April 23, 2024, 02:22:05 PM

Author Topic: "LET-DOWN" is what the TNT GUARDIAN choose to put as they headline....  (Read 5755 times)

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
With one game to go people already start to jump off the boat... I wake up to read the papers and I see "LET-DOWN" big and bold on the front page..... I real steups..... dem f**kers certainly know how to give we team support..... When we win Wednesday, the f**ker @ the TNT guardian go be back on board, but they go keep they life vest close, in case they have to jump again...... f**kers
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 11:29:39 PM by marcus »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: "LET-DOWN" is what the TNT GUARDIAN choose to put as they headline....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 11:32:48 PM »
well i kinda expected that...we all know how trinis are..so we cant act surprised
That being said we kno and the players kno that they are not dead...nowhere near such...they are not in the best position but still can easily get things dun!! and i believe they shall
Go TnT
Back in Trini...

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 11:44:24 PM »
Well I really didn't expect that from the guardian and it was a bit harsh but they have to sell papers. The reporters and editors are all TT fans so they would put their feelings out there.

I not excusing what they did....they go change they tune in the Thursday edition.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:33:53 AM »
De guardian is a newspaper run by elitists with political agendas. They don't care about football and they certainly don't care about T&T. What they say doesn't matter as far I'm concerned. 

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 04:36:57 AM »
They damn right it was a let down TT play shit and we had a team to hang.

I remaining psitive for wed but yuh must call a spade a spade and yuh must not accept mediocrity which is what was on display Sat.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 04:50:52 AM »

I remaining psitive for wed but yuh must call a spade a spade and yuh must not accept mediocrity which is what was on display Sat.

To be honest everyone was let down but a headline like that could do more harm than good to a team. The team was mediocre and they know it. Let the technical staff and the captain , latapy and the rest of the team concentrate on football. We the fans must maintain the support for our Soca Warriors and for the Guardian to print a headline like that mean either they don't understand football or they just don't care.

The media always plays a role in these things and around the world when it comes to football the media has shown itself to be wrong too many times. They say this and that put unnecessary pressure on teams and players and when they are proven wrong its just another day in paradise.

I was watching the lauching of Carnival 2006 on tv last nite and you would belive the kind of support the team has from real "grass roots" trinis. We all saw the game and for us the true fans to still support our team means that those idiots at the Guardian are wrong again. 

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 05:38:54 AM »

To be honest everyone was let down but a headline like that could do more harm than good to a team. The team was mediocre and they know it. Let the technical staff and the captain , latapy and the rest of the team concentrate on football. We the fans must maintain the support for our Soca Warriors and for the Guardian to print a headline like that mean either they don't understand football or they just don't care.

The media always plays a role in these things and around the world when it comes to football the media has shown itself to be wrong too many times. They say this and that put unnecessary pressure on teams and players and when they are proven wrong its just another day in paradise.

I was watching the lauching of Carnival 2006 on tv last nite and you would belive the kind of support the team has from real "grass roots" trinis. We all saw the game and for us the true fans to still support our team means that those idiots at the Guardian are wrong again.

That was a Phuked up Head line.. The headline shoudl have been.. " Bahrain MANAGED a draw "  or "Bahrain Get away with a draw.." NOT that Let down shit... Touches I agree with you all the way.. But I doh agree with them Shitty headlines bredda nah ... as Jah gol said, that doing more ahrd than good .... FIRE BUN GURADIAN.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline trininess

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 06:09:27 AM »
it shouldnt be a headline we shud support our team thru thick and thin ...buh we as trinis noe we let ourselves down ......dey played rellll shyt and wen u capable of sumtin buh only do it mediocre its a dissaointment ...buh we will regroup and wed we will by God's grace BE VICTORIOUS..

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 06:43:27 AM »
all i have to say 3RD WORLD COUNTRY....... 3RD WORLD JOURNALIST, allyuh never notice d guardian does never even know dey own players name an all dat kinda shit.... doh even take on dem on, dat is a mickey mouse newspaper, b4 they look to inspire d country to support dey put dat as d headline.....3RD WORLD COUNTRY.....3RD WORLD JOURNALIST.  These fools doh know the power they have BE RESPONSIBLE.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 07:02:00 AM »

yes we must call a spade a spade, but at the same time, that headline was not appropriate!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 07:37:08 AM »
  I am a journalist and I agree with the consensus that the paper has to be Socially responsible. This is a national pride and perception issue.. how many of us have a bad day and woouldn't like it thrown in our faces especially when we want to win as badly as everyone else.
 It was a let-down and that could have been placed inside or back page or top of sports. The more appropriate Headline I think should have been...
  Do or Die come Wednesday.. any other suggestions from the fan base?
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 08:16:33 AM »
  I am a journalist and I agree with the consensus that the paper has to be Socially responsible. This is a national pride and perception issue.. how many of us have a bad day and woouldn't like it thrown in our faces especially when we want to win as badly as everyone else.
 It was a let-down and that could have been placed inside or back page or top of sports. The more appropriate Headline I think should have been...

Now that is a perfect headline!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 09:23:41 AM »
Sorry folks but this is the kind of pressure professional athletes face almost daily. Read any paper when their National team do not achieve what is expected of them. I am not saying its right!

But its this kind of pressure cooker athmosphere they are subjected too. Just read some papers when Mexico, Holland or Spain stumble when playing even an exhibition game. You should have read Spain's newspaper when they only beat Canada 2-1 in an exhibition game.

The football public is not a sympathetic and usually the daily papers reflect that. Just read this web site and you will get a perspective of the public feelings. Man even saying Beenie is a shit coach  :-\

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 09:39:41 AM »
touches have the right attitude.we shoulda kill dem sat.tnt should have scored atleast three in de arse.forget tie 1-1 or 2-2.fuk that we have to win wed.bahrain cannot play ball.dem boys cannot trap,under pressure they give way de ball.see how much times dem men kick ball over the line.they lack skill and talent.trinidad DID LET WE DOWN SATURDAY.plus the keeper is one shithound.we definitly have to win wed.IS DO OR FUKING DIE.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 09:42:29 AM »
ah forget.me mum and carlos played excellent.doh forget the bullit birchall lehgo in the 7th min.that woulda b ah beauty of ah goal too.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 09:46:29 AM »
So if we happen to lose and go out on Wednesday, please advise what the "appropriate" headilne would be.

Thanks
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 09:46:52 AM »
 They shouldn't use a headline like that to be honest because the citizens could be swayed with it...We need positive support not fight-down....Go T&T

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 09:52:55 AM »
NOT all criticism is negative, everybody what to sugar coat it, ask yourselves this question, Would I eat sugar coated dog shit??? NO!!! The papers just stating what the country feels and if the team reads that, they will know that they can't let down the country again and would be doing their best not to let us down.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 09:53:20 AM »
They shouldn't use a headline like that to be honest because the citizens could be swayed with it...We need positive support not fight-down....Go T&T

Was the headline an accurate depiction of the mood of the country after the game on Saturday?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »

I agree that the country felt a huge disappointment but not all was lost. But say what they have plenty papers.. you choose which one best represents how you feeling!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 09:57:17 AM »
Well ah not sure but is a good thing the team leave before the papers hit the stand and dey didn't see that shit.  By the time they was in the Airport ah don't think the papers was distributed yet, ah could be wrong

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 10:04:19 AM »
Well ah not sure but is a good thing the team leave before the papers hit the stand and dey didn't see that shit.  By the time they was in the Airport ah don't think the papers was distributed yet, ah could be wrong

You are definitely wrong, papers go on sale before 11pm and i am sure the airport would get 2nd after PoS.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 10:26:39 AM »
LET-DOWN is very appropriate

cause that is what they do we, all yuh could dress it up how yuh want and say they manage ah draw and blah blah blah

point is they let we down

waggonist and all, the warriors could not have asked for nothing more
we pack the stadium, we make endless noise, we sing and we boo bahrain

them fokkaz could not a beat ah fete match side that day and all yuh know it
so doh get vex when ah reporter talk the truth they let we down

what happen all yuh fraid the warriors feelings get hurt

God forbid we loese on Wed wha should be the headline.
is all right warriors
we love you still warriors
South Africa for sure

Més que un club.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 10:36:36 AM »

cause that is what they do we, all yuh could dress it up how yuh want and say they manage ah draw and blah blah blah

point is they let we down

waggonist and all, the warriors could not have asked for nothing more
we pack the stadium, we make endless noise, we sing and we boo bahrain

what happen all yuh fraid the warriors feelings get hurt

God forbid we loese on Wed wha should be the headline.
is all right warriors
we love you still warriors
South Africa for sure

Tell it to them dtrini, we does want to be too soft, we have to let them know how we feel cause they will just play that shit again and when man crying they eyes out, they just going back to their normal lives so that shit can't happen and we must let them know that.

Germany or bust!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 10:43:38 AM »
boy all them fellas only know to do is talk shit

Oconnorg is ah man should know better

is now or never horse

you feel we could do this again in 4 years with the upcomming crop ah players

look how much trouble we get to reach this far
all yuh wha Latapy play in he 40's

we had to beg and beg for the government to give we ah measly 6 million you feel if we lorse they go give we more next time

yuh really feel if we lose thart Jack and or the government go pay Beenie salary till 2010

Dread the time is now is do or f**king die if it eh happen now it go never happen dread
the warriors let we down point blank and period.

1-1 is the same as 1-0
so all yuh put ah nice dress on it with some flowers and ah bow and make it look nice

we do shit

Més que un club.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 10:59:54 AM »
boy all them fellas only know to do is talk shit

Oconnorg is ah man should know better

is now or never horse

you feel we could do this again in 4 years with the upcomming crop ah players

look how much trouble we get to reach this far
all yuh wha Latapy play in he 40's

we had to beg and beg for the government to give we ah measly 6 million you feel if we lorse they go give we more next time

yuh really feel if we lose thart Jack and or the government go pay Beenie salary till 2010

Dread the time is now is do or f**king die if it eh happen now it go never happen dread
the warriors let we down point blank and period.

1-1 is the same as 1-0
so all yuh put ah nice dress on it with some flowers and ah bow and make it look nice

we do shit

Nah padnah..I can NEVER agree with that headline on a papers that is availible International.. People will think we are not RESOLVED in our faith in the team... Now is not a time to have F*cked up headlines like dat .. Nah I doh agree with that..

The way I see it, Bahrain was LUCKY they got away with a draw, cause we could Buss 6 in deh arse.. That is my stance..

But dont get me wrong, I agree Our boyz did not play their best game.. but imagine, we did not play their best and we draw.. and Bah Obviously came with their A game.. So they nuh ready for we.. We will Cut deh AArse come Wednesday ....

I hear what allyuh saying, but the headline for me was too negative.. Cyar agree with it .. it was not a very patriotic headline in My opinon... In my opinion, they have to choose their word properly... The wrong words will create the Wrong effect NAtionally ...

Thats My view.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 11:32:09 AM »

cause we could Buss 6 in deh arse.. That is my stance..

that is just it
yuh prove meh point
we could ah give them 6 but we didnt and giving them words of comfort in the papers eh go do nobody no good

I should ah be ah journalist
the headline would ah be
WARRIORS SHIT DOWN THEy SELF

Més que un club.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 11:51:31 AM »

Horse that comment real f**ked up, but to each his own...
It hard on the team too, you feel them boy did not fight saturday... do you feel that the draw hurt you more than it hurt dem? Whatever you feeling multiply that by 10... and that is what dem have to deal with, is the pride of a nation on top their back, a heavy cross to bear indeed. We must demand the best from our warriors, I agree! But with one leg left, it seems as though our faith and support comes and goes like the tides...

I came from NY for 2 days just to see the game, and I left feeling deflated but not defeated. When Bahrain score, we whole section went silent for 5 seconds and then started to shout support for we warriors, hoping that they could get an equalizer... One man try to be a monday morning quarterback when we went 1 goal down, he start to criticise the team and cuss players and thing... Well guess wha happen, he get kick the f**k out of the section, and people clap he ass out of dey... Wednesday, is a must win and we will...

Warriors Lets Go!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:07:41 PM by marcus »

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 11:52:11 AM »
everybody have de pardner..... yuh know de one who tellin yuh all trini good for is to miss goal, or miss penalty or beats too much.... half de time de hurtin so bad de jus want to lash out.... when we win first man singing an wining ..... that's all right.... is jus therapy they need... remember he who jumps off the sinking ship lives to jump off another day... the caveat of course is that if the ship doh end up sinking yuh have some clown diving into water at the first signs of difficulty or hardship..... I submit that the game is far from over.... is down to this last 90mins and I like we chances....   :chilling: :challenge: :chilling:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005, 11:53:34 AM »
the words "Let down" need not necessarily be construed to mean "they (warriors) let us down" in a negative way............it's just a way of saying that the result was a let down, and it in fact was.

It was anti-climatic, because we expected more...simple as that. The press is supposed to be the voice of the people, and to a large number of the people, the result was a pretty big let down.......

Let's not read into it too much.........these guys are supposed to be used to criticism by the press.

The Guardian headline is not a big deal.......let's move on.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 11:55:14 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>