April 24, 2024, 06:58:14 PM

Author Topic: Dwight Yorke: It’s far from over.  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Dwight Yorke: It’s far from over.
« on: November 13, 2005, 04:25:33 PM »
Dwight Yorke: It’s far from over.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago skipper Dwight Yorke made it clear that all is not lost despite his team only being able to muster a 1-1 draw at home to Bahrain in Saturday’s World Cup qualifying half slot playoff.
Yorke and his teammates, some disappointed, were still able to keep their heads off and were warmly received after by their fans, many who lined the streets of Port of Spain on the team’s journey back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
Several chased the bus and applauded from the sidewalks while others also waited at the Crowne Plaza to applaud them and let them know that their support was still there going into Wednesday’s return leg. A group of about  a dozen Bahrain visitors who were at the game also waited and clapped each T&T player as they walked through the lobby at the Crowne Plaza on returning after the match. That was followed by a big shout for Yorke who came in last. The vibes put a smile on the player’s faces and following a team talk led by Beenhakker after dinner, the “Warrors” were left knowing exactly what must be done to complete the mission.
The team, scheduled to leave the Hotel at midnight for the Piarco International Airport ahead of their charter flight with some 200 fans including His Excellency, the President Maxwell Richards and FIFA Vice President Jack Warner.
“I want to say that this game is far from over. There’s still a next game to play. We know that the fans, the whole nation will be disappointed with the result and maybe the performance. But we know what needs to be done now and that certainly is going to Bahrain and winning and putting it away,” Yorke said.
“I am very happy about the character my team showed after we went behind because before I think there were times when we would just fold up but we responded well and while I have been fortunate to see a lot of really good goals in my career, Chris Birchall’s striker was a very good one and he deserves full credit for that,” Yorke said.
“Now we must go there and put our heads together again and do what is necessary to realize this dream of ours. We have to still fancy our chances and there’s no reason to think that we are not capable of still doing it,” Yorke ended.
Meanwhile, Trinidad and Tobago head coach Leo Beenhakker remained a confident man after tying Bahrain 1-1 before a partisan crowd of 24,991 fans in the 2006 World Cup qualifying half slot playoff at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Saturday.
We now have to prepare ourselves for the second match and in that way it’s still what I said before this game which is that both teams have a 50 percent possibility. This 50 percent from our side is still there,” Beenhakker said after the match. “One again, we have to look for a solution within three of four days.”
Commenting on the better second half showing by T&T, he added “I think first of all we brought (midfielder) Dwight Yorke more up front together with Stern John and Russell was not very much in the game and we tried to do it with Jason Scotland and Kenwyne Jones and we saw something a little bit different,” he added.
Beenhakker added that he didn’t think the slippery conditions caused by rainfall earlier in the day affected his team.
When asked about whether his team didn’t play well under the pressure of the overwhelming response of the home fans all clad in red.
“They are humans as well… football players.
“I don’t know yet. I have to talk to guys about it. I think that what I saw, there was a lot of pressure and some of these players made many technical mistakes which is not normal for these players.”
He didn’t feel Bahrain played far higher than their usual level.
“That’s the way I see they normally play. They weren’t above their usual level.”
The plan for the next match is the same as this one, which is to win,” Beenhakker ended. “Now we must be prepared to go there and get that result and give that performance to bring it home.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Re: Dwight Yorke: It’s far from over.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 04:30:41 PM »
Yessssssssss.
All allyuh negative men .. STAY FAR FROM THIS THREAD!!!!!

GO TT!!!!!!!!!

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 04:37:12 PM »
Leh we do it now fellas we goingand talk done.

TNT WE WANT A GOAL!!!

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 04:38:57 PM »
Thats what I talking bout   GO TNT

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 05:00:58 PM »
I think we will have a better game come Wednesday, any win or even a 2-2 draw will take us through.... we need to support the team..

We didn't play our game and Bahrain was lucky on the night. They are no better than us, I believe our players were playing under a lot of pressure, now the pressure is on Bahrain because they will have to defend that goal.

Beenhakker is not to be blamed he has had the worst preparations of all our coaches our players also came in 4 days before the game while Bahrain were training together long before.

We eh collect no yellow so we could afford to go all out... they missing 2 good players as well.... we have nothing to lose.....

My Line for for Wed...

Jack
Andrews, Lawrence, Sancho
Spann Birchall Whitley Edwards
Yorke Latapy
John
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
why sancho dint play?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 05:03:11 PM »
anyone know why sancho dint play?

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 05:03:33 PM »
 Yeah put sancho on the field!  Give Shaka some time in goal too.
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:40:02 AM »
Allyuh hear d game plan?
plan is TO WIN!!!!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 08:54:46 AM »
We must Win!  We must Win! We must Win!

Offline sirrussbradley

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re:No retreat/ No surrender Soca Warriors will Quailify
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 09:27:56 AM »
No retreat/ No surrender Soca Warriors will Quailify for Germany on Wednesday.

To all ther die hard fans,don't worry keep the faith. Together we aspire together we will achieve. To Yorke, Latapy and the rest of the team we believe in all of you so just go out there on Wednesday and just do it for yourself and your country. Also please silence the critcs. It is inevitable.

Thank you

Football Fanatic/Die Hard Fan

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 09:39:57 AM »
 we must have a Scoring mentality goin into that game....Go T&T

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 12:29:59 PM »
Yeah put sancho on the field!  Give Shaka some time in goal too.

aye dis not charity we wearing red but we not d red cross we ent givin men sweat jus so  aye aye like allyuh want ah new squad dont panic my ppl
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 01:31:02 PM »
if we go dere trying to score we gud to go
cuz dere is no way they can outscore us and we would  have the away goals so we set

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 01:40:30 PM »
nice report sean.  It amazes me to see how quick men on this forum does turn on de side!

we are die hards, so lets please rally around the boys.

updated

ah love it!! (thanx oconnorg)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:35:59 PM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 01:52:34 PM »
nice report sean. It amazes me to see how quick men on this forum does turn on de side!

we are die hards, so lets please rally around the boys.

Just ah reminder Andre.. Please dont forget to use your signature phrase in your posts.. I had to pull up some people the other day for using and not acknowledging you as owing the rights to it .
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>