April 23, 2024, 09:29:15 PM

Author Topic: The Truth abouth the game -- Un-Edited  (Read 3656 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
The Truth abouth the game -- Un-Edited
« on: November 13, 2005, 11:50:56 PM »
ARE WE READY FOR THE TRUTH? ;)

Let us be honest about the game last Saturday.  The team played like secondary school boys. The structure of play was wanting.  It seemed as if the only planned build up was for Avery John to distribute to Latapy, latas would then somehow elude his markers and distribute to either Dwight or Stern; However the markers for latas were on target and they did frustrate the little magician to the point where the coach felt that it was best to substitute him --- BIG MISTAKE  ???---- Even if latas was marked off or even tired, the Bahrain game was centered on him (latas) & Stern John... All that was needed was to switch the structure of the game from being Latas, Dwight and Stern focused from a warrior perspective but let the Bahraini keep their focus there.  Once they keep focusing on the trio that simply means we would have more freedom in other areas which should have been effectively utilized------ Immediately when Jones was introduced we saw the Bahraini team being a bit confused because this went against their game plan however their adjustment came in.

:oIndividual Bahrainis are not skillful as the warriors however their play was strategically planned and we fell victim.   The hard fact is that the Bahraini team is simply not a good team.  Their players can hardly even shoot at goal.  Did we notice how much shots went zooming over-bar?

If Avery John is to continue he need to buck up and stop giving away easy balls Also, I can’t understand why Mr Spann was allowed to continue playing……. It was nice to see Dwight back up front.  Birchall is good right where he is, he has proven that he is not afraid to attack from outside…. This is a great plus for the team.  Jason Scotland was disappointing. :-[ :-[

Overall, I have argued (everyone disagrees with me) that the team is playing no better than when coach St Clair was dismissed. :-X  The reference is always drawn to the Mexico game and how good we looked then --- I tell my friends that Mexico did not play when they came to Trinidad.  The saving grace for the team post St Clair was Latas. The arrival of the little magician against Guatemala was most instrumental in the team’s progress not Bennhacker. :-X

Nevertheless I am not a supporter of the current coach although I believe he is a very good coach for European style football NOT SOCA FOOTBALL-- I know most people disagree with me but I would say employ Russell Latapy or David Nakhid for the job and stop the habit of firing coaches on the doorstep of success.  We have the technology available-- are we saying that we do not have the minds..........? :beermug: :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Truth abouth the game -- Un-Edited
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 12:00:30 AM »
I doh really agree with your point that Beenie isn't a good coach. Brazil had to tone down their samba style to win the last WC which met with a lot of local opposition. Man U sometimes gets upset at home by table proppers when the team doesn't show up. Its a matter of us adjusting to their style of play. Offense wins games, defence wins championships and they played defence, if you want to call it that.

Another thing, while Latapy and Nakhid might have been great players it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be great coaches. I think they're still in the assistant coach frame but will come into it in time.

The development of the national team must be an ongoing one. With the team playing more tournaments and regularly practicing. Not just hiring a coach before a tournament and getting together a few weeks before then letting him go afterwards if we don't make it. Look at all the big sides, their coaches there for years and even help develop the younger players. England is a good example of that. They're my dark horse and have a strong side on paper but always fall short but the structure is there for them to succeed.

Anyways, Jamaica did it in 98, now is we time.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:02:38 AM »
SOCA FOOTBALL?  What brand is that?  Brazil have SAMBA so I guess we have SOCA.  The last time we had a "BRAND" was the strike squad.  All this talk about brand is a waste of time.  We simply need to play good intelligent football.
No change since Beenhakker took charge.  Lemme me see...1pt in 3 games under BSC and last place in the Hex....12points in 7 games and 4th place.
True that BSC did not have the services of Latas but for u to say there is no improvement in this team is real madness.
nakhid as coach?....give some reasons why!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 12:05:52 AM »
SOCA FOOTBALL?  What brand is that?  Brazil have SAMBA so I guess we have SOCA.  The last time we had a "BRAND" was the strike squad.  All this talk about brand is a waste of time.  We simply need to play good intelligent football.
No change since Beenhakker took charge.  Lemme me see...1pt in 3 games under BSC and last place in the Hex....12points in 7 games and 4th place.
True that BSC did not have the services of Latas but for u to say there is no improvement in this team is real madness.
nakhid as coach?....give some reasons why!

Cowen mus be did lime wit Gally today or sumting.  SOCA FOOTBALL....wha de ass I hearin boy.... ;D ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 12:54:29 AM »
That was a real shitassss team BSC had to start with -- at least we saw upward movement from our beating by Guatemala to his final game with costa Rica --- all who talking should look at that game again.  Give de man some credit he is one of the best we ever had.  I surely believe that bahrain was going to get a sound licking with BSC as coach -- beenie was out foxed badddd.  Allyuh know what ? We have myopic minds believing that our own is not capable  Soca is just a name given to our style just like Brazil's samba --- Now like people have ah problem with that too........Our people are unique.
Beenie services must end come wednesday.

And maybe not Nakhid because of his attitude but Latas is the man for coach.

Also -- Jack has been doing a terrific job but we still want him to be removed Withley is our rising star.

Studied Madology

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 12:59:14 AM »
Cowen just playing the devil's advocate.  Ah refuse to believe that he go sit down and write that gibberish.  And ah know yuh ain't no fresh water fan like some ah them. ;D

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 01:01:26 AM »
Beenie turn things around for us since BSC was sacked. Doh get me wrong, I had faith in "D Coach" and think he should have been kept on after we lost to Canada in that Gold Cup but results are what we need now and BSC wasn't getting it. If Beenie win it for us then he has the experience coaching at that level to make us competitive in the finals also. I see Latas eventually coaching unofficially as a player in mentoring the younger guys but until Beenie leaves or is sacked Latas belongs on the field.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 01:02:42 AM »
BSc had the same players available to him except Latas and Birchall.  We would have won with BSC, is he not the same guy who coached us to ah 5-1 cutarse from Guatemala?  Give him credit for what?  Give him credit for 1pt in 3 games and last place in de Hex?  I understand u disappointed in the result but u not making much sense.  So your solution is fire Leo and hire Latas and BSC?  When we win on Wednesday don't post any congrats or make any positive comments about the team and the technical staff because Leo is shit and BSC could do better.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 01:44:54 AM »
Tenorsaw standback.

The first game we played with beenie as coach was under BSC strength. Beenie was with the team only mere days so he really did not make any impact.  That was the game against Guatemala which we won.  After that the team went downhill --- The America second game was probably the worst.  Our Costa Rica and Guatemala games were probably our best ---- all who talking about the mexico game is really aired----- Mexico simply did not play anything. Are we going to judge our performance against a team that is resting?  I agree we did not have a good start in the final round but I saw improvements with BSC.  I believe that he is over the hill now and this is why I say Latas.

Who vex loss
Studied Madology

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 04:27:44 AM »
Tenorsaw standback.

The first game we played with beenie as coach was under BSC strength. Beenie was with the team only mere days so he really did not make any impact.  That was the game against Guatemala which we won.  After that the team went downhill --- The America second game was probably the worst.  Our Costa Rica and Guatemala games were probably our best ---- all who talking about the mexico game is really aired----- Mexico simply did not play anything. Are we going to judge our performance against a team that is resting?  I agree we did not have a good start in the final round but I saw improvements with BSC.  I believe that he is over the hill now and this is why I say Latas.

Who vex loss

Cowen I doh have time right now to address your individual points, maybe later but, the differences between BSC and Beenie's teams are enormous. But yuh entitled to feel otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 07:40:45 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 05:29:13 AM »

Let us be honest about the game last Saturday. The team played like secondary school boys. The structure of play was wanting. It seemed as if the only planned build up was for Avery John to distribute to Latapy, latas would then somehow elude his markers and distribute to either Dwight or Stern; However the markers for latas were on target and they did frustrate the little magician to the point where the coach felt that it was best to substitute him --- BIG MISTAKE ???---- Even if latas was marked off or even tired, the Bahrain game was centered on him (latas) & Stern John... All that was needed was to switch the structure of the game from being Latas, Dwight and Stern focused from a warrior perspective but let the Bahraini keep their focus there. Once they keep focusing on the trio that simply means we would have more freedom in other areas which should have been effectively utilized------ Immediately when Jones was introduced we saw the Bahraini team being a bit confused because this went against their game plan however their adjustment came in.

:oIndividual Bahrainis are not skillful as the warriors however their play was strategically planned and we fell victim. The hard fact is that the Bahraini team is simply not a good team. Their players can hardly even shoot at goal. Did we notice how much shots went zooming over-bar?

If Avery John is to continue he need to buck up and stop giving away easy balls Also, I can’t understand why Mr Spann was allowed to continue playing……. It was nice to see Dwight back up front. Birchall is good right where he is, he has proven that he is not afraid to attack from outside…. This is a great plus for the team. Jason Scotland was disappointing. :-[ :-[

Overall, I have argued (everyone disagrees with me) that the team is playing no better than when coach St Clair was dismissed. :-X The reference is always drawn to the Mexico game and how good we looked then --- I tell my friends that Mexico did not play when they came to Trinidad. The saving grace for the team post St Clair was Latas. The arrival of the little magician against Guatemala was most instrumental in the team’s progress not Bennhacker. :-X

Nevertheless I am not a supporter of the current coach although I believe he is a very good coach for European style football NOT SOCA FOOTBALL-- I know most people disagree with me but I would say employ Russell Latapy or David Nakhid for the job and stop the habit of firing coaches on the doorstep of success. We have the technology available-- are we saying that we do not have the minds..........? :beermug: :beermug:

Cowen.... Firstly WOW... Cannot say I agree with everything yuh say, but you also make some very good points . !..

And guys this post is a rational post, because he take a while to calm dong before he post. lol..

Doh study it, we beating bahrain 5 - 0 on wednesday ... Is Level licks.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 07:12:40 AM »

Let us be honest about the game last Saturday. The team played like secondary school boys. The structure of play was wanting. It seemed as if the only planned build up was for Avery John to distribute to Latapy, latas would then somehow elude his markers and distribute to either Dwight or Stern; However the markers for latas were on target and they did frustrate the little magician to the point where the coach felt that it was best to substitute him --- BIG MISTAKE ???---- Even if latas was marked off or even tired, the Bahrain game was centered on him (latas) & Stern John... All that was needed was to switch the structure of the game from being Latas, Dwight and Stern focused from a warrior perspective but let the Bahraini keep their focus there. Once they keep focusing on the trio that simply means we would have more freedom in other areas which should have been effectively utilized------ Immediately when Jones was introduced we saw the Bahraini team being a bit confused because this went against their game plan however their adjustment came in.

:oIndividual Bahrainis are not skillful as the warriors however their play was strategically planned and we fell victim. The hard fact is that the Bahraini team is simply not a good team. Their players can hardly even shoot at goal. Did we notice how much shots went zooming over-bar?

If Avery John is to continue he need to buck up and stop giving away easy balls Also, I can’t understand why Mr Spann was allowed to continue playing……. It was nice to see Dwight back up front. Birchall is good right where he is, he has proven that he is not afraid to attack from outside…. This is a great plus for the team. Jason Scotland was disappointing. :-[ :-[

Overall, I have argued (everyone disagrees with me) that the team is playing no better than when coach St Clair was dismissed. :-X The reference is always drawn to the Mexico game and how good we looked then --- I tell my friends that Mexico did not play when they came to Trinidad. The saving grace for the team post St Clair was Latas. The arrival of the little magician against Guatemala was most instrumental in the team’s progress not Bennhacker. :-X

Nevertheless I am not a supporter of the current coach although I believe he is a very good coach for European style football NOT SOCA FOOTBALL-- I know most people disagree with me but I would say employ Russell Latapy or David Nakhid for the job and stop the habit of firing coaches on the doorstep of success. We have the technology available-- are we saying that we do not have the minds..........? :beermug: :beermug:

Kindly associate the rantings of this waggonist to another member.  ;D. Not being familiar with computers he decided to post his nonsense without logging me off from work first. This member is Denz so in the event that you all decide to cuss ....please direct ur cuss to Mr Denz.

:beermug:
Studied Madology

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 07:18:51 AM »
DENZ.. you iz ah mudda c*nt.. How yuh guh do that .. You is ah real Arse hole.. you lil F*ker..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 07:33:28 AM »
U MAD AWA ..HALF D PLAYERS EX:AUTHIS WHITLEY ...WUD NOT PLAY IF BSC WAS D COACH .... WE WUD NPT BE HERE IF HE WAS STILL COACHING YES H DID NOT HAVE LATAS BUT HE ALSO CUD NOT GET US TO PLAY LIKE A TEAM AND D FOOTBALL WE PLAYING NOW .... THERES ALOT OF PLAYERS THAT DONT LIKE BSC AND HIS COACHING STYLE.....FUH U TUH SAY THA AND EVERY1 THAT AGREE WID U IS REL SHYT ...THAZ WHY WEZ BE IN THE SITATIONS WE IN WE BRING AH MAN IN WHO HELPING AND ALL YUH CRITISISING THE MAN ..BSC HAD HE CHANCES AND FAILED NUMEROUSLY ..I REMEBER THA USA GAME ASH WED .... START A SHYT 11 .....AND WEN HE BRING ON GLEN AND DENSIL IN THE LAST 15 WE SCROE ...HE DIN NOE HOW TO USE WAT HE HAD TO WIN.....BEENIE MAN IS A GOOD COACH ....I AND EVERY1 ELSE SHUD SUPORT AND APPRECIATE WAT HE HAS DUN/..

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
Tenorsaw standback.

The first game we played with beenie as coach was under BSC strength. Beenie was with the team only mere days so he really did not make any impact. That was the game against Guatemala which we won. After that the team went downhill --- The America second game was probably the worst. Our Costa Rica and Guatemala games were probably our best ---- all who talking about the mexico game is really aired----- Mexico simply did not play anything. Are we going to judge our performance against a team that is resting? I agree we did not have a good start in the final round but I saw improvements with BSC. I believe that he is over the hill now and this is why I say Latas.

Who vex loss

This is obviously that DENZ fella talking because Cowen would never talk this amount of shit.

Now I does defend WAGGONISTS eh and I don't feel that newbies should get blasted and run from the site, but you sir are an ASS.

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Yuh have yuh facts wrong and your conclusions , unsurprisingly are dotish.

Suffice it to say that the Guatemala game was not our first under Don Leo, it was not before the Mexico and US games. Also any talk about "a team playing under a former coaches strength" is stupid talk. In fact that is the same talk we hear last time he get fired and we win games under Porters.

I suppose we should bring him back in four years time nah?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Denz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 08:08:53 AM »
Not t be misled even I believe that BSC is washed up at this time but the same problems still persists with the team --- The defence is sub standard and this was one of the main problems identified with BSC. What we saw on saturday was that if latas is locked down then there is no game.

Apart from the introduction of latas and Birchall the play has not improved.  I will admit here that Otis Witley is a definite plus.

Cowen and I work together so he will admit that I predicted to him that we will be shocked by Bahrain since we all went on this post mexico hype.  Mexico was not a real game.  We need to re-look the other games closely.  I have tapes with all the games so if any need to borrow i can loan ---  Our tie with Costa Rica under BSC was our most positive looking game (again - please don't mention the mexico game)  

Don't even think that i am advocating bringing back BSC-- as i said b4 his time has gone -- but after our early trouncing by guatemala i saw a team building -- maybe not as quickly as most would have liked --Remember he was just brought back after we looking as the shittiest team in the region.  Altogether I had faith in him and from past performances he builds a consistent team -- not a good today bad tomorrow one.

This will not be a popular post buut i stand by it.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 08:12:08 AM »
As soon as some men get their spirits shaken a little ... allyuh men come to pound them.

It had another thread of "Trinis who don't want the Soca Warriors to make it."

Allyuh men shoulda post on that FIRST, cuz is men like allyuh who don't want to see the side go nowhere.
Honesty & Truth MY ARSE.

BSC is a sh!t coach for the National Arena. He have to go back to coaching Signal Hill or something.
The best thing BSC ever do was take TT to the semis of the Gold Cup ... real plenty glory in that hoss.

Allyuh men just can't seem to stand that a foreigner knows our own team better than us.
Why the arse BSC couldn't coach his team to string together more than 3 passes?
The kinda CRAP football that TT played under BSC was downright shameful .... and worse cuz the coach come from TT. You would think that your own people would have more pride to see their countrymen do the right thing ... than to just sit back and bicker about the administration.

Beenie has done the best job coaching a coherent team since the days of Gally.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 08:19:30 AM »
All that was needed was to switch the structure of the game from being Latas, Dwight and Stern focused from a warrior perspective but let the Bahraini keep their focus there.  Once they keep focusing on the trio that simply means we would have more freedom in other areas which should have been effectively utilized

This was exactly the point I was making in another thread:

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=6807.0

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 08:58:59 AM »
cowen i reading and i in shock. i douting iz you talking all that shyt and douting the team so boy. wheyyyy  thanks for clearing that up.
i have my faith back in you :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 09:12:38 AM »
cowen i reading and i in shock. i douting iz you talking all that shyt and douting the team so boy. wheyyyy thanks for clearing that up.
i have my faith back in you :beermug:

Thanks partner. For a minute when i get up i was wondering if i drink last night or something to put up dat kinda shyt .
Never doubt the heart of a true die hard.

Doh study Denz, them fellas on work does cry me down all the time for my support. Waggonist to dey heart.

I am ah Soca Warrior. I say win or lose i am ah fighter.  :beermug:
Studied Madology

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 09:18:46 AM »
Hard luck dey Cowen.  I should have known U wouldn't have posted that shit.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 09:19:43 AM »
 Mr. Denz is an idiot...If he thinks that Beenhakker is not a good coach...He U-turned our campaign...Go T&T

Offline bigbazz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 09:46:13 AM »
BSC is better than leo benhakker?..................................... wha gayness is this i hearing now?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 10:13:57 AM »
Not t be misled even I believe that BSC is washed up at this time but the same problems still persists with the team --- The defence is sub standard and this was one of the main problems identified with BSC. What we saw on saturday was that if latas is locked down then there is no game.

Apart from the introduction of latas and Birchall the play has not improved.  I will admit here that Otis Witley is a definite plus.

Cowen and I work together so he will admit that I predicted to him that we will be shocked by Bahrain since we all went on this post mexico hype.  Mexico was not a real game.  We need to re-look the other games closely.  I have tapes with all the games so if any need to borrow i can loan ---  Our tie with Costa Rica under BSC was our most positive looking game (again - please don't mention the mexico game)  

Don't even think that i am advocating bringing back BSC-- as i said b4 his time has gone -- but after our early trouncing by guatemala i saw a team building -- maybe not as quickly as most would have liked --Remember he was just brought back after we looking as the shittiest team in the region.  Altogether I had faith in him and from past performances he builds a consistent team -- not a good today bad tomorrow one.

This will not be a popular post buut i stand by it.
Hush yuh ass!

You state that our defence is substandard and most would agree that we do need improvement there. But the defense has improved significantly since Beenie took over. We went to Mexico and lost 2-0 on shitgoals that I blame Jack for. USA 1-0 after going down in the 2nd min. All this is compared to 5-1 to Guatemala. You have to be blind if you can't see any improvement there. In fact I would submit that our problem  really is one of being able to concentrate for the whole game. If we could maintain focus for the whole 90min this team wouldn't even get near our goal.

The key for the last game and for the next game, DISCIPLINE. That is what Leo brought to the team. They are packing it in and we cannot get fustrated. We have to be confident that we will score. Everyone stick to their assigned roles and we will win. This is how they play against everyone. We got fustrated, got indiciplined and out of position and bam they score. We reverted to our old style and paid for it. Now they will realize that they have to follow Leo;s orders.

BTW taking off Stern and Latas will prove prophetic in the end as they will be better rested for Wed.
TnT Patriot

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 12:10:17 PM »
Well well --- Sometimes I wonder --- Things have me thinking lately -- who am I?
Studied Madology

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
Well well --- Sometimes I wonder --- Things have me thinking lately -- who am I?

last time i check you was cowen ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 02:12:06 PM »

LOL, allyuh shoulda hear cowen voice this morning when he call meh and tell meh that ah man posting one setta shit and using his name! lol.

De man wanted to cry! lol. He call meh and say "andre, sniff sniff, it have ah hacker on de site, and he tarnishing meh name" lol..."why me andre? why me?"..lol

I tell him tuh calm down and that de post is one normally associated with "just comes" and most people know that he is a die hard and he ent go post that kinda nonsense.

Never a dull moment.

its nice that men like palos, tenosaw, JDB, occonorg, morvantman and real madness were able to detect that something was wrong! It goes to show chow close knit we are becoming as a fan base!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>