March 29, 2024, 02:13:14 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Jamaica Game (11 & 14 of March-2023)  (Read 3735 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Jamaica Game (11 & 14 of March-2023)
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2023, 09:40:45 AM »

Thanks for the link!
I enjoyed the game [haven't said that about a T&T game for a good while]. Michel Poon-Angeron finally grow into the potential Terry Fenwick saw. God keep him healthy I think he will be the Latapy of the future. I like our distinctive possession brand in the 1st half, largely thanks to Poon and Auvray...and Jones. I like the freedom Eve gave Jones, and hopefully their long family ties will really get the best out of Joevin [didn't like his slightly lazier play in the 2nd half - not sure what part fitness and what part attitude, but this has often been this player's problem].
I think Reon Moore and Jomal could make a nice tandem on top (they both came on late)...even switching sides I thought was nice. Jesse Williams wasn't bad. The defenders were each good at times and then a crucial mistake (that thankfully weren't punished) -- Josiah Trimmingham in particular. Didn't feel too comfortable with Justin Garcia. Alvin was ok. My 2 cents.

:o

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2023, 09:46:53 AM »
we cauught them off are they were having a good spell. On another note this Angus yaps to much. I bet this victory gone to his head.

I seem to have heard that elsewhere. Not exactly the most filtered in front of a mic.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2023, 10:32:49 AM »
 ??? ???  good jamaican team eh
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iH1SQpu-DBQ&amp;t=53s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iH1SQpu-DBQ&amp;t=53s</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 10:34:31 AM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2023, 11:29:46 AM »
It is now 22 years since Trinidad and Tobago defeated Jamaica in a competitive match. That happened in a Caribbean Cup group fixture at Port of Spain on 17 March 2001.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2023, 11:25:56 PM »
Eve delighted with win over Reggae Boyz.
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian).

T&T Soca Warriors coach Angus Eve was very pleased with his team’s 1-0 win over host Jamaica in the first of two friendly internationals in Jamaica at the Catherine Hall Sports Complex in Montego Bay on Saturday night.

T&T, Defence Force’s Reon Moore, 26, came off the bench to replace Jomoul Francois in the 63rd minute, and four minutes later he fired home the match-winner past goalkeeper Kemar Foster on his near post from just in the left side of the ‘Reggae Boyz’ 18-yard box for his fifth goal in 17 appearances for the national team since making his debut in 2018.

For T&T, French-born midfielder Kaile Auvray, 18, made his T&T debut wearing the red, white, and black along with Andre Raymond while El Salvador-based midfielder Jomal Williams was the other overseas-based player in the Soca Warriors starting line compared to Jamaican coach Heimir Hallgrimsson squad which featured United Kingdom-based Chelsea’s Omari Hutchinson, Wolves’ Dexter Lembikisa, as well as Tottenham Hotspur’s Dante Harvey along with veterans Adrian Mariappa and the embattled Ravel Morrison.

Speaking after the win, his team second on the trot after beating Saint Martin 2-0 at home in January Eve said he was delighted with his players for grinding out a brilliant result.

He said, “For us to come here and grind out a victory is tremendous. T&T football has been in the doldrums, and Jamaica is like 50 spots ahead of us. To get this victory against a good outfit with some experienced players, some in Europe and a world-class coach we are really happy to be able to compete with these types of guys.”

The T&T coach also took a swipe at some of the Jamaica media for underestimating his team before the match.

The 50-year-old Eve, the most capped T&T player ever with 117 appearances said, “Coming into the match we were not that worried about the playing surface, but we were more focus on some of the reporters in Jamaica who had my team talk for me and winded up my squad by saying we were coming here to get licks.”

“So, we were very happy for that type of motivation from the reporters because we know what we have in T&T, as we constantly develop players because we are not fortunate to have a number of players come from the big leagues abroad. So, we train the guys that we have at home, and you saw the evidence of it tonight (Saturday). In bits and pieces, it was really good, we were defensively strong, and we got the victory.”

Reflecting more on the match, Eve said, “We shut down Jamaica well, we did our research, and we could have only watched the two games that they played recently against Argentina and Cameroon. We saw what they were doing there, and we did videos and did our numbers, and we worked on that for the guys to take into the game.”

Eve noted that his team was also fully aware of speedy Kingston College Jamaica striker Dujuan ‘Whisper’ Richards, 17, who recently signed a pre-contract with top English Premier League club Chelsea.

The T&T coach boasted, “We have our own ‘Whisper’ up front as well and we know that we have some good pace in our team going forward and we also know how to nullify players as you saw tonight.”

“We have a number of weapons in our team, we started with a very young team, and I thought to a man, everybody who played and who went on showed that they can play at this level against what was a very good Jamaica team at their home.”

“Overall, I thought we were very sharp, and we moved the ball well and created more chances than them, but unfortunately we didn’t take them through a little bit of inexperience.

With regards to the clean sheet, the second in succession, Eve said, “One of the things we wanted to do is make the team defensively very strong because we know we have talented players going forward and once we give them the opportunity they will score as Reon Moore came on and did tonight.”

Looking ahead to Tuesday’s match Eve said he is going to play the entire squad as some of his players suffered injuries.

“A couple of the guys picked up injuries tonight (Saturday) hence the reason we had to send on some of the guys today, but the guys who came on today are the guys who are going to play the next game.”

The T&T coach said he also expects a response from the Jamaica team when they do battle at Independence Park (National Stadium) in Kingston on Tuesday night.

“We know they are going to come with a little bit more intensity because they are hurt after this loss, and now that they are going to play at the “Office” as their National Stadium is called, we know we will have to stand up and be counted, but these are the kind of challenges we want as the kind of matches we want to be playing in,” ended Eve.

Iceland-born Heimir Hallgrimsson, Jamaica’s coach believed his team played well for the most part but lack penetration.

“We didn’t deserve to lose it (first home game) if you look at the chances. We have to improve a lot of things,” said Hallgrimsson.

“There are positives to take from the game. We created a lot of chances. We also got into positions but overplayed instead of delivering it in the box or shoot. It was the first international match for a lot of them, so it’s a good experience for them,” he added.

Hallgrimsson believes that, unlike their opponents, they did not capitalise on their key moments in the game.

“It was their first attack in the second half. We had created a lot of chances both at the end of the first half and early in the second before they scored. It was just one moment, and they were up. From there, it was more panic than quality,” said Hallgrimsson.

“They have been training together, so you could see that they have a plan and stuck to it. They were more synchronised. In the end, they got cramps and fatigue because they don’t have playing rhythm of games,” he added.

Both teams are using the encounters as part of their preparations for the resumption of the Concacaf Nations League (CNL) fixtures away to the Bahamas on March 24, and three days later at home to Nicaragua at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago, on March 27.

The Soca Warriors are second in Group C of the CONCACAF Nations League on nine points while Nicaragua is on top. The Nicaraguans defeated T&T 2-0 in Managua back in June, last year.

Jamaica will face Mexico in a must-win Concacaf Nations League A clash at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on March 26 with a win cementing a first-ever spot in the Nations League Pool A semifinals.

RELATED NEWS

Eve proud of Trinidad and Tobago, warns of Reggae Boyz response.
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

HEAD coach of the Trinidad and Tobago men’s football team Angus Eve knows his players must bring their A-game in the second international friendly against Jamaica on Tuesday, after the Reggae Boyz fell 1-0 in the first match on Saturday night.

Substitute Reon Moore’s goal in the 67th minute was enough to give T&T a rare but deserved victory at the Catherine Hall Sports Complex in Montego Bay, Jamaica. It was T&T's first win against Jamaica in a decade.

“We know that they are going to come with a little bit more intensity because they are hurt and now they are going in the Office (National Stadium), as they affectionately call it,” Eve told TT Football Association media.

“We know we have to stand up, but these are the kind of challenges we want (and) these are the kind of games we want to be playing.” The teams will square off in Kingston at 8 pm TT time.

T&T fielded mainly home-based players in the match as Eve wanted to give younger players an opportunity to play against a quality opponent. T&T are ranked 104th in the FIFA rankings while Jamaica are 64th in the world.

Some of the experienced players missing for T&T were Sheldon Bateau, Duane Muckette and Levi Garcia. One of the players making their debut for T&T in the match was Kaile Auvray, who is born to a Trinidadian mother and a father from Guadeloupe. Other youngsters who started the match for T&T were goal-keeper Denzil Smith, Andre Raymond, John-Paul Rochford and Jesse Williams.

Eve was proud of his inexperienced squad. “We started with a very young team as you saw…a lot of guys got their debut tonight and they showed that they could play at this level against a very good Jamaican team at home.”

Jamaica also played with a young team including striker Dujuan “Whisper” Richards, 17, who just signed with Chelsea FC in the English Premiership. Richards has been making headlines playing for Kingston College in Jamaica’s school football league.

Eve said his staff did their homework in preparation for the match. “Credit to the rest of my staff because the guys really put the work in. We researched the team. We had videos of them playing Cameroon and Argentina and we know that coaches don’t normally change their pattern, don’t change their style. We saw what they were doing and we just countered what they were doing defensively, and offensively we had a number of weapons.”

The T&T coach was pleased with the effort of his players. “We have been training for the last couple of weeks. I know certain Jamaican reporters said we took a week off for Carnival, but that (performance) is a result of it. We know when to give our guys a little bit of a rest.

"When we came into the game today we were very sharp. We moved the ball well, as you saw, a lot of times. We created more chances than them and unfortunately we did not take them, but little experience (caused that). This experience will only augur well for them going into the future.”

The performance by the young T&T players may give Eve a selection headache moving forward. Asked about it, Eve said, “The guys today, each one of them stood up. The guys who went on did their job also and that is the mark of a strong team. I know the guys abroad are watching the game, so they would see what the guys put down today and know the standard we are setting for the squad.”

Eve said captain Joevin Jones led from the front. “I thought he was excellent tonight. He was getting in behind (defenders), he was dropping in the pocket (and) he was holding up the ball for the team and I thought he led the team as the captain very well tonight.”

Moore, 26, is continuing to show he belongs in national colours. The Defence Force player from Sangre Grande only needed a few minutes after coming off the bench to make his mark. After collecting a pass from Jones, Moore’s left-footed shot beat goal-keeper Kemar Foster at the near post.

Speaking about Moore after the match, Eve said, “There is a meme going around that I have been asking Reon for more and this is a result of pushing him and pushing him to his full potential.”

Moore had a short stint with Guatemalan club CSD Municipal last year.

'We should not have lost' — Hallgrimsson.
By Paul Reid (Jamaica Observer).

CATHERINE HALL, St James — After losing 0-1 to Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday in his first home game as head coach of the Reggae Boyz, Heimir Hallgrimsson says he expects the Jamaica team to be better in Tuesday's second friendly international.

Hallgrimsson said while there were many positives from the game at Montego Bay Sports Complex where a number of players got their first chance to play for the national senior team, there were things they can improve for the next game set for the National Stadium. There, he said, those who did not play on Saturday will get the chance to show their worth.

A second-half goal from substitute Reon Moore was the difference between the teams, tilting the overall head-to-head record in Trinidad and Tobago's favour — 26 wins to 25 for Jamaica, while 10 matches have been drawn.

"You never want to lose a game, you always feel sad losing," Hallgrimsson said.

"All coaches like to win matches, but to play the first game here, I thought we did not deserve to lose it, if you look at the chances, but we can improve a lot of things.

Angus Eve, the Trinidad and Tobago coach, was happy with the win by his home-based team.

"For us to come and grind out a win I think is a fantastic for this young team," he told the Jamaica Observer.

After a cautious first half during which there were few chances to score, the game opened up in the second period with Jamaica's 19-year-old Chelsea FC player Omari Hutchinson taking on more responsibility to push the team forward as the hosts had Trinidad penned down for long periods.

Jamaica's goalkeeper Kemar Foster helped his cause with a good shift and could not be blamed for the goal. He made two good saves, one in the first half when he reacted well to keep out a ball that deflected off a defender, and was off his line early in the second half to stop a Trinidad attack.

"We created a lot of chances, we created a lot of positions where we should have created better, but we [overplayed] the chances too much. We played too much instead of delivering it in the box, or shoot or cross, we were just always passing at times," Hallgrimsson said.

"Another positive was a lot of players were playing their first national team match and so that goes into their experience bank, and we played 17 players. We made all the subs available, but as I said there are a lot of things we can improve from this game," he told journalists.

Hallgrimsson said Trinidad's goal came from one of the few chances in the second half.

"We had created both late in the first half and early in the second half, we created a lot of chances and in just one moment they are one up and from then it was more panic than maybe quality."

The Reggae Boyz boss said part of their game plan was to "play from the wings and use crosses".

He added: "But we should give credit to Trinidad as well, they played a tactical game and we knew they would kick the long ball and we conceded from the long ball, we did not cope with the long ball in the first half. If we play similar to today with just a few corrections, we will play a better game."

Eve, the former Trinidad international, was happy with the result, especially because he said they missed an entire week of preparation during the Trinidad carnival as stadia were used for fetes and concerts.

"We really showed some mettle away from home, it's a difficult place for Trinidad to play, we have not won since 2013, I think and for us to come and grind out a win, I think is fantastic for this young team."

Eve said some media reports coming out of Jamaica had made his "team talk easier".

He added: "They said we coming here to get licks, we were happy for that type of motivation for our players as we know what we have in Trinidad, we constantly develop players. We are not fortunate to have a number of players to come from big leagues abroad, so we train the boys that we have and you saw the evidence and in bits and pieces it was really good and we got the victory and defensively we were very strong."

"I think we shut them down well, we did our research, we were only able to get two [Jamaica] games, against Argentina and Cameroon, but we saw what they were doing there and we worked on that and we know that we have good pace."

« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 11:34:03 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2023, 07:15:07 AM »
Trini_2026Give Eve some credit,he did what no other coach has done for more years than I care to remember,let the man enjoy his moment of glory. ;D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2023, 02:53:00 PM »
Frico ah boy   .. bout he did his home work on whisperwhisper dont go left he does right. he get pull by the reported  that whisper just turned 17 . he countinue to rant we have our own whispers  to also ??? ...  Bout we dont have pleasure of calling up players with  grandparents so we have to develops our players.   :bs:

I  remind me of triniInfinite. btw the head of chelsea recruiting is in  jamaica he is looking at other players
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 02:58:09 PM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2023, 10:31:34 PM »
Man jumping for joy and shitting themselves over a meaningless win over 'super power horse' from the Caribbean- I think not.
 Was the performance flawless? was a dominant showing? was it a lapse from the Jamaicans? what really happen here is a once in  blue moon outing with this team so far. One game does not make a dynasty- we have  long road to climb to gain any respectably in the region much less for when we venture out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2023, 03:53:30 AM »
Hallgrimsson wants to win, but wants to build too.
By Livingston Scott (Jamaica Gleaner).

‘We will focus on ourselves’

EVEN AS Jamaica head coach Heimir Hallgrimsson looks to turn the table on regional rivals, Trinidad and Tobago, when the teams meet in the second game of their two-match friendly series at the National Stadium tonight at 7, his concern is the chemistry of his youthful Boyz.

Hallgrimsson lost his first game on local soil on Saturday, going down 1-0 to the Soca Warriors, and he thought his young and inexperienced squad was still learning to play with each other and believes this might be the case again tonight.

“Nobody likes to lose. Hopefully we can turn the loss to a win the next game,” the Icelandic coach said prior to training yesterday.

“Given a lot of players were playing their first senior national team game, a lot of them are young players. We have to give them some slack, for some it is too much (for them).

“Tomorrow (today) we will probably play the players who didn’t play in the first game. So we will see new faces again and new players playing with each other, and as we saw in Montego Bay, the understanding between players may not be perfect.”

Hallgrimsson said there were instances of miscommunication between the players in Montego Bay but he contends that this is usually the case when new players are just coming together.

“When somebody wanted it long, the pass came short and when somebody wanted it short, the pass came long. So there were not only technical mistakes, there was misunderstanding between players and that happens when you have new players and young players playing together for the first time.”

Although aiming for a victory to appease the disappointed fans for losing his first home game, Hallgrimsson insists the game is not about results, but the future of the programme.

He also expects another tough duel with the Soca Warriors, who he described as well organised.

“We gave some players their first cap and we gave them some experience and we will see if they are ready for the future.

“That is what we are looking at when we have this camp. It is not about the result and the performance today,” he said.

“They (Trinidad) will probably be happy with their performance in the (first) match. I am not particularly worried about what they are doing, I have enough with what we are doing. We are just focusing on Jamaica and the players for us.

“It is a competitive team, Trinidad. I give them a lot of credit. They were organised and difficult to break down. It was tough but we will focus on ourselves.”

RELATED NEWS

Reggae Boy Mariappa expects improvement against T&T.
By Paul A Reid (T&T Observer).

he squad of Reggae Boyz involved in the two-match friendly series against Trinidad and Tobago has been described "as a work in progress" by veteran Adrian Mariappa who wore the captain's armband in the 0-1 loss at Montego Bay Sports Complex on Saturday.

The game, which was played outside of the FIFA international window and thus mostly featured home-based players, only picked up in intensity in the second half.

Mariappa echoed Jamaica's Head Coach Heimer Hallgrimsson when he said the team will perform better once the footballers spend more time playing together.

The Jamaican team's second match against the visitors is set for Tuesday evening inside the National Stadium.

"We know it's not our best game but, you know, there's a lot of new faces, a lot of young guys in there as well so, you know, the game was about obviously looking at players and trying to, you know, build something as well and integrate a lot of new guys into the team. So, it's a work in progress," the 36-year-old defender said.

"We know we can play better and, obviously, we want a better result. We've got another game and a few days as well to put on a bit of showing but yeah, listen, it's a work in progress," Mariappa reiterated.

"You know we've [only] had a few days' training, all together. Like I said, a lot of new boys coming in so being able to gel...it's hard. So listen, the time [is] on a lot of these boys' side as well so I expect a lot of big things for the young guys in the future," he noted.

The British-born Mariappa, who most recently played club football in Australia, hinted that his playing days are drawing to a close.

"Obviously you can't play forever so... But yeah, just take it one game [at a time] and yeah, we'll see what the future holds," he told the Jamaica Observer.

WATCH Poon-Angeron keen to get through second Jamaica test on Tuesday

WATCH Defender Trimmingham expects tougher encounter in Kingston

WATCH Flash Interview with Reon Moore ahead of second friendly with Jamaica

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2023, 09:10:33 AM »
Trini_2026,I too was surprised by some of his comments and his over reaction to the win,I understand you clearly,I was very surprised at the win,and looking back we seemed to have had some better chances than the Yard,I feel to, we could have had a penalty.I think the second match today would really tell us more about the Soca Wrriors and whether the Reggaeboyz are are good as they think.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2023, 12:53:21 PM »
Man jumping for joy and shitting themselves over a meaningless win over 'super power horse' from the Caribbean- I think not.
 Was the performance flawless? was a dominant showing? was it a lapse from the Jamaicans? what really happen here is a once in  blue moon outing with this team so far. One game does not make a dynasty- we have  long road to climb to gain any respectably in the region much less for when we venture out.

ABTrini, You putting too much into this. Anytime we beat JA, it is "the talk of the town". But I do not think Eve is that naive to think we reach after a 1-0 victory.  Some of his utterances was a bit of a "bragging rights" thing. But to me Eve sounds optimistically cautious when expressing himself. A practice game against JA is never really a practice. TT needs much more friendlies against stronger opposition to gauge this team. Games against Ven. Colombia, Ecuador, Panama, Suriname would be very welcome. Don't put too much into this.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2023, 03:23:33 PM »
any link for the game?

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2023, 06:25:32 PM »
Ok angus plan is to sit back aoack up thw pressure

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2023, 06:25:39 PM »
I thought the FIFA site was showing our games?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2023, 08:00:37 PM »
Good show fellas. Have not seen a mostly local team keep its shape and penetrate past the half with short passing since the 2006/2007 Caribbean cup against this level of opposition.  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2023, 08:09:31 PM »
"Michel Poon-Angeron finally grow into the potential Terry Fenwick saw. God keep him healthy I think he will be the Latapy of the future"

Blasphemy!
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2023, 08:27:53 PM »
glad to break dat long Jamaica duck.......does only lurk dese days off and on......hope everybody good otherwise
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2023, 05:19:36 AM »
I thought the FIFA site was showing our games?

League: yes; everything under the sun: no. Positive side: curious about the domestic sweat in The Gambia? Yuh could peep that.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2023, 05:40:27 AM »
Yup !!! oh yes
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/99wcQc6IKTk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/99wcQc6IKTk</a>
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:06:25 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2023, 09:09:42 AM »
Soca Warriors hold Reggae Boyz to goalless draw in 2nd friendly
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

Another spirited performance by an inexperienced Trinidad and Tobago's Soca Warriors outfit led to a 0-0 draw against the Reggae Boyz in the second game of a two-match series at the National Stadium in Kingston, Jamaica on Tuesday.

T&T won the series on aggregate 1-0 after a Reon Moore strike gave the Soca Warriors the win in the first match on Saturday at the Catherine Hall Sports Complex in Montego Bay.

Both teams fielded mostly local-based players with many players making their debut for TT during the two-match series.

T&T head coach Angus Eve wanted to see what the local-based players were made of. Sheldon Bateau, Levi Garcia, Aubrey David and Duane Muckette were some of the missing players for T&T.

Jamaica dominated possession in the early stages of the match, but could not create quality chances on goal as TT goal-keeper and captain Marvin Phillip coped with everything the Jamaican attackers threw at him.

Dujuan “Whisper” Richards, 17, was at the centre of many attacks for Jamaica. Richards recently signed for English club Chelsea FC.

In the 12th minute, Richards won a free kick 30 yards from goal but the attempt sailed over the crossbar.

In the 22nd minute, a T&T attack showed some promise but the final shot from outside the 18-yard box went over the bar.

Jamaica quickly responded, but Richards’s shot from more than 30 yards out went wide. The final pass let down the Reggae Boyz on multiple occasions.

T&T started to show more prowess going forward as the first half progressed.

Moore demonstrated his speed with a quick turn just inside the Jamaican half. Moore eventually crossed it to El Salvador-based player Jomal Williams who laid it off to Matthew Woo Ling who shot wide.

The trio of Moore, Williams and Woo Ling were often at the centre of T&T’s attacks.

Jamaica continued to go forward more than T&T and in the closing stages of the first half both Collin Anderson and Richards got chances to give Jamaica the lead but it was still 0-0 at half-time.

Like the first half, the Reggae Boyz began the second half with intensity.

In the 50th minute, Demario Phillips’s effort from 25 yards out did not trouble Phillips. The crowd voiced their frustration as the match remained 0-0. Many people may have expected Jamaica to win the two-match series as the Reggae Boyz are ranked 64th in the FIFA rankings and the Soca Warriors are 104th.

The possession was more even in the second half as T&T did a better job keeping the ball. T&T made a few substitutions in the second half with Joevin Jones, Michel Poon-Angeron, Kaile Auvray and Justin Sadoo among those being introduced.

They showed energy when coming on as they went searching for the lead. One of T&T’s best chances was when Jones’s free kick in the 77th minute just outside the box narrowly missed the target. Moore continued to cause some problems for the Jamaica defence, but he could not find a breakthrough.

Jamaica also made multiple changes in the second half, but to no avail, as the match ended 0-0.

TEAMS

Trinidad and Tobago (4-3-3): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK) (captain); 16.Alvin Jones, 4.Josiah Trimmingham, 17.Justin García, 12.Jameel Neptune; 6.Kareem Riley (8.Michel Poon-Angeron 72), 18.Matthew Woo Ling (3.Joevin Jones 72), 7.Noah Powder (24.Justin Sadoo 72); 20.Jomal Williams (15.Kaile Auvray 64), 10.Kadeem Corbin (19.Quesi Weston 64), 13.Reon Moore.

Unused substitutes: 21.Denzil Smith (GK), 22.Adrian Foncette (GK), 2.Jelani Felix, 5.Andre Raymond, 9.Nathaniel James, 11.Jomoul Francois, 14.John-Paul Rochford, 23.Jesse Williams.

Coach: Angus Eve

Jamaica (4-3-3): 13.Jahmali Waite (GK) (1.Kemar Foster (GK) 57); 20.Dexter Lembikisa, 24.Jamoi Topey, 19.Adrian Mariappa (captain) (6.Richard King 46), 5.Ricardo Thomas; 17.Jahshaun Anglin (10.Ravel Morrison 46), 7.Lamar Walker (4.Tyler Roberts 67), 8.Demario Phillips; 18.Omari Hutchinson, 25.Collin Anderson (11.Jourdaine Fletcher 67), 12.Dujuan Richards (9.Trivante Stewart 82).

Unused substitutes: 23.Asher Hutchinson (GK), 2.Alwayne Harvey, 3.Dwayne Atkinson, 14.Sue-Lae McCalla, 15.Oshana Staple, 21.Delano McCoy-Splatt, 22.Fitzroy Cummings.

Coach: Heimir Hallgrimsson
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2023, 05:06:39 PM »
for d people 'bennin' about Eve attitude
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nbXIZZe9uJY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nbXIZZe9uJY</a>
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2023, 11:26:54 AM »
Selection headache for Eve as inexperienced Soca Warriors impress
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD and Tobago men's senior football coach Angus Eve was impressed with the performance of his inexperienced team in a two-match series against Jamaica and said it may now be a difficult task to choose his best squad for future matches.

T&T won the first match 1-0 at the Catherine Hall Sports Complex in Montego Bay on Saturday and the second contest ended in a 0-0 draw at the National Stadium in Kingston.

T&T fielded mostly local-based players with many of them making their debut over the two matches.

A number of experienced players were not in the squad for the Jamaica matches including Aubrey David, Sheldon Bateau, Duane Muckette, Neveal Hackshaw and Levi Garcia.

T&T used the matches as preparation for upcoming Concacaf Nations League and Gold Cup qualifiers versus Bahamas in Nassau on March 24 and against Nicaragua on March 27 at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago.

“These guys made my job a little more difficult by the way they played over the two matches against a very competent strong international coach behind them,” Eve said in a media conference following Tuesday’s match,

“It augurs well for T&T football where the kind of expertise we played against tonight knowing that we could stand up to that and hold our own from a tactical standpoint and also from a match playing standpoint.”

Eve praised the T&T defenders and goalkeepers for not conceding any goals during the series, saying, “I thought we put down a good professional performance from a defensive standpoint.”

T&T made multiple changes in the second half on Tuesday with Joevin Jones, Michel Poon-Angeron, Kaile Auvray and Justin Sadoo among those being introduced. The attacking players who started the match showed their quality, especially Reon Moore, Jomal Williams and Matthew Woo Ling.

However, the fresh legs in the second half certainly helped as T&T looked more dangerous in the attacking third.

Eve said, “Until we made the changes in the midfield…who played the first game we really saw composure come into the team. We started to pass the ball and we started to create some chances and cause the Jamaican team some problems.”

The T&T coach felt his players coped with the Jamaican style of play which he described as a European style with long balls and playing the ball on the flanks.

Asked what was the most important takeaway from the two-match series, Eve said, “

“Jamaica league is going on (and) they had about seven or eight foreign-based players who in season…and we stood up to them in two matches. It showed that the staff did a fantastic job of preparing these players without any real match practice back home.”

Limited football has been played at the club level in T&T over the past three years because of the covid19 pandemic. Club football only resumed on Friday.

Eve did not want to pinpoint any player on his team, saying he was happy with the entire 24-man squad.

Auvray, 18, made his debut for T&T on Saturday and came off the bench in the second half of the second match.

Auvray played for St Martin against T&T earlier this year but has chosen to represent the Soca Warriors. He was born to a Trinidadian mother and a father from Guadeloupe.

The midfielder showed his quality during the matches. Auvray said, “I felt that it was a very good experience for the team and to be able to play against a strong Jamaican team twice and to show that we have the resilience to be able to get a win (was great). In the second game even though we suffered a little bit more we were still able to show that we are a strong side also and to come out on top over the two games.”

Despite being a teenager still, Auvray has also played football in France and in the US.

Comparing the styles of football, he said in the Caribbean it is physical and high intensity.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2023, 07:28:32 PM »
Thanks for the link again! (please keep them coming for the upcoming matches)! I am pleased with the performance (rarely agree with Eve when he says that, but these times I am).  Hopeful for the defense as they improved as their game minutes added up in this series. Pray they speedily get 6 International games under their belt. Auvray is a baller, Moore nearly score the identical goal again, Poon was deeper this rounds but still played well. Joevin look like he was enjoying the knock again...Long time I ent look forward to putting on muh shirt in the stands. Nice foundation to build on and I like the brand.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2023, 04:22:35 AM »
Yup the tale of two counties JAMAICA  2-2 AWAY IN MEXICO TRINIDAD AT HOME  1-1 NICARAGUA . :cursing: :cursing:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2023, 09:38:18 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ne77MYToFBw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ne77MYToFBw</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2023, 03:28:58 PM »
Thanks for this. I enjoyed this. Unfortunate we couldn't get back to level A
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>