April 16, 2024, 02:06:59 AM

Author Topic: Aurtis Whitley aka Otis Seaton  (Read 7997 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aurtis Whitley aka Otis Seaton
« on: April 05, 2005, 03:32:35 PM »
Could someone tell me what is dis man real name and what is de story behind de two names ?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aurtis Whitley aka Otis Seaton
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 04:04:35 PM »
The Mother name Whitley and the Father name Seaton. The man wanted that name for he chile, you know how man stay. So for peace sake the Priest baptise him with two names- A bit of Solomonic Wisdom.

Bertille being ole school, did not like the insistence of both names, thinking it would pose a mathematical problem, especially in Barbados. It would appear to Bertille that we would have been registering an extra player or use up an unnecessary sub.

No Problem- Leo would find a good Dutch name like Hullit'or Van.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ex-Soca Warrior Aurtis Whitley suffers minor stroke
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 07:50:00 AM »
Ex-Soca Warrior Aurtis Whitley suffers minor stroke
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

FORMER national footballer Aurtis Whitley, 43, suffered a minor stroke, on Friday.

Newsday confirmed the news, which is understood to be "a minor disruption in the feeling of his foot due to his Velcro veins in his legs."

Whitley, who was a member of the TT squad at the 2006 Germany World Cup, made 41 appearances for the national team from 2000 to 2008. He played for several local clubs during his career including W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh. He played for Jabloteh for the majority of his career from 1998 to 2007.

Terry Fenwick, current national senior men's football coach, coached Whitley at Jabloteh. Fenwick said, "I trained him when I first came to Trinidad (in the late 1990s) with Jabloteh and he was probably my most outstanding player. Obviously, I am very pleased to hear that it is nothing too serious, but I would hope that he looks after himself and whatever is necessary he keeps on top of."

His former national team-mate Densill Theobald said, "Upon hearing the news of my good friend and former team-mate Aurtis Whitley having a stroke, I made a couple calls just to confirm if that information was true or not."

After confirming the news, Theobald wished Whitley a speedy recovery. "I just want to take this opportunity to wish my good friend Aurtis Whitley (the best), who I hope to speak with in the next couple days after his recovery from his minor stroke that he suffered today (Friday)."

Theobald, who played 99 times for the national team from 2002 to 2013, said it has not been the best of times for TT football after two national players died in car accidents last year. "Knowing that we lost Jason Marcano and Shahdon Winchester – former footballers, former friends of us recently – it grieves your heart to know that another friend could have suffered that same fate...I really hope that it is nothing that is going to hamper or affect him in the long run and I hope he recovers 150 per cent." Marcano and Winchester died in May 2019 and December 2019 respectively.

Kerry Baptiste, Whitley's former team-mate at Jabloteh for several years, said, "I will be saying a prayer for him and his family...I leave it in God hands because only God could help him in the situation he is in right now."

Baptiste, who has 51 caps for TT from 2003 and 2010, said when he signed with Jabloteh as an 18-year-old he was fortunate to play alongside top players such as Whitley and Marvin Faustin.

"That was good years with Aurtis. He was a remarkable player to be alongside...I always used to be inspired by Aurtis, the way he played. He was a fascinating player on the field."

Baptiste said representing TT at a World Cup is an accomplishment that nobody can take away from Whitley. "Knowing this man qualify and made history, the only and first World Cup for the country. I was involved in that (lead up) campaign and knowing I played with this man and he did that, it was something big for me."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »
Quick recovery and Blessings!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA to discuss aid for Whitley
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 07:08:17 AM »
TTFA to discuss aid for Whitley
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday)

GENERAL secretary of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) Ramesh Ramdhan, said the local football body will discuss how it could assist former T&T footballer Aurtis Whitley, after the 2006 World Cup player suffered a health scare.

Whitley, 43, suffered a minor stroke, on Friday. The former midfielder, who was a member of the T&T squad at the 2006 Germany World Cup, made 41 appearances for the national team from 2000 to 2008. He played for several local clubs during his career including W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh. Whitley featured for Jabloteh for the majority of his career, playing for the club from 1998 to 2007.

Aid for Whitley through the TTFA could be problematic as control of the local governing body is currently before the High Court, after FIFA removed the recently elected executive and installed a normalisation committee to run the affairs. The controversial move has been vehemently opposed by deposed TTFA boss William Wallace who is fighting for control of the TTFA accounts. the normalisation committee is headed by Robert Hadad.

On Saturday, former referee Ramdhan, said, "I was really shocked to hear that, he is such a young guy. I had a very good relationship with him...he was one of the most skilful players I think in T&T football at that time and he was always respectful to me. I never had an issue, he was always cool, always smiling...it really painful to hear that he has suffered a stroke at such a young age."

Ramdhan said the TTFA will meet concerning Whitley's health and how it can help.

"We resume work at the office on Monday so I will discuss it...I will try to reach out over this weekend and see if I could get any further information.

"We will reach out to him and his family and personally I will like to go and look for him, wherever he is."

Recently removed TTFA president William Wallace said, "It was a surprise to me and I wish him all the best, I wish him a speedy recovery. I hope, as indicated by persons, that it is a minor one and that he can recover and continue to live a normal live.

"He has contributed to T&T football in a major way and it is always sad and unfortunate when our athletes are taken down, whether it is by things like this or worse yet when we lose them, so I wish him a speedy recovery."

Among those who wished Whitley a speedy recovery on Friday were his former coach at Jabloteh Terry Fenwick, now national coach, and former national players Densill Theobald and Kerry Baptiste.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »
Whitley: I just want to walk again.
By Walter Aibey (Guardian).

“I just want to walk again,” said former national midfielder Aurtis Whitley, who has been confined to his Morvant home since a lancing pain on the right side has left him unable to walk properly.

Whitley, who was an instrumental piece of coach Leo Beenhakker’s Soca Warriors puzzle for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, has been undergoing tests to determine the status and cause of his problems.

“It is not a stroke but doctors have been unable to say what is wrong and what can be done. I went to the Mt Hope hospital on Monday and I did a CT scan. On Tuesday I went back to Mt Hope to see the doctor but was told I came to see the wrong doctor,” Whitley explained.

The multi-talented attacking midfielder is scheduled to return to the medical facility on Tuesday for more tests, however, a bit dissatisfied with the treatment he has received to date, Whitley said he will first go back on Tuesday before he considers going to a private medical facility.

At 43 years, Whitley has had 41 appearances for the national team from 2000 to 2008 and has made his mark in the T&T Pro League while representing W Connection, a multiple-times winner of the League, and San Juan Jabloteh. He played for Jabloteh between 1998 and 2007, which represented the majority of his career.

He told Guardian Media Sports yesterday the pain has been slowly coming all the way to his right hand, which poses a concern of whether he will not have the proper use of his right hand just as his right foot. He walks with a drag while ongoing severe pain at the same time.

Since news of Whitley’s ailment broke last week, the football fraternity has been both, in shocked and concerned, with many of his former teammates for club and country sending get-well-soon greetings.

Guardian Media Sports understand also that financial assistance is expected to come from the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to help Whitley with his medical expenses.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
Whitley: I just want to walk again.
By Walter Aibey (Guardian).

“I just want to walk again,” said former national midfielder Aurtis Whitley, who has been confined to his Morvant home since a lancing pain on the right side has left him unable to walk properly.

Whitley, who was an instrumental piece of coach Leo Beenhakker’s Soca Warriors puzzle for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, has been undergoing tests to determine the status and cause of his problems.

“It is not a stroke but doctors have been unable to say what is wrong and what can be done. I went to the Mt Hope hospital on Monday and I did a CT scan. On Tuesday I went back to Mt Hope to see the doctor but was told I came to see the wrong doctor,” Whitley explained.

The multi-talented attacking midfielder is scheduled to return to the medical facility on Tuesday for more tests, however, a bit dissatisfied with the treatment he has received to date, Whitley said he will first go back on Tuesday before he considers going to a private medical facility.

At 43 years, Whitley has had 41 appearances for the national team from 2000 to 2008 and has made his mark in the T&T Pro League while representing W Connection, a multiple-times winner of the League, and San Juan Jabloteh. He played for Jabloteh between 1998 and 2007, which represented the majority of his career.

He told Guardian Media Sports yesterday the pain has been slowly coming all the way to his right hand, which poses a concern of whether he will not have the proper use of his right hand just as his right foot. He walks with a drag while ongoing severe pain at the same time.

Since news of Whitley’s ailment broke last week, the football fraternity has been both, in shocked and concerned, with many of his former teammates for club and country sending get-well-soon greetings.

Guardian Media Sports understand also that financial assistance is expected to come from the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs to help Whitley with his medical expenses.

Allyuh making joke or wha?!!! Sort out Aurtis!!! Acting now is potentially relevant to achieving favourable outcomes.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 10:43:56 PM »
Hope you come back strong Otis!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 04:28:34 PM »
Flashback: Ghetto fabulous; re-introducing 2006 T&T star Aurtis Otis Seaton-Whitley.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The following article was first published in the Trinidad Express on 27 October 2005 and written by Lasana Liburd:

Otis Seaton was hired by Don Leo Beenhakker as the muscle. The Trinidad and Tobago national football team coach needed a player with the energy and courage to protect his back four and the street smarts to link up with his more valued front-runners like Stern John, Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy and Carlos Edwards.

Seaton took the assignment. But he always felt he could bring more to the red, white and black family.

He knew that if he proved himself trustworthy and if combined dedication and patience to his own offensive talent; then his chance would come.

Anyone fortunate enough to have been at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 12 October 2005 or who witnessed it on live television will remember when Seaton became a ‘made man’.

Mexico were leading one-nil when Signor Latapy drifted inside from the left flank. Seaton was not slow to spot an opportunity and sprinted in the vacant area to receive the ball.

“I took a chance and made a run,” said Seaton told the Express Sport Magazine. “And I told myself: ‘you see me I going and do my thing’. Then I saw the opening and I just hit.”

‘Say hello to my lit-tle friend!’

Ever saw ‘Scarface’? It is Al Pacino’s signature movie and depicts a penniless but ruthless Cuban refugee who rose from obscurity in the Miami slums to become a gangster kingpin. Seaton has his own copy of the flick.

It is not the drugs and violence that appeal to Seaton, although he saw enough of both evils while growing up in Malick. Rather, it is the tale of the underdog who beats an unsympathetic and uncaring establishment.

Mexico, ranked fifth in the world, do not expect to lose matches to Trinidad and Tobago. But they did not cater for Seaton’s stinging 25-yard shot that ricocheted off the upright and dropped obligingly for John to complete the kill in the 43rd minute.

Eighteen minutes later, T&T completed the reversal against their clearly rattled guests with another John strike, again instigated by Seaton. Those two goals ensured that the tiny twin island republic remain in the hunt for a place in the 2006 World Cup tournament in Germany.

On November 12 and 16, Trinidad and Tobago must repeat the trick in a two-legged Play Off against Asian outfit, Bahrain.

But first, let us make peace with the gangster flick aficionado who helped take us there.

The Express Sport Magazine cornered Otis Seaton last Saturday. Or was it Aurtis Whitley?

Fittingly, our man of mystery has two names and even more stories about his rise from the streets of Malick to the sinking of Mexico.

Seaton joined his CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh teammates for Saturday’s ‘Death March’ through Port of Spain in protest of the growing crime and murder rate and was unwinding at Tony Roma’s Restaurant when we spoke.

His cap was pulled tightly over his short dreadlocks while he sported a gold chain and ID band. He wore short pants and button-up tee shirt.

Aesthetically, Seaton fits the stereotype of the streets that gave birth to him. His taste in music—he loves 50 Cent—and movies are the trimmings.

Only Seaton is not and never has been a thug. There is not so much as a traffic violation on his record and the only gang colour he wears is the national red, black and white strip.

Confused? Well, maybe your understanding of ‘ghetto culture’ is not as sharp as you think.

But do not expect Seaton to change for your benefit. The 28-year-old is doing things his own way and the country may be better off if more youths followed his example. The key, according to Seaton, is dedication to craft, the capacity for hard work, respect for your counterparts and an eye for opportunity.

And, of course, finding the right trade.

Seaton can quote Pacino’s Tony Montana character but he prefers to meditate on the calm authority of French midfield star Zinedine Zidane. Zidane will retire a legend. Montana suffered a brutal death while still a young man.

The national star advised youngsters to choose life over death.

“It have certain bad boys who will encourage the boys [to do the wrong thing],” said Seaton, “and what the young boys fail to realise is you have a gun on you now but you won’t have a gun on you all the time. So what happen when you meet someone you did something and you don’t have it on you?

“It is no life to live to be looking behind your back all the time. You don’t have to join a gang or do the wrong thing to eat. You can be positive and eat too.”

Seaton chose wisely.

Twenty years ago, his father, Clyde Seaton, migrated to the United States where he found work as a tiler.

The eight-year-old Aurtis Otis Whitley was the first of three children by Seaton and his common-law wife Cheryl Ann Whitley, while Aurtis also a younger sister from a different union.

The elder Seaton remains close with his family who often travel to visit him in New York, while he telephoned daily and provided regular assistance. Years later, he offered to help his firstborn get US citizenship and they reasoned that it might be easier if they shared the same surname.

That was when Aurtis Whitley chose to become Otis Seaton. One snag though. The ‘footballer otherwise known as Aurtis Whitley’ had to wait for his passport to expire before he can make the transformation complete.

“When that happens,” he explained, “I can change my name to Aurtis Otis Seaton-Whitley if I still want to.”

As a young boy in Malick, though, he was a ‘nobody’ in a tough neighbourhood. His first lesson was to conquer fear.

“My father brought me up [teaching me] not to fear anybody,” said Seaton. “I am not a rebel but I am not a stupidee either… In Malick, fellahs would advantage and disrespect you if they can get away with it.

“The only way to get your respect is to stamp on that one time because if they disrespect you now and you allow it they will want to disrespect you all the time.”

Seaton wore his fearlessness like a badge of honour. Apart from his fists, he discovered that he was handy with a football too.

He learned the rudiments of the game in his backyard from uncle, Russell Seaton, and always dreamed of playing for his country. But it was Malick Senior Comprehensive who gave him the chance to showcase his talent.

At 17, he lined up in a dominant Malick squad that included Arnold Dwarika, Gary Glasgow and Stokely Mason, who were already national youth stars. If they felt Seaton would be happy to merely play alongside them, they were mistaken.

“I felt that I could do those same things [they were doing] and that I could match up to them,” said Seaton. “So I wanted to reach to their level or further because I like to set myself goals.”

It started a theme throughout Seaton’s career. The higher the bar, the more determined he was to succeed. But he never compromised his principles.

There were two major disappointments.

In 1997, he signed for Portugal Division One club, Vitoria Setubal, after his first and only overseas trials. He stayed for six months but it was a bittersweet experience, which ended in his departure that winter.

“It was really tough because my agent [Toze Francisco] just dropped me at an apartment and disappeared,” he said. “And there was no one around who spoke English. So I would just go to training and then head home. I never went out at all.

“At the end of it, there was a disagreement with the management… Each player had an apartment and my heat broke down but I couldn’t speak the language so I told the club [through a translator] and asked them to send someone to fix it.

“Out there was very cold and two weeks passed and nobody still came to fix it. I said ‘if is all this have to go on, is better you all let me go back to where I come from’. I not leaving my homeland to go in a next country and be treated like that.”

He was hurt too when ex-national coach Bertille St Clair dropped him during his first stint at the helm. St Clair recalled Seaton on several occasions but the player refused the invitation.

“[St Clair] is only the coach who never gave me the inspiration to play football,” said Seaton. “He never told me anything, he just didn’t pick me. I got called many times after when he was the coach but I never went.”

Seaton’s career flourished regardless from Malick to Nestle’s, Superstar Rangers, Young Hearts and Jabloteh. He still hopes to play abroad but he won’t let his current status stop his growth.

As with Malick, Seaton does not bat an eyelid when he turns out for national training and finds himself competing with players like Yorke and Latapy.

It is friendly battle, of course. Seaton insisted he has never before felt the camaraderie that exists within the present squad. But he will not sell himself short.

“I had to earn my respect on this team,” he said. “These fellahs are good players and the majority of them are overseas players and I am a local player. Even now, I think there will be even more pressure because they will be expecting me to have an even better game.

“They will be watching now and saying ‘alright, they know I can do that and that’ and they will expect to see it.”

Seaton savours the challenge.

“I know what I am capable of doing and I work real hard in training,” he said. “So I am not going to just lie down. I am ready for it.”

Beenhakker may have found a new hitman.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 12:54:59 AM »
When I see the name, I am both happy and sad. He was a beast for the 2006 campaign. So sad what happened after. Hope he is alright.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 12:34:23 PM »
Pushing Limits assists ex-Trinidad and Tobago midfielders' coaching programme.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Aurtis Whitley, a member of this country’s 2006 World Cup squad, is turning his attention toward passing on his experience to young footballers in Oropune Gardens. where he resides.

Whitley, a former national captain, is conducting weekly coaching sessions with members of the Oropune Police Youth Club and has also partnered with ex-T&T teammate Hayden Tinto to offer coaching clinics to aspiring players.

Whitley recently received support from TT Football Association (TTFA) director of communications Shaun Fuentes, through his company Pushing Limits, which provided a supply of footballs, training gear and uniforms for the current project. Through the affiliation with Pushing Limits, of which Fuentes is managing director, Whitley will receive a monthly provision of supplies for the coaching sessions as well as medical screenings and media training for the youngsters for a six-month period in the first instance.

Whitley, a former San Juan Jabloteh standout, said he felt the time was right to pass on whatever he could to the next generation.

“This is something I have been working on for some time. Of course my playing days were some of the best times in my life, especially playing in the World Cup in Germany. But this is a different calling and I just knew it to myself that I have to give back something to the youths in the community. This is just a small start but I will be looking to keep going,” Whitley said.

Whitley said when he reached out to Fuentes for assistance, he did not hesitate.

"We are doing this for the youths and I am thankful to God and my family to be able to contribute in this way,” Whitley said.

Fuentes added that he was encouraged by the initiative and saw it as a way to make a contribution to youth development while also showing support for Whitley.

“Aurtis and I had some discussion earlier this year and he reached out for some support in whatever way possible towards his involvement with the youngsters in the Oropune area. We’ve had a professional relationship at the national team level dating back to 2000, and of course the 2006 World Cup of which Aurtis was an integral part.

"But this collaboration is different and it brings a warm feeling to see athletes such as Aurtis making an effort to give back in a productive and meaningful way. I had no hesitation towards it and decided to partner and offer support through my group Pushing Limits where we’ll be aiming to provide whatever assistance possible to Aurtis and the youngsters,” Fuentes said.

“I believe strongly in seeing our local sporting heroes interacting and passing on their wisdom and knowledge to aspiring athletes and members of our society and local communities."

Fuentes, through Pushing Limits, has also provided support to the Dunstan Williams Soccer Academy by way of a workshop and presentation on preparing athletes to handle the media, ahead of the Academy’s upcoming appearance at the Dallas Cup 2022. Among the topics were: how to present yourself before the media; body language; social media training; facing the camera; and interview sessions, among others. The session took place last week at the Presentation College, San Fernando auditorium with players from Presentation College, St Benedict’s College, Naparima College and Pleasantville Secondary in attendance.

He also offered support and held similar sessions with Joel Bailey’s Gold Generation Next Coaching School in San Fernando, Stern John’s Academy, the Grenada FA as well as offered support to the Belize FA for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

Fuentes has undergone training from world-renowned New York-based media trainer TJ Walker as well as FIFA experts in media management and relations during his time as a FIFA Media Officer dating back to 2007, which included appointments at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa and other youth World Cups in Nigeria and Turkey.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »
Well done, Whitley and Fuentes!  :applause:

Also kudos to the initiator(s) of the media training idea in South Land. Enough can't be said about the need to eliminate deficiencies in this area.

A question that arises is who underwrites the costs of trips to the Dallas Cup, particularly in an environment in which access to sponsorship and investment is not a significant feature?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 01:05:23 AM »
Pushing Limits assists ex-Trinidad and Tobago midfielders' coaching programme.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Aurtis Whitley, a member of this country’s 2006 World Cup squad, is turning his attention toward passing on his experience to young footballers in Oropune Gardens. where he resides.

Whitley, a former national captain, is conducting weekly coaching sessions with members of the Oropune Police Youth Club and has also partnered with ex-T&T teammate Hayden Tinto to offer coaching clinics to aspiring players.

Whitley recently received support from TT Football Association (TTFA) director of communications Shaun Fuentes, through his company Pushing Limits, which provided a supply of footballs, training gear and uniforms for the current project. Through the affiliation with Pushing Limits, of which Fuentes is managing director, Whitley will receive a monthly provision of supplies for the coaching sessions as well as medical screenings and media training for the youngsters for a six-month period in the first instance.

Whitley, a former San Juan Jabloteh standout, said he felt the time was right to pass on whatever he could to the next generation.

“This is something I have been working on for some time. Of course my playing days were some of the best times in my life, especially playing in the World Cup in Germany. But this is a different calling and I just knew it to myself that I have to give back something to the youths in the community. This is just a small start but I will be looking to keep going,” Whitley said.

Whitley said when he reached out to Fuentes for assistance, he did not hesitate.

"We are doing this for the youths and I am thankful to God and my family to be able to contribute in this way,” Whitley said.

Fuentes added that he was encouraged by the initiative and saw it as a way to make a contribution to youth development while also showing support for Whitley.

“Aurtis and I had some discussion earlier this year and he reached out for some support in whatever way possible towards his involvement with the youngsters in the Oropune area. We’ve had a professional relationship at the national team level dating back to 2000, and of course the 2006 World Cup of which Aurtis was an integral part.

"But this collaboration is different and it brings a warm feeling to see athletes such as Aurtis making an effort to give back in a productive and meaningful way. I had no hesitation towards it and decided to partner and offer support through my group Pushing Limits where we’ll be aiming to provide whatever assistance possible to Aurtis and the youngsters,” Fuentes said.

“I believe strongly in seeing our local sporting heroes interacting and passing on their wisdom and knowledge to aspiring athletes and members of our society and local communities."

Fuentes, through Pushing Limits, has also provided support to the Dunstan Williams Soccer Academy by way of a workshop and presentation on preparing athletes to handle the media, ahead of the Academy’s upcoming appearance at the Dallas Cup 2022. Among the topics were: how to present yourself before the media; body language; social media training; facing the camera; and interview sessions, among others. The session took place last week at the Presentation College, San Fernando auditorium with players from Presentation College, St Benedict’s College, Naparima College and Pleasantville Secondary in attendance.

He also offered support and held similar sessions with Joel Bailey’s Gold Generation Next Coaching School in San Fernando, Stern John’s Academy, the Grenada FA as well as offered support to the Belize FA for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

Fuentes has undergone training from world-renowned New York-based media trainer TJ Walker as well as FIFA experts in media management and relations during his time as a FIFA Media Officer dating back to 2007, which included appointments at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa and other youth World Cups in Nigeria and Turkey.

:beermug: :applause: :applause: :beermug: Very good of you Mr Fuentes.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 05:48:04 AM »

Looking forward to see great things from you as a coach

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 06:29:21 PM »
Good luck in your new endeavor. 2006 WC was the best, dude!

1]; } ?>