March 28, 2024, 05:44:40 AM

Author Topic: 2022 King's Cup Thread  (Read 4000 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 King's Cup Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2022, 03:59:07 AM »
The TT goal was a good goal. The Thailand goal was exceptional. Molino last minute attempted over kick would have been great if it went in.  The best thing about the game is the TT uniform. The jersey looks exquisite.

Run of the mill goal that looks especially glittery due to the highlighted camera angle (behind goal). However, if yuh check it, the goalscorer was given AMPLE time and space in which to dispense his poison. For that, I would call JESSE WILLIAMS to account. For starters.

BOL growing on yuh? 🙂 Yeah, the jersey caught the eye.

I could live with the shot being 'exquisite' and the jersey being 'exceptional'. :devil:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 04:09:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2022, 04:28:35 AM »
The TT goal was a good goal. The Thailand goal was exceptional. Molino last minute attempted over kick would have been great if it went in.  The best thing about the game is the TT uniform. The jersey looks exquisite. 

what about the first goal ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2022, 04:42:12 AM »

Destined for immortality on a bloopers reel would be my guess.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2022, 07:59:39 AM »

keepers's error, no doubt about it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2022, 08:02:26 AM »

Run of the mill goal that looks especially glittery due to the highlighted camera angle (behind goal). However, if yuh check it, the goalscorer was given AMPLE time and space in which to dispense his poison. For that, I would call JESSE WILLIAMS to account. For starters.

BOL growing on yuh? 🙂 Yeah, the jersey caught the eye.

I could live with the shot being 'exquisite' and the jersey being 'exceptional'. :devil:

You are correct about the scorer getting time to make about 3 touches and shoot. too much time.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2022, 11:29:46 AM »
Well it is wonderful to connect again..The submarine is alive and kicking. The world's biggest Small side is going to cause more shocks this season. They have replaced Juan Roman Riquelme with Dani Parejo...same style ... permit me to say that before I ask a few questions of forumites...

Can you name the coach who was totally against naming a foreign coach and formed a coaches association to speak on behalf of local coaches ?  Can you name the first nominee by this association for national coach ? Can you state whether the association  has taken a vow of silence since the nomination ? Is the association happy with the results so far ? Finally why are foreign coaches so hated by locals when all the top coaches in the Premiership are foreign?

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2022, 11:44:34 AM »
I am again asking questions of the decision makers in football who believe in the fast food system ignoring the fact that KFC chicken begins with the hatching of eggs ...rearing of chicks...before we get the bad for you good tasting delicacy ...

Yet another occasion to plug for a development programme in football to nuture the talent we want to see ....

Latapy...Yorke...Marcelle...Shaka...leonsen, Baba, Corneal, etc. ..all came through a development programme...so why we feel is just to spend money to make tours abroad with no link to a develoment programme, and that road will take us there ... question is there where ? You know what they say about what happens when you dont know where you are going ? ...well for those who dont know ..any road will get you there. My angst against discussing the results of a meaningless tournament is still very alive..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »
I liked the little run out. wouldn't be surprised if there's a slight uptick in offers/contracts for our players on that side of the world as a result. (always a good thing).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2022, 11:51:26 PM »
T&T fall to Thailand in King's Cup third place match.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago's Senior Men suffered a 2-1 defeat to host nation Thailand in the Third Place match of the King's Cup 2022 at the Chiang Mai Stadium before 12,500 fans on Sunday. Tajikistan captured the Cup with a win, 3-0 on penalties over Malaysia in the Final at the same venue later in the day.

Finnish-based defender Kareem Moses headed home T&T's equaliser at 1-1 in the 61st minute from a Kevin Molino  delivery. Moments earlier, Molino, after entering the match at half time had his effort pushed out for a corner.

Thailand, which lost 5-3 on penalties to Malaysia on Thursday, had T&T on the backfoot for long periods in the early stage of the match. But they were gifted their opening goal in the  21st minute when Channarong Promsrikaew punished goalkeeper Marvin Phillip for a dreadful error when he sent a clearance straight to the Thai player who made no mistake from close range.

As T&T settled and began to enjoy a bit more of the ball, they forced the hosts to defend a couple dangerous attacking plays.

Reon Moore headed a Levi Garcia delivery just over bar from near the  six-yard box and the Guatemalan forward  also had another effort before the break which the Thailand 'keeper took care of.

The majority of the second half was played under heavy rainfall and T&T went in search of a go-ahead goal. Ajani Fortune, Molino and Jesse Williams were introduced into the play with John-Paul Rochford also appearing along with defender Anthony Herbert. But it wasn't to be for T&T with the hosts instead grabbing the go ahead goal through Supachok Sarachart in the 72nd minute.

T&T didn't hang their heads and were unlucky not to snatch a late equalizer with Molino going close at the end. The defeat was yet another loss to Thailand by a one-goal margin for T&T, losing 3-2 in 2004 and 1-0 in 2018.

T&T will now look to regroup for preparations ahead of the March Concacaf Nations League matches away to Bahamas on March 24 and at home to Nicaragua on March 27.

The local-based contingent will return to Trinidad on Wednesday with some of the overseas-based pros returning to their respective destinations on Monday.

(Team)

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 16.Alvin Jones (10.Kevin Molino 46), 12.Kareem Moses, 2.Aubrey David, 4.Sheldon Bateau (3.Jesse Williams 46), 19.Keston Julien; 23.Leston Paul (6.Anthony Herbert 82), 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 8.Andre Fortune II (9.Ajani Fortune 46); 13.Reon Moore (14.John-Paul Rochford 73), 11.Levi Garcia.

Unused substitutes: 21.Nicklas Frenderup (GK), 7.Judah Garcia, 17.Noah Powder.

Coach: Angus Eve

Watch Post-Match Reactions with Eve after 2-1 defeat to Thailand at King's Cup 2022

« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 11:57:38 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2022, 07:59:23 AM »
I am again asking questions of the decision makers in football who believe in the fast food system ignoring the fact that KFC chicken begins with the hatching of eggs ...rearing of chicks...before we get the bad for you good tasting delicacy ...

Yet another occasion to plug for a development programme in football to nuture the talent we want to see ....

Latapy...Yorke...Marcelle...Shaka...leonsen, Baba, Corneal, etc. ..all came through a development programme...so why we feel is just to spend money to make tours abroad with no link to a develoment programme, and that road will take us there ... question is there where ? You know what they say about what happens when you dont know where you are going ? ...well for those who dont know ..any road will get you there. My angst against discussing the results of a meaningless tournament is still very alive..

I am not a fan of the NC, but this is one of the few positive they have done. The tour was not meaningless. They national team eh playing any football. TTFA league eh playing. What do you want for the players ? I would have liked to see some of the U-20s on the team. But ......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2022, 11:43:56 AM »

I am not a fan of the NC, but this is one of the few positive they have done. The tour was not meaningless. They national team eh playing any football. TTFA league eh playing. What do you want for the players ? I would have liked to see some of the U-20s on the team. But ......

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2022, 11:48:35 AM »
Deeks I hear yuh but I believe we wont get anywhere until we learn to fish. It is ok to get a fish now and then but that approach does not leave you with any meaningful expectation ..in other words you must sow before you can reap...what are some players still doing there ? Does this tour fit into any plan for the future ? trecking half way around the world to " see some players " when the majority of them were not even selected ?
Nah man ...we just cant go on this way ...AGAIN

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2022, 04:24:47 PM »
Deeks I hear yuh but I believe we wont get anywhere until we learn to fish. It is ok to get a fish now and then but that approach does not leave you with any meaningful expectation ..in other words you must sow before you can reap...what are some players still doing there ? Does this tour fit into any plan for the future ? trecking half way around the world to " see some players " when the majority of them were not even selected ?
Nah man ...we just cant go on this way ...AGAIN

See this USL Championship mess us up badly. These guys just bouncing around in that league  no progression etc none of them improve. They guys would not get better   Just look at levi play he is miles ahead....Angus not looking for players . same ole  horse he using .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2022, 03:17:27 PM »

Is best these days we celebrate T&T Peru-look ah like jerseys than what we see happening on the field  :)

1]; } ?>