April 27, 2024, 11:34:22 AM

Author Topic: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread  (Read 37148 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Re: 2022/23 Concacaf Nations League Thread
« Reply #390 on: November 16, 2023, 09:05:57 PM »
All that matters is the score, so they are doing well
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 16, 2023, 09:11:41 PM »
All that matters is the score, so they are doing well

Highly disputable. Particularly since we are playing -1 having been suffering in situations in which there was always +1 and then +2 situations for the opponent. So the challenge in the 2H is not to maintain the status quo.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 09:14:22 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 16, 2023, 09:13:04 PM »
It was a shit tackle, contact with ball or not. You on yellow, the attacker no where near your goal, shim he not even an attacker, he only in possession. Everyone of your players between he and the goal, you pelt blade ? Cheups, doh come back.

Quote: Trini, you wrong. We have looked bad. This isn’t bad. The boys are working hardagainst a very good US team and strategy. The question is, how long can they keep it up.

Working hard but unstructured ... as such, they're actually working harder than they should be

Totally agree seeker. The structure is a obvious reason why, every time our forward receive the ball, there is 3 players on him, and all passing lanes covered.  They do that so well.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 16, 2023, 09:14:37 PM »
any links all mine stop working
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 16, 2023, 09:24:57 PM »
It was a shit tackle, contact with ball or not. You on yellow, the attacker no where near your goal, shim he not even an attacker, he only in possession. Everyone of your players between he and the goal, you pelt blade ? Cheups, doh come back.

Quote: Trini, you wrong. We have looked bad. This isn’t bad. The boys are working hardagainst a very good US team and strategy. The question is, how long can they keep it up.

Working hard but unstructured ... as such, they're actually working harder than they should be

Totally agree seeker. The structure is a obvious reason why, every time our forward receive the ball, there is 3 players on him, and all passing lanes covered.  They do that so well.

Especially knowing yuh on a possible red. And everything else you stated.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 16, 2023, 09:34:38 PM »
Two spot on subs by the US. He really took off Ramps? Well, well, well.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 16, 2023, 09:39:01 PM »
any links all mine stop working

rivofutboltv.xyz/79/5.php

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 16, 2023, 09:49:34 PM »
Hackshaw on transition is an exercise in futility. So ah not sure how that adding up. With Garcia in the game, presumably transition shot up in importance! SMH

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 16, 2023, 10:00:03 PM »
I guess was just a matter of time, as was quite evident.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 16, 2023, 10:02:33 PM »

Well, if your tactics play into US hands and feet,  YEAH!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2023, 10:04:19 PM »
wow is not so much d score as is d time intervals was away hence d shock
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2023, 10:06:36 PM »
Quote from: maxg on Today at 10:00:03 PM

Well, if your tactics play into US hands and feet,  YEAH!

trowing 'round dat word lil too loosely in relation to Eve eh........jus saying
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2023, 10:11:12 PM »
You think he learn ‘Keep away football drill’ is not a game Tactic.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2023, 10:13:53 PM »
Neveal Hackshaw might be a decent player but to slow for the today's game. He is shit, Eve is a dunce.

Team played good even though they lost. They just unfit.

The TTFA need to give these guys more prep games, they unfit.

To many high balls, Eve have them playing like de 80s, defence to attack and ignoring de midfield.

You have two strikers on de field and playing one (Telfer) deep, why?

These pussies lost to the worst US team ever.

Eve waste Alvin Jones in this game and keep him to deepth for de entire game.

Powder is a fighter but a clown knowning he was on a yellow.

Gomez, Raymond and Justin Garcia was impressive but over worked.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2023, 10:27:37 PM »
We needed that nil nil draw badly but with 10 men it was not going to happen,so close but a 50% improvement to the last 6 we got from them.Hope we do better in Trinidad.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2023, 10:28:26 PM »
Waaays...the faithful still here boy. Good to see that...
Two islands are better than one.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2023, 11:02:45 PM »
That effort draws Canada. Just saying

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2023, 11:47:53 PM »
So tired losing against the US, especially when I know we can do way better
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 17, 2023, 12:32:09 AM »
So tired losing against the US, especially when I know we can do way better
you’re telling me! and you would think that those idiots in port of Spain would have come up with a solution after 30 or more years of losing to these people, who play football/ soccer as a fifth place sport behind baseball, basket ball, football and ice hockey.

The reality is that you can’t have a “professional league” only running for 4 months out of the calendar year, with limited spectators, poor pitches, menial sponsorship, no developmental programs on a club level, just piss poor strategy all around,

and the real furkun knife twister is the dum dum football fraternity, the abject piss poor thinkers who have the power and the votes to make a difference, but instead fail football at every end with their petty childish idiotic hang ups.

If trinis had any love for that country, any pride in themselves and their nation and wanted better for their home land, then they would have got up off their asses two decades ago, put their silly differences aside and busted their buns….and not just for sports, but for every aspect of life, including safety and security.

the professional class has been failing that country since 1962 when the British walked away and left these thirsty hungry greedy corrupt people in charge of a beautiful country, a lush green wonderland surrounded by blue warm waters which they turned into a den of thieves. that’s why we would never beat the usa in anything.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 12:36:14 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 17, 2023, 12:45:28 AM »
Giving up three goals after 80 minutes of struggle is ridiculous. I Could understand one or maybe two, but three? i often wonder why these people so weak? Jamaica would have never done that. We trinis have no heart, absolutely zero bad mind in sports.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2023, 05:38:59 AM »
We often express concerns about the quality of football players in Trinidad as we lack the necessary support. The coach and staff try to have a complete team of players but fall short in recruiting. Players like Hashaw are not fit to play World Cup games. He is overweight and not quick on his feet.  :(

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 17, 2023, 06:00:51 AM »
I was proud of the effort considering it was mostly with 10 men. The US has millions more in population and billions more to spend on football and believe me they spend every cent towards development.

I met two men from North Carolina who started a non profit club and with donations and sponsorship built a training facility and stadium that beats every facility I’ve seen in Trinidad. Two random guys with an idea generated more funding than our government and local sponsors could. That’s the difference in how football is funded abroad vs home and you see it on the pitch.

Our players fought hard last night and the coach played with a plan that is commonly used around the world. It was 10 minutes short of being highly successful. Give the boys and coaches some credit.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 17, 2023, 06:24:35 AM »
We are now at the point where we cannot even compete with the usa 11 v 11.This is very worrisome.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 17, 2023, 06:27:48 AM »
With 10 men it will always be a struggle. lilDamo got it right. They Fought hard- What a Pity they could not Have held on for a Draw' Congrats on the Fight.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 17, 2023, 08:10:22 AM »
I was proud of the effort considering it was mostly with 10 men. The US has millions more in population and billions more to spend on football and believe me they spend every cent towards development.

I met two men from North Carolina who started a non profit club and with donations and sponsorship built a training facility and stadium that beats every facility I’ve seen in Trinidad. Two random guys with an idea generated more funding than our government and local sponsors could. That’s the difference in how football is funded abroad vs home and you see it on the pitch.

Our players fought hard last night and the coach played with a plan that is commonly used around the world. It was 10 minutes short of being highly successful. Give the boys and coaches some credit.

What's used around the world is one thing. What should be used on the international stage against an elite opponent is another thing. Moreover, iz not "that plan" but variations of it. Chasing the player in possession is a plan?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 17, 2023, 08:11:28 AM »
We are now at the point where we cannot even compete with the usa 11 v 11.This is very worrisome.

Like yuh missed a few episodes. ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 17, 2023, 09:03:27 AM »
Yes we ceded possession everywhere on the pitch, that is Eve's preferred tactic this rounds. I accustomed by now.
Sad to see but the entire game was played in our half.

I thought we did well after we settled.  The US were stacking up players on the flanks, wing backs and mids interchanging. I guess that's why Telfer was pinned back, to help Shannon G.
Plenty high crosses from wide which I prefer, we dealt with those well. Is them low square balls into the box and tricky play through the middle that we struggle with.

Shannon and Raymond did very well I thought, they worked hard and got in their share of blocks and tackles.  Dest try to spanner Raymond and he wasn't having it.
Rampy and Phillips were able to cut out quite a few midfield passes and look to spring the play forward.
That was where we could have used more quality last night, our counterrattacks fizzled, Shaw was outnumbered every time he got it.  Is only at the end we managed to put something together with Levi.
He and all wasted a couple precious passes to the front line.

Denzil Smith is good, amazing save to his left in the first half and good hands throughout. The second and third goals took slight deflections, although I was disappointed he didn't save from Reyna at the near post.
Lucky ting Hackshaw wasn't on at the start becuz he woulda been roasted early on.

Noah Powder was working hard but oh god boy, a rush of blood to the head and we down to 10 men.
Allyuh see Levi drift right through Dest like he wasn't there?  Man is a boss, he can play in any league.

I eh really like the reffing.  In my book Powder did not deserve the first yellow. There was no intent whatsoever, he never saw McKennie as he spun trying to shield and get out of a tight space. Also McKennie shoulda gotten a yellow for pulling back one of our players when we tried to attack. I thought that was a textbook yellow.
When Aubrey and the american went down hurt, I thought Aubrey missed the ball and fouled the guy, no call.
Early on Shaw was taken down a few times and got no call, there were no replays but they looked like fouls to me.
I thankful for VAR intervention on the penalty call.
Will there be VAR in the Hasely?

Honestly the us played shitty. Sorry we couldn't make something of it.

24 shots to 1
76 % possession to 24%

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #417 on: November 17, 2023, 09:12:30 AM »
Eve and Hadad need to go... unacceptable...

Eve style of play is straight from the early 90s  :D

I won't even comment on his tatical changes and selection..

We will never make the WC under this man..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 17, 2023, 09:45:21 AM »
In all fairness, something Eve doing is working to a certain degree. His style is unorthodox. I don't agree with it. But we played with less men and got 3. It could have been worse.

Copa 2024 is being held where? You think the organizers would take the chance of the US missing out on Copa in their own backyard?

The first yellow on Powder, was not a yellow. Second was a yellow for sure.

I think we might get Costa Rica in the playoff. If Jamaica wins, we might get Canada.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 17, 2023, 09:48:23 AM »
gawd on pitch he did nothing new the game .. This how we always play

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VAyQD8gYjBM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VAyQD8gYjBM</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>