March 28, 2024, 05:51:50 AM

Author Topic: What do you all think of Carlos Edwards?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
What do you all think of Carlos Edwards?
« on: November 13, 2005, 07:42:15 AM »
Carlos Edwards was a waste of time and all the jacks in the stand giving him support when he do a lil 'beat' and don't go anywhere but into a Bahrain 'jam'. The announcer said the crowd was 24900 something like that, he should have asked the question How many people here for the first time? or Who is Trinidad's captain? and see how much out of the attendees would have known. I was lucky to get a ticket so i was down there again and that crowd was just poor during the game, all they were studying was 'liming', they had the most energy to jump up to Maximus, Destra and the rest but when game start, they just there and when Carlos do a shit beat they cheer and get up then when he get jam they just sit back down. As one man put it, "We're a good times crowd"
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: What do you all think of Carlos Edwards?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:26:18 AM »
RIGHT NOW IT IS A CONFUSION AS TO WHETHER BIRCHALL SHOULD TAKE CARLOS'S PLACE BECAUSE BIRCHALL IS BY FAR THE BETTER DELIVERER HOWEVER CARLOS IS FAR BETTER ON HIS FEET SKILLWISE WHICH ALLOWS HIM TO GET FREE BUT WHEN HE IS READY TO PUT THE CROSS IN IT IS POOR.....THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE IS NOT A REGULAR WINGER FOR HIS CLUB IN ENGLAND, HE IS A DEFENDER SO HE IS NOT SPECIFICALLY TRAINED OTHER THAT IN T&T TO CROSS BALL LIKE HOW BIRCHALL CROSSES THE BALL. BIRCHALL IS A NATURAL WINGER ,,,,,
IF ONLY THOSE TWO COULD COMBINE INTO ONE PERSON DEN WE WOULD HAVE A BOSS WINGER

nuff said

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:27:43 AM »
Birchall send a nice cross for tallman in the first half

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 08:33:25 AM »
carlos should look to cut the ball back sometimes  instead of crossing it stern john was well marked actually he was marked out of the game. Also they should try to set birchall up to take more shots on goal HE CAN SHOOT.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 08:34:32 AM »
Edwards try to beat too much in this game..he was still burning men and ting...but the man have to learn how to deliver a flecking cross boy.....He will play better in the next game..mark my words...

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 08:39:23 AM »
nah de man is a good player  he just didnt have the most productive of games
maybe he felt it was a big game and he needed to step up and do more than he normally does
but anyway he still beat pass men and thing so all we need is a good final ball from him and we set. give de man a break

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 08:42:11 AM »
hear nah...i eh lying...allyuh is some real JACKASS sometimes......de man had a substandard game.....last time he was brilliant.....now yuh asking if he good.....fellas...fellas
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:06:34 AM »
Carlos' performance, two words..."over dribbling"

On this level is beat one and a propper cross. 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 09:10:29 AM »
Allyuh ever think that part of de reason Carlos had to beat so much is because he had no flikkin SUPPORT?  Silvio Spann had almost as bad a game as Avery John today.  He looked completely out of it and unlike the Guatemala game where he and Carlos were interchanging well, he looked totally clueless out there.

Matter of fact, most of our players had NO SUPPORT from their teammates when they got the ball.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 09:15:36 AM »
Allyuh ever think that part of de reason Carlos had to beat so much is because he had no flikkin SUPPORT?  Silvio Spann had almost as bad a game as Avery John today.  He looked completely out of it and unlike the Guatemala game where he and Carlos were interchanging well, he looked totally clueless out there.

Matter of fact, most of our players had NO SUPPORT from their teammates when they got the ball.

Beat forward and not back, beat one to get out of trouble not 2 and 3 to look good. Beat forward and cross it, if the forward not there, that's a hard luck but don't beat and don't cross or cross a pack of shit. >:(

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 09:15:58 AM »
Birchall send a nice cross for tallman in the first half
LOL.
but on a serious note on the right I think the right decision would be to stick with edwards, on the right

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 09:18:12 AM »
RIGHT NOW IT IS A CONFUSION AS TO WHETHER BIRCHALL SHOULD TAKE CARLOS'S PLACE BECAUSE BIRCHALL IS BY FAR THE BETTER DELIVERER HOWEVER CARLOS IS FAR BETTER ON HIS FEET SKILLWISE WHICH ALLOWS HIM TO GET FREE BUT WHEN HE IS READY TO PUT THE CROSS IN IT IS POOR.....THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE IS NOT A REGULAR WINGER FOR HIS CLUB IN ENGLAND, HE IS A DEFENDER SO HE IS NOT SPECIFICALLY TRAINED OTHER THAT IN T&T TO CROSS BALL LIKE HOW BIRCHALL CROSSES THE BALL. BIRCHALL IS A NATURAL WINGER ,,,,,
IF ONLY THOSE TWO COULD COMBINE INTO ONE PERSON DEN WE WOULD HAVE A BOSS WINGER

nuff said

Good suggestion! Why dont you pass that idea to Beenhakker? :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 09:23:27 AM »

Beat forward and not back, beat one to get out of trouble not 2 and 3 to look good. Beat forward and cross it, if the forward not there, that's a hard luck but don't beat and don't cross or cross a pack of shit. >:(

His crossing was not up to par..that's very true FATZ.  But I honestly believe he felt he had to beat because there simply was no support for him to pass the ball to.  Carlos was on his own most times breds.  Again...just my opinion.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 09:44:20 AM »
At least Edwards play with heart and hustle. De man was hitting Bah lef back some jam to even make his own plays. Always ran back and cover for Spann (especially in the latter stages of the 1st half). He showed up last night and tried to do some damage. He fought and he was ever-present...he didn't hide and he didn't shirk his responsibilities which is more than I can say for most of the soca warriors last night. He did some things wrong..but he did a lot right. His crossing wasn't good..but then again it is ahrd to cross well when we have on man in the 18 yard box. And all you have to do is go back to the Mexico game and realize what he can do...so do be so short sighted...we have another 90 minutes to play and to drop Carlos would be a big mistake

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 09:48:05 AM »
i agree filho
allyuh know d squad does read dis righ thru
we had a bad game
daz why dis is a playoff
carlos was dece, not great.
but he has another opp to be great
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 09:51:10 AM »

His crossing was not up to par..that's very true FATZ.  But I honestly believe he felt he had to beat because there simply was no support for him to pass the ball to.  Carlos was on his own most times breds.  Again...just my opinion.

Respect palos but wouldn't it be better to swing it in the box a few times with one man or none at all there in the 18 but close to the 18 than to not swing it at all?? That would put the defense under pressure and lead to mistakes and also tell our FORWARD(yes 1 forward we had in that game against a side like Bahrain) to get in there even if he doesn't reach the cross. That Bahrain defense was worse than T&Ts defense. There was one where Carlos got inside the 18, near the six yard box and he fluff some kinda shot when he had a cut back to latas or Stern on the far post. Right now this is the only place i could release the stress since i couldn't even talk with anyone during the game because there were mainly females who were around me in teh stands who didn't even know the game and the few fellas were only interested in wining on the females and chatting with them during the game.. it was sad for me, i went with one partner since noone else got tickets and he went on a next beat to check some 'freak' by the scoreboard, that's his words exactly. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 09:55:59 AM »
Allyuh ever think that part of de reason Carlos had to beat so much is because he had no flikkin SUPPORT? Silvio Spann had almost as bad a game as Avery John today. He looked completely out of it and unlike the Guatemala game where he and Carlos were interchanging well, he looked totally clueless out there.

I totally agree wit Palos.  Allyuh didn't see how we had hardly had men in the last third of the field?  Edwards woulda been much more productive if Latapy or Yorke woulda show themselves in that area between the wing and the top of the box.  Every time Edwards run up all he had was Stern to pass to.

And when Yorke finally make a run in de box Edwards hit him a lil chip pass and Yorke play a dangerous ball across the box.  But that was close to the half and it look like they forget about that kinda play in the 2nd.

Doh talk about Carlos when we had men who were invisible on that field.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 10:01:39 AM »
Right now this is the only place i could release the stress since i couldn't even talk with anyone during the game because there were mainly females who were around me in teh stands who didn't even know the game and the few fellas were only interested in wining on the females and chatting with them during the game.. it was sad for me, i went with one partner since noone else got tickets and he went on a next beat to check some 'freak' by the scoreboard, that's his words exactly. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have to say ah real happy fuh yuh dat yuh was able to get a ticket because ah did feel yuh pain when yuh post yuh didn't get one when yuh did line up.  Seem like it wasn't de experience we was all hopin for but even doh I disapoointed to de point of blasted vex wit de team performance, we still have 1 more game to go.  Hopefully we pull it off.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 10:06:04 AM »
Let me tell you this, we should have scored in theat first 10 because Carlos dribble his marker and toe punch to the keeper when latas was wide open to just tap the ball in from point blank. THAT PISSED ME OFF.
He did hustle the game though but one beat too many sometimes

Simple football and we would have been up 1
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 10:17:32 AM by grskywalker »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 10:13:38 AM »
Right now this is the only place i could release the stress since i couldn't even talk with anyone during the game because there were mainly females who were around me in teh stands who didn't even know the game and the few fellas were only interested in wining on the females and chatting with them during the game.. it was sad for me, i went with one partner since noone else got tickets and he went on a next beat to check some 'freak' by the scoreboard, that's his words exactly. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have to say ah real happy fuh yuh dat yuh was able to get a ticket because ah did feel yuh pain when yuh post yuh didn't get one when yuh did line up.  Seem like it wasn't de experience we was all hopin for but even doh I disapoointed to de point of blasted vex wit de team performance, we still have 1 more game to go.  Hopefully we pull it off.

Boy, my fiancé win that ticket in a raffle at her job and didn't tell me until Friday night after i sulk whole day Friday because i was in line and didn't get tickets for the crew so she said i could take it and go alone. I told her i would have sold it but she said it was no scene to go alone :) :) so i was there. I will be glued to the 27" on Wednesday..doh mind, i in Bahrain in heart and spirit, right now i surviving on a respirator as my heart in a cooler of ice on the plane... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 10:13:55 AM »
There was one where Carlos got inside the 18, near the six yard box and he fluff some kinda shot when he had a cut back to latas or Stern on the far post......

BUT..dat was de same play when Carlos actually hustle...hit the left back a jam..and had to stretch and beat a second man....cause after the jam the ball was never fully in his control and he end up poking the ball on the stretch towards goal instead of getting a good pass to Latas who was free. It was all his hard work from out of absolutely nothing and he just couldn't control the ball properly and was always on the stretch...then again, I also had the benefit of instant replay. I'll say it again...Carlos came out to flicking play and left real blood on the field...I eh faulting him for execution..cause he show he ready to step up when the pressure is on. He will get the crosses right in Bahrain...and if de others give him more support he will not hold on to the ball so long. by the way...God bless Whitley. Every game he improves by leaps and bounds. Is almost like he realize that this international sweat eh no big thing....and bless Birchall shot...dat man bullet is always on target

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 10:16:08 AM »
Let me tell you this, we should have scored in theat first 10 because Carlos dribble his marker and to punch to the keeper when latas was wide open to just tap the ball in from point blank. THAT PISSED ME OFF.

The reason why Carlos toe punch to de keeper instead of passin it to Latas is because after he got past the Bahraini defender, his nex touch the ball slightly get away from him and he had to stretch for the ball jes to get it before the nex Bahraini defender.

The wonders of Television replay at work.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 10:27:44 AM »
Let me tell you this, we should have scored in theat first 10 because Carlos dribble his marker and to punch to the keeper when latas was wide open to just tap the ball in from point blank. THAT PISSED ME OFF.

The reason why Carlos toe punch to de keeper instead of passin it to Latas is because after he got past the Bahraini defender, his nex touch the ball slightly get away from him and he had to stretch for the ball jes to get it before the nex Bahraini defender.

The wonders of Television replay at work.

red man..we waiting 4 your NFL picks eh!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 10:59:53 AM »
Carlos better be careful to label himself another Evans Wise.  De end product of a winger's job is crosses, and he didn't do that yesterday.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 11:06:36 AM »
Carlos Edwards is a very talentd player and a player who  would deliver for us. Yes we have to be critical of each player, then  the fault of Carlos is that last night it appears that he was trying to much on his own to make something happen.

Maybe 'beating' get out of trouble and dish off sooner would have been better in many instances but folks, let's not denegrate the man for trying to make things happen.

Lesson learned: Leh we move on. LET'S HOPE ON WEDNESDAY, THE MAN FREE  the ball  UP FASTER.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 12:28:08 PM »
Carlos did good up until the crosses he did all the hard work and then let himself down with the crosses (the easy part). I think he should play. I never fancied him but he showed he can get up and down the sideline. He just need to work on the crosses.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 12:33:40 PM »
WAGGONIST TAKE OVER THE BOARD :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 01:21:10 PM »
for real morvant and big magic.  wans't carlos fault.  1 ting the fox comentry team get right is athe comment on lcack of movement off the ball.  I kinda glad too eh, cuz like dem boy and dem doh wake up until dey down..and now they going in down...so I expecting a game like the last mexico game.

Offline Trini2dabone

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 01:37:29 PM »
I think he is a rell good player....good with the ball dem mans from Bahrain couldn't touch da balll

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 02:24:55 PM »
He dribbles well, once he dribbling in attack and NOT IN DEFENSE then I cool with that. Could cross the ball a bit better.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>