March 28, 2024, 02:48:19 AM

Poll

Club vs. Country (will you scrunt and play for your nation?)

Yes, without a doubt
21 (72.4%)
No, butter meh hops
6 (20.7%)
Doesnt matter to me
2 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: February 22, 2006, 09:44:14 PM

Author Topic: Would You Sacrifice Your Club Career for Your Country?  (Read 4836 times)

TrinInfinite

Would You Sacrifice Your Club Career for Your Country?
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:44:14 PM »
I remember this debate on the old board, but now with so many new members, excluding the waggonist/pretenders, i would like for the original crew of supporters and new die hards to comment on this, will you scrunt and play for trinidad and make de world stage or give half of your heart in fear of being injured and losing your overseas contract, whats your answer?

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Sacrifice Your Club Career for Your Country?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:54:30 PM »
Boss i remember sitting in QPO in April 2001 watchin yorke pull up endless times on balls he could of run down against mexico, and stick his leg in like he fraid of contact. back then it was clear in my mind his club was #1.. back then he was aslo big man at United

Stern is 1 man who always put his country first no matter the situation and i  :applause: him for that

Depends on the person and the situation he in at the time i guess.....
I could see myself doing both  :D depending on whats going on

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 09:56:44 PM by ricky »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 09:56:49 PM »
if i is a young single happy youthman then i good to go.  say when and where and i coming with meh boots in meh hand

as a married man now planning for the future with car note to pay, mortgage etc. i would have to think it over tho

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 09:59:45 PM »
now for now i wudda choose country..buh me eh have no big contract sooooooooooo
Back in Trini...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:02:45 PM »
some players treat the world cup finals as a stage for getting in with a better club for a better contract i.e. career development. so it depends on what you have going. watch all the guys whose contracts are up that are part of a world cup team - it is a showcase as well. so it depends.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 10:07:31 PM »
Depends.

If is anyting less dan World Cup...soem man eh riskin dey bread and butter.

Oddah's doin it regardless.

Sancho jes risk he wuk by leffin Gillingham against dey wishes.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 10:20:52 PM »
forget all the mamaguy .... Club over Country anyday  -  EXCEPT ...

1. When your work permit about to expire
2. When you could benefit from the exposure
3. When you can't make England side for the WC - and you see TT going.
4. When you can't get a sweat for your club

On this current team - while some players can be singled out for at one time or the other giving less than 100% - however, ALL players here have genuinely more concern for country over club - at the moment, and should be commended.

When a footballer looks at his average lifespan/ playing career - it's important that they cash in while they can - and that means staying healthy and in contention for a starting spot on their club teams ... and while it may not always be about the money .. sometimes it's about going for glory, and TT is rarely in a position to provide a player with that opportunity. Who wants to be sitting in rehab collecting insurance payments?

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 10:28:04 PM »
I would ...

my family have given their lives for the country since its creation thousands of years before christ ...

I was raised with that sense of belonging ...

no matter how much I suffer in my own country... money is not every thing

before that there is pride, blood, and honor

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 10:33:06 PM »
I would ...

my family have given their lives for the country since its creation thousands of years before christ ...

then how allyuh could come out and play shit football like that??  ;)

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 10:36:19 PM »
We talkin about countries where there is freedom and democracy

Not open brainwashing, monarchy and fiefdom.

Allyuh men mad!! ... allyuh men holding up pictures of a MORTAL and praising it like is God.
.... and doh tell me ah lie ... cuz the pictures there from Saturday.

... and yuh talkin about CHRIST - Bahrain wasn't even a damn soverignity before Christ - so hush yuh damn uneducated backside. Show me a map and history books that record the tenants of the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 10:36:24 PM »
I would ...

then how allyuh could come out and play shit football like that??  ;)

;D ;D ;D I don;t mind shit football as long as we get results  :angel:

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 10:41:15 PM »

Allyuh men mad!! ... allyuh men holding up pictures of a MORTAL and praising it like is God.

... and yuh talkin about CHRIST - Bahrain wasn't even a damn soverignity before Christ - so hush yuh damn uneducated backside. Show me a map and history books that record the tenants of the Kingdom of Bahrain.

brainwashing ?

let me guess you live in the states ? where every one outside is uneducated(bahraini educational standards are excellent especially compared to American and Canadian standards), evil (we've lived side by side with people from different color, religion for thousands of years... we are not some gung ho lets go kill "inferiors" like some continent), and brainwashed into a murderer ?  ;D ;D

or where blacks are considered criminal until proven other wise, and where arabs are islamic terrorists ?

if that is democracy they can keep it ... and shove it where the sun don't shine

also muslims don't believe in the divinity of man ... even with christ (who is the islamic messiah)  ;) while I think its stupid to raise the king;s picture... he does represent our country  :)

As for Bahrain it is termed by historians as one of the "cradles of human civilization" we've been around since the creation of human society

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilmun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bahrain
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 10:55:25 PM by Alsalman »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 10:49:11 PM »

yuh stump meh with that one yes fiefdom
I had to look it up

fief·dom
1 The estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2  Something over which one dominant person or group exercises control

Més que un club.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 10:53:16 PM »
feudal societies are like a dictatorship, extreme tyranny for example, many monarchies have been asscociated with this form of regime,

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 10:56:32 PM »

let me guess you live in the states ? where every one outside is uneducated, evil and brainwashed into a murderer ?  ;D ;D

or where blacks are considered criminal until proven other wise, and where arabs are islamic terrorists ?

the man born, grow and was schooled in Trinidad out of the bubble of the USA so the man could make an unbiased assessment jes like everybody here

Més que un club.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 10:59:30 PM »
some of dese middle eastern man have a complex when it comes 2 de US, not everything bad about de states sah, bush and saddam an dem was all in de same bed, u shouldnt talk bc ur saudi brothers causin most of de plight for de muslim world, so wat de hell u talkin about

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2005, 10:59:50 PM »

let me guess you live in the states ? where every one outside is uneducated, evil and brainwashed into a murderer ?  ;D ;D

the man born, grow and was schooled in Trinidad out of the bubble of the USA so the man could make an unbiased assessment jes like everybody here

question is having read his ignorant remarks do you think its unbaised or do you think the last few years in NY got to his head  ;D

some of dese middle eastern man have a complex when it comes 2 de US, not everything bad about de states sah, bush and saddam an dem was all in de same bed, u shouldnt talk bc ur saudi brothers causin most of de plight for de muslim world, so wat de hell u talkin about

no one said every thing is bad... it just remains a country that lives and thrives on making others seem "evil"

blacks, Japanese, jews, communists, and now arabs and muslims.

I think many Americans are great guys, I think the american society has many positives... but Having been in BOTH CANADA AND THE US recently its different ... in canada people are more accepting of others... (Ever feel how it is like to be pulled aside in an airport and interogated like a dog ? have your finger prints and photo taken ? ever walk down the street and have police follow you because you are of a certain skin? thats what I had when I went to the states, same with my Bahraini freinds, and even some canadians who look arabic) I think with the exception of the high taxes, and winter Canada is prolly the best country in the world to live in.

as for the saudi comment offcourse ... no one would love to write an essay to you detailing the evil neighbour we have more than me ... thats the point ... when I throw a comment its because I know, I've experienced it ...

when he throwin a comment he is just being ignorant about things he does not really know other than what the media tells him

just for the record ... I think Saudi is worst than the US government BY FAR, one look at the history of Bahrain and you know ... they brought their tribal mentality, they attacked, they waged wars, murdered, stole lands etc... thats history though ... now they mistreat women ! they mistread shia muslims, they put down their people on basis of tribal background ... they gave birth to wahabism ... which has plagued muslims

I don't take comments like his that generalize, minimalizes another group of people lightly ...

If anything I am an apposition to the monarchy system in my country... my family has given their lives, careers to fight and stand against injustice ... and for him to come and say that I am a brainwashed person with no opinion is annoying ...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 11:21:35 PM by Alsalman »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2005, 11:21:13 PM »
well I come to say that Sancho openly fall out with he coach to come home and bench for Trinidad and Tobago - that is commitment.
ps.  allyuh kill the old talk bout who civilised and not...one more day for the big day.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 11:22:13 PM »
well I come to say that Sancho openly fall out with he coach to come home and bench for Trinidad and Tobago - that is commitment.
ps.  allyuh kill the old talk bout who civilised and not...one more day for the big day.

you are right I shouldn't have responded ...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 11:47:05 PM »
WHEN IT COME TO THE WORLD CUP WHY THE HELL NOT IT COULD SWING EITHER WAY FOR ANY PLAYER WITH A SHOT AT THE WORLD CUP AT STAKE

I WOULD DEAL WITH THE FLAK AS IT COMES BUT HANDS DOWN COUNTRY FIRST

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 11:51:10 PM »
All the pressure put on by club teams, I don't think any has sacked a player for representing his country.

In the end, the longevity you will gain from representing your country far outweighs any club team.

You have one country, but a million clubs to choose from, if one sack yuh, you can negotiate with another one.  If yuh is not a sh!thound, no club team go drop yuh.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 11:56:23 PM by whayuhsay »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 11:54:01 PM »

That was un-called for. In addition, nobody is more brain-washed than Americans. They want to spread democracy to the Middle East and they don't even have it in their own country. But let's not turn the discussion political.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 11:55:05 PM »

brainwashing ?

let me guess you live in the states ? where every one outside is uneducated(bahraini educational standards are excellent especially compared to American and Canadian standards), evil (we've lived side by side with people from different color, religion for thousands of years... we are not some gung ho lets go kill "inferiors" like some continent), and brainwashed into a murderer ?  ;D ;D

if that is democracy they can keep it ... and shove it where the sun don't shine

also muslims don't believe in the divinity of man ... even with christ (who is the islamic messiah)  ;) while I think its stupid to raise the king;s picture... he does represent our country  :)

As for Bahrain it is termed by historians as one of the "cradles of human civilization" we've been around since the creation of human society

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahrain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilmun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bahrain

Good post.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 11:56:23 PM »
funny thing you might ask this question eh breds cause all the men in foreign could agree with meh that

nothing sweeter than trini. breds when yuh sneakers new in usa men doesnt even notice

when you have on ah new pair of shoes in trini all man jack giving yuh ah compliment

iz just yuh does appreciate thing more in trini and i would sacrifice anything for my country

i doh business what it iz money,club,ankle,toenail.

in the end after yuh career done yuh could still go down maracas and lime and get ah laugh

my answer is yes
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline mBody

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 11:58:13 PM »
well, something you'll all see in the next match; ya might have never seen before..

Picture of the king are distributed to the fans to hang during the match.. Well, that's why the tickets are free..
still, we have stupid minds out there..
Though our country is one of the freest in the region, the kingship we have will always make it like this...
People sucrifised allot to get to where we are in Bahrain, I lost many friends & family members in the 1990s, where the government acts like Saddam..
Now, after reforms, expect to see some backwarded metalities, that asks people to hang the king's pictures for the sake of fame..

God bless freedom
Soccer is NOT soccer, it's FOOTBaLL

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 11:58:23 PM »

question is having read his ignorant remarks do you think its unbaised or do you think the last few years in NY got to his head  ;D

no one said every thing is bad... it just remains a country that lives and thrives on making others seem "evil"

blacks, Japanese, jews, communists, and now arabs and muslims.

I think many Americans are great guys, I think the american society has many positives... but Having been in BOTH CANADA AND THE US recently its different ... in canada people are more accepting of others... (Ever feel how it is like to be pulled aside in an airport and interogated like a dog ? have your finger prints and photo taken ? ever walk down the street and have police follow you because you are of a certain skin? thats what I had when I went to the states, same with my Bahraini freinds, and even some canadians who look arabic) I think with the exception of the high taxes, and winter Canada is prolly the best country in the world to live in.

as for the saudi comment offcourse ... no one would love to write an essay to you detailing the evil neighbour we have more than me ... thats the point ... when I throw a comment its because I know, I've experienced it ...

when he throwin a comment he is just being ignorant about things he does not really know other than what the media tells him

just for the record ... I think Saudi is worst than the US government BY FAR, one look at the history of Bahrain and you know ... they brought their tribal mentality, they attacked, they waged wars, murdered, stole lands etc... thats history though ... now they mistreat women ! they mistread shia muslims, they put down their people on basis of tribal background ... they gave birth to wahabism ... which has plagued muslims

I don't take comments like his that generalize, minimalizes another group of people lightly ...

If anything I am an apposition to the monarchy system in my country... my family has given their lives, careers to fight and stand against injustice ... and for him to come and say that I am a brainwashed person with no opinion is annoying ...

Another good post.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 12:04:31 AM »
Boy, dey have some real cu.nts on this forum...

You sounding like dem right wing Christian fundamentalist from the south, a bunch of hypocitical SOBs, man, f**k all ah allyuh, allyuh go bring an end to de US and the world, why yuh doh register for Bush oil war for which he claims God spoke to him that Iraq was the way to go?  Doh come here wid Bush Freedom f**kery nah, doh geh meh vex....

Anyway, onto Wednesday...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2005, 12:08:29 AM »
Boy, dey have some real cu.nts on this forum...

You sounding like dem right wing Christian fundamentalist from the south, a bunch of hypocitical SOBs, man, f**k all ah allyuh, allyuh go bring an end to de US and the world, why yuh doh register for Bush oil war for which he claims God spoke to him that Iraq was the way to go?  Doh come here wid Bush Freedom f**kery nah, doh geh meh vex....

Anyway, onto Wednesday...

CROSS!! ANGRY!! MISERABLE!!  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2005, 12:32:14 AM »
 SANCHO NEEDS TO PLAY IN THIS GAME! HE DESERVES IT FOR HIS SACRIFICE..NOT TO MENTION ALL HIS HARD WORK TO THIS POINT... BEENIE MAN DOH STICK!!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 08:50:06 AM »
I doh feel any of us in a position to really make that choice. It much easier to say either or when u on the outside looking in. In a case like this, where we one game away from the World Cup...fire bun d club ! But in a case like game against Bermuda and Dominican Republic, even though is world cup qualifiers...if coach going to put me on the bench and a man like Van Nisteroy going and take my starting spot...i would hadda tell the country to understand.

And then when u read things like Leonson Lewis and Clayton Morris fight up in skinner park and cah get tickets for the game....u wonder what would happen to your ass if u turn ur back on your club, your country doh fail to qualify and then u getting disrespected like this? Whereas men like Latas and Yorke, who turn their back on us in the past...will be heroes for life because of what they achieve overseas. i mean,who honestly expect to see Yorke and Latas to have to fight up in a crowd for tickets next 10 years to see Trinidad games? Leonson was part of the triumvate in them times(where stern is now) with Yorke and Latas and look where he end up...Stern better watch he self if he doh start scoring goals in England despite all he has done for us !!
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>