April 28, 2024, 01:46:24 PM

Author Topic: What can we do better next time?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What can we do better next time?
« on: November 13, 2005, 07:54:33 PM »
Time for some Monday Morning Quarter-Backing (as they would say in the States).

It appears that in the first half, the Warriors just couldn't get things going. They didn't appear to be cohesive as a team and couldn't get their game to work. Was this entirely their fault? I would say no. I believe that the Bahrainis did an effective job of marking key Warrior players so as to shutdown an effective offense. On several occasions, we see Latapy, Edwards and Yorke being double-teamed by Bahrainis.

My problem with this, however, is that two Bahrainis on one man means one extra Warrior free. This would suggest that there were certainly some failures on our end.

Later in the second half after going down by one goal, it seems that this was a wake-up call. It lighted a fire under our boys. We see Birschal using a strategy recommended by someone who volunteered tips to coach Beenhacker. Birschal used a long-range goal attempt that worked perfectly. Otherwise, we would be going to Bahrain one game down.

It would appear to me that there is imminent need for analysis and decisions by the technical staff. There will certainly be a need for re-grouping and assessing what has happened in this game. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 08:00:34 PM by CarenageBoy »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What can we do better next time?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:15:45 PM »
We need to go for goal with every opening or half-opening. Birchall could've easily passed the ball to a man in the box but he went for goal and it went in. Even if we miss, force a save, get a deflection, it could land at the feet favourably for someone else. In and around the penalty area, men spent too much time with the ball, kinda hesitating, looking for someone to pass to instead of just goin for goal. I felt Scotland and Whitley, even though their performances were good, had more up their sleeves.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:23:31 PM »
We need to go for goal with every opening or half-opening. Birchall could've easily passed the ball to a man in the box but he went for goal and it went in. Even if we miss, force a save, get a deflection, it could land at the feet favourably for someone else. In and around the penalty area, men spent too much time with the ball, kinda hesitating, looking for someone to pass to instead of just goin for goal. I felt Scotland and Whitley, even though their performances were good, had more up their sleeves.
Wait a minute scotland game was good,ah right there with yuh on whitleys game but scotland very overated........... 

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 08:24:55 PM »
Birschal does always shoot from outside to me his position somewhat irrelavant cuz he does his own stuff the man is a ball runner a dog like gattuso or emre he does wuk hard. He was just the only one with balls who shot from outside twice other than he it had one shot from outside that make it past the the defence and that was real high. Edwards need to use he head u could outpace them and beat them to so besides squaring the balls he could maybe come into the box and draw a defender from stern and either shoot or square it off his crosses were offthat game. Avery need to get some confidence man, one blistering run he made from behind a defender and pass him he just couldn't reach the ball before it went out but he gave up. The fact is if they want to mark out Dwight and Latas and well Stern let them let we really see how good they keeper is shoot from outside it not killing anybody. Eventually men will come out to smother you then is when you play a diagonal ball into stern yorke latas whoever in an atacking position, the rest of the side need to step up. The good thing is that is was a sub-standard game a normal game should decimate them but the side give the public blueballs man i ent get turned on so for a match just to not get any. T&T need to put out man!!!
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:01:16 PM »
Redman need to cross in earlier and get it to a streaking John, air or ground, before the Bahrain D has time to set up....Ease up a lill bit on the dribbling and just look for Stern early...

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 12:32:32 AM »
I think if Bahrain watch this game tape they will realize that we have more than a couple of playmakers on the side. Yorke and Latapy could draw the defenders then we could pack the area with other shotmakers running free. They will surely run defence this rounds as its too late for them to change tactics now.

We need to watch for the counter and start taking the shots and winning the ball instead of playing the ball aound the back and building a play. Our playmakers were marked heavily and still shots wern't taken as they should by the others. Birchall stepped up and took a stunner and if they want to defend then we gotta keep pressing until they break. Stringing passes is great for building back up a rythm but also leaves open the chance for them to break the play and turn the tide. A simple one or two touch on the ball by the midfield before shooting or passing to the open man for a shot will keep them off balance.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 12:44:22 AM »
i think Carlos jus needs to make better decisions and mix it up..sometimes the one time cross can be effective as we saw birchall did..and then sometimes he can use his skill to get by and then cut into the box drawing the extra defender
Back in Trini...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 05:17:03 AM »
People getting carried away a little on this Carlos issue. Carlos had a good game individually. he did not have the support overlapping from Spann or the outlet in the centre to pass to. The crosses were the worst part of his game but even then there was absolute no one following up on the left side. The left was more a problem than the right I think. This was largely due to an ineffective Latapy. This cannot and will not happen on Wednesday.  We may even play with 2 fowards in this game. We need pace and Glen has that.

I thought the centre on midfield was the biggest failure in our game. I saw Andrews running 20 yards with the ball and trying to play it long. YOrke needs to collect the ball early and get it to either Latapy or Otis who could travel and make a pass. We did this in our three games before and we need to do it again. I'm confident that the coach knows what he's doing and we'll get the result we need to qualify for Germany 2006.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 08:15:45 AM »
Our playmakers were marked heavily and still shots wern't taken as they should by the others.

Very good point!

I think you could compare the Nov-12 game to a boxing match. Let's say you have a boxer with two secret weapons (his right and left hooks to the body). An opponent would prepare his defensive technique to protect his body against those punches. However, this boxer with the secret weapons should have other weapons at his disposal. While keeping his opponent continually aware of his left and right hooks, he should also be going for the head with straight punches and uppercuts wherever possible.

What does all of this have to do with football? Well, we are heavily reliant on Latas, Stern John, Edwards and Yorke. These guys are going to be heavily marked and even double-teamed. Let's show these Bahrainis that we have other players that are equally dangerous. Even though we may try to build up to a strategic play, other men (just like Birchal) should be taking the shots whenever possible.

1]; } ?>