April 29, 2024, 06:27:05 AM

Author Topic: Birchall's Bullet, Whitley's Wizardry....  (Read 7525 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall's Bullet, Whitley's Wizardry....
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »
Very disappointing performance from the Warriors.

The team did not have any energy at all for the entire game.

The back line was terrible with Avery being the major culprit.

There was a huge gap between Stern and the midfield

When one of our players had the ball, nobody supported him.

Only Whitley and Carlos showed any hunger for the game

I thought I was experiencing a nightmare and had to rub meh eyes because this seriously brought back memories of the way we played under BSC

Imagine we have a must win game at home and we coastin along like nothing.  Bahrain was there for the taking in the 1st 15 minutes of the game.  We never put them under pressure, took our sweet time doin we tata and the players who are supposed to be our best players were some of our worst.

This was the worst ever performance I have seen from Russel Latapy in any level of football.

The ONLY consolation I can take from this game is that I have to believe that is the absolute worst we can play and it only can get better from here.

What is UNFORGIVEABLE is the complete lack of urgency displayed by the entire team bar Whitley & Edwards.

Imagine a Bahraini forward break away late in thegame, get call for offside, kick the ball at Jack and kept running and instead of Jack seizing that opportunity to get our attack moving...especially as the guy was out of the play...actually slow down and WAIT TO ARGUE WIT DE BAHRAINI PLAYER!

We were LUCKY to come away with a point from that game especialy given the circumstances.

In all fairness..it was a SHOCKING performance from our team and to be brutally honest...based on that performance...we don't deserve to go a place!
Relax yourself.

So the team didn't play their best but you think Bah better. That last statement you make is ridiculous. Make your criticism constructive and don't fight the team down.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:04:23 AM by dumpalewie »
TnT Patriot

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 09:01:48 AM »
Some people like to talk a lot of F#cking shit on this website.  Blame Avery, Stern and Latas for the draw.  Don't blame them, bahrain did their blasted homework.  They attacked Avery because they know he does not get help from the left midfield, so he was an easy target.  They knew the plan was to play the ball long to Stern when the the short passes don't work..so they kept Stern in check once that ball went up in the air...they knew our entire attack is centered on latas so they kept him in check..this created a lot of space for Yorke but he did not do much with it

So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Carlos Edwards over dribble all game and made poor crosses.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Dennis Lawrence left the Bahrain forward free so he can score.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Yorke did not attack more when they realise Latas was under lock down.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Marvin Andrews keep playing the ball back and putting the defece under pressure or giving away corners instead of throws.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Spann played like it was a fete match.

My point here is not to put the blame on anyone, the team played poorly in general.  Besides Birchall and Whitley I don't think anyone stood out.  As fans we need to support the team, some people acting like they purposely tried to not win the game and Bahrain is Tranquility Secondary.  Imagine  football fans on this forum (aka "experts") talking shit about we will win 4-0, 5-0, etc.  The gap in international football is not that wide where teams playing a WC playoff is going to lose by such a large margin unless they simply have a very very bad day.

So stop pointing fingers and support.  It might be hard because WE are all disappointed but have faith in the team and the technical staff.  They have done well in the past 6 months.  
Everybody always have an opinion about who should be playing, as fans that is expected but at the end of the day the fans don't have a say regardless of what u want to believe.  To those forumites who feel they could pick a better team than the one that played yesterday, my advice is that U should fire Leo beenhakker because it is obvious that U know more about football than him.

Good post and stern john being marked that hard should be trying to play decoy as a say them ball edwards were dilivering were completly ineffective he should have done some cut back set up birchall soetime man for some shots out side the box.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 09:02:16 AM »
So the team didn't paly their best but you think Bah better. That last statement you make is ridiculous. Mske your criticism constructive and don't fight the team down.

Wit all due respeck....HYMC!

You entitle to our opinion and I entitle to mine.  If you see my point of view as "fightin de team down" daz your perogative.  Not my problem.

In my opinion the team played very poorly yesterday and whenever they do, I will say so.  When they play up to their potential, I will say so.

Is a difference between supportin blindly and tellin it like it is.  When you tell it like it is, it doesn't mean you not supportin.  
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2005, 09:02:29 AM »
Some people like to talk a lot of F#cking shit on this website.  Blame Avery, Stern and Latas for the draw.  Don't blame them, bahrain did their blasted homework.  They attacked Avery because they know he does not get help from the left midfield, so he was an easy target.  They knew the plan was to play the ball long to Stern when the the short passes don't work..so they kept Stern in check once that ball went up in the air...they knew our entire attack is centered on latas so they kept him in check..this created a lot of space for Yorke but he did not do much with it

So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Carlos Edwards over dribble all game and made poor crosses.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Dennis Lawrence left the Bahrain forward free so he can score.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Yorke did not attack more when they realise Latas was under lock down.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Marvin Andrews keep playing the ball back and putting the defece under pressure or giving away corners instead of throws.
So why criticize Avery, Latas and Stern when Spann played like it was a fete match.

My point here is not to put the blame on anyone, the team played poorly in general.  Besides Birchall and Whitley I don't think anyone stood out.  As fans we need to support the team, some people acting like they purposely tried to not win the game and Bahrain is Tranquility Secondary.  Imagine  football fans on this forum (aka "experts") talking shit about we will win 4-0, 5-0, etc.  The gap in international football is not that wide where teams playing a WC playoff is going to lose by such a large margin unless they simply have a very very bad day.

So stop pointing fingers and support.  It might be hard because WE are all disappointed but have faith in the team and the technical staff.  They have done well in the past 6 months.  
Everybody always have an opinion about who should be playing, as fans that is expected but at the end of the day the fans don't have a say regardless of what u want to believe.  To those forumites who feel they could pick a better team than the one that played yesterday, my advice is that U should fire Leo beenhakker because it is obvious that U know more about football than him.

Thank you
TnT Patriot

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2005, 09:03:31 AM »
« Reply #29 on: Today at 09:35:28 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good flecking post boy...let we keep the vibes positive from now nah.....wednesday is going to be the most omportant game in T&T history and the boys need all the support they can get....

WARRIORS ALL DE WAY!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2005, 09:06:47 AM »
So the team didn't paly their best but you think Bah better. That last statement you make is ridiculous. Mske your criticism constructive and don't fight the team down.

You entitle to our opinion and I entitle to mine.  If you see my point of view as "fightin de team down" daz your perogative.  Not my problem.

In my opinion the team played very poorly yesterday and whenever they do, I will say so.  When they play up to their potential, I will say so.

Is a difference between supportin blindly and tellin it like it is.  When you tell it like it is, it doesn't mean you not supportin.  
I doh have a problem with your opinion of the game. What I have a problem with is your assertion that because we play shit in this game we don't deserve to go to Germany. Like Brazil doh ever play shit.

What does HYMC mean?
TnT Patriot

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »
I doh have a problem with your opinion of the game. What I have a problem with is your assertion that because we play shit in this game we don't deserve to go to Germany. Like Brazil doh ever play shit.

What does HYMC mean?

Yuh should read my statement again.  I said and stand by what I said..."BASED on that performance yesterday. we don't deserve to go a place".

Translation....if we're going to play football like that, best we stay home because as shitty a team as people seem to think Bahrain are...we were shittier.

As for your other question....figure it out.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2005, 09:24:51 AM »

What does HYMC mean?

Yuh should read my statement again.  I said and stand by what I said..."BASED on that performance yesterday. we don't deserve to go a place".

Translation....if we're going to play football like that, best we stay home because as shitty a team as people seem to think Bahrain are...we were shittier.

As for your other question....figure it out.
Whatever it mean, same to you bredda?
TnT Patriot

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2005, 09:27:38 AM »
fellas relax...we play one bad game and we turning on our own....i know people vex/frustrated...but lewwe keep the vibes positive....

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2005, 10:08:48 AM »
If we were due a bad game then I prefer that game to be a 1:1 draw home - so we can go play away and come out with the guns blazing to get those away goals.

We have already proved that we can play very good away games.

We still have a great coach, speedy forwards and a couple of days to hatch a plan to outplay and outscore.

There are a few things we need to keep in mind:

- We did not pick up any yellows;
 - I noticed Lawrence clutching his hamstring in the second half (I am curious about that);
 - Cornell Glen is still 100% fresh and can be a real menace if unleashed on Wednesday.

God knows there is no fear in my mind about our ability to win on Wednesday!

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2005, 10:20:58 AM »
If we were due a bad game then I prefer that game to be a 1:1 draw home - so we can go play away and come out with the guns blazing to get those away goals.

We have already proved that we can play very good away games.

We still have a great coach, speedy forwards and a couple of days to hatch a plan to outplay and outscore.

There are a few things we need to keep in mind:

- We did not pick up any yellows;
 - I noticed Lawrence clutching his hamstring in the second half (I am curious about that);
 - Cornell Glen is still 100% fresh and can be a real menace if unleashed on Wednesday.

God knows there is no fear in my mind about our ability to win on Wednesday!

Nil nil would have been the best bad game for us because a 1 all draw in Bahrain would be good enough.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2005, 02:39:51 PM »
Yeah I agree with you! ;D

I am very confident in our ability and I have 'boundless faith' that this is our destiny to make the World Cup this rounds.

Vibes it up!!!

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2005, 03:45:08 PM »

What does HYMC mean?

although i have never used this abbreviation...
i am pretty sure it means ..
Haul yuh Mudder C##@
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2005, 11:36:02 AM »
Sometimes allyuh fellas does sound like a real pack ah lil bullas ???
You got a coach to give you big victories against Panama and Mexico,you in a play of agains a side that is akward at best but still akward,when you play at your best you run it through a 37 year old who had a bad night,to cut a long story short the team did not play well but was good enough to get a draw and create chances.BenHakker eh crying he aint disappointed because he know football and anybody who know sports could understand what happened looking at the big increase in recent performance levels.It happens with individuals but is manifested even larger in team sports.
tell them it was me

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2005, 12:04:15 PM »
people who do not understand football will always say nonsense. we didnt win but we didnt lose either and our chances are slightly worse but not terribly so. we still have a good chance. now it will be their time to take our pressure because we are now the underdogs.

i say we will beat them 3-1 on aggregate.

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2005, 12:12:47 PM »
Trinidad has one big problem and its name is avery john. Get rid of this laborer and we could see a cpmpletely different team.....And yes...Beeenie was outcoached.

$10 US that you couldn't do better..... (do start nuttin won't be nuttin) ....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :chilling:

Offline greenbottlebaby_7

• New Warrior
  • Germany here we come!!!
    • View Profile
Birchall's goal
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2005, 01:33:36 PM »
well people birchall proved himself yet again a great player! :D  He and the rest of the soca warriors will make us proud on wednesday without a doubt. We didnt perform at our best but allyuh better not forget who the coach is....he is the best coach we ever had and he will ensure that Germany is made a reality

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »
i think stern will be the hero on wednesday. i think he will score two goals and make history for t&t because we will win.

1]; } ?>