March 28, 2024, 07:27:11 PM

Author Topic: Autopsy of TnT Football  (Read 913 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Autopsy of TnT Football
« on: July 13, 2022, 08:10:46 AM »
As the autopsy continues on  yet another demise of a national team failed attempts, it looks like the easiest targets are: coaching, TTFA, and of course for some political pundits blame the government.

While each element may have  contributory factors in success or lack of success- in my opinion a critical factor begins with the heart and soul of  the player. I  have coached for over 20 years and on a team you have the skilled players,  and you have some supporting cast that would run all day through a wall to provide the talent with opportunities.

Witnessing the Hattian and Jamaican teams on ' you tube' I was moved by the display of  comrade,  team desire, will, spirit and  team togetherness off the field, in the locker room. On teh field, you saw the same desire, will, determination and belief!!!

Sadly, I saw no evidence of this from our own- a leader was lacking-  witness the Jamaican Shaw- the team rallied around her leadership.
 Let's reexamine the whole picture- first our coaches,  we have talented players who have amassed experience playing abroad and under different coaches in charge of our teams-  coaches don't play the game-  coaches don't manufacture players. Give KJ the Canadian team to coach today and  if that team performs  lousy under his watch would you then  attribute that to coaching?

Bring the Canadian women's coach  here in TnT give her the same team as we have now and if that team  is able to win under her  is that as a result of the coaching? See the point?

As a coach you are given the hand you are dealt with-  There is only an infinite number of players in teh pool at the level required for team selection. If the players we selected were the best one can only imagine what the talent pool looked like.

As players there are certain intangibles that one cant teach- desire, will, determination - comes from within. Motivation to some extent can be instilled- circumstances- coaching. But a player's will desire to be better; to work at their game  to learn  has to be driven from the inside out.

Supportive structures- governing bodies - developmental programs-  technicians. funding,  communities, fans all in their own way play a vital role in instilling a sense of national pride and development of player and sport- Once more I look at the national programs and support in Jamaica.
We have many lessons to learn before we get once more to the top of the hill. We beer take off the ' duncy  cap;  STOP blaming and  focus our energies on SOLUTIONS.
Modify message

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Autopsy of TnT Football
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 11:41:46 AM »
you dummies still doing that everlasting post....whatever analysis you call it? chuckle. you trinidadians actually do suffer from delusions of grandeur, as you like to say "God is a trini", but i guess when it comes to football God does not get involved, but leaves that for the minions to figure out.

every where in the world federations follow the protocol of substantial financial investments in football with developmental programs and two tier leagues to facilitate promotion and relegation, except in the caribbean. you all just want to rely on raw talent and a silly 4 month league that see players unfit for the most of the year.

i happen to remember leo benhaker telling the league heads in trinidad that they need to do much more to develop players and raise the standard of play on the island specifically in the pro league, even wim was heavily criticized for telling you all about your laid back non committal attitude towards sports, football in particular.

do you all really believe that you could go out and face people who prepare for tournaments year round while you just come together a few weeks before a major tournament and achieve success? no matter who was coaching this team they would have loss to at least costa rica and canada.

we have players who obviously lack the basic skills needed to be competitive in world football. you must pay attention to our locally developed players and it's quite clear to see that most of them cannot dribble, they lack the ability to think under pressure, lack basic skills like controlling the ball with both feet, running at top speed with the ball planted at their feet, taking shots on the run with both feet comfortably, first touch and passing ability, and the most critical of them all, being able to shield off attackers giving their team mates time to find free space to receive a pass.

i notice that if any team we play applies intense pressure to keep us in our half, we hoof the ball back into our opponents half giving up possession instead of skillfully playing out the back, and that is exactly how the united states and mexico plays us every time, it's almost guaranteed. they pressure our defense who eventually hoofs the ball back to them, that's how they gain possession from us, and this has been going on now for over two decades, and no one has ever sought this out.

as for kenwin he needs to do like lawrence and latapy, go sit under a master for a couple seasons and learn the art of coaching. don't expect to get it right off the bat. maybe he's a good coach and maybe he's not, but i can tell you one thing, these women don't have an active league and has not played together for years, and the TTFA needs to get up off their tails and put in some work, or else it's more of the same ole cut tail religion from the bigger badder more prepared north and central americans.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:47:44 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 08:02:44 AM »
every where in the world federations follow the protocol of substantial financial investments in football

Our federation has not been able to ganar support from the business sector in donkey years and rely on the govt subvention to keep them afloat. This is totally inadequate

Wim was heavily criticized for telling you all about your laid back non committal attitude towards sports, football in particular.

Wim was not the first person to point that out to us. That is a known factor. Apart from the govt statuary teams, DF, Police, etc, the other socalled pro teams cannot supply the security for their players. That is why I was elated when I heard that Justin Sadoo is now in the DF. Security is the key.

we have players who obviously lack the basic skills needed to be competitive in world football.

Again, a known factor. We need better coaching at the elementary schools level. Also, clubs need assistance with developing their youth coaches.Coaching courses are UTT, etc. Right now some maybe qualified, some are not. The pro league need to do a much better job in development with the U-14, U-16 teams. But they are unable because of lack of resources.

these women don't have an active league and has not played together for years, and the TTFA needs to get up off their tails and put in some work,

This is the problem right here.Women sports are always an afterthought. They always get the short end of the stick.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:06:43 AM by Deeks »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
" pull stones" still peeved by yuh boi TF getting sacked? why  resort to denigrating  citizens by referring to them as dummies and ' baboons"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »
" pull stones" still peeved by yuh boi TF getting sacked? why  resort to denigrating  citizens by referring to them as dummies and ' baboons"

Sorry about TF. He may have be the right man, but it was the wrong time. Covid restrictions destroyed what ever plans TF had. He threw some lambs out for the Lion(USA 8-TT 0). That was all he wrote. Get over it.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 09:43:08 AM »
 Another consideration to consider is our ' current reality' in regards to : our players' poll and depth of talent.
 When I read about some of the Jamaican players ( their goalie for example), they are playing at a higher level and possess  additional skills compared to our players.  Our coach made this point. This is the hand he was dealt with. Let's be clear , I'm not at this time defending the coaching, I'm simply saying that given the talent pool, we were up against some odds going into this tournament. The nature of sports however shows that upsets and players playing beyond could pull off wins when no one expected.

Questions to consider:
  • Do we have a robust  scouting system?
    Are players who are eligible to represent TnT find it an attractive option?
    What is required of our  players to be at the next level?
    Is it the national coaches job to develop and skillfully work on skill development or to put systems in place and tactilely prepare teams for the opposition?
     What is the role of assistant coaches in skill development?
    Surely coaches at this caliber of play could recognize ahead of a match the level and quality of players on a squad.- Coaches players alike have access to YOU TUBE- you could see what the opposition  is like.

Despite the odds, how do you prepare yourself to face what appears insurmountable odds? No way are you facing teams you have not seen  in today's age!!! Positively you can give a better account  of yourselves. You may not win but at least we could be competitive and put up a better fight- that has to come from within each player. That has to come with motivation from within and for externally - the coaches.

There is no room for excuses else we might as well abandon all spending on teams and concede  each tournament to the likes of USA, Canada, Mexico  Costa Rica  and right here in we yard - Jamaica.

Simply put , we have to do better with the assets we have- stop looking at deficits and start building on strengths-  build inward from the experiences of our coaches lived experience, provide resources for knowledge coaching acquisition- focus on player skill development and develop some positive promotion of athletics- football in our nation.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 09:13:50 AM »
Watching some u20 women's world cup- Costa Rica- getting blows from Spain and Brazil but I cant help see their fighting sprit and  some of their more  rotund players  are hustling , competing and moving like players. When I observed our team, we look like pee wee players running and chasing. We cant even string together two passes!!!
Look its time for a ' wake' for TnT football. Well at least a wake up!

1]; } ?>