March 28, 2024, 03:51:39 PM

Author Topic: Why did we play with 10 men?  (Read 2514 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Why did we play with 10 men?
« on: November 13, 2005, 09:29:34 PM »
I don't give a sh!t if King Beenieman came up with this plan, but whoever thinks that Stern John playing so far up front expecting some miracle cross/pass to get to him while marked by two men know nothing about football.  Stern needs to come back some or move towards the ball to make himself available!  Stern did not score his two goals against Mexico by hiding between two defenders whole game, he came back and supported the midfield.  Even Yorke was arguing with him in the second half!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:38:50 PM by whayuhsay »

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
Re: Why did we play with 10 men?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:32:24 PM »
Maybe he was hoping that the boys would shoot some rattle up the defence a lil bit force them to 'close down' the danger leaving stern free a bit what had to happen was edwards shoulda cut inside he had the room and either square it to john or birchal or go for glory
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 09:36:27 PM »
Lewee jus face facts... beenie send dem out to play football and dem boys freeze up on de night and choke...

can't afford to do it again... Bharain eh good one lil bit
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 09:37:18 PM »
I agree, Bahrain is ah shit side but yuh cyar score standing up between two defenders...

Lewee jus face facts... beenie send dem out to play football and dem boys freeze up on de night and choke...

can't afford to do it again... Bharain eh good one lil bit

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 11:09:13 PM »
my senitments also, come back and get de ball, stand up strikers doh make a diff in a game, glenn woulda eat dey food if he was on, ill tell yuh dat, he ent waitin 4 long ball or cross, he waitin 4a chance 2 attack wit runs, wit thru balls

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 11:12:33 PM »
continue saying Bahrain is a shit side ...

lol

fact is Bahrain came into trinidad and completely shut down a team that you said would whoop our ass 5-0 on both legs.

Bahrain and Trinidad have equal teams... and its gonna be hard to call a winner

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 11:38:33 PM »
I honestly cant call them a shit side cuz hell we didnt beat them...But looking at them it not a strong team to put it nicely! I do however respect the team cuz they did what they needed to do even tho some of it was unsportsman like to say de least...hate games like that buh u hadda deal wit it
Back in Trini...

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »
Watch that game again dred, Bahrain eh do much at all, they had maybe two or three chances and capitalize on one!

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 11:58:59 AM »
wahyuhsay, i und3erstand where u coming from but I don't see Stern as the problem. When carlos get the ball iz only stern he have to try and pick out or sometimes latas was comin een, but the thing is when u playing with 1 striker yuh wingers suppose to be running in as forwards also. Like when carlos cross d ball and going back post and  waiting for d left winger to run in but den i remember we doh have a left winger. And another thing is that Yorke and Whitely shoulda be coming in d box when carlos had it with whitely staying on top to leh go some demons and Birchall woulda b near to lay off to ass well, but that is just from my standpoint. i aint d coach.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 11:59:23 AM »
bahrain lucky to get ah draw.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline goodfootball171267

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 12:15:20 PM »
Truth of the matter is

Quote ... "ON ANY GIVEN DAY" ... Unquote.

The game was up for grabs, anyone coulda win that night.  Bahrain did what they had to do.  T&T wasn't good enough to force the win they needed.  Remember people ... Goals win matches ... no matter how badly a team plays ... once they score one more goal than the next team ... THEY WIN.

Some guys had bad games ... it happens.  But i think T&T players will lift their games and the team will prevail.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 12:55:31 PM »
whoever thinks that Stern John playing so far up front expecting some miracle cross/pass to get to him while marked by two men know nothing about football. 
Yorke and Whitely shoulda be coming in d box when carlos had it with whitely staying on top to leh go some demons and Birchall woulda b near to lay off to ass well
that is the answer, cuz if two men on stern somebody else have to be free right/eg. when stern lay back to yorke ad he muffed the shot.  support on top the box is what was lacking.

I honestly cant call them a shit side cuz hell we didnt beat them...But looking at them it not a strong team to put it nicely! I do however respect the team cuz they did what they needed to do even tho some of it was unsportsman like to say de least...hate games like that buh u hadda deal wit it

we do the same ting to mexico.  I feel we all need to realise that this is a good defensive side.  Anybody remember Senegal als WC?  Or cameroon in '90?  sometimes good defense make "better" team loss.
buh like we rather to call weself better and out dan give dem they props and realise where we need to improve

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 02:26:34 PM »
I still can't believe that people still calling Bahrain a shit side. They are not a flair team or the most attacking either but playing to your strenghts and playing intelligent, discilpined football are all great traits to have. Sometimes that style works against some teams and sometimes it doesn't. Many would say Greece was a shit side in the Euro last year, that didn't stop them from winning.

Bahrain's style may not be what we like to see as fans but they have done what they set out to do. I told a group of fellahs lining up on Saturday that I will be happy with a 1 - 0 victory, they laughed and asked if I'm f**kin mad or what, they said at least 4 for Bahrain.

I still say however that we can do the business on Wednesday though.

Offline Warrior princess

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 02:28:09 PM »
continue saying Bahrain is a shit side ...

lol

fact is Bahrain came into trinidad and completely shut down a team that you said would whoop our ass 5-0 on both legs.

Bahrain and Trinidad have equal teams... and its gonna be hard to call a winner

did u happen to realize dis is d warriors website?an by d way they didnt COMPLETELY SHUT US DOWN ,take your time...an it would be appreciated if you referred to as as the soca warriors instead of A TEAM. Trini team is bosses,we jus didnt play at our full potential saturday,but all thats in the past,come wednesday we go show them wat trinis made of .no hard feelings eh my boy, but bahrain not makin world cup 2k6
carpe diem!

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 02:30:45 PM »
I don't give a sh!t if King Beenieman came up with this plan, but whoever thinks that Stern John playing so far up front expecting some miracle cross/pass to get to him while marked by two men know nothing about football.  Stern needs to come back some or move towards the ball to make himself available!  Stern did not score his two goals against Mexico by hiding between two defenders whole game, he came back and supported the midfield.  Even Yorke was arguing with him in the second half!

It's called playing as a target striker who is called upon to 'strech the field', he does not need to necessarily 'drop back' onto a FIVE man midfield ... his movement should be to get into passing lanes to receive and LINK with the midfield .... whayuhsaydatyuhnevaplayfootballinyuhlife!!!!!!!!!!

:challenge:
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 02:56:48 PM »
UPRISING I HEAR WHAT YOU SAYING, BUT STERN STILL NEEDED TO GET MORE INVOLVED.
Even if they want to play long ball he should  come out and make the distance shorter, so he could control and give the midfielders time to move up the field.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 03:01:55 PM »
 Stern John didn't  get  any balls....if Carlos Edwards crossed the ball a littlle more Stern would have had a greater impact....go T&T

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 03:26:04 PM »
I agree that Edwards was the key ..he is playing well but not effectively...if he gets up the line he only has one target (Stern) vs. 3 defenders ...SO ..when yuh beat that defender wide ..CUT IN run at the defense .. don't cut back and den cut back again ..that is a waste of time ..but yuh know how it go ...de crowd go bawl when yuh do dat ..so yuh go keep doing it...

Yes we all recognise that Stern's work rate is not tops .. but I maintain that he should not drop back into the midfield...the midfield has to do a better job of getting forward AS A UNIT .... the lack of urgency those fellas showed in getting forward was very disappointing ..especially against that type of style ..Trinidad is good enough to attack that team in waves ...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

1]; } ?>