April 28, 2024, 04:28:02 PM

Author Topic: Birchall's Bullet, Whitley's Wizardry....  (Read 7518 times)

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall's Bullet, Whitley's Wizardry....
« on: November 12, 2005, 09:57:10 PM »
was a thing to see.

All the best to 'Me Mum' he is sure to win many more hearts from that gutsy performance tonight. I predicted to a friend at 3:00 p.m - three hours before the game, while in the staidum that both Birchall and Whitley will score tonite. I was half wrong.

My commendations to Aurtis Whitley. He is so much better when he is in attack its scary. I used to come on this forum and say how Whitley running things in the Pro League. I am happy to know that he can also run things for us with the National Team. He is that good and I'm sure we can get a lot more out of him.

Avery, Spann, Latas and Stern - you each owe us one but we not ponging alyuh - cause we know you all will get the job done in Bam Bam and Stern will score two.

I hope de two men dat collect yellow cards tonite already had yellow and out fuh de return game.

The only thing the team has left us with is 'suspense'....but say wah....we like it suh. NO talk is all action next time. Beenie maybe we should unleash Glen fuh de last 50 minutes in Bam Bam.

Offline Jay9

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall's Bullet, Whitley's Wizardry....
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 09:59:45 PM »
d only bahrainian i fraid no 10 he out of d next game..
2 yellow ihmc :D

buh bye!

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 10:02:35 PM »
yuh sure de tall central defender not out de game too? he collect de first yellow.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:08:35 PM »
solo i talkin bout whitley long time too.
i know man is a ripper
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »
Very disappointing performance from the Warriors.

The team did not have any energy at all for the entire game.

The back line was terrible with Avery being the major culprit.

There was a huge gap between Stern and the midfield

When one of our players had the ball, nobody supported him.

Only Whitley and Carlos showed any hunger for the game

I thought I was experiencing a nightmare and had to rub meh eyes because this seriously brought back memories of the way we played under BSC

Imagine we have a must win game at home and we coastin along like nothing.  Bahrain was there for the taking in the 1st 15 minutes of the game.  We never put them under pressure, took our sweet time doin we tata and the players who are supposed to be our best players were some of our worst.

This was the worst ever performance I have seen from Russel Latapy in any level of football.

The ONLY consolation I can take from this game is that I have to believe that is the absolute worst we can play and it only can get better from here.

What is UNFORGIVEABLE is the complete lack of urgency displayed by the entire team bar Whitley & Edwards.

Imagine a Bahraini forward break away late in thegame, get call for offside, kick the ball at Jack and kept running and instead of Jack seizing that opportunity to get our attack moving...especially as the guy was out of the play...actually slow down and WAIT TO ARGUE WIT DE BAHRAINI PLAYER!

We were LUCKY to come away with a point from that game especialy given the circumstances.

In all fairness..it was a SHOCKING performance from our team and to be brutally honest...based on that performance...we don't deserve to go a place!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 10:34:30 PM »
I also felt that we got spoilt after how easy the Bahrainis seemed in the first 15 minutes.

The good thing is even after they started up offensively they were still vulnerable defensively. Thhis team is there for the beating, we just have to beat them.

Also I feel that is was probably hard to sell this game to the team as a "must win". Right or wrong, wednesday's game was probably in the back of their minds as the key match.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 10:39:13 PM »
Palos i agree with you. The warriors played poorly and i felt we took a step backward. It seem like our player wasn't up to the task and avery was shaky in the back field. Our midfield certainly didn't perform too well and in the first half stern was alone by himself. We did play a little better in the second half but the result didn't show any thing for it. We seem to get shaky whenver we reach the opponent's goals. After that poor performance i believe the warriors can still pull it off. We have nothing to lose in the next game but something to gain. The warriors have to go all out in the next game. This is where the road ends on wednesday. Good luck warriors.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 10:39:21 PM »
Also I feel that is was probably hard to sell this game to the team as a "must win". Right or wrong, wednesday's game was probably in the back of their minds as the key match.

If that TRULY is the case JDB...Bahrain deserves to go to Germany ahead of us because that is utter and complete BULLSHIT.  What more motivation our guys want?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 10:46:26 PM »
all i have to say is we have 90 mins of football left....we didnt play up to our potential today but even tho we didnt bahrain still wasnt able to beat us...
This being said i cant see bahrain holding TT to a nil nil draw...i jus dont..we know that they are gonna sit back even more at home as they think they have this advantage. This will work in a our favour...Yuh doubt me well den daz you! jus remember i say it here and now! NO WAY WE LOSING IN BAHRAIN...we play our worst football and still draw...we go come out and play better and we bound to score!
Go TnT
i eh taking on no negativity
Back in Trini...

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 10:48:14 PM »
I was disappointed in tonight's performance too, but I trust that the added pressure while playing in Bahrain will help the team positively.

The Mexico game was a MUST WIN, and we did it. In Bahrain, we really don't have anything to lose. We must go all out.

I thought the style of play was hesitant, unconfident and almost as if they were afraid to go foward. The warriors reminded me of the 2002 Saudi team.
We DID have our chances though - that rasping low shot early in the first half, that powerful low header, and Yorke just shooting wide. Thank God Birchall captialized.

That free kick we won - we should have done much better with that. Instead of choosing power, perhaps a better decision would be to curl it around the wall : something Latapy can do.
It was only in the last 5 minutes I saw the same Warriors team that beat Mexico and Guatemala. Only then did the flair and creativity come.

We could criticize Bahrain for killing time in an unsportsmanlike way, that's their way of gettin the job done, so we must get the job done OUR way. Attack, attack, attack like never before.

This should have been the game to win - but also, we did not lose. Let us keep the faith for Wednesday.

T&T welcomes back...the King

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 11:51:10 PM »
imagine man callin 4 avery over sancho, i not hearin dat, i rather gray in dey than avery, real uninspiring ball we play, i was very disappointed

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2005, 12:02:40 AM »
birchall really sweetened up the game with the "bullet equalizer". the midfield had some problems finding the lone ranger stern up front. in one sequence stern was even running away from the pass, anticipating another direction. guess that's one of the perils of the 4-5-1.

did you see that bahrain player miss from inside the box? definitely we lucky for the draw. we get a gift - will see some improvements no doubt in the 2nd leg. i'm heartened that beenie and his team should have a bit of an advantage due to their experience preparing for wednesday. i get the feeling he didn't want to show too much of what T&T is capable of until the 2nd leg.

plenty of white shirts around latas in the 1st half. i swear ah see one of them bahraini pull out a pen and ask latas to sign he jersey. they close close whole time - the flow was better when edwards had the ball.

they need really need to use stern more up front. crossing in was so ineffective, he probably needs to come back more for the ball (back to goal). but guys like birchall, edwards, etc. are the guys that need to score because they will be on stern for the whole game. good for "me mum".

the bahraini keeper looked good and fairly composed. they better start practicing PKs....

Offline Reb

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2005, 12:04:29 AM »
In all fairness..it was a SHOCKING performance from our team and to be brutally honest...based on that performance...we don't deserve to go a place!
I agree 100% with de above. I was pumped-up all week waiting to look at the game....what a disappointment!!!!!
It is 12 frigin 47 a.m. and I still can't sleep.
With the quality of talent that TnT possess, that match was not even close to  WC standards.
What sense does it make trying to qualify for a WC place and performing at 2nd division level???????
If you want to go to the big dance...you got to be COMPETETIVE WITH the other 31 teams.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO RUN WITH THE BIG BOYS...all we need is a lil confidence and HEART!!!

Offline USgalWARRIORbf

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 12:14:21 AM »
I agree 100% with de above. I was pumped-up all week waiting to look at the game....what a disappointment!!!!!
It is 12 frigin 47 a.m. and I still can't sleep.
With the quality of talent that TnT possess, that match was not even close to  WC standards.
What sense does it make trying to qualify for a WC place and performing at 2nd division level???????
If you want to go to the big dance...you got to be COMPETETIVE WITH the other 31 teams.

WE HAVE THE TALENT TO RUN WITH THE BIG BOYS...all we need is a lil confidence and HEART!!!

People gonna be mad at u for saying that but im glad u did because its TRUTH.  I just figured supporters dont care what the warriors do inside the world cup just as long as they get there.  its one thing to be positive and to "vibes it up" but u gotta be real.  trinidad play shit tonite and trying to avoid that truth is just facilitating mediocrity.  I was so dissapointed tonight i couldnt even drink, i couldnt dance and i didnt wanna hear no f**kin music at all.  im better now... (sigh) and im gonna try to stay positive for wednesday.  I think people are making some good analysis of what went wrong with the game today.  trinidad shoulda won that game! u cant draw with a side that have a goalie that cant even make a f**king goal kick.  not to a team that dont do nothing but kick the ball out of play. no disrespect but bahrain is a shit team!!!  trinidad have NO CHOICE but to win come wednesday cause im gonan lose my mind if they dont.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 12:14:59 AM »
Reb everbody has a bad game. I still think we deserve to go some where.

Our back is to the wall and we will come out fighting. I will keep this short cause ah beer calling meh.

Bah try to drink some milk.  All yuh kinda sickly. How long can u stay on the ground for the next 90 mins.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 12:21:34 AM »
i think our problem today was speed, we played the game too slow, we dribbled when we should have passed, the simple pass was ignored trying to be extra creative, taking extra touches on the ball. Carlos had an ok game but he was victim to the same problem, he knows he can take on the bahraini wing back but sometimes you have to mix up running at the defense with an early cross or two to keep the defensive back line guessing. every time he picked up the ball 2 and 3 men started to cover him and reduce his effectiveness, carlos is a great talent and works very hard to get into attacking positions but its unfortunate to see all that hard work then a final ball that never sees a red shirt, the two real menacing crosses came from birchall and spann but carlos is our primary wing outlet though. we really missing a left footed midfielder at least to give some kinda balance it was most evident today with latas having an off day. As Beenie said, take heart from the fact that we got a result today while not playing our best, i am sure he will make the necessary adjustments and have everyone ready for wednesday. Our backs are against the wall and we will come back strong. Our destiny is in our hands.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 01:00:20 AM »
Dem fellas really play down to de football ah flippin' Bahrain....it look like back in de days b4 Beenhaker came into da mix.  Holes in da defense, Stern getting shot out, and midfield non-existence and to top it off, da Warriors not playing with i.e. not looking fuh a win and throwing away chances.  But now it is too Bahrain & i just hope that by this time next week I'll be adorned in RED, BLACK & WHITE!!!!

GOOD LUCK WARRIORS
PLAY Y'ALL GAME, PLEASE!!!!!! :'(

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 02:44:34 AM »
 Carlos Edwards over-do it a bit for me...He could have tried to deliver better crosses which i know he is capable of doing...He is definitely a threat but he could provide more service....GO T&T

Offline Bahwillwin

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 06:18:42 AM »
Yes... a very nice goal from chris birchall... i wonder if any of u guys can give a video of the goal...plz

Offline Jay9

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 06:21:54 AM »
edwards over play with that ball... to much passes and not enough shots or results...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 06:52:09 AM »

If that TRULY is the case JDB...Bahrain deserves to go to Germany ahead of us because that is utter and complete BULLSHIT.  What more motivation our guys want?

Well Palos the evidence of the performance suggests that they had the second leg in mind. Yuh have "must win" match and yuh have "must not lose", "must not get a card", "must not concede a goal". I feel that the last three was on they mind.

Also we see this before when we needed to beat Guatemala, and we played like it, eventually. Costa Rica we knew that we didn't and we loss. Panama/Mexico we needed wins and we played like it.

Now we have to score, we ahve to win.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 07:27:05 AM »
i think our problem today was speed, we played the game too slow, we dribbled when we should have passed, the simple pass was ignored trying to be extra creative, taking extra touches on the ball. Carlos had an ok game but he was victim to the same problem, he knows he can take on the bahraini wing back but sometimes you have to mix up running at the defense with an early cross or two to keep the defensive back line guessing. every time he picked up the ball 2 and 3 men started to cover him and reduce his effectiveness, carlos is a great talent and works very hard to get into attacking positions but its unfortunate to see all that hard work then a final ball that never sees a red shirt, the two real menacing crosses came from birchall and spann but carlos is our primary wing outlet though. we really missing a left footed midfielder at least to give some kinda balance it was most evident today with latas having an off day. As Beenie said, take heart from the fact that we got a result today while not playing our best, i am sure he will make the necessary adjustments and have everyone ready for wednesday. Our backs are against the wall and we will come back strong. Our destiny is in our hands.

This was a good analysis, here are my 2c

. We did not impose any tempo on the game; we were too slow and deliberate in our buildup
. we could have mixed the speed of our attack (fast/slow as needed.) BAH cannot cope with pace and trickery
. Despite Carlos having a great game on the wing, there was no end product
. defensive midfileld: the anchor role was absent. BAH are a counter-attacking team and too often the ball distributors had too much time too work. Also, around our box, they had too much time to operate. It is good that they are limited technically
. Everyone wants to criticize Avery, but ask yourself: If BAH overloaded on Avery's side (which they did), where was the cover and help from left midfield? Again, the defensive midfileld play was not up to scratch against a poor team. Beenie actually singled out the work of "me mum" as needing improvement...
. Off day for Latas... no probs; pressure for BAH in the next game
. Stern isolated
. Shit support in the crowd.BTW, don't pay attention to the FSC commentators; their analysis is full of cliches. Nick Webster, for f*cks sake!!!

POSITIVES:

. the "big three" and the team as a whole can only improve their performances
. we did not lose
.  even playing below our potental, we have more class than BAH
. the team shows an ability to adapt
. belief is still there in the whole camp
. we are all praying for our Warriors

You say our destiny is in our hands, but God will also guide us there; keep the faith :-)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline dervaig

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 07:39:43 AM »
Another point of view.

The team seems to play better when they've had a game under
their belt.
Remember, as a team, they haven't played together since October
12th, one month ago. To practice as an eleven 5 days before a game,
and expect to be world (or in this case, Baharain) beaters, might
be asking too much.

Go back and take a look at the Hex. Whenever the team had two
games within a Saturday/Wednesday time period, they seemed to
play better for the second game.

I still believe, the best game Trinidad played in the Hex was the 2
nil defeat to Mexico, in Mexico. This game was the one immediately
following the 2 nil Panama victory in Trinidad.

With that said, they have a game under their belt, and I do believe
they will do us proud come Wednesday.

There are so many 'if's', but if the defense can play tighter in the
back, and not let guys 1 foot shorter jump between our two tallest
men and score, and 'if' Lata's (hopefully!!!!!) can start spraying the
ball around, we win!!!
In any sport, defense wins games, and we cannot be as porous as
we were last night.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 07:55:53 AM »
Carlos Edwards is a waste of time and all of you who support him must be the first timers in the stadium who killed the vibe. If you all think beating a man and getting jam after or beating a man and kicking a shit cross is good then you all shouldn't make any comments on this forum. I could count how many complete passes Edwards made on one hand and still have room to hold a pen and write. Whitley was the man who had the best game, Latapy should have switched with Stern, Latas in the middle and Stern out wide cause the tall man for Bahrain was just over Stern's back every time they play a ball into him and yet still they kept doing it when with Latapy they could have tried to play it in on the ground and let him take on the tall man on the ground. The defense was lacking, they let too many balls drop and lucky for us, Bahrain didn't make us pay more.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 07:57:02 AM »
U know ah say to meh self last night..doh even bodda coming on the forum if you eh have notting good to say..but...

who or where the f**k does jack be kicking out that ball to?
Latas.. like you hit zen before the game?
Me Mum.. other than the goal{what a golal}..some terrible passes..
Rest ah the team with exceptions (see below) played like they had the runs the days before and dehydrated or something..very f**kin slow, or half-slab lend dem he strength coach.

for me it was..
carlos
Yorke
Whitley

and ah like when Jason came in..

Ah jus hope me eh get horn in Baharain on Wed.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 07:58:34 AM by Jumbie »

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 08:04:43 AM »
All the posts i read and Jumbie is the first man to mention Yorke but he was a no show and Edwards is worse, you should have just made mention of Whitley and that would have been good, not the rest for they were in a different game, not this game.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 08:17:27 AM »
Trinidad has one big problem and its name is avery john. Get rid of this laborer and we could see a cpmpletely different team.....And yes...Beeenie was outcoached.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 08:33:54 AM »
i feel is bout time whitley geh pick up from a big side

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 08:34:51 AM »
   g...G...g....well thats your name on the forum....g....thats a very good post.........

tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 08:35:28 AM »
Some people like to talk a lot of F#cking shit on this website.  Blame Avery, Stern and Latas for the draw.  Don't blame them, bahrain did their blasted homework.  They attacked Avery because they know he does not get help from the left midfield, so he was an easy target.  They knew the plan was to play the ball long to Stern when the the short passes don't work..so they kept Stern in check once that ball went up in the air...they knew our entire attack is centered on latas so they kept him in check..this created a lot of space for Yorke but he did not do much with it

So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Carlos Edwards over dribble all game and made poor crosses.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Dennis Lawrence left the Bahrain forward free so he can score.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Yorke did not attack more when they realise Latas was under lock down.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Marvin Andrews keep playing the ball back and putting the defece under pressure or giving away corners instead of throws.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Spann played like it was a fete match.

My point here is not to put the blame on anyone, the team played poorly in general.  Besides Birchall and Whitley I don't think anyone stood out.  As fans we need to support the team, some people acting like they purposely tried to not win the game and Bahrain is Tranquility Secondary.  Imagine  football fans on this forum (aka "experts") talking shit about we will win 4-0, 5-0, etc.  The gap in international football is not that wide where teams playing a WC playoff is going to lose by such a large margin unless they simply have a very very bad day.

So stop pointing fingers and support.  It might be hard because WE are all disappointed but have faith in the team and the technical staff.  They have done well in the past 6 months.  
Everybody always have an opinion about who should be playing, as fans that is expected but at the end of the day the fans don't have a say regardless of what u want to believe.  To those forumites who feel they could pick a better team than the one that played yesterday, my advice is that U should fire Leo beenhakker because it is obvious that U know more about football than him.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 08:40:19 AM by real madness »

1]; } ?>