April 23, 2024, 10:17:51 AM

Author Topic: Preparing mentally as a fan for  (Read 5280 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Preparing mentally as a fan for
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:41:29 PM »
 Well Wednesday for many  'diehearts' will be a day of reckoning. Will the result change your work day? will it change  how you live the rest of your life? will it mean  utter exhilaration of depths or despair? Will we continue to be supportive of our Warriors, nation and our future youngsters?

Maybe in preparation we  need to train /prepare  and remove ourselves from  sinful thinking like:

Excessive Pride: that is a  belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. The sin of pride manifests itself in selfish motives, an exaggerated ego, a low opinion of others.

Why you do it:  because we have been told over and over  to "believe in yourself."

Did the team choke on the belief that 'PRIDE'  in our abilities could win the game for us? We prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:53:34 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Preparing as a fan for Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 07:28:15 PM »
Well it will affect my workday. I remember telling my old man as a 9 yr old boy on Nov 19th, "This can't be the end". He was really sad and told me about 1974. Too bad he didn't live to see the team today but he told me then that if we have a chance we can only beat ourselves, nobody can test.

I believe we will win this even though we're away from home as some of the pressure will be off for performing in front of their fans. We also know what we need to do and know what they'll do. Even if we play their tactics and score early then drop back into defence then it'll be all the more sweeter.

I'm wearing my red on Wednesday and Thursday regardless. I always backed the team since the 90 campaign and will continue to do so.

I am a warrior and I wish I was home to see this :(

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 07:35:46 PM »
Trinis are resilient people.

We survive 1974 only to get our hearts broken in Nov 1989.
I remember crying myself to sleep that night - not fully comprehending everything, other than knowing we wasn't going to Italy afterall.

We survive July 1990 - only to see that damn fool parade about and instill fear into the country when he get released.

We dollar get float - we survive.

Airport fiasco.... wayy

Manning 2nd rounds ... double wayyy

Caroni get mash up .... CYAR GO FOR CANE no more  ;D

How many times hurricanes see TT on its path ....  only to ride out in fear that we will mash it up?

Hoss .... Pride is a natural part of being Trini.
Proud for where you come from, proud of your English Education, proud of your carnival, proud of the opportunities you had that many other "first worlders" will never get to see.
Opportunities for National Pride is rare ... especially for a small country like ours .... you have to take each opportunity and maximise it.
Fuh men to start repenting an ting ... that is maddness - wham if you is not Christian .... yuh forgetting what makes you Trini .. the diversity.
When yuh go and eat parasad and drink sewine with yuh Hindu and Muslim friends ... yuh does go and repent for celebrating pagan religions?

If you looking for excessive pride - look up the meaning of Jamaican in the dictionary.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 10:02:09 PM »
Well it will affect my workday. I remember telling my old man as a 9 yr old boy on Nov 19th,

we was in school the same time

Més que un club.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 10:33:21 PM »
as a fan i am keeping positive. i am doing my duty as a trini and not working on wednesday in order to support the team.  the wife loud me up today and say how i only studyin soca warriors but she is not trini so she cant understand it.   i will wear my red jacket over my white shirt-same as i have done for the past 2 games.   if need be i will shout down any detractors and negative vibers.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 12:43:21 AM »
Rotato...yuh should be a coach. had meh eyes watering...well almost. Damn good points though.

One thing about Yardies though, they patriotic to the point of fanaticism. I have a ton og Jamaican friends and they always back their country and culture. Of course they have some 'fresh off the plane' who does pull Yankee accent like Air Jamaica serve it on the flight over but everybody have that.

Another thing I was told when i was young but only saw when I moved up here. The further away from home, the more you represent. Dem waggonist in d stadium doh know what its like to have to scratch to see the game on an internet connection that buffering every 30 seconds because Comcast doh want to give you d sports plan on time to watch it on TV. All the other games I watched at home on ESPN or the spanish stations even faking a sick to see them.

Anyways, lewwe rest d ghosts on Nov 16th. I not really a religious man but God bless our nation and warriors.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 12:47:02 AM »
this game real affecting meh..Have an Organic chem exam thursday so tryin to get in as much studying now cuz i know win or lose (buh we go win) my mind eh gonna be able to focus on that exam...wed i looking to watch the game somewhere that i wont have to hear no negative vibes..cuz i jus wouldnt be able to take that
Back in Trini...

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 03:09:52 AM »
I'm going to be working from home that day! 4 p.m. kick off on Eurosport - I can't wait! :beermug:
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 03:24:23 AM »
Hi guys, check out the post " I must admit something.... "

I am as shock as you are that my dream was accurate 1-1 and a tense game and I dreamt that Bahrain scored first and then we responded. I even forgot about that post. Well I don't have goat mouth, I do on occasion have straight dream. Three weeks before my mother died I dreamt she died and I was standing next to her coffin at the cemetary wearing a purple outfit, believe it three weeks later my mother died and I was standing in a purple dress next to her coffin. I am a christian so I don't think I have goat mouth it was just a straight dream that came to pass and I don't like it at all

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 04:33:54 AM »
Rasajoy whats d second leg dream like...........we winning or wha

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Redditch Valiant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 06:51:48 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Of course we are!
Proud to be an honorary "Trinbagonian"
GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!! GO TnT!!!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 09:12:41 AM »
I was standing in a purple dress

lemme hope you are female,...and 2, so when yo uwas puttin on the dress you didn't remember, or you was too grief stricken to remember that?.  Either way sorry to hear about your mum.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 09:16:40 AM »
 The T&T Football Team have my support as long as I am alive...Go T&T

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 11:18:39 AM »
ah doh have ah TV in meh office so ah cancel ah meeting at ah client office on wednesday and keeping d conf room with surround sound and and projector....send out ah meeting request saying that i busy for ah few hrs (DO NOT DISTURB)...wednesday will affect much more than the rest ah the work day..cause WHEN we win....i just have to roll down the step to TGI and start the party....

i aint go be watchin in TGI cause i ketch meh ass saturday with them oman looking fuh man and blockin meh view ah the tv, the idiot with he big ears that was yawnin in front the TV ( dem ears mubbe sting after ah pelt he with some mints)....ah cyah deal with the drama of watchin ah important match like dis and dem fools at the same time....

AH IS AH TRUE TRINI TILL D DAY AH DIE.... GO WARRIORS.....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 11:23:20 AM »
In looking ahead, lets move with restrain; keep the positive support; avoid the bahrain jabs. Let then roll on with all the 'excessive pride'' let then be lulled into a false belief that they are ahead of us.

Let's move  quietly and carry the big stick. Leh we hope the big sticks deliver  a resounding blow. Let's be  confident but not arrogant. Hopeful but not boastful. We know that we have been in the depths of despair before and we have risen to the occassion when  everything was  on the line. History have shown that we have the tenacity and resilicency to rebound from adversity.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 11:46:26 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 11:39:22 AM »
Come Thursday mornin qualify or not i am ah soca warrior
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 11:43:03 AM »
Come Thursday mornin qualify or not i am ah soca warrior

yuh done know.....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 11:57:26 AM »
I burn up a  day vacation cum wednesday (I also did a call in on Saturday) so did mi Bredda and 3 other warriors fans.. To be honest I feal bad up till this day.. I know we tie but 0-0 tie I will a tek dat, but 1-1 dat is trouble .. Anywey I really aint prepared for us not reaching de wrl cup , I really dont know if I took wednesday off to cry or celebrate our wrl cup dream...Cum wednesday we soca warrior fans who have been here from day one will know our destiny.. I jes can't wait another 16 years........
Warrior for ever!!!!!!!!!!!
warmonga....
Black Lives Matter..

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Preparing mentally as a fan for Wednesday
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 12:04:08 PM »
jeez ah jus realize dat wednesday night is a party night--- that mean ah have to study extra hard tonight and tomorrow night..... wednesday night ah heading into NY an' find some soca somewhere an wine on mih one good leg....  :chilling: .... is all about plannin...... now the timming of the match important so that mean ah have to fry some plaintain before hand.....dat way ah doh have to get up during the match for anyting but a beer and a cheer (kinda like dat line).....  :chilling: :chilling:

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 12:06:40 PM »
jeez ah jus realize dat wednesday night is a party night--- that mean ah have to study extra hard tonight and tomorrow night..... wednesday night ah heading into NY an' find some soca somewhere an wine on mih one good leg....  :chilling: .... is all about plannin...... now the timming of the match important so that mean ah have to fry some plaintain before hand.....dat way ah doh have to get up during the match for anyting but a beer and a cheer (kinda like dat line).....  :chilling: :chilling:

www.toronto-lime.com

they have real soca....

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 12:14:33 PM »
I Lit a seven day candle this morning- T&T 2 vs Balrain 0

Me Mum and Whitley

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 12:22:47 PM »
Come Thursday morning i would still be a die hard socawarrior fan doh matter de outcome of de game..Well then again ah thinking positive we going to beat Bahrain!!!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 02:40:14 PM »
Ok Forumunities and die hards!!!!! ah gone ; too much to do ; No matter the score, leh we hold steady tuh first our mental state fuh the love of family and country. We will prevail!!!!!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 02:50:14 PM »
I am being my optimistic self, we will prevail the boys know what's at stake, I do believe it would come down to the wire, I have even envisioned the worst case scenario, PENALTIES, but even in that regard I feel we will come out on top.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 02:51:46 PM »
I Lit a seven day candle this morning- T&T 2 vs Balrain 0

Me Mum and Whitley

Now I know we winnin'  :beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Preparing mentally as a fan for
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 07:42:31 AM »
So leh meh here how people preparing for the start of the WC?

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 07:50:45 AM »
Wake up ... listen tuh Maximus ... sing de tune with meh 2 year old ... pick up some Carib ... relax and watch de ealier games ... take a fresh ... put on meh warrior jersy ... put up meh TnT flag out side meh house ... put meh son in he soca warrior t-shirt ... trow meh wife out de house ... start balsitn Trini tuh de bone and maximus on steady rotation ... vomit cuz ah nervous ... drink a carib before kick off ... stand up proud when de anthem playin ... singing loudly ... sit with my son and enjoy the most exciting football game tuh be ever played by TnT footballers ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2008, 10:55:10 AM »
Well it looks like  we the fans have to go into training as WC qualifiers  start to shape up: Leh meh hear how some people /fans  does train to support  our team's participation  in WC.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
AB some  posters  on this  topic etc has not been active since june 2006 .....expect to see them post in 2009

Redditch Valiant
Position:  Full Warrior

Date Registered:  July 07, 2005, 02:13:20 PM
Last Active:  June 21, 2006, 04:58:59 AM

Name:  greenpea
Position:  Full Warrior

Date Registered:  October 13, 2005, 02:16:15 PM
Last Active:  June 12, 2006, 12:28:44 PM

Username: kappy  Picture/Text
Name:  kappy
Position:  Sr. Warrior

Date Registered:  April 27, 2006, 03:56:40 PM
Last Active:  August 11, 2007, 10:57:12 AM

Expect to seem them in 2010
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13:55 AM »
Well it looks like  we the fans have to go into training as WC qualifiers  start to shape up: Leh meh hear how some people /fans  does train to support  our team's participation  in WC.

Since yuh take de time tuh bring back this after nearly 2yrs is only fair that ah respond....

Well I for one does take mey 'fan training' seriously.First of all it start when yuh hear tickets go on sale,ah does make sure ah do at least 100 push ups and sit ups before ah face de long line tuh buy tickets.Second yuh have tuh make sure the coach see yuh in de stands bawling at de top ah yuh voice.Now to prepare for dis, I does take screaming lessons twice ah week and tuh motivate meh training  meh wife does print all yuh asshole thread and make meh read it one by one,funny thing is by de  2nd line ah any one ah yuh thread ah does go into some ah de highest scream notes ah human cud make,this is meh major weapon when come tuh supporting, and so ah want tuh thank yuh for yuh participation in helping meh prepare,as ah supporter, for de ash wednesday game.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>