April 25, 2024, 01:10:43 PM

Author Topic: Falkirk eyes Atiba and more news  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Falkirk eyes Atiba and more news
« on: April 06, 2005, 02:39:09 PM »

Falkirk eyes Atiba
06-Apr-2005
Shaun Fuentes

Fresh from a promising performance in what was his first full World Cup appearance for this country, defender Atiba Charles is now looking forward to sealing his spot in the national team as well as secure an overseas professional contract.

Charles was on trial with English side Oldham Athletic last month and is expected to return there for preseason training in July. But he will also be looking at a possible visit to Scotland as Scottish First Division champions Falkirk, soon to be promoted to the Premier League, have expressed interest in having him over for a trial.

Reflecting on his performance against Costa Rica, Charles said “I always believed that I was capable of doing well with the first team and I was just waiting anxiously for that chance. I got it and I grasped it. I was obviously nervous at the start but the guys kept encouraging me and as the first whistle went I came into the game right away. This has done a lot for me and I think from now on, there’s no stopping me.”

“Now I am awaiting on a pre-contract from Athletic but there’s also interest from Coventry City and Falkirk.”

Stern could move
06-Apr-2005
Shaun Fuentes

Striker Stern John could be looking to join a new club in time for next season
The former Nottingham Forest striker said last week that he has some options and will consider a move in time for next season. John was not in the Coventry City side which won on the weekend.

“I got the weekend off because of the flight back the day before and I was glad to see that things went well for the team because we got three vital points and we are out of the relegation zone now,” John said.

“I know my form has not been the best in recent times but I’m just going to work on a few things and I get myself back into top shape for the matches coming up. I have a good feeling that I can come out of this drought which is something that all strikers go through. Hopefully I’ll be back to my usual self in quick time. I haven’t been playing with much confidence recently but I’ll get all that back in time and I’m looking forward to getting back home and working under the new coach as well,” John said.

Ince always confident
06-Apr-2005
Shaun Fuentes

Crewe Alexandra goalkeeper Clayton Ince said he was never worried about his performance going into the last 0-0 draw with Costa Rica.  Getting back into the start team in front of Shaka Hislop, Ince said, even after a shaky start in goal during the match, he was always confident of pulling off a solid showing between the sticks.

“It was s a poor decision by me to play the ball out at the time but it  was good t see that I got myself together quickly after that and I was able to keep a clean sheet for the rest of the game.  It was a great team effort and we have gained confidence. I am always a confident goalkeeper and even though I  was coming off the injury, I still believed in myself. The other guys also showed signs of this which is good for us a team,” Ince said. “The team showed a lot of character and once we can maintain this then I think we have a lot to look forward to in the remaining matches. Hopefully too with the new coach coming in things will work even better for us.”

“My aim now is to go back to Crewe and keep that number one spot and see how things go until the end of what is my final year of my  contract.”

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Falkirk eyes Atiba and more news
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:16:58 PM »
Stern bench whole game today for Coventry.....and they won 2-0!
Doesn't look good for his chances of getting back into the team as the fans will now truly believe he was the blight all along.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 03:23:38 PM »
Like he is de blight on we team too :-\ :(
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 03:30:26 PM »
falirk why not a championship team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »
Oldham might be the best place for Charles to develop.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 04:24:49 PM »
Oldham might be the best place for Charles to develop.

More tha Scottish Premier? I dis-agree

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 06:59:28 PM »
better he go championship he might as weel try headin to the premiership or a big club might see him
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 07:13:34 PM »
Nah boy Max.

Look at the players that the SPL is creatingvery few have any quality. The national team is poor and that is with players who are too good fro the SPL a punch of lower tier premiership players.

Marvin is an exception but even with him, its been five years of development we seeing. On the other hand the likes of Scotland and Rahim are almost completely lost.

Now look at kenwyne Jones coming on in leaps and bounds playing premiership reserve, Championship and 1st division football.

He will play in the 1st division and if he is good enough he will be noticed.

Plus the thing about a bigger league is the fact that you have more variety, every week you have to adapt to something different, in Scotland it is Celtic, Rangers and everybody else and yuh playing each team 4 times a season.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>