April 18, 2024, 10:19:42 AM

Author Topic: The Long Ball is actually we strategy  (Read 877 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Long Ball is actually we strategy
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:43:42 AM »
Men Arguing bout the long ball but that is clear instrutions from Bennie Man.
And I personnaly think it make sense.

If you look into the game you will see that for the first 5 mins of each half when ever Jack get the ball we go with the long ball.

I think the reason being we usually start slow and give up early goals so this is Bennie man tactics to keep the play in the next half.

Boom kick it and let them fight for it up there.

The other thing is If Dog and Lawrence have the ball at their feet if the side sitting back like mexico was we could build it
Other wise we need to kick it long if the team extend the pressure, at some points Bahrain was presuring in our half and we need to be careful of bad pass.

We need our midfield to receive the ball and build it from there because trying to build from the back is a risky thing.

Dog and Tallman is accidents waiting to happen with the ball at they feet

John was real nervous only bad pass and miscontrol whole day.

Spann was better than all of them but still bad compared to his usually good passing standards.
If Men start to mark out latapy again in the second leg

We might have to move spann back into his usually midfield possition to create and let Cyd or Sancho hold down the right back.

Carlos also seem to have them men under control so we need to get him more and more involved not just wide but also central.

Also periodically switch him on the left like we did against mexico to unsettly the Bahrain defense.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Long Ball is actually we strategy
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:12:09 AM »
T&T should play how dey play against mexico. me eh like de long pass (except from de GK). i believe dat de midfielders should beat and pass and keep repeating dat pattern until dey give de ball to de strikers. if dey follow dat yuh go see goals like crazy.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:30:40 PM »
I understand KND2 pt. the long ball giving we time to settle down and thing as Bahrain not really attacking as such 'cept for them weak-ass counters but it not amounting to anything latas shoulda drop deeper and let yorke push up but is a hard luck the team play bad the team play bad they doh do that all the time so is not really that mush worries like the saying go: Not every day is a Sunday
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 12:49:15 PM »
ah agree with the Carlos edwards playing more central..but i would have hin drifting in from the left..a right footer is always more dangerous going across the goal...we will also get more freekicks..but then again we does waste it anyway.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>