March 28, 2024, 04:04:43 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (27-March-2023)  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (27-March-2023)
« on: January 11, 2023, 04:36:08 PM »
T&T to face Nicaragua in Concacaf Gold Cup qualifier at Dwight Yorke Stadium, Tobago.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association on Wednesday announced that Trinidad and Tobago's Concacaf Nations League and Gold Cup qualifier against Nicaragua carded for March 27th, 2023 will be played at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, Tobago. Further details will be disclosed in due course.

T&T's senior team, under head coach Angus Eve are in training at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, three sessions per week with home-based and some overseas-based players. T&T faces Bahamas in their next Nations League qualifier in Nassau on March 24th to be followed by the clash in Tobago.

VIDEO Eve gives update on SMNT Preparations for Concacaf Nations League/Gold Cup qualifiers

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Game (27-March-2023)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 12:51:00 PM »
Soca Warriors face Nicaragua in Tobago on March 27
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday)

Trinidad and Tobago’s next international fixture at home – a Concacaf Nations League clash against Nicaragua on March 27 – will be held at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Scarborough, Tobago.

This was confirmed by T&T Football Association (TTFA) director of communications Shaun Fuentes on Wednesday, who said this decision was taken owing to ongoing restoration work at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Ato Boldon Stadium and Manny Ramjohn Stadium.

He said, “For obvious reasons, with the unavailability of two or three of the venues in Trinidad that are currently under maintenance or refurbishment. We’ve agreed with the various stakeholders and coach Angus Eve has been a major part of this, to play the game at Dwight Yorke Stadium.”

T&T resume their Nations League campaign away to Bahamas on March 24 and then travel the next day to Tobago, for their home game against the Central Americans.

Eve said both match-ups are equally important and integral to kick-starting T&T’s resurgence as a formidable Caribbean squad.

Bahamas kicked T&T out of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers in June 2021, and Eve believes a good result in their first fixture is crucial.

“The first game is always the toughest and it’s away from home. They’re (Bahamas) a very plucky and dogged bunch and have a lot of pride. Each of the games are important. You need to win the first game so the second one could be more relevant,” he said.

Regarding the Tobago venue, Eve was pleased the island will be getting some senior-team action.

The last time Dwight Yorke Stadium hosted an international fixture was when the Women Warriors eked out a 2-2 result against Guyana, in April 2022, to qualify for the Concacaf Women Championships, which was held in Mexico, in July.

Eve expects a good turnout in Tobago.

“We’re a footballing nation. You’ll probably see people flying across from Trinidad. I spoke to people in the US recently and they already booked tickets for both games. I don’t think it’s going to be a problem, we’re just going to a different part of the country to play.

“People should want to come out and support the team. This is a massive game for us because going through those types of games also takes you into World Cup qualifying, which gives you a better draw.”

On his team’s preparations, Eve is currently working with a bunch of senior and younger, locally-based footballers, to improve their skills and bolster their chances of impressing before the Nations League.

Since there has been no pro league football in T&T since 2020, Eve said such inactivity is hurting the local players and restricting their development.

“We haven’t had league football in Trinidad for a while so I think the guys here are a bit disadvantaged in the opportunities to make the team.

“What we’re doing, along with the TTFA normalisation committee, is that I will carry a plan to them to get these guys fit enough and get a couple of matches in before February month-end, so that they can have an opportunity to address the selectors to be a part of the team, come March.”

Regarding upcoming practice matches for the local bunch, Eve said Caribbean opposition remains top priority since the Soca Warriors are in a rebuilding stage and must restart from the bottom, up.

“You don’t want to be unfair to the guys by putting them to play a set of international teams when they have not been playing competitive football. We are running this programmes to get them to a semblance of match fitness so they could compete at a particular level. They won’t have to peak until mid-March.”

He however, remains in close contact with T&T’s foreign-based players and monitors their performances through statistics programmes online.

“We also follow up with phone calls and reinforcing to them how important those two matches are to T&T football. For the most part, the guys are 100 per cent on board and very enthusiastic and can’t wait to come back to represent the country.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 07:39:30 AM »
Soca Warriors' Nations League prep in limbo, Head Coach Angus Eve frustrated by "lack of support"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/03Uelin9Oik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/03Uelin9Oik</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 08:58:34 AM »
informative interview. Time for Normalization committee to ride. (not saying that what about to come in likely to be much better). I getting the sneaky suspicion Angus going to get us knocked out of the WC sooner rather than later, but theoretically it won't be his fault. Can't believe I about so say this but I think even Shabbaz might be a better caretaker coach than Angus.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 03:56:16 AM »
Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 08:58:34 AM »
informative interview. Time for Normalization committee to ride. (not saying that what about to come in likely to be much better). I getting the sneaky suspicion Angus going to get us knocked out of the WC sooner rather than later, but theoretically it won't be his fault. Can't believe I about so say this but I think even Shabbaz might be a better caretaker coach than Angus.
How many y times we go keep turning the same piles of manure over hoping to  find  a nugget.
Same crap different pile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 01:07:14 AM »
Soca Warriors look to maintain winning mindset vs Nicaragua.
By Jonathan Ramnanansingh (T&T Newsday).

TRINIDAD and Tobago must maintain the same competitive mindset and aggression shown in their 3-0 victory over the Bahamas on Friday if they are to achieve the ultimate target of a win over Nicaragua at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Tobago on Monday.

This was the sentiment shared by both TT skipper Joevin Jones and team debutant Andre Rampersad, who expressed pleasure with their solid win against the Bahamas but called for a mirrored approach in their final League B Group C match against the Central Americans.

Victory for the Soca Warriors over Nicaragua guarantees their promotion to League A and books them a spot in the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup in June.

Against the Bahamas, midfielder Kareem Moses opened the scoring for TT in the fifth with a rifling shot from 25 yards out.

Jones sent the visitors 2-0 up in the 26th minute via a kick from the penalty spot and eight minutes later, Ryan Telfer latched on to a penetrating pass to seal a 3-0 advantage.

There were, however, several missed chances, particularly in the second half.

In Friday’s post-match press conference in Nassau, Jones said, “I think it was a good performance. We came out and got the start we wanted to get.

“Even though we didn’t score in the second half, we came here with a mindset to win, get the three points, go home and face the next game.

“It’s all about recovering for the next two days. We’re at home and it’s a must-win game for us, we have to go for it, fight, and get the victory. It will mean a lot to us because it will also help us qualify for the Gold Cup.”

Rampersad, who made his national debut on Friday, said there was no better way to notch his first country appearance than with a convincing victory.

He said, “It was a great feeling. The boys brought it. We should have scored more but for me, brilliant debut, couldn’t be better. The team made me comfortable and that was all that was needed, for me to be confident on the park. I cannot deny that I was a bit scared.

“There’s a lot to take from this game, three goals and a clean sheet. A lot of the guys that could have been on the park today (Friday) to help out with the win but they got rested so come Monday, we put everything on the line like we did today and we’ll get the result.”

Coach Angus Eve also credited his troops for a job well done and said it was a very “professional” performance despite the team “still gelling.” Eve said it was their intention to start strongly and also credited the Ft Lauderdale, Florida, camp as good preparation.

“I was very impressed with the continuity of the play today and the way we linked up with each other. I thought we probably should have scored a couple more goals but all in all, a win away from home, 3-0 is a good result.

“We wanted to put them on the back foot as early as possible. We think that we had players to hurt them. They tried to play a little bit more and it opened up spaces for us to express ourselves and use our pace and skill going forward.

“Defensively, I thought we were really good. I thought the opportunities they got were from a goalkeeper mistake and a defender mistake. There were not many shots for our goalkeeper to get. We had a lot of good chances down to the end that we missed.

“We did slow it down a little bit and wanted to control the game a bit more in the second half and that’s why we made a lot of changes. The changes killed the rhythm of the game.”

« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 01:15:50 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 01:06:47 AM »
Angus Eve urges support for footballers: It's a final vs Nicaragua.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago football head coach Angus Eve is hoping love and support from the home crowd on Monday will inspire T&T against Nicaragua in what he calls a "final" at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago. The Concacaf Nations League match kicks off at 8 pm.

A win for T&T will see them qualify automatically for the 2023 Gold Cup. Nicaragua only need a draw to advance to the Gold Cup as the Central Americans lead Group C of League B with 13 points, followed by T&T with 12 points.

T&T held their final training session ahead of the match at Dwight Yorke Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

T&T defeated Bahamas on Friday 3-0 to keep their chances alive of advancing as the top team in the group. "The boys are raring to go," Eve said. "We've been on a good run, but it all means nothing if we can't win tomorrow. It is a literal final for us. That's how we have been taking these last Nations League games."

Eve said victory will put T&T into Nations League Group A as well as book a Gold Cup spot.

He added, "Gold Cup qualification will put us in a better (Nations League) group and also (set up) qualifying for Copa America (2024), so there is a lot at stake in this game."

On playing at home, Eve said, "I love Trinidad and Tobago. We are one country...the guys are up for it and they really want to win for their country."

Striker Rundell Winchester and midfielder Noah Powder are the two members in the squad with Tobago roots. Winchester was born and grew up in Tobago, while Powder's father is Tobagonian.

Eve also expects a lot of people to travel from Trinidad to Tobago for the match. "We are going to get a good T&T loving today (Monday), definitely, because there are a lot of people coming up and they should want to come out and watch the boys.

"Rundell is a son of the soil and he is going to be in the side tomorrow, so it will be good for them to support him, but the total team as well."

T&T's defence has been solid and stingy over the past three matches, not conceding a goal. T&T defeated Jamaica 1-0 in an international friendly, which was followed by a 0-0 draw against the same team days later. After those matches, T&T kept another clean sheet against Bahamas.

Eve knows Nicaragua will be a more formidable opponent and they will be a cohesive team as all the players are home-based.

England-based central midfielder Daniel Phillips is questionable for Monday's match due to a leg injury, but the team has welcomed the return of defender Keston Julien.

Julien, who plays professionally in Moldova, had visa issues and could not travel with the team to Bahamas.

Trinidad and Tobago flagman confident in Soca Warriors

SOME fans go the extra mile to support their favourite sports teams. Joey "Posh" Richardson, also known as the T&T flag man, is definitely one man who travels miles to cheer on local and regional teams.

The Soca Warriors will face Nicaragua in a Concacaf Nations League match at Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago on Monday at 8 pm. A win for T&T will see them earn an automatic spot at the 2023 Gold Cup.

Richardson boarded the Buccoo Reef vessel on Sunday morning at the Port of Port of Spain headed for Tobago.

Richardson, who is from El Socorro, is always glued to a sporting event. Before and during the trip, he was streaming the West Indies vs South Africa T20 match on his phone.

In an interview with Newsday, Richardson said he is looking forward to the match against Nicaragua.

"I feeling confident. (Head coach) Angus (Eve) has a good team and we are playing good defence so far. We played a lot of games without conceding a goal...although Nicaragua will be a tough fight, but I giving home field advantage (to us). We suppose to do it in Tobago tomorrow."

TT have played three matches this month without allowing a goal. TT defeated Jamaica 1-0 in an international friendly in Montego Bay and days later earned a 0-0 draw against the same team in Kingston. On Friday, T&T eased to a 3-0 victory over Bahamas in the Nations League in Nassau.

Richardson, wearing a West Indies t-shirt and a T&T bandana, has been a die-hard fan since 1989, when the Strike Squad took T&T by storm.

"(I am) patriotic to the bone. The bone still hard at age 67. That's part of me giving back to the country that I grew up in and live in and love too bad. T&T all the way."

Richardson is hoping Tobagonians turn up in their numbers to support.

"I hope the Tobago people come out tomorrow. We have to beat them...total support for the Soca Warriors."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 01:53:43 PM »
Any links for tonight's game ?

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 05:54:40 PM »
flow sports on android box or maybe YouTube

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 05:59:25 PM »
sorry balding

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 06:07:13 PM »
Live stream?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2023, 06:28:50 PM »
Steups.

First time I tune in in years!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2023, 06:31:55 PM »
We down 1 nil
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2023, 06:42:47 PM »
Penal!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2023, 06:47:35 PM »
Hoping we manage the pre-HT clock.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 06:51:51 PM »
any links nothing on my usual stomping grounds
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 06:52:36 PM »
Good foul trouble to impose on Nicaragua. Juan Barrera is someone we need to see less of. 1-1 @ HT.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2023, 06:58:05 PM »
Kareem Moses discounted the goal he scored versus Bahamas with the tata just dropped on Ariagner Smith's goal (coming over Moses' shoulder).

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2023, 06:58:21 PM »
popup gurus could try this https://ronaldo7.io/soccerstreams

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2023, 07:04:09 PM »
These Nicaraguans have a prize for the hardest foul?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2023, 07:10:14 PM »
Seems to me too much respect is being given to 19 y/o on his first match abroad at international level.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2023, 07:12:24 PM »
will watch highlights after noy up to fight with dem links
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2023, 07:20:50 PM »
Advantage Nicaragua. Time to upset the apple cart.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 07:44:37 PM »
Win or draw this is hurtful
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 07:45:08 PM »
How we became complicit in killing our own momentum, Chapter 1. Seen this movie before?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 07:46:29 PM »
Nicaragua slowing down the game

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2023, 07:48:51 PM »
This is it warriors all or nothing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2023, 07:50:37 PM »
If we eh win, then we eh ready. We don’t deserve to be there. Back to the drawing board.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2023, 08:01:08 PM »
DEEK ,we ? yuh mean angus eve  ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2023, 08:07:14 PM »
Next!

1]; } ?>