April 27, 2024, 08:19:27 AM

Author Topic: 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup Thread  (Read 12360 times)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2023, 06:29:58 PM »
I was expecting a big clash between two big Caribbean sides. Trinidad didn’t show up in the first half. I want to see a more competitive second half.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2023, 06:33:30 PM »
Somebody tell Eve, that Patrick Vieira looking for a wok  :pissedoff:

What Vieira do you?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2023, 06:34:17 PM »
1 868 I am thinking the same thing ...Patrick may be a good coach for us .
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2023, 06:37:40 PM »
Eve get more exposed than an ostrich bottom

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2023, 06:42:18 PM »
TTFF could afford Vieira??? Real talk them fellas look lost out there 3 open net goals. Jamaica has all the space in the world to do what ever they like. Second half must put up a fight.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2023, 06:43:05 PM »
1 868 I am thinking the same thing ...Patrick may be a good coach for us .

Well, Sunday! Tell him reach.   :)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2023, 06:45:37 PM »
The comeback is on!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2023, 06:52:09 PM »
Angus  play levi on wing shaw as a center forward  .he took out shaw awrrrrrrrrrrr
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2023, 06:54:33 PM »
Maybe Corbin gets a sniff tonight.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2023, 07:00:11 PM »
Ah would ah send JJ a jet ski if that pass had threaded to Alvin.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2023, 07:09:51 PM »
Some of our player look like laborers you can just tell the difference in quality when compared to those Jamaican players

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2023, 07:30:57 PM »
Eve got it totally wrong tonight.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2023, 07:33:06 PM »
This match was lost at the time when Eve handed out the starting lineup :banginghead:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2023, 07:34:08 PM »
Total F&ckery
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2023, 07:37:40 PM »
We look most threatening when levi is on the wing

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2023, 07:42:49 PM »
  trini_stallion how many times  eve got it right? 

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2023, 08:05:51 PM »
True…i don’t understand how in a must win game to advance, Molino, & JJ, warming bench…Gomez was just running around aimlessly…and Molik Khan came in to ball watch…

Very disappointing
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2023, 08:06:19 PM »
Thank you Levi! good fight to the end! Thanks team! Thanks for the 2nd half fight in particular. I hope Eve takes the lessons from this into the next game. Can't coward your way to victory. Let's go for it!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2023, 08:09:08 PM »
Hope Angus is man enough to own up to have gotten it wrong, dead wrong in parts of the game especially the first half
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2023, 08:54:21 PM »
Let me guess we lost because Eve decided to be a pussy... um ah mean be pragmatic
I pity the fool....

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2023, 09:30:04 PM »
haha, i told you guys not to expect too much. anyhow you all may not agree with me but it was all the left back and the goal keepers fault, on the first goal the man ran out of his line just to give the attacker an easier chance.

and this is what bugs me about our keepers, they tend to panic very easily, had he held his line both with baily and grey and trust his defenders to fix the problem then those soft goals would not have scored.

as for the attack, angus got it way wrong, but he fixed the problem in the 2dn half and had us playing some good ball, its just that we lacked quality in the final third. BTW molino is just a fraction of his old self and angus was right for not starting him, as for levi garcia, that man frustrates me so.

he gets in a scoring position and freezes up. jovin, hackshaw and hodges has a great game, but i have to say that we would never live this loss down, not from jamaica, theyre not 4 goals better than us, usa maybe.... but not jamaica. if we had better attackers we could have beaten them.

and i stand by my observation, those goals were all goal keeper jitters. frenderup dissappointed my sore. real amateur goal keeping at best.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2023, 10:42:31 PM »
Levi, our best player need the ball at his feet more. I think he should be wide where he'll be more dangerous going to goal. Playing on top with your back to goal can be a lonely place when you're not getting the right service. USA will play him the same way as JA did at center forward where he'll be marked tightly and will be on the ground most times the ball comes his way.
Maybe fitness is the issue but JJ and Molino has a certain level of confidence and poise on the ball that many other lack at the moment. Their maturity stood out in the 2nd half. We need to see more of that from the others.
It was disappointing to see us give up 3 goals that early in the game to our rival. We gave up too much space to our opponents and they took advantage of it.
Our backs are against the wall now, we have to win on Sunday and with the right attitude, discipline and mindset we can do it.
I don't like to blame the coach when I don't know what's going on in the camp but we need to get the right unit out there putting players in positions to play to their strengths.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2023, 12:15:05 AM »
Levi, our best player need the ball at his feet more. I think he should be wide where he'll be more dangerous going to goal. Playing on top with your back to goal can be a lonely place when you're not getting the right service. USA will play him the same way as JA did at center forward where he'll be marked tightly and will be on the ground most times the ball comes his way.
Maybe fitness is the issue but JJ and Molino has a certain level of confidence and poise on the ball that many other lack at the moment. Their maturity stood out in the 2nd half. We need to see more of that from the others.
It was disappointing to see us give up 3 goals that early in the game to our rival. We gave up too much space to our opponents and they took advantage of it.
Our backs are against the wall now, we have to win on Sunday and with the right attitude, discipline and mindset we can do it.
I don't like to blame the coach when I don't know what's going on in the camp but we need to get the right unit out there putting players in positions to play to their strengths.
all those goals were due to ball watching, and on the first three we were hit with counter attacks that caught our defense out of shape, out of position and flat footed. on the first goal four players were tackling one attacker with the ball while leaving the other two attackers unmarked, on the second goal Bailey beat the off side trap on a very high line, what was angus thinking? he left the GK no time to react, on the third goal ball watching again came into the equation leaving a dangerous epl player free and unmarked.

BTW the referee was also culpable for two of the goals which all came after obvious fouls, the first foul was committed on Shaw when he was pushed off the ball to the ground, play should have been stopped, the second was when ajani was hacked down but the ref allowed it to continue. Very poor officiating cost us the game.

I continue to say that concacaf has the worst referees in the whole of fifa, just ask Qatar’s coach, and it  gets worst with each passing year. No shame. and another thing, the goalie is a panicker, you can’t win games with presumptuous goal keeping, your custodians must be very sharp, skilled and confident like turner and navas, boy do we need a keeper with the caliber of those two top notch guys.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:19:47 AM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2023, 01:11:59 AM »
Reggae Boyz whip Soca Warriors 4-1.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Two goals from Demarai Ramelle Gray on only his second appearance for Jamaica's Reggae Boyz Wednesday night confined the T&T Soca Warriors to their first defeat in Group A of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, 4-1 at the City Park in Missouri, USA.

The result means the Soca Warriors will have to beat the host and defending champions United States when the teams meet on Sunday (July 2) at the Bank of American Stadium.

USA, fielding a second-rated team for the tournament, was scheduled to meet St Kitts and Nevis in the other group match last night.

Coach Angus Eve's men struggled to cope with the physical strength and pace of their regional rival from as early as the second minute of play when Bobby Reid raced into the T&T's goal area from a cheeky back-heel by Michail Antonio that put him on a one-on-one with Nicklas Frenderup in the T&T goal but from a semi-acute angel, Reid fired his shot into the side nettings.

Later though, they would not be denied the opening goal in the 14th minute. Antonio, holding off his marker with the ball in the centre of the T&T defence, then released to Leon Bailey, who quickly picked out Gray free on the left side to take aim and lash the ball past Frenderup into the vacant far-post for a 1-0 lead.

The Warriors, still trying to find its way in the encounter, went further behind in the 17th minute, as their defence failed to pick up Bailey from a long lifted ball over the top of the defence which put Bailey on a one-on-one with Frenderup.

With the goal at his mercy, Bailey drilled his left footer hard and low past Frenderup into the bottom left corner for a 2-0 advantage.

T&T, who defeated the Jamaicans in an international friendly match early this year, failed to replicate the attacking prowess in the first half of play. That, coupled with a shaky defence, led to the Jamaican's third goal in the 30th minute.

This time, Antonio overrode a battling challenge by Kareem Moses in the T&T goal area and released to the unmarked Gray to get his second goal of the night with a simple tap in for a 3-0 lead. The match, dubbed the Caribbean "Classico", had gone all in favour of the Reggae Boyz in the first half and when the teams returned to the field in the second session, it looked like a different T&T team.

Coach Eve, needing to get a result from the match, brought in Kaile Auvray, who peppered the Nicaraguan defence in the CONCACAF Nations League in Tobago in March as well as Joevin Jones and Tristan Hodge.

It proved to have worked for the Warriors when Garcia, on the right side of the Jamaican defence, beat his marker for pace to the byline before centring for Andre Rampersad to back-heel the ball into the Jamaican goal for a 3-1 scoreline.

The goal gave the Warriors hope and for the first time, Eve's men attempted to keep the ball and create rare troubles for the Reggae Boyz. However, the men in red, white and black, in spite of their obvious desire to attack, would have only the heavens to thank as a couple of defensive blunders gave the Jamaicans at least two opportunities to seal the win.

In the first in the 64th minute, Shamar Nicholson was put through with a one-on-one with Frenderup, but his attempt at the far post was somehow pushed wide by the T&T custodian.

A minute later, Damion Lowe with a searching run down the right side, centred for the unmarked Bailey, who hit the ball wide of the open target.

However, the T&T defence could do nothing when Dujuan Richards exploited the space given by the local defenders, and his powerful grounder took a deflection off Moses before flying past Frenderup for a 4-1 victory.

The result put the Jamaicans in the top position in the group with four points, and they would feel confident of progressing to the next of the competition with the next match being against S Kitts and Nevis.

The Warriors, on the other hand, will have to reproduce the performance that earned them a 2-1 win over the US in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva in 2017.

(Teams)

Trinidad and Tobago (5-4-1): 21.Nicklas Frenderup (GK); 16.Alvin Jones, 4.Sheldon Bateau, 2.Aubrey David (18.Triston Hodge 46), 12.Kareem Moses, 14.Shannon Gomez (23.Molik Khan 75); 19.Malcolm Shaw (20.Kaïlé Auvray 46), 17.Andre Rampersad (10.Kevin Molino 63), 15.Neveal Hackshaw, 8.Ajani Fortune (3.Joevin Jones 46); 11.Levi Garcia (captain).

Substitutes: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK), 22.Denzil Smith (GK), 5.Leland Archer, 6.Luke Singh, 7.Ryan Telfer, 9.Kadeem Corbin, 13.Real Gill.

Coach: Angus Eve

Jamaica (4-3-3): 1.Andre Blake (GK) (captain); 21.Javain Brown (8.Daniel Johnson 61), 6.Di’shon Bernard, 17.Damion Lowe, 20.Kemar Lawrence (2.Dexter Lembikisa 46); 3.Kevon Lambert, 15.Joel Latibeaudiere, 10.Bobby Reid (11.Shamar Nicholson 61); 7.Leon Bailey (14.Dujuan Richards 81), 18.Michail Antonio (9.Cory Burke 75), 12.Demarai Gray.

Unused substitutes: 13.Coniah Boyce-Clarke (GK), 23.Jahmali Waite (GK), 4.Amari’i Bell, 16.Kaheem Parris, 19.Adrian Mariappa, 22.Jonathan Russell.

Coach: Heimir Hallgrimsson

Referee: Fernando Guerra (Mexico)

Group A Results

Jamaica 4 (Demarai Gray 14, 30, Leon Bailey 18, Dujuan Richards 90+2), Trinidad and Tobago 1 (Andre Rampersad 49)

United States 6 (Djorde Mihailovic 12, 79, Bryan Reynolds 14, Jesus Ferreira 16, 25, 50), Saint Kitts and Nevis 0

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2023, 01:33:10 AM »
Watch all de seed wheh you ah sow
cyah plant corn an' ah peas yuh waan fi ...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2023, 04:12:12 AM »
Pull stones don't dismiss the goals  boy jamaica tranasition from defense to attack was so good and  fast     .I have never seen a jamaican team like this.   How many chances did we create btw Jamaica  they could have hammered us.!!!   that forced a save from their goalie ? This jamaican  team led USA could have won  also were leading mexico in azteca who has to come from behind to tie.

btw everyone was fully fit in the press conference the days before the match  . go to 1:23  But  then molino and auvray  etc had knocks that why the did not start  ...   ::) ::) AS A FAN  I AM FED UP
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iX3C18TDcxk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iX3C18TDcxk</a>
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 06:22:08 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2023, 06:25:43 AM »
 Jamaica coach view
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RrEJLYoWnzQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RrEJLYoWnzQ</a>

Angus eve big name players scare us   ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yjXVZjIdQJU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yjXVZjIdQJU</a>
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 06:32:21 AM by Trini _2026 »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2023, 08:39:39 AM »
I'm sort of discouraged that Eve didn't acknowledge / delve enough into the fact that (and no reporters made him address that) even in the 2nd half, we were deficient  -- if the whole game were played that way, most likely we would have come out a 3-1 down or something like that.  [in-game adjustments have to be better].

(Oh: "Big name players frighten the players").

I  hope he does realize what it is and fixes. I like that he didn't hedge this time early on and said on the record the goal is to get to the quarter final stage. That now means beating the US. 
As the Shaw interview suggested, everybody comfortable, practiced and know what to do when they play the ball on the ground [and Auvray, Jones, Molino (used to be Poon and Muckette as well) -- 2 out of 3 at least] could hold the ball with a midfielder or two on their backs, yet still make a good pass (Messi being the paradigm for this). No half-hearted park the bus BS, can't get the ball out of the back - so hoof the ball - long ball crap. Don't play the US like that please, cuz I sure it will be 4 again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:45:24 AM by kounty »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2023, 09:03:38 AM »
Jamaica took their foot off the pedal after the third goal, we didn't deserve anything from this game, misplaced balls at the back losing possession in our half trying to play out the back. On the first goal fortune had an easy pass back to the wing back, instead he want to try to turn on his marker. That is boneheaded football. The 2nd goal our defender I think was Bateau is keeping Bailey onside and he is the man raising his hand hoping for a whistle. Jamaica playing with 4 sharp attackers, Gray, Bailey, Reid and Antonio and we were woefully indisciplined.
Even in the 2nd half we passing out the back to men in the middle who well marked sometimes by 2 opponents. I saw the same attempted ball from the back to Levi's feet get cut out by his marker 3 times. After the first time it is Levi's fault for not moving to the ball. Yes he did better every time he was wide.
I was surprised that Telfer did not play in this game.
I watched this game with a Jamaican friend so it was even more annoying when he raving about Dujuan whisper scoring the 4th bullshit deflected goal
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 09:09:28 AM by Peong »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2023, 10:44:16 AM »

“Names seemed to have scared us!” Eve bemoans “soft goals” as T&T thumped 4-1 by Jamaica
Lasana Liburd Wednesday 28 June 2023

The Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team were second best in a Caribbean derby at the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup tonight, as they fell 4-1 to Jamaica in Group A action at CityPark in Missouri.

The Soca Warriors could have advanced to the knockout stage for the first time in eight years with a win tonight, but it was always going to be a tough task against a star-studded Jamaican team. And, in the end, it was a comfortable and comprehensive result for the “Reggae Boyz”.

https://wired868.com/2023/06/28/names-seemed-to-have-scared-us-eve-bemoans-soft-goals-as-tt-thumped-4-1-by-jamaica/

1]; } ?>