April 27, 2024, 12:30:02 PM

Author Topic: Shaikh Fawaz: referee denied us a crucial victory.  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaikh Fawaz: referee denied us a crucial victory.
« on: November 13, 2005, 09:04:06 PM »
Heroes hailed.
By Rami Hulayyel.
[/size]

Bahrain's national soccer team heroes were given a grand reception last night on their arrival in a private jet from Port-of-Spain following a 1-1 draw in the first-leg against Trinidad and Tobago. The delegation was headed by the General Organisation for Youth and Sports president Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa who thanked the Kingdom's leadership for its support to the team.
Trinidad also reached Bahrain last night with a delegation headed by its president George Maxwell Richards and over 300 Trinidad supporters.
The second-leg will be played on Wednesday at the National Stadium.
"It was a very tough match for us as we played in a different region for the first time, but the players put up a tremendous performance and deserved this result," said Shaikh Fawaz on arrival.
Shaikh Fawaz, however, warned the team against complacency.
"Some poor decisions by referee Mark Shield denied us a crucial victory, but I have full faith in our players to seize this opportunity and qualifying for the World Cup. I also believe that Bahraini supporters will decide the fate of the team," he said.
Bahrain Football Association (BFA) vice-president Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa bin Ahmed Al Khalifa said it was a crucial result against a team like Trinidad consisting of professionals based in England and Scotland.
"The team did well in Port-of-Spain and will have to perform similarly here on Wednesday. I believe the players are capable of doing especially well, particularly in front of their home crowd," he said.
Bahrain goalkeeper and the team's most capped player Ali Hassan, who bought off some outstanding saves, said the first-leg was only the 'first-half' and they still have a 'second-half' at the National Stadium.
"This is a do-or-die match for us. We have never been so close to the World Cup and should never miss this opportunity," said the 34-year-old Muharraq Club goalkeeper.
"The players are in high spirits and determined to win Wednesday's match and dedicate this achievement to the Kingdom and its leadership," he said.
"I would like to thank Shaikh Fawaz who was with us for most of the time and gave us his support," he said.
Defender Sayed Mohammed Adnan said the team played a great match in spite of the long journey they made.
"We still have 90 minutes to go and it will decide our fate. At this stage, we need full support from our fans and we promise to give off our best," he said.
"We played a very good game and shocked the hosts with Salman Isa's goal, but we were unlucky to concede the lead," said Bahrain star striker Ala'a Hubail, who came in for Hussain Ali just after half-time.
"I was pleased with the performance. Each player did his work perfectly and now it is time for us to prepare for the next stage," added Ala'a, the elder brother of team midfielder Mohammed.
"I would like to invite all our supporters for the second-leg in which we will be in our complete red outfit which will boost us morally," he said.
BFA member Yousef Hassan said he was expecting this result. "I spoke to the players before the match and told them that this Trinidad team is not better than us," said the former international.
Interestingly, Hassan was a member of the national junior team which reached the semi-finals in the 1989 World Cup in Scotland along with present goalkeeper Hassan. "Our mission is not over yet. We still have one match to go. So, let's hold off our celebrations until the final whistle on Wednesday," said Hassan.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Re: Shaikh Fawaz: referee denied us a crucial victory.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:10:44 PM »
hahahaha ... the referee deny them a victory? .. hahahahaha

How about the referee was lenient not to reduce them to 9 men for them two breakfoot tackles.
How about the referee didn't card half their team for time wasting.

Dat F-in idiot need to shut he mouth and count he lucky stars.

Now allyuh men see how the Iraqis thought they win the Gulf War .... Propoganda!!!

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 09:13:38 PM »
the man say this trinidad team is not better than us if this man was on the Nazi proproganda machine Hitler woulda win the war :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 09:15:51 PM »
Hold on that reporter see the gamee? Their team play real mess. I need to read the express and see what we say cause that reporter either accustomed to see that level of football or he never hear about an unbiased report.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 09:18:04 PM »
He can't be serious. There were no contentious calls that could have caused Bahrain to score another goal. The officiating was good and if anything a bit too lenient with some of the Bahraini tackling and unsportmanship. The result was fair considering the fact the we missed chances on our own accord.

He probably doesn't know anything about football anyway.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 09:19:09 PM »
the man say this trinidad team is not better than us if this man was on the Nazi proproganda machine Hitler woulda win the war :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 10:45:42 PM »
what 1989 world cup in scotland r they talkin bout?? :thinking:

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 11:01:39 PM »
what 1989 world cup in scotland r they talkin bout?? :thinking:

world youth championships

-------------------------

ANYWAYS !!! WHERE DOES HE MENTION THE REFEREE ?

lol he does not mention the ref man ... talk about misleading title  ;D

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 11:55:30 PM »
wah u mean he eh mention the ref???read again partner!!
Heroes hailed.
By Rami Hulayyel.
[/size]

"Some poor decisions by referee Mark Shield denied us a crucial victory, but I have full faith in our players to seize this opportunity and qualifying for the World Cup. I also believe that Bahraini supporters will decide the fate of the team," he said.

I see it quite clearly there...how bout u?
Back in Trini...

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 12:19:43 AM »
wah u mean he eh mention the ref???read again partner!!
Heroes hailed.
By Rami Hulayyel.
[/size]

I see it quite clearly there...how bout u?

I see it now ... I think he caught the Italian bug or somethin  ;D

no one else from Bahrain mentioned the ref

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 12:42:04 AM »

I see it now ... I think he caught the Italian bug or somethin ;D

no one else from Bahrain mentioned the ref

Italian bug lol! i like how yuh put it! :beermug:
Back in Trini...

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 07:32:18 AM »
He deny tnt ah penalty when de bahraini hands de ball in de box in de second half too. :-\
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 10:33:17 AM »
HAAAAAAAAAAAA Mr Fawaz u a mad man or something. the referee denied us a penalty in the final stages of the game. Had we gotten the penalty we wud have more than likely won the game. and bahrain better than trinidad. ha. horse u either need to stop using crack or get glasses or take a purge cuz de crap in yuh system messin up yuh thinkin. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »
Allyuh jsut remember ... these people myopic in there view of the game. Reality is a b!tch ... and not apparently they unwillign ot live in this world. Let them enjoy themselves in LA LA land and not see that a flicking strom coming... and no amount ah old talking will save  them.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

1]; } ?>