March 19, 2024, 02:42:18 AM

Author Topic: 2022 Concacaf Women's Championship Thread  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Concacaf Women's Championship Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2022, 06:08:31 PM »
So...where to start....so not wanting to sound overly critical...this team was underprepared. The team has talent but a decent coach would have focused and emphasized on the small things and making sure that they are done consistently well... mind you, the intent is not to make this team into a world cup winning team, light years away from that, but into a decent team that can compete well on the international level.

Like most TT teams,.this team was underprepared.
Deeks, apart from being under prepared, the team is lacking in adequately skilled players.

We all knew that for a while now. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2022, 01:23:30 AM »

I cam here this morning to read the usual excuses and lame assessments from the same posters in here after another humiliating defeat.

KJ post match comments have become predictable

Again the team play shiiiittt and the coach we can see has no clue what he is doing.

We like it so https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/posts/pfbid0TA1qABzncZH9J9MdrgtW4AyG4xtkhC42RVBrPv2QtCwwQR5D3jV4mhn2vLHqNivwl

Yuh sure dahis why yuh came here? Or, was it to post a link to the other place?

Yeah boy ah surree ..ah sure to come back and read you defending more shiit coaching from KJ after next game. Ah sure about that and hopefully the next place have a link about that too

Regardless of who is coaching, regardless of level of play or gender, you CONSISTENTLY pop up days before a match to predict that the football is going to be shambolic and then you reappear after to gloat about it being shambolic and to berate the optimists. We KNOW your playbook. Your playbook doesn't require any critical thinking; it only requires being critical. Which one do you suppose is more challenging?

If you think KJ got EVERYTHING wrong, run with that. More balanced and accurate assessments - supported by the evidence - suggest he got some to several things incorrect. Those positions are hardly a defense of the coach. Of course, one would have to be THINKING critically to distinguish similar from same.

It's easy to say it's shitty, much more challenging to articulate why.

But you might be cutting-edge on one thing ---- SIMILARLY, a coach may see or identify an issue on the field, but he or she may not know how to resolve it during the course of the match.

You always have the option of posting the links without tripping over your agenda. Or, you could tack back to your other shameful modus operandi of disrespecting the elders in the game.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 01:42:17 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2022, 06:16:13 AM »
At this moment no team in TT, national, club, male, female is in the position to challenge regional competition far less international competition. We DON't have the talent. As far as coaching is concern, I don't see the situation changing. Who or which coach from abroad will come here when the NC can't even raise money for the national teams PROPER preparations. All of us know that our teams need a longer time to prepare. That is just the friggin fact. Playing Guyana one or two games will not suffice. All the coaching tactics and knowledge you all talking about is rendered null unless when get sufficient time to work with our teams.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 06:18:48 AM by Deeks »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2022, 08:58:17 AM »
I was secretly hoping that all 3 Caribbean teams would make it to the WC. Somehow, I believe this is still possible.

The situation in Group A is encouraging. With a tie both Haiti and Jamaica will move on, one directly to the WC and the other to the playoffs. Even a Jamaica victory is likely to result in both Caribbean teams moving on. With a Haiti victory, there is a slight chance that Mexico may steal the 3rd position, although unlikely considering that Mexico would have to beat USA. Mission nearly impossible.

The situation is more straightforward in Group B. Trinidad has to beat Panama. That's that! Can this happen? Based on the way both teams have played against the same opponents, Panama clearly has the edge. The Canaleras have been outgunned but they remained competitive generating many opportunities of their own. Panama has not yet scored but they show that they can. Their defense was phenomenal versus Canada.

For Trinidad, there is still a bit of mystery around the team. We know nothing of what the team can do when shifted to attacking mode. Unlike Panama which tried to win its games, Trinidad did not commit to any real attempts to score. It has been all defensive play,  so far. Did KJ know all efforts versus Canada and Costa Rica would be futile and that he needed to focus on this last game? Will there be a surprise tomorrow? Let's hope so.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 09:05:38 AM by Toussaint »
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2022, 09:32:14 AM »
By the way, what happened to Alexcia Ali who played for the U20 in 2020? Small but she showed some great skills as a midfielder, a position I think the Trini team may need help with.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2022, 10:32:17 AM »
By the way, what happened to Alexcia Ali who played for the U20 in 2020? Small but she showed some great skills as a midfielder, a position I think the Trini team may need help with.
The coach's in T&T build there football on power and strength so the technically best players like Alexcia Ali and others are pushed to the side for power strength and athleticism.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2022, 10:47:51 AM »
Looking at the game the 4 nil score line was flattering for Costa Rica 3  of the goals was off deflections the referee was poor and to be down by 10 players they held on pretty well Panama is beatable but without  a #10 I don't see how they will do it unless they planning on set plays or some type of scramble football to over power Panama in the box.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2022, 11:13:01 AM »
Recent media reports regarding Ali suggest she wasn't fit. If she wasn't fit for the Ascension tournament, she would be a poor contributor on the NT stage. That stated, that doesn't mean that's why she wasn't selected.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:14:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2022, 03:03:49 PM »
Jones questions Women Warriors' drive following 4-0 defeat
By Jelani Peters (T&T Newsday)

HEAD coach of the Trinidad and Tobago senior women’s football team Kenwyne Jones is questioning some of his players' drive to succeed after a 4-0 defeat to Costa Rica in Group B of the 2022 Concacaf Women’s Championships in Mexico, on Friday.

The defeat was T&T’s second on the trot in the tournament after falling 6-0 to Canada.

The top teams in each of the two groups in the Concacaf Championships will qualify for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. The third-placed teams from each group will advance to the inter-confederation play-offs which will give teams another chance of qualifying for the World Cup.

T&T’s best chance of staying in contention for the 2023 World Cup is finishing third in Group B by defeating Panama on Monday.

Two of the goals T&T conceded against Costa Rica may be considered unlucky as Lauryn Hutchinson scored an own goal in the 33rd minute and in the 44th minute Cristin Granado’s strike got a deflection off TT defender Victoria Swift.

“Unfortunately in this game, you make your own luck. The fact is we just weren’t good enough today,” Jones said.

He asked some of his players to show more commitment. “I am disappointed because I think we are better than that. I know we are better than that and it is becoming repetitive that we are having these lapses and lack of desire between some players sometimes and we have to figure out really and truthfully what the game means to them, what they want to achieve out of it because it seems as if that quite a few of them are just here.

“Like you said on a different day none of those bad luck goals go in, but we did not give ourselves a chance. I think it was the 23rd minute we went down to ten women. At this level, you can’t do that.”

In the 22nd minute, T&T’s Kedie Johnson got a second yellow card and was sent off.

Looking ahead, Jones said, “At this point in time we just came off the field so I am certainly disappointed, frustrated. The players at this point in time have to feel disappointed too I am sure. If they are not something is wrong. Yes we have to turn around pretty quickly (because) the next game is in a couple days time and we have to give our best for that one, but today was an opportunity for us to gain some momentum and we did not do that.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2022, 07:40:15 PM »

How much more preparation than T&T did teams Jamaica, Haiti, Panama had before this Championship? 

Ok then..

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2022, 07:42:46 PM »
 :rotfl:  Jones again with the same ole same old low energy commentary deflection of blame .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2022, 11:08:39 PM »

How much more preparation than T&T did teams Jamaica, Haiti, Panama had before this Championship? 

Ok then..

much less than them. There was no local organized  or undercover football for more than a year in TT. Rowley allowed cricket to be played in socalled bubble. Why the hell they could not do that for TT football ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 06:18:28 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2022, 06:36:54 AM »
“Unfortunately in this game, you make your own luck. The fact is we just weren’t good enough today,” Jones said.

He asked some of his players to show more commitment. “I am disappointed because I think we are better than that. I know we are better than that and it is becoming repetitive that we are having these lapses and lack of desire between some players sometimes and we have to figure out really and truthfully what the game means to them, what they want to achieve out of it because it seems as if that quite a few of them are just here.

KJ kind of contradicting himself here. "The fact is we just weren’t good enough today,” is a factor that shows they needed more time.  And the latter part where he questions some of the players desire is a bit harsh. If they lacked desire in the first place, they probably would not have made the team. They have the desire but they just lack the skills, level of stamina and fitness. That is a fact.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 06:38:51 AM by Deeks »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2022, 11:04:48 AM »
Looking at the game the 4 nil score line was flattering for Costa Rica 3  of the goals was off deflections the referee was poor and to be down by 10 players they held on pretty well Panama is beatable but without  a #10 I don't see how they will do it unless they planning on set plays or some type of scramble football to over power Panama in the box.
You must be commended for your eternal optimism.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2022, 11:07:25 AM »

KJ kind of contradicting himself here. "The fact is we just weren’t good enough today,” is a factor that shows they needed more time.  And the latter part where he questions some of the players desire is a bit harsh. If they lacked desire in the first place, they probably would not have made the team. They have the desire but they just lack the skills, level of stamina and fitness. That is a fact.
"They have the desire but they just lack the skills, level of stamina and fitness. That is a fact"............ BINGO!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2022, 11:24:03 AM »
Women Warriors in must-win Concacaf qualifier against Panama
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago must win their final Concacaf W Championships Group B match against Panama on Monday if they are remain within contention of a place at the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, which will be jointly hosted by Australia and New Zealand.

The Women Warriors take on Panama at the Estadio Universitario in San Nicolas de los Garza, Mexico and need three points to secure an inter-confederation playoff; T&T’s final chance of securing World Cup qualification.

T&T lost their opening two group B matches against Olympic champions Canada 6-0 and Costa Rica 4-0. Their failure to finish among the top two in the group saw them miss out on automatic World Cup qualification.

They now sit in cellar position and are yet to notch a point at the Concacaf tourney. Panama are also winless. However, a third place finish for either team in the group will affirm an inter-confederation playoff for the World Cup.

Panama though, are currently third having conceded less goals against Canada and Costa Rica compared to T&T.

It’s all to play for, said T&T women’s coach Kenwyne Jones in Sunday’s pre-match press conference.

“The game against Panama should be exciting. Both teams have a lot to play for, the chance to get into the playoffs next year. I think there might be some different tactical options happening but we look forward to the game.”

Experienced player Victoria Swift shared similar sentiments and pointed out that the team must give their all at the final hurdle.

The central defender said, “It’s going to be an exciting match, a must-win, in order for us to still have a chance to qualify. I think of us as a unit and a team, we’re excited and ready to work hard against Panama to get that victory.”

The last time both nations met was in October last year for two international friendlies. Both matches ended in drawn results (0-0 and 1-1).

Swift said their prior results against Panama were disappointing but they now have a chance to make amends, and hold on to a final opportunity securing a World Cup berth.

“We’ve had the opportunity to dust ourselves off and focus on the Panama game going forward. Even though we played them two times, we still have to gout there and play hard, play our hearts out to get that victory.

“It’s a learning experience for a lot of the younger players who have not been able to play on such a big stage. Going forward into this match, the mood is very positive and I think at this point all the players are on the same page,” Swift added.

Jones told reporters he is surprised the team is not delivering what he sees in practice, during competition. He deemed it a “mental problem” with some players.

“I’ve never put pressure on the team for results. It was always based on performance and that is something I will continue to do until the team gets to the time where we can look forward to guaranteeing or have the belief that we’re going to win games outright.

“But now it’s based on performance only and doing the things that we are good at and bring it to the game. Hopefully that starts (on Monday). I do think that improvement happens all the time,” he said.

The former national men’s team skipper continued, “You don’t see results of improvement right away sometimes. And I know we’re in a tournament that, of course, we want results to happen so we can get on to the next stage which would help in us being able to continue improving.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2022, 05:40:26 PM »
The paint is drying.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2022, 05:47:21 PM »
1-0 Panama at 45 mins
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 05:50:14 PM by Deeks »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2022, 09:29:30 PM »
Bunny is the real deal Bunny Shaw ......... Jamaica back to back WCQ 3-0 now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2022, 09:36:03 PM »
BTW our women's team eh win a game for  the year ... :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2022, 10:00:28 PM »
Congrats to Jamaica beating Haiti 4-0 to grab the automatic berth. The difference tonight? Better coaching staff. The Ja coach correctly identified Haiti’s weaknesses and exploited them! A real beating. Luckily Mexico failed to beat USA. For a momen, the Play-off was at their reach.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2022, 10:17:04 PM »
Not even the blind squirrel could feed itself tonight. Unmitigated disaster. Set up the Commission of Inquiry.

Football played by women in T&T has come off life support and not for the better.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:20:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2022, 12:03:16 AM »
Today T&T try to play the ball out of the back but you can see these players is use to boom kick football the game was pretty even had they had a player like David Nakhid's niece pulling the strings they would have had a better chance of winning the game instead of playing backs and forwards.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2022, 01:58:13 AM »
Pls. KJ is not a coach. He still needs to learn more about coaching. I look at the women's games, which are not good—a demonstration of abysmal coaching.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2022, 05:10:24 AM »
This team always had trouble going forward only one shot on goal ...

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2022, 09:23:51 AM »
  Like  year before when I flew in to see the games at  Halsey Crawford stadium; that was the closest we ever came to qualifying ( American Coach back then...).   I was going to fly down to Mexico to take in these games and provide support- good thing  I  just  spent time camping and  got the same smell from the  outhouse/ latrine  without having to spend all dat money.
 next year....... next time... same sh.... t different pile

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2022, 12:22:10 PM »
Simply our coaches don't have a bloody clue,that is now plain to see.KJ mentions nothing about our technical deficiencies he has a way of avoiding blame saying "we are better than that",Mr Jones you are not good enough and so is this team,people shouldn't be ashamed to say they are rubbish.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »
Dream over, Women Warriors go under 1-0 to Panama
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

COACH KENWYNE JONES got more of the desired effort he asked of his players. But it still was not enough.

Trinidad and Tobago’s women’s football team’s qualification campaign for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup ended with their third defeat at the 2022 CONCACAF Women’s Championship, last night, in Mexico.

The Women Warriors went down 1-0 to Panama, after giving their best attacking show of the tournament. Jones’ squad still had a few of the recurring defensive lapses, and they went unpunished until approaching half-time when Panama scored the only item of the game, through midfielder Marta Cox (43’), the Central American’s most potent player.

T&T had 50 per cent first-half possession, but even so, failed to create enough goal-scoring opportunities, against a Panama team which only needed to draw the match.

T&T had the first salvo in the 17th minute, with Karyn Forbes free-kick appeared set to enter the top corner until goalkeeper Yenith Bailey seemed to pluck the ball out of the net.

Another Forbes run up the right flank also resulted in a low cross towards the first post, but under pressure and at a tight angle, Maria-Frances Serrant did not know what to do with the ball and turned it outside. Serrant was also the focus of a couple of attacks as the Women Warriors tried to penetrate up the right flank, but Serrant either failed to pick out a teammate or delayed too long and lost the initiative.

Panama looked to take control early in the second half, prompting changes from Jones. Asha James and Jolie St Louis coming in to refresh the midfield. Despite the changes, however, it all looked very predictable and regimented.

The players tried to play the Kenwyne Jones way, by stroking the ball around, but with few individual moments of inspiration except those coming from Liana Hinds, Rhea Belgrave when pushing into the midfield, and the hard working Brianna Austin up front.

The T&T defence, comprising the back four and goalkeeper Kimika Forbes, again held their own. But up front, Jones’ charges failed to score a single goal in the tournament. Truth be told, at this stage, Trinidad and Tobago were simply not good enough and elimination at CONCACAF probably only served to avoid likely further embarrassment for the Women Warriors were they to face African, European and even South American teams in the final playoff tournament, which Panama will now contest in New Zealand next February.

A good few minutes before it ended, Jones had already seen the writing on the wall and he decided to give a couple of players their first run in the tournament.

TEAMS

Trinidad and Tobago (4-3-3): 1.Kimika Forbes (GK), 3.Shadi Cecily Stoute, 4.Rhea Belgrave, 8.Victoria Swift, 2.Chelsi Jadoo (23.Sarah De Gannes 88); 14.Karyn Forbes (captain), 7.Liana Hinds, 13.Amaya Ellis (10.Asha James 64); 9.Brianna Austin (16.Cayla Mc Farlane 88), 18.Maria-Frances Serrant (17.Jolie St Louis 77), 11.Raenah Campbell (15.Tori Paul 72).

Unused substitutes: 21.Tenesha Palmer (GK), 22.K’lil Keshwar (GK), 5.Shaunalee Govia, 12.Chelcy Ralph, 19.Maya Matouk, 20.Lauryn Hutchinson.

Coach: Kenwyne Jones

Panama (3-4-3): 12.Yenith Bailey (GK); 5.Yomira Pinzón, 14.Yerenis De León, 13.Wendy Natis; 3.Carina Baltrip (23.Rosaria Vargas 73), 6.Deysire Salazar, 8.Laura Batista (captain) (19.Lineth Cedeño 35), 2.Hilary Jaén; 10.Marta Cox (vice-captain), 9.Karla Riley (17.Gabriela Villagrand 73), 20.Schiandra Gonzales.

Unused substitutes: 1.Sasha Fabrega (GK), 22.Nadia Ducreux (GK), 7.Kenia Rangel, 11.Shayari Camarena, 15.Maria Guevara, 16.Rebeca Espinosa, 18.Erika Hernandez, 21.Whitney De Obaldia.

Coach: Ignacio Quintana

Referee: Astrid Gramajo (Guatemala)

VAR: Carol Anne Chenard (Canada)

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2022, 05:52:28 AM »
Pls. KJ is not a coach. He still needs to learn more about coaching. I look at the women's games, which are not good—a demonstration of abysmal coaching.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2022, 08:08:59 AM »
  When will we show support for those who  continue to make efforts to share what they have learned back to our shores? Yes sadly a prophet is never honoured in their own country- Witness all the former glory players who have amassed vast international experience and played under a variety of coaches.
Given the opportunity to come home and coached,  we have continued to make them sacrificial lambs in the slaughter house of TnT football_
tried in vain list: Corneal , Lawrence, Latapy, John, Hart, now we jumping on Jones and Edwards- to name a few.
these are players who have proven their worth over time- represented TnT . could we not provide support to let them prove over time what a winning program could look like?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 08:16:52 AM by ABTrini »

1]; } ?>