March 28, 2024, 11:42:47 AM

Author Topic: Fire Angus Eve Thread  (Read 6550 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fire Angus Eve Thread
« on: March 27, 2023, 08:06:15 PM »
Enough is enough time for a change .. he cannot get us pass nicaragua !!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 08:10:50 PM by Trini _2026 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Fire Angus Eve Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 12:32:50 AM »
what was the score?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 03:12:02 AM »
He should have never been hired in the first place, not that it would have made a difference anyway, because not even pep G could have whipped this untechnical bunch of footballers into winners.

These lads are at best english conference league low tier players, so my advice would be to not even waste your time bitching since no one would listen or care in the least. trinidad football is outdated and backward just like the old fools who control the votes in the east west north and southern divisions. it good it good it good, and more licks to come later.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 04:20:36 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hc_aH7dGCJE&amp;t=404s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hc_aH7dGCJE&amp;t=404s</a>

Still talking bout developing local players eh leave that for the clubs
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 04:51:29 AM »
What clubs are you talking bout mate, they just started a whole new league just a few weeks ago, that after football being sidelined for almost three years due to the normalization committee and the pandemic, and as it stands the clubs could barely pay their players let alone find money to develop players.

what is needed in TT is football schools like they have in europe, the government should have build five or six schools as such in this nation, four in every region of trinidad and two in tobago where experienced developmental coaches from europe are hired to teach these children how to play football properly.

As for the clubs in this country, they are a big fat joke, they don’t even have training facilities for their club players let alone proper facilities and resources to develop young talent. If I had any input on how football should move forward would be to get the state to spring for these projects under the ministry of education since these initiatives could be quite costly, but will bare fruit in the long term.

believe you me brother, Trinidad and Tobago is one lazy complaisant nation who needs to put their money to work for them by hiring outside help, because these locals with their limited knowledge wants to control every thing but have not a single clue, and that’s our biggest impediment, we too proud to ask for good help.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 10:59:17 AM »
Might be a lil too early for this Thread. Mainly because where we are as a football nation, no league for 3 years, top players not available and wasn’t him who loss a match in Nicaragua that put us in this situation in the first place. In addition the gap in Quality between concacaf teams are shrinking. Still supporting the boys let’s at least make it to the gold cup and continue to build back up the standards of Trinidad & Tobago football.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:01:41 AM by Trinidogg »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2023, 03:04:43 PM »
Might be a lil too early for this Thread. Mainly because where we are as a football nation, no league for 3 years, top players not available and wasn’t him who loss a match in Nicaragua that put us in this situation in the first place. In addition the gap in Quality between concacaf teams are shrinking. Still supporting the boys let’s at least make it to the gold cup and continue to build back up the standards of Trinidad & Tobago football.
sure right. When fenwick who didn’t lose one game……in fact he defeated guyana and st lucia twice and drew with peurto rico and bahamas who literally parked the bus by putting 11 defenders on the 18 yard box and hindered the game just to celebrate a draw, yet we excepted no excuses from him we wanted him gone.

I believe angus should do the same thing and resign just like mr fenwick did, we don’t want no excuses just like we didn’t want none when other coaches failed, wim resigned, oto fister resigned, maturana resigned, Steven hart resigned so who is angus??

That boy ran his mouth when other coaches bummed and called for their resignation, now it’s his turn. resign angus and ASAP.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2023, 05:24:08 PM »
Trinidogg We are all supporting the boys but angus GOT TO GO !! There are no standards when it comes to player selection with him . He is not interested in expanding our player pool

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 01:31:11 AM »
Fire him and then what??? No fitball for three years, a local league that is professional in name only, nothing remotely resembling a competent development program, and  we basically in receivership. We really going to ignore harsh reality of these conditions and hire a BIG COACH in a futile attempt to get to the next world cup? No sah!

Beenhakker had Yorke, Latapy, Jones, Edwards, Shaka, Stern, Whitley and Cornell Glen. And we barely made it. Not even he could take this current lot to 2026.

Its like asking Lewis Hamilton to qualify for F1 with a 1969 Morris Minor. With no gas

We in a rebuilding phase, without the rebuilding. Lol, the patient does not need a lift and tuck, is pure cancer treatment.

Maybe the money spent on big name coaches in the last 15 years would be paying dividends had it been put into a thoughtful overhaul of the game, comprehensive youth development program, or modest facilities upgrade for 'professional' teams.

Job #1 is to sort out our financial mess. Job #2 is to clean out the old guard and bring competent people to run the game. Without this it will be decades spent in the football graveyard
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 04:13:43 AM »
ZANDOLIE EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES... who are the big name coaches ? Have you ever paid attention to angus player selection ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 04:36:14 AM »
Also, Gold Cup qualification or non-qualification comes with costs. One of those is the $$$ member associations receive for being at the dance. That is nothing to sneeze at. Have a look at the teams in the playoff pool. It would have been much more straightforward to dispatch Nicaragua. Possibly up next: Martinique, Suriname, Curacao or Grenada.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2023, 09:15:54 AM »
what is needed in TT is football schools like they have in europe, the government should have build five or six schools as such in this nation, four in every region of trinidad and two in tobago where experienced developmental coaches from europe are hired to teach these children how to play football properly.

pullstones You are 100% correct that we need schools for football. But You are 100% f--king mad to expect government to build them. Government, You say ? What about the other sports who will ask for their academies ? The private sector and people with extremely long pockets with discretionary income should be encouraged to partake in this venture. But that eh happening in this TT. One or two may come along and to do it. That will be a breadth of fresh air. But I don't see it.

The reason why we eh qualify because Angus employed the wrong tactics for the game. My pardner in TT said the first 20 mins should have been all out attack, Go for broke. F--k pretty football for that moment. We need to score,  not them. Angus had them too cautious, he told me.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2023, 10:55:20 AM »
ZANDOLIE EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES... who are the big name coaches ? Have you ever paid attention to angus player selection

What excuses. Eve has serious deficiencies as a manager. His decision making and ability to adapt on the fly appears very poor. Again, he seems to be a good coach/trainer in terms of solid defensive structure as expected in modern international football (Jamaica, Bahamas etc), but terrible in terms of his in-game tactical responsiveness.

But at this point no coach taking us to the world cup in 2026.  Lets get that out of the way. I don't see the point in hiring a big coach when we are parked near the bottom of the world not just in rankings but in governance

More energy has to be directed to building a strong federation, bolstering the local leagues and developing a  competent youth development system.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2023, 04:54:30 PM »
Zando
But at this point no coach taking us to the world cup in 2026.  Lets get that out of the way. I don't see the point in hiring a big coach when we are parked near the bottom of the world not just in rankings but in governance

More energy has to be directed to building a strong federation, bolstering the local leagues and developing a  competent youth development system.

I refuse to accept that no usa cananda mexico we could it . In the two years since angus in charge our standards went out the door   we calling a  malta league 2   player and a  second division player in india :cursing: they guys days over

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2023, 04:52:30 PM »
I get the frustration, but after firing Eve who are we relying on to select a good coach? The same people who pick Eve in the first place?

You cannot have a federation racked with spinelessness and mediocrity, and in this kind of disarray and expect to be in the upper tier in COCACAF. Whether it be senior, youth male or female.

For all of Eve's glaring faults, we have beaten Bahamas, and Jamaica at home. and tied with Nicaragua, conceding 1 goal, scoring 5. Jamaica and Nicaragua without Molino, Levi, Daniel Phillips or Muckette, arguably our most effective players.

There is no value in throwing money at a 'super coach' to play Grenada, Guyana, Puerto Rico and Suriname and ignoring the issues that have been rotting the football for well over 10 years.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 04:55:47 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2023, 10:35:48 AM »
After they get rid of a real coach in SH, it was downhill for TT football.

I refuse to supoort TTFA with these jokers at the helm. TT have so much money and intelligent minds, yet they let some corrupt sell outs control football and allow FIFA to rule them like a plantation master.

As I said from the beginning years ago, once this NC controlled by FIFA is in charge, TT football is dead... Its sabotage.

They will continue to appoint below par coaches and the selection will be horrible, so no WC...

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2023, 04:47:10 PM »
After they get rid of a real coach in SH, it was downhill for TT football.

I refuse to supoort TTFA with these jokers at the helm. TT have so much money and intelligent minds, yet they let some corrupt sell outs control football and allow FIFA to rule them like a plantation master.

As I said from the beginning years ago, once this NC controlled by FIFA is in charge, TT football is dead... Its sabotage.

They will continue to appoint below par coaches and the selection will be horrible, so no WC...

Funny yuh eh blame this coaching  on the ruling party.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2023, 06:35:07 PM »
Eve has done an excellent job on limited resources while working with an administration in transition from corruption to normality.  I like the players he has selected however we have only one that plays in a decent league and he wasn’t playing in the last two games. The players at his disposal are not in the top leagues so they will be as good as their exposure. I think the players and coaches have done well all things considered.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2023, 03:29:49 PM »
lil damo he should start looking for players we are here to win ...

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2023, 07:11:53 AM »
We need to find a few players from top leagues to add to what we have for sure.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2023, 07:30:48 PM »
RICHARDS SCORES NAH HE HAS TO GO

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2023, 09:38:02 PM »
never liked angus but this loss is not so much his fault....except that he got the starting line up way wrong especially with tristan hodge. that man had a master game vs st kitts and you sub him off, for what reason angus?

aubrey david is a turtle, you can't play him on the wing where he bums. and  the auvrey guy is a speed star, he should have started to give the  jamaican defence some work. ALL THREE GOALS WERE AS A RESULT OF A COUNTER ATTACK, i hope angus learns his lesson. anyway on too the usa, if i was him i go for broke, nothing to lose.

oh i almost forgot, who the FRANCE gives an attack so much time to take a shot on goal, and no one bothered to close him down...yes!! richards on that last goal, what a sloppy performance.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2023, 01:19:07 PM »
richards on that last goal, what a sloppy performance.

It appears to me that the shot was going directly to Fenderup when it ricocheted of the defender's foot. But You are correct that someone should have closed in on him

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2023, 03:00:56 PM »
It appears to me that the shot was going directly to Fenderup when it ricocheted of the defender's foot. But You are correct that someone should have closed in on him

Endorsed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 03:03:08 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2023, 09:34:58 PM »
this dude fears failure, but not realizing he precipitatin d failure with he fear....... :frustrated: this team would do better if they were allowed to play more positive football
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2023, 08:10:50 AM »
This team alone? Allyuh witnessing duplication and treating it as a singular occurrence. Some of the features of this NT were evident in the U-20 tournament.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2023, 08:17:51 AM »
wrong day to get into this negative vibes, but eve "nobody expected us to get out of this group" comments after the jamaica loss.... reeks of same old "excuses eve". smh. moved his lips to the tune of "taking responsibility" for the loss, but never really did -- is the players who shittier than their jamaica / us counterparts etc.  [eve are you shittier than your jamaican / us counterpart?] Where is the we? win and lose together.

Captains!! -- Levi, JJ, Molino
Captains!! -- Alvin, Auvrey, Sheldon
Captains!! -- Hackshaw, Hodge
Captains -- Auvray, Shaw

the fans looking to you and we believe in you to lead us all the way.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2023, 07:04:21 PM »
I really really reallllly hope Eve is fired. The TTFA has yet again let down a crop of talented players…it’s unfortunate that our football has long long been in disarray and those responsible for improving our football are incompetent, literally taking away opportunities from the talented youths. It’s a sin, a crime!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2023, 03:54:11 AM »
wrong day to get into this negative vibes, but eve "nobody expected us to get out of this group" comments after the jamaica loss.... reeks of same old "excuses eve". smh. moved his lips to the tune of "taking responsibility" for the loss, but never really did -- is the players who shittier than their jamaica / us counterparts etc.  [eve are you shittier than your jamaican / us counterpart?] Where is the we? win and lose together.

Captains!! -- Levi, JJ, Molino
Captains!! -- Alvin, Auvrey, Sheldon
Captains!! -- Hackshaw, Hodge
Captains -- Auvray, Shaw

the fans looking to you and we believe in you to lead us all the way.
eve is a rubbish coach hands down, and by your logic nobody expects us to get out of the group so just throw caution to the wind and in the process get routed by jamaica and a second string MLS team, that is where we reach, is that acceptable?

he had the same game plan as he did with jamaica, hope to score first then fall back and defend, when with a team like the usa you have to play with three defenders and flood the midfield with tacklers. every one knows that TT plays horribly with a 4 line back defense, and you could see the pattern of how they conceded in every game.

it's either they have too many players in the box or not enough at all, and that's because they never had a coach to properly organize their defense.

as it stands what we need is for those monkeys down there to revisit the advice of benhakker and wim and properly develop players and their league, just as how the usa did, and it took them 30 years to accomplish their goal, but now their labor is bearing fruit.

so stop with the excuses, angus, hate to say it mate but you're not ready for this level of competition, just like lawrence and latapy, so go back and gain some experience in a proper league and come again. hiring these inexperienced OJT local coaches just to cut corners has been a feature of our lazy cluelss federation heads, and it has proven to be a total embarrassment to our nation's image and the morale of the players and fans, that's why our stadiums are empty.

what we need is to develop our own players, build a solid league and spend money on the sport....which includes getting an experienced tactician to coach our MNT, and it will in turn pay back dividends down the road, as the saying goes, no pain no gain.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 04:03:53 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2023, 04:11:35 AM »
I really really reallllly hope Eve is fired. The TTFA has yet again let down a crop of talented players…it’s unfortunate that our football has long long been in disarray and those responsible for improving our football are incompetent, literally taking away opportunities from the talented youths. It’s a sin, a crime!
what's even worst is that from james to warner and camps to DJW, they have never once approached the government to build schools geared especially towards football the number one sport in the country.

how could you compete with people who are spending hundreds of millions on sports? just look at TT sporting disciplines, they are all lagging behind. basketball, hockey, track and field, football, netball, you name it, we can't compete with people outside of the caribbean, they always show us up as laughable.

1]; } ?>