March 28, 2024, 02:41:58 AM

Author Topic: Scouting for Soca Warriors, the Thread.  (Read 52321 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Scouting for Soca Warriors, the Thread.
« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2021, 12:14:11 PM »
Any idea if Luke Joyce-Dwarika has any links to us?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kieran Ngwenya Aberdeen FC
« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2021, 10:51:14 AM »
Born in Glasgow, raised in Edinburgh, nurtured in Aberdeen and now training in Blantyre.

For Kieran Ngwenya, there’s no doubt which country he calls home.

But the young Aberdeen defender got a taste of his family history last week after being picked for the Malawi national squad and joining them in Blantyre – one of the African country’s biggest cities.

Malawi is the birthplace of his father Bryne who is the Head of School in GeoSciences at Edinburgh University.

As well as Scotland and Malawi, the 18-year-old also qualifies for Trinidad and Tobago through mum Annette who moved here to study medicine.

And if Ngwenya continues the progress that has already taken him into the Dons’ first-team, he might have a tough choice in future when it comes to which country he plays for.

record sport logo.jpg

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kieran Ngwenya Aberdeen FC
« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2021, 01:43:38 PM »
Must be a sign of the times when a player opts to play for the lower ranked team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2021, 03:06:54 PM »
Doh rub the salt in  nah asylum is just a friendly  we just need to make contact...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2021, 03:10:39 PM »
Doh rub the salt in  nah asylum is just a friendly  we just need to make contact...
make contact for what? angus wouldn’t care if he’s playing for chelsea as a starter, angus only want born and bred trinis in that squad.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2021, 03:13:22 PM »

Maybe his paperwork is a crumpled ball on the floor somewhere in a TTFA back office next to club compliance documents and the TTFA's passport acquisition and visa procurement protocols.

Probably was tossed there after the decision to not field an Olympic team, for which he would glaringly have been eligible.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:17:58 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2021, 11:51:16 PM »
That's a big loss honestly, he's got potential.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2021, 01:38:01 AM »
so does reon moor and Judah garcia. ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2021, 03:15:53 AM »
 :frustrated:

Might be more complicated than is recognized. We could launch a charm offensive after understanding the lay of the land.

And by "we" I don't mean the generals in the air-conditioned offices, but the foot soldiers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 03:19:51 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »
so does reon moor and Judah garcia. ;D

More options are better options... especially with our recent record

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2021, 10:30:22 PM »
If his father was Trini, I would say we had a chance. His father is not.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2021, 10:34:59 AM »
What if mom's is more convincing? Beleive it or not, I think T&T has a shot if we learn to recruit players properly. It's all about strategy and making the player and his family feel embraced. Make him feel like he's going to be part of something special and has a strong chance to earn a spot to turn our program around. Show them direction and projectry of the program in the next 3-5 years and the part he can play if he accepts the challenge. If he's isn't selected for Scotland, this is not far fetched we just need some tact in recruiting.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2021, 01:14:43 PM »

I know what you mean.. But isnt Frenderup mom Trini?

I think it has more to do with who ever else calls him up. If Scotland calls him up, no way he choosing Trinidad over Scotland. If Malawi calls him up, and the only other option is Trinidad, he may choose Trinidad.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2022, 08:59:04 PM »
https://sofifa.com/squad/459399

I see someone build a squad for us on fifa 22

Nile John mid / GK Austin Tottenham
RB Henry Lawrence and CD levi Colwill chelsea fc
Shayon Adam Harrison
Jonathan Hooper
Dion perira

Jacob Greene rb (dc united)

I know  jacob greene  is eligible .. what about the others now hmmm  any accuracy? 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 06:26:12 PM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2022, 10:15:17 AM »
DANNY IMRAY RETURNS ON LOAN
BY ANDREW HAINES

https://www.chelmsfordcityfc.com/news/danny-imray-returns-on-loan-2679497.html
31 JANUARY
Share via
Facebook
Twitter
https://www.chelmsfordcityfc.c

COPY
Chelmsford City is delighted to reveal that Danny Imray has returned to the Club on loan from Crystal Palace for the rest of this season.
In February 2021, the young defender departed the EMG Inspire Stadium and joined the Eagles for an undisclosed fee.

The 18-year-old made his first appearance in a matchday squad for City in Robbie Simpson’s first game in charge of the Clarets, the away tie against Dulwich Hamlet in February 2020.

Three days later Imray then made his debut, starting against Concord Rangers in the BBC Essex Senior Cup as a 16-year-old.

Overall, Danny made 21 first-team appearances for City before moving to Selhurst Park.

Since signing for Palace, Imray has featured in the Premier League side’s Under-23s, working with Shaun Derry.

On his Chelmsford return, Imray said: “I’ve been speaking to Simmo quite a lot and we talked about me maybe coming back in January.

“I’ve had other National League and National League South sides asking about if I want to go on loan to them, but my preference was to go back to Chelmsford because I couldn’t really turn down working with Simmo again because he gets the best out of me.

“He knows how I play, and he knows what to expect from me, so I feel like I can just get straight into it here.”

Since leaving, the youngster has kept up on the Clarets’ fortunes, whilst working on his own development with the Eagles.

“It’s been tough with injuries, obviously I had an injury about four games into my career at Palace,” he explained.

“So, it’s been tough mentally and physically, but I feel like since I was at Chelmsford, I’ve come on massively since I’ve been playing full time.

“I’m learning every day and having a ball at my feet every day – there’s nothing better than it.

“I feel like I can bring a lot back to Chelmsford and show the fans how I’ve progressed and help the team get to where they want to get to.

“I want to get some minutes under my belt and get some experience coming back to Chelmsford, and I want to try and bring as much as I can to the team.

“I’m sure the team wants to be higher up in the league, but I think Chelmsford has only lost once in the last nine, so all the rewards are coming now and everyone’s seeing how good Simmo is with the players and I’m sure we’ll get to where we want to get to by the end of the season.”

When discussing Danny’s return, the Clarets’ Manager commented: “Danny went to Palace and he was an instant hit.

“He was soon training with Roy Hodgson in the first team, and I know Roy really liked him.

“I had a few really good friends that were in Palace’s first team at the time, and they were telling me how well Danny was doing.

“Then, unfortunately, he got a really bad injury and that put him out for the rest of the season, but Danny came back strong in pre-season and was going really well.

“He was all set to be part of Vieira’s pre-season plans and then he got Covid, since coming back he’s not had as much game time as he thought he might have done in the 23s.

“He was keen to get back playing games and getting back playing men’s football.

“I know he had other suitors in our league and potentially in the league above but having spoken to him, he sees the benefit of coming back to us.

“He absolutely loved his time here and we’ve got a really good relationship; bringing him back was a real no-brainer.

“He’s played a bit further forward for Palace Under-23s, he’s played on the wing and in the youth team with us he’s played there as well.

“So, he gives us a bit more attacking intent, he adds to our attacking options and, hopefully, a bit more creativity to create clear-cut chances.

“He’s a great kid, he loves the Club and he’s coming back to, hopefully, give us something and we can’t wait to see him in a claret shirt again.”

Welcome back to the Clarets, Danny!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2022, 11:55:30 AM »

Each coach is responsible for a station which will put players through certain drills to showcase offensive skills on Saturday and then defensive skills on Sunday. And to end the day on both days, there will be half-hour 11 v 11 games with rotations. So A versus B, then A versus C, and B versus C. Each player will have about two hours to showcase what they can do in a game setting.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2022, 11:56:55 AM »
Jonathan Godette - DC United Academy

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2022, 11:58:39 AM »
‘Angus won’t be disappointed’; NACTM director discusses Soca Warriors combine in DC.
Wired868.com.

“[…] A lot of the players who will attend are playing in college or maybe a MLS reserve team or the UPSL, which is like semi-professional football and has former college players or pro players who may have fallen off the grid due to injury or other reasons.

“[…] I don’t see Angus Eve being disappointed and saying this was a waste of my time, because we did a pre-screening…”

On 16 and 17 April 2022, the North American Caribbean Training Method (NACTM) will conduct screenings for potential Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team and Under-20 Team players in Washington, DC. The event will be attended by Soca Warriors head coach Angus Eve.

NACTM director and Disney Idea sports coach Ashton Baptiste spoke to Wired868 about the initiative:

Wired868: What can you tell us about the North American Caribbean Training Method and the combine for potential Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Under-20 and Senior Team players?

Ashton Baptiste: Well, the mission of the NACTM (North American Caribbean Training Method) is to help the whole Caribbean as a region to get stronger and, in turn, the whole of Concacaf. We are from Trinidad and Tobago and want to do our part to bring Trinidad and Tobago back to where it was in its heyday, but really we are looking out for the entire Caribbean.

(The NACTM caters, separately, for recreational, intermediate and advanced players.)

One of the things we do is we hold events and combines from time to time to give youths abroad the chance to be seen and known to Caribbean coaches. Our camps aren’t geared to any nationality in particular but caters to the Caribbean fraternity. It is a chance for talented players to say: ‘Here I am. I slipped through the cracks!’

[…] This idea was born under the [North America Talent Identification and Player Pool] scouting programme created under former TTFA president William Wallace but it was not reinstated under the [Robert Hadad-led] normalisation committee. However, we reached out to Angus Eve and he was willing to work with us.

It started off as an Under-20 camp. But Angus said since he is going to be there and he is also coach of the Senior Team, then he doesn’t mind looking at some senior players as well. However, the majority of the players will be under 20.

Wired868: How do players get a spot? Is it just a matter of paying your way?

Baptiste: Players have to fill out a registration form which shows their level of play. ECNL is the lowest we will accept, which is a national league for youths that is just below MLS Next.

The cost is US$75 (which includes training shirts). We tried to keep the cost down as much as we can because we know some of the players still have to fly in and get hotels and so on. It will be held for four hours on each day, which includes a meet and greet at the beginning, with Angus explaining who he is, a warm-up session with licensed physios, and then training stations.

Each coach is responsible for a station which will put players through certain drills to showcase offensive skills on Saturday and then defensive skills on Sunday. And to end the day on both days, there will be half-hour 11 v 11 games with rotations. So A versus B, then A versus C, and B versus C. Each player will have about two hours to showcase what they can do in a game setting.

So Angus can see the skill and tactical knowledge of the players in a small area at the training stations and during the game.

Wired868: Do you expect there to be senior grade players who show up at this trial? Is it better than what Eve would get from scouting or going through game clips?

Baptiste: A lot of the players who will attend are playing in college or maybe a MLS reserve team or the UPSL, which is like semi-professional football and has former college players or pro players who may have fallen off the grid due to injury or other reasons. It is a stepping-stone league.

I coach a UPSL team and one of my players is now in the second division in Italy. It is all about their consistency and drive to reach their goal.

What will Angus find? I can give an example. There is a player coming from Orlando, who played for DC United academy from 11 to 18, and went to Amsterdam when the pandemic hit. He left and returned home just before things shut down. His name is Jonathan Godette.

So now with things opening up, we are trying to get him back out there with an agency. But he has no current videos, so it is harder for him although he trains with me four days a week. I’d say his style is similar to Duane Muckette, only he is a bit faster.

There will be a couple of players like that. I don’t see Angus being disappointed and saying this was a waste of my time, because we did a pre-screening […] where we went through the application info and contacted coaches to talk about the players. We obviously don’t have the budget to fly around to look at all the players in person.

A few players were weeded out after speaking to their coaches. Sometimes it was about their behaviour or attitude. Sometimes we heard things like: ‘he is a good player but he likes talking back to the referee’ or ‘when the mental pressure kicks in, he starts arguing with his players,’ etc.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2022, 12:38:17 PM »
Something is telling me that Eve may surprise some by taking our football out of the doldrums,I also think he could be right in concentrating on our homegrown players.If we have from outside of TT who wants to play for us,they must show that they want to play for us at some stage in their career.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2022, 12:03:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/DJBuffonge_/status/1382615517421314049

Reminiscing about the times my mum used to have put on a Trinidadian accent when we went to Trinidad so they didnt try deal with us like tourists an over charge us #EnglishBornCaribbean
@DajBuffonge_2

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2022, 02:02:15 AM »
https://twitter.com/DJBuffonge_/status/1382615517421314049

Reminiscing about the times my mum used to have put on a Trinidadian accent when we went to Trinidad so they didnt try deal with us like tourists an over charge us #EnglishBornCaribbean
@DajBuffonge_2

Guessing the Antiguan Customs officers were more agreeable? I would say strike now when his T&T reminiscences are bubbling, but while DJ Buffonge's memory is activated it seems Angus' is deactivated regarding midfield. What does Daniel Phillips have to do to get an in-person look? Pay his own airfare for the economizing TTFA?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2022, 09:46:00 AM »
NEWCASTLE UNITED INTERESTED IN TRISTAN ABLDEEN-GOODRIDGE
http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/04/04/newcastle-united-interested-in-tristan-abldeen-goodridge/

Newcastle United have reportedly handed Aston Villa starlet Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge a trial and are interested in signing him permanently.
According to Birmingham Live, Newcastle United have taken 19-year-old Aston Villa forward Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge on a trial and intend to sign him permanently.

Abldeen-Goodridge joined the Aston Villa youth academy in 2019, arriving from AFC Wimbledon. The 19-year-old is primarily a left-sided winger who can operate on the opposite flank and through the middle on occasion.

The young attacker initially linked up with the Villans Under-18 setup and went on to make 21 appearances, in which he contributed four goals and three assists. After being promoted to the Under-23s, Abldeen-Goodridge has impressed with a return of five goals and assists each from 23 matches.

The English prospect featured 17 times in the Premier League 2 this season for Villa’s reserve team. But Abldeen-Goodridge was recently brought in on a trial basis by Newcastle United.
The Magpies, who are planning for a huge summer window bankrolled by their new owners, are also looking at strengthening their options at the academy level. And adding someone like Abldeen-Goodridge could be a shrewd move for the Tyneside outfit in the short and the long run.

With Dwight Gayle set to be axed in the summer, Newcastle United will need to bring in a new forward who can provide cover to the frontline strikers. And with reports claiming that they are also considering selling Allan Saint-Maximin, added depth in the wide areas will also become necessary for Eddie Howe’s side.

Abldeen-Goodridge could provide just that for Newcastle. The 19-year-old has shown good potential in his youth career at Aston Villa so far and can be a handy squad option for the Tyneside giants in the years to come.

The report states that Newcastle handed the Villa starlet minutes with their Under-23 side in the Premier League 2 clash against Middlesbrough last Friday. Abldeen-Goodridge played 45 minutes as the Magpies lost 4-2. As things stand, Howe’s side are keen on signing him, although a decision could hinge on how he performs in the rest of his trial spell.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2022, 07:06:24 PM »
NEWCASTLE UNITED INTERESTED IN TRISTAN ABLDEEN-GOODRIDGE
http://www.thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2022/04/04/newcastle-united-interested-in-tristan-abldeen-goodridge/

Newcastle United have reportedly handed Aston Villa starlet Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge a trial and are interested in signing him permanently.
According to Birmingham Live, Newcastle United have taken 19-year-old Aston Villa forward Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge on a trial and intend to sign him permanently.

Abldeen-Goodridge joined the Aston Villa youth academy in 2019, arriving from AFC Wimbledon. The 19-year-old is primarily a left-sided winger who can operate on the opposite flank and through the middle on occasion.

The young attacker initially linked up with the Villans Under-18 setup and went on to make 21 appearances, in which he contributed four goals and three assists. After being promoted to the Under-23s, Abldeen-Goodridge has impressed with a return of five goals and assists each from 23 matches.

The English prospect featured 17 times in the Premier League 2 this season for Villa’s reserve team. But Abldeen-Goodridge was recently brought in on a trial basis by Newcastle United.
The Magpies, who are planning for a huge summer window bankrolled by their new owners, are also looking at strengthening their options at the academy level. And adding someone like Abldeen-Goodridge could be a shrewd move for the Tyneside outfit in the short and the long run.

With Dwight Gayle set to be axed in the summer, Newcastle United will need to bring in a new forward who can provide cover to the frontline strikers. And with reports claiming that they are also considering selling Allan Saint-Maximin, added depth in the wide areas will also become necessary for Eddie Howe’s side.

Abldeen-Goodridge could provide just that for Newcastle. The 19-year-old has shown good potential in his youth career at Aston Villa so far and can be a handy squad option for the Tyneside giants in the years to come.

The report states that Newcastle handed the Villa starlet minutes with their Under-23 side in the Premier League 2 clash against Middlesbrough last Friday. Abldeen-Goodridge played 45 minutes as the Magpies lost 4-2. As things stand, Howe’s side are keen on signing him, although a decision could hinge on how he performs in the rest of his trial spell.

??

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2022, 10:59:10 PM »
So what about Tristan ? What connection he has with TT ?

1]; } ?>