March 29, 2024, 12:07:54 AM

Author Topic: 17 points to consider  (Read 2959 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
17 points to consider
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:59:07 AM »
1)  Latapy: “Vibes it up TnT”!  After all the cuss I get for questioning the party atmosphere prior to this game including the above subject quote from Latapy, I ask you, was Latapy also Vibesing it up the night before the game with some beers and ladies?  Why did the three musketeers, Yorke, Latapy and John look so lazy and tired?  Were they upset Shaka was not in goal?

2)  True that it could be nerves got to the team, or was it that their Thursday and Friday workouts were too harsh making the team too tired for this game?

3)  My one criticism of Jack is he does not come off his line, I wonder if he could have come off his line to punch out that cross.  Wasn’t that cross inside the 6 yard box?  I feel safer with Shaka in goal.

4)  Even after my opinion in #1, I disagree with the Latapy substitution, he is the one player that could work magic at any time.  I hope it does not affect his confidence on Wednesday.  He had a very good 1st half.

5)  Our team looked surprisingly happy for the draw at the end, in the last few minutes, we were on the attack yet we only had two men up front in the box supporting the wing man.  Why didn’t we push the whole team forward?

6)  Why didn’t we use another pair of fresh legs on the field, why not use Glen especially with so many tired legs on the field?

7)  The Waggonist in the stadium make me sick, they were so phu*uing quiet, the FSC commentators mentioned it maybe a million times, I can’t stand this with TnT supporters, when the team needs you most, you let them down, when they are down and lacking confidence, you are dead silent, why, why, why?  We never have a 12th man, and then the added track between the supporters and the field, we need a dedicated football stadium without track   When Germany or England is down a goal, that is when the fans start to sing!

8 )  Big up to Birchall for what I call, a bullet from God.

9)  Bahrain play a very stink game, I saw real elbows fly today, they remind me of Argentina with their dirty tactics.  We need to get stink on Wednesday.

10)  Did Nakid play a role?  Bahrain never allowed TnT to get our one-twos going, they cut off many of our passes and even did well tackling our dribble.  They suck offensively but do a decent job defending and frustrating the opponent.  I would not be surprised if they line up 11 men in the goal on Wednesday hoping for a 0-0 draw, giving them qualification.

11)  Many of our foreign players were on the bench for the last few weeks, more reason we definitely needed a warm up with Uzbechistan or another Asian team but too late for dat.

12)  As great as the Little magician is, I am not impressed with his corners and freekicks.  Birchall took a terrific corner after Latas went off, I think he needs to take over Latas’ role on corners.

13)  As Beenieman said, Bahrain controlled too many periods in the game, we looked nervous, scared, and almost unprepared.

14)  Did the attempt by Beenieman and crew to fortify the defense with Samuel affect their confidence?  They looked very shaky today, nothing like the confident foursome that played Mexico.

15)  Beenie needs a different approach Wednesday as he was outcoached on Saturday.

16)  If we do not qualify Wednesday, sorry to say but that would be the final nail in the coffin for TnT football.  If we repeat the same performance that we did today, we do not deserve to be in the World Cup.

17) Once our team is rested and has confidence, we will beat Bahrain, I hope and pray that our accommodations are peaceful and adequate without much external noise so our players can be rested before Wednesday, it seems we were either too tense with so much national pressure or just tired from lack of sleep on the field today.  With Birhall’s goal from God today, I feel we will pull through Wednesday.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 12:58:25 PM by whayuhsay »

Offline khalid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy: “Vibes it up TnT”
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 02:01:39 AM »
Im soo glad that Bahrain reminds you of Argentina - it's an honor actually

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 02:13:52 AM »
Since you are so proud of your Argentinian style dirty play, I hope you are also "honored" by the play of the two players you lost today for Wednesday's game through two yellow cards, in fact, one deserved a red card.

When the tables are turned against us, that is when we shine, come Wednesday, trust me, TnT will be in the World Cup, not Bahrain!

Offline khalid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 02:15:05 AM »
Since you are so proud of your Argentinian style dirty play, I hope you are also "honored" by the play of the two players you lost today for Wednesday's game through two yellow cards, in fact, one deserved a red card.

When the tables are turned against us, that is when we shine, come Wednesday, trust me, TnT will be in the World Cup, not Bahrain!

I won't talk a lot - let's just wait till Wednesday and hope to see a good game

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 02:29:04 AM »
 Trinidad and Tobago have plenty talent coming up...I for one not afraid of the future...I look at Going to Germany as a Catalyst for GREAT THINGS to come...Go T&T

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 05:45:51 AM »

I wouldn't say Argentina. More like Israel. Argentina has talent  :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:02:55 AM »
T&T FOR GERMANY

Offline Jay9

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 06:03:51 AM »
one thing i didnt like abt the game didnt happen on the field... where i was under the scoreboard ... drunk mcs only causing comess and loooking for fight distrupting us from watching the match... I is ah fella with long hair.. when beer get in my hair d smell hard to come out... them fellas under the scoreboard that stay in the aisles and cause comess ruin the experience for a lot of ppl in my section... if d fans cant unite how could the team?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »
I for one don't question Dwight, Latas and Yorke professional apporach to this game but I would not say that their performance is above question.  I might sound foolish in saying this but I will chalk it up to nerves.

The goal I put squarely on Tallman, who I am a big fan of.  Dennis was guilty of ball watching while dog was contesting the ball with two players.  We did not mark tightly all game and paid the price.  The defense has to tighten up.  On too many occasions, Bahrain got behind our wing backs.  I was impressed with Bahrain speed.  Where de man who boast that Bahrain was never in an olympic final.  Good joke but it was on us.

We made two substitutions.  The second was K. Jones.  Again when the engine is not creating (a la BSC times) we need players like K. Jones and Cornell Glen (and to an extent Angus Eves) to create for themselves going forward.  K. Jones is the future.  After he plays in the World Cup he will be a big commodity.

The folks in de stadium was an embarrasment.  Pure WAGGONIST!!!!  A bunch a fans who sit on the hands most game and could only show support when things looking up.  I have seen high school games with better support.  Thank God the final game was not at home, because if we were looking for a twelfth man he would not show up.

Our set plays were poor, our crosses were poor. Regardless of what anyone says, Stern did not get any service.  I am hard press to find a good half chance.  I will watch the tape again.  We have to do better and get stuff on goal from set plays.  We have a presence in the air but never utilize it (although Tallman header was well saved).

I only see us rising up from here.  Me Mum's goal was a saving grace and will be remembered when we roll on Wednesday.

We will WIN.  No excuses on the Bahrain tactics.  We must play to win and not be intimidated.  This team goes as the big three goes (Latas, Yorke and Stern).  Those players will not dissapoint two games in a row.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 07:00:37 AM »

I'm surprised that not one Trinidad player was booked. Guys, this is war, players must play with passiona! Its a damn shame that the Bahrain players seem to have more fire in their eyes than the Trinis. It was a very tame display for teh "warriors'. I mean, not even one caution all 90 minutes? at home? Ridiculous.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2005, 07:07:13 AM »
d reason why d crowd was silent was because many of d true warriors did not get any tickets !!!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 07:08:50 AM »
Reggae fan I believe that was as a result of some key men carrying yellows into the game and not wanting to be out for the game on Wednesday.  But I agree, Bahrain fought as though they wanted it more on the day.

With nothing other than Germany to follow Wednesday's game I expect the Warriors to leave it on the pitch.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 07:21:37 AM »
Very disappointed with our perfromance, really thought we would have come out with guns blazing... That said credit must be given to the Bahrainis... Although their football was not attractive, they came out with a result which at the end of the day is great for them.

We never showed any urgency in the game, we appeared to be taking a stroll in the park for lengthy periods..Latas did not show up in this one, and he was correctly subbed, but I am sure he will do better in the return.
It appears the average man woman etc in the crowd knows nothing about the game... Dey only want to see beat and obviously it doh matter what happen after.
Now I like to see a good beat just like everyone else, but when you beat an do nothing constrctive wit the ball after, then that just wrong....
Edwards can dribble, but de man look like Wise last night, plenty dribble but nothing constructive.Birchall goal was a beauty...

Anyway we have 90 mins to redeem ourselves and prove to everyone we deserve to be in Germany.

T&T has always lacked consistency, and ah cyah believe after we win against Mexico men on this board calling for us to play Brasil next..
I still believe we going Germany and will believe until the end...
GO T&T..

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 07:24:07 AM »
1)  After all the cuss I get for questioning the party atmosphere prior to this game including the above subject quote from Latapy, I ask you, was Latapy also Vibesing it up the night before the game with some beers and ladies?  Why did the three musketeers, Yorke, Latapy and John look so lazy and tired?

3)  My one criticism of Jack is he does not come off his line, I wonder if he could have come off his line to punch out that cross.  Wasn’t that cross inside the 6 yard box?  I feel safer with Shaka in goal.

4)  Even after my opinion in #1, I disagree with the Latapy substitution, he is the one player that could work magic at any time.  I hope it does not affect his confidence on Wednesday.

6)  Why didn’t we use two more fresh legs on the field, we had one substitution, Jason Scotland, but why not use the fresh legs on the bench especially with so many tired legs on the field?

11)  Many of our foreign players were on the bench for the last few weeks, more reason we definitely needed a warm up with Uzbechistan or another Asian team. 

Vibes it up TnT!

1)  After all the cuss I get for questioning the party atmosphere prior to this game including the above subject quote from Latapy, I ask you, was Latapy also Vibesing it up the night before the game with some beers and ladies?  Why did the three musketeers, Yorke, Latapy and John look so lazy and tired?

did u watch the match? did u see everytime any of those three got the ball, bahrain put 2 or 3 men on them to make sure they couldnt get not space? i think latas nd yorke did as much as they couldve done. they got the ball into the bahrain penalty box and probably shouldve put the ball in on a couple occasions but to counter ur statement, they did do lots of work las nite.

they had many times in which jack came off his line. one very important time was in the firs half a bahrain dude had the ball in the box running in front of him and kelvin came up and booted the ball back down the field b4 ali baba could get to it.

4)  Even after my opinion in #1, I disagree with the Latapy substitution, he is the one player that could work magic at any time.  I hope it does not affect his confidence on Wednesday.

i think the latas sub was a pretty smart one. wen u have 3 men on u for the whole game, it is very tough. u get tired havin to ry nd beat them 3 men to get the space to play the ball. and latas wasnt gonna b able to put on his shiny shoes that night so bennie takiin him off for scotland was smart. and scotland came on in the 2nd half and really put up a nice fight for us. he had a shot but sliced the ball a lil which was unlucky.

6)  Why didn’t we use two more fresh legs on the field, we had one substitution, Jason Scotland, but why not use the fresh legs on the bench especially with so many tired legs on the field?

and like u didn see kenwyne jones and theobald come on the field later on in the match awa...

11)  Many of our foreign players were on the bench for the last few weeks, more reason we definitely needed a warm up with Uzbechistan or another Asian team. 

them guys left for bahrain 1:00 am this morn...they reachin bahrain in 2 days time. after that exhastion of flyin they gonna havta train...i doh think they will have the energy for a friendly day b4 the final match dude...

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 11:58:53 AM »
Did not see the 2nd substitution.

Man, Bahrain had a sitter in the ist half that they throw away, two man free like birds in the box.

Latapy had some brilliant passes in the 1st half, I have to watch the 2nd half again.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 01:09:20 PM »
Put Shaka in goal, dat is de bottom line!

The goal I put squarely on Tallman, who I am a big fan of.  Dennis was guilty of ball watching while dog was contesting the ball with two players.  We did not mark tightly all game and paid the price.  The defense has to tighten up.  On too many occasions, Bahrain got behind our wing backs.  I was impressed with Bahrain speed.  Where de man who boast that Bahrain was never in an olympic final.  Good joke but it was on us.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 17 points to consider
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 02:21:47 PM »

12)  As great as the Little magician is, I am not impressed with his corners and freekicks.  Birchall took a terrific corner after Latas went off, I think he needs to take over Latas’ role on corners.

I agree with point #12, she should handle all dead balls because he is the only true kicker of the ball.

1]; } ?>