April 28, 2024, 08:44:50 PM

Author Topic: Test Match #2  (Read 3534 times)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
Test Match #2
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:36:15 PM »
Hopefully most of us will try to keep the posts about the second test match in one thread. It makes no sense trying to follow the same topic in 5 or 6 different threads.

For this test I'd drop Smith, Ganga, Pagon, Deonarine and Browne and bring in Gayle, Sarwan, Lara, Mohammed and either Baugh or Ramdin. I don't think we can bowl out South Africa twice with 3 quick bowlers and 3 part time spinners. We need either a quality all-rounder or a forth bowler and I'd pick the forth bowler to be a spinner. Especially when 71 of the 160 second innings overs was bowled by the part time spinners.

We should not pick players based on talent, we need to pick the best team available. Smith, Pagon and Deonarine are talented, but talent and $1 will buy a bag of Olé.

TrinInfinite

Gayle has proven himself useless
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 06:04:16 PM »
Gayle has proven himself useless in tests, give dwayne smith ah chance, let him open with Hinds, bring back pagon and deonarine, my line-up so far has been de bess combo of dropped players and new stars. ask urself, why is ryan hinds on de team, over pagon and deonarine?

1]; } ?>