March 29, 2024, 07:23:47 AM

Author Topic: An old Calypso...  (Read 1211 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
An old Calypso...
« on: February 20, 2023, 08:39:54 AM »
My father always bought Calypsoes and I recall one which was very funny,I don't know the title but I remember the first line,it went like this;"Ah smartman name Johnathan make he wife Lillian take out an Insurance Policy,was to fool de Insurance Company,she make em go and lie dong in bed and get a quack docto r to say he dead,in the wake they drink rum and coffee,and started to shout out this melody,doctor say yuh dead Johnathan please close yuh eyes Johnathan".
Does anyone knows the tune and could you tell me who sang it,also I suspect the title of the song will be important.Thanks in advance.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: An old Calypso...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 07:16:32 AM »
I don't know if you realize I posted a link with a clip of the song in a reply in the Jokes thread. Apparently it was Lord Cristo. Glad you kickin man, keep good!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: An old Calypso...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 11:55:13 AM »
kounty
Thanks man I have been trying to get the name for some time now,I should have known that but yuh cyah remember everything,I am kickin as you say,but I never thought I would have made it.Just as I got over the cancer I was diagnosed with 3 blocked arteries in my heart.I was told it must be done as early as possible,I eventually had stents put in my blocked arteries on the 9th Feb 23.I am recovering well you won't believe it.Thanks again for the info.Respect!

1]; } ?>