March 28, 2024, 07:15:19 AM

Author Topic: What do you all think of Carlos Edwards?  (Read 5579 times)

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What do you all think of Carlos Edwards?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 04:17:47 PM »
eh watch na carlos is a boss ...he dribble and created countless ooputunitoes for himself and the teamon a whole last nyte ..... yes his crosses were not great ...buut the man had no support wat-so-eva last night jed ....after he baet one man ...... no1 was dere so he hadda beat again ....lewwe doh knock the man please cuz he was also defending unlike most of the other players and defending hard and well to .....so doh knock him ...hes a man hah tha righ flank lock down.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 04:30:56 PM »
Allyuh ever think that part of de reason Carlos had to beat so much is because he had no flikkin SUPPORT?  Silvio Spann had almost as bad a game as Avery John today.  He looked completely out of it and unlike the Guatemala game where he and Carlos were interchanging well, he looked totally clueless out there.

Matter of fact, most of our players had NO SUPPORT from their teammates when they got the ball.

yes he lacked support from Spann but there was no one in the box on several occasions. Edwards had to beat to wait for support to come.
i did not think he did badly but I agree sometimes he can cross earlier and see if he can release Stern.

Offline Dreded Star

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 04:47:53 PM »
da man is a wate yes.
he coulda make de warriors dem win buh da man rel mess up.
dem coulda sub he in de forst freakin 10mins ah de game.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 04:55:48 PM »
I THINK THIS QUESTION SHOULD BE REPRHASED BECAUSE DEY HAVE PLENTY PPL HERE DAT DONT RELLY KNOW BOUT FOOTBALL

LEMME REPHRASE IT
WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF CARLOS EDWARDS IN A RIGHT WING POSITION

YES HE DRIBBLES BEAUTIFULLY , AND FINDS SPACE FOR HIMSELF BUT WITHOUT PROPER CROSSES, IT ALL ADDS UP TO NOTHING..........
BIRCHALL IS BY FAR THE BETTER CROSSER OF THE BALL HOWEVER HE DOES NOT POSSES THE DRIBBLING TALENT AS CARLOS

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 04:59:36 PM »
I THINK THIS QUESTION SHOULD BE REPRHASED BECAUSE DEY HAVE PLENTY PPL HERE DAT DONT RELLY KNOW BOUT FOOTBALL

LEMME REPHRASE IT

YES HE DRIBBLES BEAUTIFULLY , AND FINDS SPACE FOR HIMSELF BUT WITHOUT PROPER CROSSES, IT ALL ADDS UP TO NOTHING..........
BIRCHALL IS BY FAR THE BETTER CROSSER OF THE BALL HOWEVER HE DOES NOT POSSES THE DRIBBLING TALENT AS CARLOS

spalk you in bahrain. in the morning i trying to link with everybody
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 09:12:11 PM »
Carlos getting a fat contract after the World Cup, de man is a boss player!

Carlos Edwards was a waste of time and all the jacks in the stand giving him support when he do a lil 'beat' and don't go anywhere but into a Bahrain 'jam'. The announcer said the crowd was 24900 something like that, he should have asked the question How many people here for the first time? or Who is Trinidad's captain? and see how much out of the attendees would have known. I was lucky to get a ticket so i was down there again and that crowd was just poor during the game, all they were studying was 'liming', they had the most energy to jump up to Maximus, Destra and the rest but when game start, they just there and when Carlos do a shit beat they cheer and get up then when he get jam they just sit back down. As one man put it, "We're a good times crowd"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 10:02:31 PM »
Allyuh ever think that part of de reason Carlos had to beat so much is because he had no flikkin SUPPORT?  Silvio Spann had almost as bad a game as Avery John today.  He looked completely out of it and unlike the Guatemala game where he and Carlos were interchanging well, he looked totally clueless out there.

Matter of fact, most of our players had NO SUPPORT from their teammates when they got the ball.

correct. this looked like the t&t of all with the long ball and lack of support/runs. carlos wasnt the only one.
Hart for president

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2005, 10:05:22 PM »

LEMME REPHRASE IT

if was Birchall playin right side, he would not have had the ball to make the crosses.he woulda jus be runnin back to help with the counter..Edwards made space to make the crosses and then had to make dem under pressure, he did not lose much possession due to dribbling, buh  tryin to hit 1 (who try to sneak in) in middle ah 5 man, with 1 or 2 comin up yuh arse, tell meh who does make that fantatic play in this world nah ? Man sayin he should jus drop it in to give the defense horrors, well he did, he drop it where they weren't..Unfortunately, when yuh only have one man in dey, chances are he not dey neither..Edwards was always in position, he did his job, and made things happen...If yuh read this Mr. Edwards, play jus so, BeenE go fix the rest.

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2005, 10:20:11 PM »
carlos if yuh read this DO NO CHANGE ANYTHING ....U PLAYED LIKE AH BOSS  AND U DEFENDED AND PLAYED PHYSICAKL TO BUT U HAD NO HELP .....TELL MR. WHITLEY HE PLAYED EXTREMELY WELL TOO ... AND U AND HIM KEPT IT TOGETHER LAST NYTE.....

LEWWE GEH A TOTAL TEAM EFFORT ON WED FELLAZ COME TOGETHER AND PLAY LIKE WE KNOW YALL COULD .....

TNT

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2005, 10:25:31 PM »
Excellent dribbler but poor passer.  Carlos has to continue his run into the area.  I eh see a wing back that could hold him yet but to dribble the entire side and then make a poor-quality cross is a waste.  That being said he will put more pressure on the defense if he angles his run into the area and take a crack at goal if/when the opportunity presents itself.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>