March 29, 2024, 09:02:10 AM

Author Topic: All de bitchin must stop, watch the game a second time!  (Read 2076 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
All de bitchin must stop, watch the game a second time!
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:54:10 PM »
This is my assessment after watching the game today!

1)  Bahrain is a SH!T side and do not deserve to be playing on this level!

2)  We did not play as bad as I thought we did.  Yes, we did not have the energy and hustle of the Mexico game, maybe the players were too tired/nervous. 

3)  I maintain that the substitution of Latapy was a terrible move, he had a good game, except anytime he got the ball, three men were on him, yet most of his passes were accurate and connected.  Instead of substituting him, I would have used him as a decoy to draw the Bahrain players away from the middle of the field, opening up the middle.

4)  We played with 10 men.  I don't give a sh!t if King Beenieman came up with this plan, but whoever thinks that Stern John playing so far up front expecting some miracle cross/pass to get to him while marked by two men know nothing about football.  Stern needs to come back some.

5)  The defense played the offside trap well.  Some lapses did occur.  That goal was not Marvin Andrews fault, he was fouled by another stink Bahrain player bushing him, he maybe did not realize he was marking two men but someone needs to shout out to another defender to pick up the other player who headed the ball.  What happened is a guy rushed in and pushed John down, leaving another Bahrain player free to head the ball.  Obviously planned!

6)  I retract my statements that Jack should have come out and punched out that cross, I don't think he could have but I still believe Shaka should be starting, I think he communicates more with the defense.

7)  Whitley, Birchal, and Edwards all had great games.  Yorke should have scored one of those chances, maybe he is not as quick and agile as he used to be.

8 )  Beenhakker was outcoached, he should never have substituted Latas and should not have criticized Birchal after the game.  Latas was substituted in his last game for Falkirk, I hope this substitution does not affect his confidence.  Why did our players look so tired?  Why did he not use Glen to provide a spark and have another fresh pair of legs in the last 10 minutes?

9)  I do not like what seemed like an argument between Stern and Yorke in the 2nd half.  They did not appear to be on good terms.

10) Latapy needs to stop taking corners and spot kicks, let Birchall do that job.  Latapy has not had one good corner in the last two games.

I believe we will beat Bahrain come Wednesday, I predict a 3-1 victory! :chilling:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:14:06 PM by whayuhsay »

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: All de bitchin must stop, watch the game a second time!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:14:15 PM »
Af forget to say dat Carlos is a boss player!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 09:19:29 PM »
I feel Jack is the right choice, Shaka have a tendency to get beaten by shots....
And I think Latas was righfully subbed.

Maybe Beenie was thinking of the second game and gave him some more rest.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 09:37:24 PM »
Latapy along with Stern were the 2 most ineffective players on our side. I support Stern and Latapy all the way but you can't deny that we played more positively when they came off. Latapy was also marked hard against Mexico but he came deep and collected the ball and travelled with it. I didn't see that yesterday. We had chances to score on Bahrain even after we equalised; we just didn't execute and don't think Latapy would have made that difference.

I agree with you that Beenie was outcoached in this game. The attacks coming down the right side mainly from Carlos aimed at Stern who was marked by 2 men were totally insufficient. The only outlet Carlos had in the middle trailing Stern was Birchall(good player but cyar trap first time under pressure and pass). The follow up on the left side for the crosses were non existent. Avery John was easily the worst player for us. I would have put Spann on the left and play Cyd in RB. There was a glaring weakness in Bahrain that we should have exploited. That #3 defender is real shit and he was taken on by our attackers.

We played Bahrain's football and not ours. We just need to play our ball and we'll beat them on Wednesday. In order to play our brand Latapy needs to step up and yesterday he was AWOL on the park. I'm confident however that these problems will be sorted out and the World Cup 2006 is our destiny.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:42:27 PM »
Breds, watch the game again, and tell me where Latapy made an error.  He was not as effective as against Mexico but that's a different team, Latapy played some excellent passes in the first half but often, the rest of the team was not reading him.  Padnah, watch the game again.  You said we played better without him, yet soon after he left the field, is goal in we backside and if it was not for a goal from God through Birchall, we would have lost that game.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 09:53:39 PM »
i agree with point number 1...most boring/unsporting team we've played against.
Hart for president

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 10:01:55 PM »
Padnah, watch the game again. You said we played better without him, yet soon after he left the field, is goal in we backside and if it was not for a goal from God through Birchall, we would have lost that game.

What would Latapy have to do with Otis not pick up the short corner which was at least their 3rd and allowing 1 of only 2 Bahraini players in the box to get a free header.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 10:10:26 PM »

2)  We did not play as bad as I thought we did.  Yes, we did not have the energy and hustle of the Mexico game, maybe the players were too tired/nervous. 

Points I and 2 are troubling if we drawed 1-1 at home with this team.  Either you are giving our team too much credit or not giving the opponent any.  I would stop at saying we did not play well and would be much more improved against Bahrain on Wednesday.

Most of the other points I have no problem with. Birchall needs to take some of the set plays.  Carlos crosses are poor, but I think he should continue his runs into the area rather than holding up to make the cross to one player (Stern) in the area.  He is definitely breaking down the wing backs but the service afterwards is not the greatest.

The road to Germany is not easy but it should not be.  We will carry on.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 11:46:23 PM »
Breds, yuh preachin to de choir, I is de man dat post the thread below for which every man jack cuss meh out....  After watching the game a 2nd time, I now am comfortable saying that Bahrain is a sh!t side.  They have a few good players and frustrate their opponent with their defensive and nasty play but overall, I am not impressed.

Everybody, HUSH allyuh damn mout!
« on: October 27, 2005, 09:00:59 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The overconfidence on this board is a sure sign of arrogance and is the exact recipe to failure that Bahrain wants.  The last time we sounded like this was Strike Squad in 1989 especially after Jack Warner announced, "When we get to Italy, we will be a force to be reckoned with".

Look, I like many here have dedicated at least two decades in supporting TnT.  It's been a long and painful journey and I doh want no more heart attack with a loss against Bahrain.  But the only way we will beat Bahrain is if we approach the game with the respect they deserve, we must approach this game giving that team as much respect as we did to Mexico prior to the last game.  Stop all de Bullsh!t dat is a "sh!t side" and we go "mash dem up" and all this nonsense, haven't we been down that road before, what's the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me", fellas, please get off allyuh phu*uing high horse and do not repeat the same arrogant mistake we made in 1989.  This team has already beaten Panama 5-0, even though it was Panama's B side, it was also Bahrain's B side, the fact is they already have a good taste of Concacaf football, and I know Panama is no TnT but 5-0 is an impressive win no matter how yuh skin it.  All this talk from Latas on "Vibes it up" like is a phu*uing lime we going to, no, we not ready for that, and I am not taking anything away from the Warriors last win, but Mexico didn't have anything to play for and we got past Guatemala in the last 5 minutes but a win is a win; our team more than deserve 4th place but we eh all dat tuh be torking like we is boss and Bahrain is nutten.  Don't get me wrong, it was clear that Mexico wanted to beat us badly, they gave us a good fight, and in all fairness, that game was one of the best I ever see TnT play but it is different when the team you are playing also has the same dream as you do and it's a winner take all situation.  Bahrain is a good team, do not underestimate them, we must approach this game as we did Mexico but all I am hearing here is it go be a walk over and we must give dem 4 - 0 in TnT, wake up, and many people read this website, including players, let's not get stupid and drunk with arrogance, please come down to earth realizing how difficult and serious this game will be.

Beenieman is returning on 11/4, I hope he doing his homework overseas, the team as late as the 7th, Yorke on the 8th (he might not recover from that Australia flight jetlag until the 10th), we don't have any practice matches with Uzbekastan (or however you spell it) or any other Asian team, they already have a leg up on us.  And phu*ue Nahkid and all dem odder bullahmen trying to mess we up.  We need to FOCUS and respect the difficult road that lies ahead.

Anyone going to the game, please, if we down a goal, doh get quiet nah, TnT is the only country where we down one goal,  is then the crowd does get quiet whereas every other nation realize that dais when the team needs your voices and support.  Also, since Bahrain wearing red, I hope we get anuddah 2nd uniform because we did not look good the last time we played in white, yeah, call meh paranoid….  Lastly, I am happy FIFA did not wipe out the yellow cards because I think we play best when we play our natural style and not depend on the physical game and according to the man himself, "we let the ball do the talking", play more ball control/skill than physical play, like we did against Mexico, dat was an incredible display of TnT magic on the field.

Blessings

Points I and 2 are troubling if we drawed 1-1 at home with this team.  Either you are giving our team too much credit or not giving the opponent any.  I would stop at saying we did not play well and would be much more improved against Bahrain on Wednesday.

Most of the other points I have no problem with. Birchall needs to take some of the set plays.  Carlos crosses are poor, but I think he should continue his runs into the area rather than holding up to make the cross to one player (Stern) in the area.  He is definitely breaking down the wing backs but the service afterwards is not the greatest.

The road to Germany is not easy but it should not be.  We will carry on.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 12:06:04 AM »
I agree with most of the initial post of this thread except that Shaka should replace Jack.

But  ARE WE READY FOR THE TRUTH?

Let us be honest about the game last Saturday.  The teams played like secondary school boys. The structure of play was wanting.  It seemed as if the only planned build up was for Avery John to distribute to Latapy, latas would then somehow elude his markers and distribute to either Dwight or Stern; However the markers for latas were on target and they did frustrate the little magician to the point where the coach felt that it was best to substitute him --- BIG MISTAKE ---- Even if latas was marked off or even tired, the Bahrain game was centered on him (latas) & Stern John... All that was needed was to switch the structure of the game from being Latas, Dwight and Stern focused from a warrior perspective but let the Bahraini keep their focus there.  Once they keep focusing on the trio that simply means we would have more freedom in other areas which should have been effectively utilized------ Immediately when Jones was introduced we saw the Bahraini team being a bit confused because this went against their game plan however their adjustment came in.

Individual Bahrainis are not skillful as the warriors however their play was strategically planned and we fell victim.   The hard fact is that the Bahraini team is simply not a good team.  Their players can hardly even shoot at goal.  Did we notice how much shots went zooming over-bar?

If Avery John is to continue he need to buck up and stop giving away easy balls Also, I can’t understand why Mr Spann was allowed to continue playing……. It was nice to see Dwight back up front.  Birchall is good right where he is, he has proven that he is not afraid to attack from outside…. This is a great plus for the team.  Jason Scotland was disappointing.

Overall, I have argued (everyone disagrees with me) that the team is playing no better than when coach St Clair was dismissed.  The reference is always drawn to the Mexico game and how good we looked then --- I tell my friends that Mexico did not play when they came to Trinidad.  The saving grace for the team post St Clair was Latas. The arrival of the little magician against Guatemala was most instrumental in the team’s progress not Bennhacker.

Nevertheless I am not a supporter of the current coach although I believe he is a very good coach for European style football NOT SOCA FOOTBALL-- I know most people disagree with me but I would say employ Russell Latapy or David Nakhid for the job and stop the habit of firing coaches on the doorstep of success.  We have the technology available-- are we saying that we do not have the minds..........?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 01:53:35 AM »
Shaka have a tendency to get beaten by shots...

And Shaka have ah tendency to play in the EPL...where Jack or Ince will never see the light of day as a 3rd stringer far less a starter. Class is class...he eh perfection but he is class never the less.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All Negative Posters and Waggonists Hush!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 08:43:45 AM »
2 days. Lewwe vibes it up.
The team is hungry and so are the fans. Don't let a lil disappointment lead us astray
we have come too far and been through much worse on this journey to abandon ship now
GO WARRIORS!!!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 09:41:16 AM »
2 days. Lewwe vibes it up.
The team is hungry and so are the fans. Don't let a lil disappointment lead us astray
we have come too far and been through much worse on this journey to abandon ship now
GO WARRIORS!!!
I couldn't have put it better...Go T&T

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 09:43:25 AM »
Man, I agree with most of your comments except for the coaching and Nakid returning.  The team did play like a BSC team but I am hoping it was just nerves and lack of play together and of course lack of a warm up game, that is what we definitely needed.

The Bahrain team seems to be more fit than us, I think that is their big advantage.  We looked tired but then again we possessed the ball most of the day.

I still feel we will prevail!

I agree with most of the initial post of this thread except that Shaka should replace Jack.

But  ARE WE READY FOR THE TRUTH?

Let us be honest about the game last Saturday.  The teams played like secondary school boys. The structure of play was wanting.  It seemed as if the only planned build up was for Avery John to distribute to Latapy, latas would then somehow elude his markers and distribute to either Dwight or Stern; However the markers for latas were on target and they did frustrate the little magician to the point where the coach felt that it was best to substitute him --- BIG MISTAKE ---- Even if latas was marked off or even tired, the Bahrain game was centered on him (latas) & Stern John... All that was needed was to switch the structure of the game from being Latas, Dwight and Stern focused from a warrior perspective but let the Bahraini keep their focus there.  Once they keep focusing on the trio that simply means we would have more freedom in other areas which should have been effectively utilized------ Immediately when Jones was introduced we saw the Bahraini team being a bit confused because this went against their game plan however their adjustment came in.

Individual Bahrainis are not skillful as the warriors however their play was strategically planned and we fell victim.   The hard fact is that the Bahraini team is simply not a good team.  Their players can hardly even shoot at goal.  Did we notice how much shots went zooming over-bar?

If Avery John is to continue he need to buck up and stop giving away easy balls Also, I can’t understand why Mr Spann was allowed to continue playing……. It was nice to see Dwight back up front.  Birchall is good right where he is, he has proven that he is not afraid to attack from outside…. This is a great plus for the team.  Jason Scotland was disappointing.

Overall, I have argued (everyone disagrees with me) that the team is playing no better than when coach St Clair was dismissed.  The reference is always drawn to the Mexico game and how good we looked then --- I tell my friends that Mexico did not play when they came to Trinidad.  The saving grace for the team post St Clair was Latas. The arrival of the little magician against Guatemala was most instrumental in the team’s progress not Bennhacker.

Nevertheless I am not a supporter of the current coach although I believe he is a very good coach for European style football NOT SOCA FOOTBALL-- I know most people disagree with me but I would say employ Russell Latapy or David Nakhid for the job and stop the habit of firing coaches on the doorstep of success.  We have the technology available-- are we saying that we do not have the minds..........?

1]; } ?>