March 28, 2024, 05:23:56 PM

Author Topic: Latas worse performance: Nov12th or Nov19th?  (Read 4515 times)

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Latas worse performance: Nov12th or Nov19th?
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:06:32 AM »
1st let me say .. Latas is TT best ever in my opinion ..
2nd Bahrain did their homework ...#10 and #14 en make ah note..
3rd .. Me-mum goal going down as BETTER than Jamerson bullet ... why?.. he took a poor pass from Edwards and had picture perfect technique smashing dat ball in the back ah de net..

4th ...Whitley M.O.T.M
5th .. Edwards need to cut een instead of dancing down the wing and then giving away possession ..GO TO GOAL Carlos!

6th .. Beene worse game tactically so far!  ..still a boss ..but showed that he is human .. obviously did not have a plan B for if Latas and Yorke do not perform ..

7th .. How de Ass a 4ft tall Bahraini outjump Lawrence and Dog (actually they did NOT jump) to score a HEADER ...a bullet ok ah understand..but a HEADER dred?!??!

Latas game sat remind me of how he was completely a non-factor on Nov19th ...me-mum ..Thanks brethren ..we still alive!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latas worse performance: Nov12th or Nov19th?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:14:40 AM »
yeah Latas ent make ah note this match.  he was outhussled to the ball by faster players and forced into mistakes.  But I really think the attention he drew from the Bahrain defense was what allowed Whitely to look like the MOTM.  After Latas got subbed Whitely didn't look as good.  Hopefully if they use the same tactics Whitely could use the space he's given to help produce a goal or two.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 11:17:29 AM »
Point #7  really troubling to me.  no excuse for that 1.  say what weds is all out.  latas stern dwight coming out hard and strong.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:20:49 AM »
Allyuh fellas really does tork a bunch ah ta ta when allyuh ready.  Watch the facking game again, Latas did NOT have a bad game.  If we scored one of those chances in the first half, the momentum would have gone our way.  The Bahrain keeper made two great saves, one the outside shot from Birchall in the 1st 10 mins and then the header.  Latapy did not play at his best but he definitely did not have a bad game.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 11:27:05 AM »
Allyuh fellas really does tork a bunch ah ta ta when allyuh ready.  Watch the facking game again, Latas did NOT have a bad game.  If we scored one of those chances in the first half, the momentum would have gone our way.  The Bahrain keeper made two great saves, one the outside shot from Birchall in the 1st 10 mins and then the header.  Latapy did not play at his best but he definitely did not have a bad game.

Boss understand something .. Latas is ah legend ..so the bar is set high for him ...to see ah man of that calibre MISTRAPPIN, getting outhustled AND GIVING away possession ..if Yuh call Latas NOW ..he will tell yuh "ah had a bad game" .. call a spade a spade dred ..Latas en make a note .. ie. (since yuh sound like ah non footballer...) ..he had no influence on the game .. it was a good sub especially since it's a home and away situation ..

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 11:29:28 AM »
Bahrain did there homework on latas so dey took him out d game ,after realizing that i taught beenie should of brought in Jones into d attack earlier and should have Cornell Glen there too,but ................
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 11:37:51 AM »
Latas is ah legend fuh true... yuh doh take de man out.... understand the difference the man could make.... beenie never switch anybody... no flexibility.... carlos up an down on the right... stern in front ---by heself... de players play like if they tie --- some had 15 foot rope and some had 40 foot rope buh they play tie down... latas had to be creative and find a weak link... then work around that....  :chilling: ah really need to stop.... this like a freaking heartattack...  ;D

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 12:11:32 PM »
Latas is ah legend fuh true... yuh doh take de man out.... understand the difference the man could make.... beenie never switch anybody... no flexibility.... carlos up an down on the right... stern in front ---by heself... de players play like if they tie --- some had 15 foot rope and some had 40 foot rope buh they play tie down... latas had to be creative and find a weak link... then work around that....  :chilling: ah really need to stop.... this like a freaking heartattack...  ;D
It is a home and away tie so for a 37yo man to play both them games with all the travel included, it hard. I believe that in the end that substitution will benefit us with fresher prime players.

I also could serve as a reminder to everyone that they need to pick it up.
TnT Patriot

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 12:30:19 PM »
Great ones always rise to occasion. If Latapy & Yorke for that matter do not do the business on Wednesday  critics will always say they disappeared when they were needed most (Nov 12 & Nov 19th). Its the harsh world of professional sport but its a fact. Look at the stick Dwight took from ManU fans about his performance in the CL final. Look at all Henry has achieve, yet he still has critics saying that in big games he is yet to prove himself.

This is how Legends are made.

Latas & Dwight being in the business for so long, will be the first to put their hands up and tell you so
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 01:23:39 PM »
breds understand something...latas performance linked to the kinda weed he smoking that day..!!he prob had some bad weed and the don see that and say "he cyah help us nah" and take him off..but he should be able to get a good mix in de bahrain..hopefully

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 02:00:44 PM »

3rd .. Me-mum goal going down as BETTER than Jamerson bullet ... why?.. he took a poor pass from Edwards and had picture perfect technique smashing dat ball in the back ah de net..

Birchall's shot/goal came off of a deflected cross from Spann.

unforgettable shot !!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 02:11:16 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 02:02:46 PM »
my pardner floydie steadfastly maintains that latas is a man must never come off de field  but dumpa made a good point about the tiredness factor- i hadnt thought about the travel.  wow, the Don realliy is is a wily old fella. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 02:02:57 PM »
breds understand something...latas performance linked to the kinda weed he smoking that day..!!he prob had some bad weed and the don see that and say "he cyah help us nah" and take him off..but he should be able to get a good mix in de bahrain..hopefully

Either that or he smoked too many cigarettes that day........he looked fatigued, and uninterested in the game.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 02:10:04 PM »

Thanks for the clarification ..better yet ..that means that he had to have that much more technique to keep that shot down...when ah see he was lining up to hit one time ..as say oh lawwdd dat ball go end up by Smokey and Bunty!!  only to see ..net shake ..keeper mash up!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 02:20:52 PM »
them englishmen does learn to hit de ball properly.  to me watching home is like he twist he foot to hit the ball.    lord, i was hoarse for the rest of the night

Offline trainbairn

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 04:36:35 PM »
To be fair to Latas, he has looked disinterested in the last couple of Falkirk games as well so perhaps he is just not hitting the huigh standards he set for himself at the moment.Saying all that, if there is one player who is likely to turn the game on Wednesday night it will be him.Have faith and the Socawarriors will be in Germany next June for Latas swansong..

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 05:16:31 PM »
1st let me say .. Latas is TT best ever in my opinion ..
2nd Bahrain did their homework ...#10 and #14 en make ah note..

4th ...Whitley M.O.T.M
5th .. Edwards need to cut een instead of dancing down the wing and then giving away possession ..GO TO GOAL Carlos!

6th .. Beene worse game tactically so far!  ..still a boss ..but showed that he is human .. obviously did not have a plan B for if Latas and Yorke do not perform ..

7th .. How de Ass a 4ft tall Bahraini outjump Lawrence and Dog (actually they did NOT jump) to score a HEADER ...a bullet ok ah understand..but a HEADER dred?!??!

Latas game sat remind me of how he was completely a non-factor on Nov19th ...me-mum ..Thanks brethren ..we still alive!

I agree wit everyting yuh jus say dey. buh what about d Bahrain fellah da block out d ball from d free kick wit he hand like SHAQ!? huh?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 05:18:42 PM »
I believe that Latas will have a much better game on Wed. He was a non factor on Sat, but he will redeem himself on Wed. Ah still say we need more than one striker, Stern need ah lil help in de front.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 05:19:59 PM »
Dat was de worse I ever see Latas play....in any form of the game.  Fuh Club, Country, Village Team...whatever.

Hopefully the Latas I know will show up on Wednesday.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 07:12:57 PM »
Doh worry Palos Latas ent go disappoint dem Bahrainians.....He have to give them a taste. ;)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 07:23:12 PM »
bahrain have to be dense not to mark latas like they did on saturday. latas won't make a peep in the 2nd leg either - it's the others that have to step up. if they spending up 3 man to mark latas - which they will do on wednesday - then birchall, edwards and whitley have to come good.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 07:24:45 PM »
i agree, latapy wont breath on dat day, either john, glenn, edwards, birchall, whitley and glenn have tuh come good 4 us 2 win

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 07:29:09 PM »
Breds....Latas gettin mark by 2 and 3 man is nutting new fuh he.  If he get mark so, it jes means more opportunity fuh ooddah man.  De key of course being Latas ability to release de ball to dem players when dem fellas markin he so tight.  De problem was.....Latas was so off...his passing & control which is normally his hallmark was atrocious for him.  Maybe woulda be ok fuh somebody else...but a player of his ability and standards...it was terrible and he would admit that himself.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 07:40:20 PM »

Thanks for the clarification ..better yet ..that means that he had to have that much more technique to keep that shot down...when ah see he was lining up to hit one time ..as say oh lawwdd dat ball go end up by Smokey and Bunty!!  only to see ..net shake ..keeper mash up!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ah real laugh when ah read dah dey.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 07:56:02 PM »
Breds....Latas gettin mark by 2 and 3 man is nutting new fuh he. If he get mark so, it jes means more opportunity fuh ooddah man. De key of course being Latas ability to release de ball to dem players when dem fellas markin he so tight. De problem was.....Latas was so off...his passing & control which is normally his hallmark was atrocious for him. Maybe woulda be ok fuh somebody else...but a player of his ability and standards...it was terrible and he would admit that himself.

passing one thing. the way them bahraini foul, we getting a few free kicks come wednesday. honestly, i never been impressed with latas in dead ball situation.

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 09:29:31 PM »
Uprising to add one to your list

9) Why the arse in such a big game dem men keep tripping on one set ah blades ah grass

Agree with all yuh comments though.

In my perfect world

1) When they realise that the midfield was so tight, Spann wouda drop in the middle and latas start to play on the flank to force the Bahrainians to spread out a  bit more.

2) Beenie woulda sub Glen for Stern or even Scotland for that matter because Scotland didn't use his size and or 'freshness' every effectively.

Say what we keeping hope alive.....Wednesday is redemption day

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 06:28:12 AM »
We are 1-1 with Bahrain, and are essentially 90 minutes away from playing in the world cup and this is the kind of topic that people want to talk about?

Come on man uprising, i ent look fuh yuh dey!

We already comparing Nov 12 to de 19th.  Whether its just latas or not, we still shouldnt do it.

come on fellas, better than that! this is de kinda talk that i hear from dem waggonists on work who only crying down de side, not from my socawarrior.net crew.

I know that the intention is not to be negative uprising, but look at it from the way i am seeing it and u will understand.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 07:20:57 AM »
We are 1-1 with Bahrain, and are essentially 90 minutes away from playing in the world cup and this is the kind of topic that people want to talk about?

We already comparing Nov 12 to de 19th. Whether its just latas or not, we still shouldnt do it.

come on fellas, better than that! this is de kinda talk that i hear from dem waggonists on work who only crying down de side, not from my socawarrior.net crew.

I know that the intention is not to be negative uprising, but look at it from the way i am seeing it and u will understand.

Andre, Please report All instances of Waggonism by Supposed Die hards to me.. The will be Charged undet the Anti Waggonist Act....
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 08:07:43 AM »
LONG LIVE THE KING...     LONG LIVE THE KING.....THE KING SHALL RETURN TO SAVE THE SOULS OF THE PEOPLE.....   LONG LIVE THE KING....      HE HAS BEEN HEAVILY MARKED BEFOR AND HE SHALL BE HEAVILY MARKED AGAIN....YOU WILL REMEMBER THE MAGIC....   LONG LIVE THE KING....    HE SHALL DELIVER US TO THE PROMISE LAND

NOW SING WITH ME..     EE OOH EAY...CHECK DE DANGER ...OOOHH LATAPY INNA DE AREA

LATAPY
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 09:02:45 AM »

We already comparing Nov 12 to de 19th.  Whether its just latas or not, we still shouldnt do it.

First, oh lawd Dre ..please please doh puh mih in no waggonist section, ah see oconnor playin forum police (is me and he now :devil:)! 

I understand wha yuh saying ..keep the vibes positive ..I guess it was just the overall disappointment combined with the ABSOLUTE respect I have for Russell Latapy .. I doh even allow myself tuh tink that he could have a bad game .. it hurt mih to see de man mistrap and make bad pass ..  I had to go back 16yrs to find the last bad game he had ...so I en comparing 11/12 and 11/19 game fuh game .. is jes specific to Latas performance .. I jes want to see Tdad biggest player shine! ...

So Occonor.. back up back up!

1]; } ?>