed.substack.com)

Angus Eve will be in the technical area Thursday, leading Trinidad and Tobago against the United States in a Concacaf Nations League quarterfinal. This comes to the surprise of many people. One of those people is Angus Eve.

The Soca Warriors definitely weren’t supposed to make it here. They finished the previous Nations League in League B and, even after they were awarded a League A place thanks to a penalty handed down to another nation, they weren’t favored to advance.

As for Eve’s presence? He quit this very job this very summer.

“I felt that the team hit a rock wall and that they would’ve needed massive change at the time,” he told me in a phone call last week.

“Coming out of the Gold Cup, I was so disappointed with a number of things that happened in that tournament that I wouldn’t disclose here now, but going through that process I felt deeply that - my contract was up - and probably I should move on and do something else.”

The head of the normalization committee currently running the Trinidad and Tobago FA approached Eve and convinced him he shouldn’t leave because of two poor results in the Gold Cup. They worked out an extension, with the committee backing the former defender, and the 51-year-old returned to work.

It turned out to be a good choice for everyone.

Trinidad and Tobago won three of its next four matches, beating Curacao in Port of Spain, securing a road win in El Salvador and rallying from 2-0 down to beat Guatemala 3-2 in October.

The team showed fight in a 5-3 loss to Curacao on the final day as well, though Curacao had more to play for that day and it showed. Those results mean Trinidad and Tobago is here, playing the U.S. in a two-game series for the right to play in the Concacaf Nations League Final Four and in the 2024 Copa América.

Eve’s teams aren’t pinging the ball around or even looking to build from the back, with the Soca Warriors adopting a style of play even its mother would label ugly.

But, for Eve, muddying things up and finding a goal on a counter-attack or a set piece provides the best chance for Trinidad and Tobago to win. Why would he do anything else?

While Jamaica can naturalize English-born players like Michail Antonio and Demarai Gray, then turn them loose, Eve said, “We have to develop our players. We do not produce the Russell Latapys, the Arnold Dwarikas, any more, the flair players we had before.”

“That’s why we adopted that style, that way of play, and it has worked for us,” Eve continued, pointing to Leicester City’s historic run in the Premier League and the recent cup upset in Germany when Saarbrücken beat Bayern Munich with just 25 percent possession. “It’s not about how much of the ball you have, I believe. It’s what you actually do with the ball. The players you have dictate what type of football you can play.

“I like the expansive style of football, but do we have the players to do that? I don’t think so.”

Few will argue with the results, and no one doubts Eve’s passion, however, he is not a universally popular figure.

In September, Columbus Crew winger Kevin Molino made clear he wouldn’t represent the national team if Eve is still leading it, telling Wired868 “I don’t want to be a part of this mess … For me, he lost the locker room. One hundred percent, he lost the locker room.”

These November matches will mark the return of Levi Garcia, the AEK Athens forward who is unquestionably Trinidad and Tobago’s star player at the moment. While he was yet to make a public statement, there were some concerns about his disposition toward the national team still led by Eve. He’s in the roster, and, Eve says, a key component of the squad.

“Once Levi’s fit, a player of his caliber must be a part of the team. We see Levi as the poster-boy, the catalyst for the team,” Eve said. “He’s well-respected not just by the players and his peers but also the country because he does a lot of work in his community and beyond.

“I think he just needed a proper rest.”

No one expected Eve to be coaching these matches, and fewer still expect Trinidad and Tobago to secure direct qualification to the 2024 Copa América with an aggregate win over the United States.

“We know it’s a mountain to climb against the U.S.” Eve said. “But I think we’re a different team with a different mentality. When we come out there, we basically have nothing to lose.

“We believe we’ve done what we had to do: Nobody expected us to be here and nobody expected us to win any of the games, so we want to keep making magic.”

While nervous U.S. fans may recall the historical anecdote of 2017, Eve said one of his first memories of the U.S. when it comes to soccer is an even deeper cut: Paul Caligiuri’s 1989 goal in Port of Spain to put the Americans into Italy 1990 over Trinidad and Tobago.

“That lives in the back of our minds forever and ever,” he said.

Eve was still a few years away from beginning a playing career that would end with him as the most-capped player all-time for Trinidad and Tobago, but one that saw him beat the U.S. only once, a 1994 friendly match.

Since then, much of Eve’s career as a player and a manager has been shaped by federation chaos. He says that he read about Morocco’s run at the 2022 World Cup, with stakeholders saying, ‘Let’s put politics aside,’ ahead of the tournament.

As the normalization committee continues to call the shots and the country’s sporting infrastructure re-emerges after a long Covid-19 shutdown, Eve wishes something similar could happen with soccer in Trinidad and Tobago.

“It always happened like this, since I was playing. We had great teams but never pushed on because they had issues behind,” Eve said. “I think it’s a lack of professionalism a lot of times. People have feelings about personal things instead of getting on with the job.”

After leaving the job, Eve now is working to get on with it himself, trying to win his players over, have them buy into his idea and keep surprising everyone - himself included.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 16, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »
Goodluck tonight boys. I'm hoping everyone's fit and we can remain organized without becoming discombobulated as we seldom do against the US.Watching the scores of the last 3 games vs the US 6-0, 7-0 & 6-0 loses. If we can grind out a draw I would be over the moon.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 12:17:11 PM by soccerman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2023, 03:42:10 PM »
Aubrey David – Trinidad and Tobago need to 'tough it out' against U.S.
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday).

Soca Warriors captain Aubrey David says T&T need to "tough it out" against the US if they are to get a favourable result in the first leg of their Concacaf Nations League A quarter-final tie in Texas on Thursday night.

T&T meet the defending champions from 10 pm TT time, with the return leg scheduled for 8 pm on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo. With the winner of the home-and-away tie booking an automatic spot in the 2024 Copa America tournament, David says his team needs to seize the moment and "stay united."

"We are two games away from entering a Copa America tournament which is one of the biggest things for us," David told TT Football Association (TTFA) media. "We are focused and the guys are responding well. The guys are ready for the encounter.

"It is no secret (the US) have top-class players. That does not deter us from going and getting a result also. We need to go and stick to the game plan and tough it out and see if we can get the win."

The US got a thumping 6-0 win over T&T in the group stages of the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup. David, 33, says T&T will need to have tactical discipline to keep the US at bay.

"I think we achieved the mission which was to get back to playing these caliber of games. If we can get a (draw), that will leave us playing for everything for 90 minutes in T&T. With good support from the crowd, I think we can finish the job there."

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:44:48 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2023, 03:44:37 PM »
Soca Warrior coach Angus Eve: 'We want to be in Copa 2024'
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago men’s football team coach Angus Eve says qualifying for the 2024 CONMEBOL Copa America tournament has the potential to change the football landscape in the country.

On Thursday and Monday, T&T will lock horns with the US in a home-and-away quarter-final tie in the 2023/24 Concacaf Nations League (CNL) A cycle. The US, defending champions in the Nations League, will host the first leg from 10 pm TT time at the Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas. T&T will host the return leg at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo on Monday night.

At stake for the two teams in the CNL quarter-final is a spot in the CNL semi-final and also an automatic spot in next year’s expanded Copa tournament, which will feature six Concacaf teams. Even with a loss in the quarter-final, either T&T or the US can still advance to Copa 2024 via a single-match, direct elimination play-off against one of the other losing quarter-finalists in March next year.

“We are in (Concacaf Nations League) A and we have maintained our position in the (tournament) so anything we get now – we are going to play with our hearts – will be a bonus for us,” Eve told TT Football Association (TTFA) media during his team’s first session in Austin on Tuesday.

“The opportunity to play in the Copa America is a massive bonus for us so we are not going to take these games lightly at all. We want to go and put our best foot forward.”

Eve says T&T’s upcoming CNL matches present the perfect opportunity for the country’s football growth and development.

“I don’t think a lot of people back home understand the importance of these games fully and what they mean for us. If we can get by these games and qualify for the Copa America, it will bring so much to football for our country.

“It is a step forward towards where we want to be and where the country wants to be competing at the highest level all the time in Concacaf and world football.”

In the most recent meeting between the teams, the US stormed to a thumping 6-0 triumph in a group stage match at the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup in July.

Eve says the Soca Warriors are on a mission to right the wrongs from the Gold Cup.

“We are still feeling the pain from the 6-0 drubbing we got from the US in the Gold Cup. We want to correct that also. The boys are really motivated for that not to happen to us again. I was reading something today and the stats were overwhelmingly against us in the series against America. As I said before, we are motivated and we are going to go out there and work very hard.”

With T&T playing in the CNL knockout stages for the first time, Eve acknowledged the magnitude of the task ahead.

“These are uncharted waters for us. Also, I think we are playing the tenth ranked team in the world and we are way down the pecking order. We are in a rebuilding stage as I have said before and the rebuilding is going a lot faster than expected.”

The US are Concacaf’s highest-ranked team on the Fifa rankings at 11th.The 12th-ranked Mexico are the next best Concacaf team. TT are the 11th best team in Concacaf and are ranked 99th by Fifa.

“We have pride and we will represent our country in the right way. We know it is a mammoth task but we really want to go out and compete with the US in this series.”

Eve’s full complement of 23 players were involved in Tuesday’s session, with the manager saying everyone is in good spirits. Eve said the conditions in Austin were “nippy,” but he said they would not be unbearable to play in.

On Thursday night, the Warriors, who finished second in their CNL group behind Panama, will test their mettle and progress against Concacaf’s best team and the reigning CNL champions.

The Italian Serie A duo of Christian Pulisic and Timothy Weah have both been ruled out of the quarter-final tie for the US with hamstring injuries.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2023, 03:44:48 PM »
Hope you guys don't come down on the lads tonight when the USA rain down goals on them. You already seen Angus submitting his excuse in advance, saying how the lads are out of season.

Coming to think of it, I've never heard this coach talking optimistic before any match he's over saw, and I doubt it's coaching strategy.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2023, 05:42:21 PM »
Pull. It can be done. QRC just beat Fatima 2-1. The same QRC that got  6 or 8 from Fatima about 4 weeks ago.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2023, 05:44:14 PM »
Any links to the the game tonight.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2023, 07:12:14 PM »
Ahead of USMNT showdown, Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Angus Eve is doing things his way
By Jon Arnold (getconcacafed.substack.com)

“I felt that the team hit a rock wall and that they would’ve needed massive change at the time,” he told me in a phone call last week.

“Coming out of the Gold Cup, I was so disappointed with a number of things that happened in that tournament that I wouldn’t disclose here now, but going through that process I felt deeply that - my contract was up - and probably I should move on and do something else.”

The head of the normalization committee currently running the Trinidad and Tobago FA approached Eve and convinced him he shouldn’t leave because of two poor results in the Gold Cup. They worked out an extension, with the committee backing the former defender, and the 51-year-old returned to work.

Time for hadad to ride out
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2023, 07:19:19 PM »
Starting 11

Denzil Smith

Defenders:
Aubrey David, 'Shannon Gomez , Justin Garcia ,Alvin Jones , Andre Raymond

Midfielders:
 Daniel Phillips  Noah Powder , Andre Rampersad,

Forwards:
 Malcolm Shaw Ryan Telfer

Coach:

Angus Eve.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2023, 07:24:39 PM »
Levi on the bench. Wonder why?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2023, 07:45:42 PM »
Aubrey David – Trinidad and Tobago need to 'tough it out' against US
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday)

Soca Warriors captain Aubrey David says T&T need to "tough it out" against the US if they are to get a favourable result in the first leg of their Concacaf Nations League A quarter-final tie in Texas on Thursday night.

T&T meet the defending champions from 10 pm T&T time, with the return leg scheduled for 8 pm on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo. With the winner of the home-and-away tie booking an automatic spot in the 2024 Copa America tournament, David says his team needs to seize the moment and "stay united."

"We are two games away from entering a Copa America tournament which is one of the biggest things for us," David told T&T Football Association (TTFA) media. "We are focused and the guys are responding well. The guys are ready for the encounter.

"It is no secret (the US) have top-class players. That does not deter us from going and getting a result also. We need to go and stick to the game plan and tough it out and see if we can get the win."

The US got a thumping 6-0 win over T&T in the group stages of the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup. David, 33, says T&T will need to have tactical discipline to keep the US at bay.

"I think we achieved the mission which was to get back to playing these caliber of games. If we can get a (draw), that will leave us playing for everything for 90 minutes in T&T. With good support from the crowd, I think we can finish the job there."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 16, 2023, 08:00:46 PM »
Soca Warrior coach Angus Eve: 'We want to be in Copa 2024'
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday)

Trinidad and Tobago men’s football team coach Angus Eve says qualifying for the 2024 CONMEBOL Copa America tournament has the potential to change the football landscape in the country.

On Thursday and Monday, TT will lock horns with the US in a home-and-away quarter-final tie in the 2023/24 Concacaf Nations League (CNL) A cycle. The US, defending champions in the Nations League, will host the first leg from 10 pm TT timeat the Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas. TT will host the return leg at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo on Monday night.

At stake for the two teams in the CNL quarter-final is a spot in the CNL semi-final and also an automatic spot in next year’s expanded Copa tournament, which will feature six Concacaf teams. Even with a loss in the quarter-final, either TT or the US can still advance to Copa 2024 via a single-match, direct elimination play-off against one of the other losing quarter-finalists in March next year.

“We are in (Concacaf Nations League) A and we have maintained our position in the (tournament) so anything we get now – we are going to play with our hearts – will be a bonus for us,” Eve told TT Football Association (TTFA) media during his team’s first session in Austin on Tuesday.

“The opportunity to play in the Copa America is a massive bonus for us so we are not going to take these games lightly at all. We want to go and put our best foot forward.”

Eve says TT’s upcoming CNL matches present the perfect opportunity for the country’s football growth and development.

“I don’t think a lot of people back home understand the importance of these games fully and what they mean for us. If we can get by these games and qualify for the Copa America, it will bring so much to football for our country.

“It is a step forward towards where we want to be and where the country wants to be competing at the highest level all the time in Concacaf and world football.”

In the most recent meeting between the teams, the US stormed to a thumping 6-0 triumph in a group stage match at the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup in July.

Eve says the Soca Warriors are on a mission to right the wrongs from the Gold Cup.

“We are still feeling the pain from the 6-0 drubbing we got from the US in the Gold Cup. We want to correct that also. The boys are really motivated for that not to happen to us again. I was reading something today and the stats were overwhelmingly against us in the series against America. As I said before, we are motivated and we are going to go out there and work very hard.”

With TT playing in the CNL knockout stages for the first time, Eve acknowledged the magnitude of the task ahead.

“These are uncharted waters for us. Also, I think we are playing the tenth ranked team in the world and we are way down the pecking order. We are in a rebuilding stage as I have said before and the rebuilding is going a lot faster than expected.”

The US are Concacaf’s highest-ranked team on the Fifa rankings at 11th.The 12th-ranked Mexico are the next best Concacaf team. TT are the 11th best team in Concacaf and are ranked 99th by Fifa.

“We have pride and we will represent our country in the right way. We know it is a mammoth task but we really want to go out and compete with the US in this series.”

Eve’s full complement of 23 players were involved in Tuesday’s session, with the manager saying everyone is in good spirits. Eve said the conditions in Austin were “nippy,” but he said they would not be unbearable to play in.

On Thursday night, the Warriors, who finished second in their CNL group behind Panama, will test their mettle and progress against Concacaf’s best team and the reigning CNL champions.

The Italian Serie A duo of Christian Pulisic and Timothy Weah have both been ruled out of the quarter-final tie for the US with hamstring injuries.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 16, 2023, 08:22:43 PM »
I never seen us look this bad

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 16, 2023, 08:27:22 PM »
All this team have is ah structure there is no attempt to win d ball, even directly on top d box we just waiting for something to release d ball.......dangerous and when we get it d reaction is so slow that d US just easily get back into dey pressing shape
I pity the fool....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 16, 2023, 08:36:46 PM »
Is like these guys ball watching

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 16, 2023, 08:42:59 PM »
Looks like 541
          Smith
Gomez    A Jones. Aubrey. Justin Garcia Raymond
Telfer. Rampersad D Phillip powder
                             Shaw

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2023, 08:44:19 PM »
Trini, you wrong. We have looked bad. This isn’t bad. The boys are working hardagainst a very good US team and strategy. The question is, how long can they keep it up.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2023, 08:46:46 PM »
We down to 10 men now

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2023, 08:47:34 PM »
Now that was foolish from Powder. Dammit.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 16, 2023, 08:50:37 PM »
What allyuh think about the 2nd yellow, did he make contact with the ball?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 16, 2023, 08:51:15 PM »
Eve giving some antics they man

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 16, 2023, 08:54:29 PM »
Trini, you wrong. We have looked bad. This isn’t bad. The boys are working hardagainst a very good US team and strategy. The question is, how long can they keep it up.

Working hard but unstructured ... as such, they're actually working harder than they should be

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 16, 2023, 08:57:24 PM »
What allyuh think about the 2nd yellow, did he make contact with the ball?

At a glance, player seems to have tripped himself. Can't comment as to upper body contact. Both yellows under the microscope. Although that 2nd challenge was ill-advised given the circumstances

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 16, 2023, 08:58:59 PM »
All this team have is ah structure there is no attempt to win d ball, even directly on top d box we just waiting for something to release d ball.......dangerous and when we get it d reaction is so slow that d US just easily get back into dey pressing shape

Shape, not structure

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 16, 2023, 08:59:55 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 16, 2023, 09:01:06 PM »
Peong, to me it looked like he made contact with the ball but I knew the ref was going to give that 2nd yellow after how he gave the first one on a soft call. The first one reminded me of the red Rashford got in CL last week.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 09:09:06 PM by soccerman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 16, 2023, 09:03:00 PM »
Levi on the bench. Wonder why?

You've seen this movie before. Hold them to 0-0, then release de guns. AE has explained this approach time and time again. Perhaps, he also factored in how it would work having conceded a red card.  :)

1]; } ?>