April 30, 2024, 05:38:54 AM

Author Topic: We lost a whole month  (Read 3222 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
We lost a whole month
« on: April 07, 2005, 06:42:18 AM »
50% of preparation time is gone. They should have convinced La Forest to stay so he could run the sessions for the next month.

A month with no training or games is a long time at this stage of preparation and this state of being last in the standings.

Ok Beenhaker need to go home for 2 weeks to organize his stuff and then he also wants to see the players in Europe

But no mention was made of what is going on in TnT at the moment. Did he leave someone to run the sessions

Maybe them men can do fitness work.

Where is Nakid is he still back and forth to Lebonan

Latapy not coming until after scottish season and I suppose he will leave once season start back.

WHat is taking place here

Players overseas
Coaches Overseas
Assistiant coaches Overseas
Fans Overseas

A few years ago I made a comment that we need to start coaching over the internet.

This is what we need to start doing, then it would not matter where men is becuase we can coach long distance.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: We lost a whole month
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 06:53:59 AM »
While I agree, you must also remember that the PFL and A League season is about to start, the MLS now started, the EPL, other minor leagues in de UK and SPL is on crunch time so it will be hard to get most players to train, besides we dont want to use up we luck with them club managers.

But I agree, we should have a local team in training sometime in the week when its not busy. Nakhid could conduct it, even if its a under 23 side. But then again, Nakhid have to go back to Lebanon to tie up some deal, so he gone to, only Ron here and he have to prepare de olympic team.

Keep them active man...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 07:05:51 AM »
Aren't the local players doing fitness work, training etc. with their clubs right now?  It's not as though they just home liming until Leo come back.  Those fellas have jobs to do and their clubs need their best players around training as much as possible to build their teams.  I think a solid month with the players in camp for 2-3 days a week is a more than generous offer from the local clubs.  What we need is some proper warm-up matches to reinforce what Leo will be teaching.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 07:06:33 AM »
While I agree, you must also remember that the PFL and A League season is about to start, the MLS now started, the EPL, other minor leagues in de UK and SPL is on crunch time so it will be hard to get most players to train, besides we dont want to use up we luck with them club managers.

But I agree, we should have a local team in training sometime in the week when its not busy. Nakhid could conduct it, even if its a under 23 side. But then again, Nakhid have to go back to Lebanon to tie up some deal, so he gone to, only Ron here and he have to prepare de olympic team.

Keep them active man...

Olympic Team??? That qualification don't start till next year
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 07:25:57 AM »
Well if we start preparing a team from now we go be allright come next year. If de TTFF do that off course, which I wouldn't sleep on... remember we still have de CAC games coming up.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 08:24:15 AM »
La Forest Quit the U23 Job when Bertile got fired. Men might Say that men training with PFL and A league and MLS but fact is

PFL and A league is not going to prepare us to beat Panama

MLS might be a decent Standard but intensity is low in the  pro leagues and US minor leagues

We need to have a squad at national level intensity training.

Is not like you taking men from Real Madrid Man U Chelsea etc and then just getting them to gel before a match.

We are taking men who are not international Match Fit who not playing at the type of speed and space limitations that is required.

For our team to do good we need to train at a national level to improve the players level and the over all team performance.

The club level these men are at cannot prepare them to play not even against the likes of Guatemala.

We see it in the results.

We need to take the best local players and have high level sessions with them 2-3 times a week.
expose them to competitive games

and do the same with the foreign based once they are available.

But Locally Based there can be no excuse for not have the team in preparations

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:27:58 AM »
who is paying their salary to train with the national team 2-3 times a week?

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
KND can you clarify what you mean by "International Match Fit" and "high level sessions"?

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 08:44:19 AM »
Obviously Part of the WC 2006 Budget should account for Paying National Team members. The way how it is set up I believe the players get match fees but they may get a training stipend to cover expenses.
Not sure how it is set up

But if you are saying that we cannot have a local team in training because club in TnT are paying the salary and hence they should be available for club only then someting is definetly wrong.

As a Kid growing up we were thought the Philosophy of football.

Fact is playing for your country is a previlledge for your club and they should be glad to send you.  

The Correct Mentaility is

Country Before Club

If the national team and your club have training or game on the same day. You go play for the National Team.

Because that is the priority

If we cannot understand this simple concept something is fundamentally wrong with the setup in TnT.

This should be common sense.

What you are insinuating is that Local players should only be released during the international windows just like foreign based.

Which is Madness

Why

Because it is OK for an English man to hamstring the National Team efforts. I would expect that. He is a competitor it is in his best interest to prevent the national team in TnT from Improving.

But for a TnT club to do the same is not only stupid but cynical.

Let the players train with the national team and just show up for the club games instead of vice versa.

That is the way it should be.
And if everything was planned properly they should be able to train and play with both teams if things could be organized

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 09:00:45 AM »
KND I think that and a cock with you will see anywhere in the world with Privately owned football clubs.
I can say in my district W Connection is in rigorous preparations for this season of PFL.
tell them it was me

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 09:10:11 AM »
But if you are saying that we cannot have a local team in training because club in TnT are paying the salary and hence they should be available for club only then someting is definetly wrong.
Check this old thread about the Mexicans dictating to their clubs

If the national team and your club have training or game on the same day. You go play for the National Team.Because that is the priority
The players should not be placed in this position.  Either decision they make would be wrong...lose lose situation for them and we are taking away the professional environment they should be allowed to work in.

What you are insinuating is that Local players should only be released during the international windows just like foreign based.

Let the players train with the national team and just show up for the club games instead of vice versa.

That is the way it should be.
You can't expect the local clubs to do this...have players only show up for games.  But agreed the priority should be with the National Team if and only if the scheduling is supremely efficient and derived with the help of the clubs.  I expect the new coach will not waste time and knows how to get what he needs done in as short a period of time.  They also have to consider that their players will be working on improving themselves and the clubs stand to share in this benefit.

And if everything was planned properly they should be able to train and play with both teams if things could be organized
Agreed.  The clubs stand to benefit tremendously from having the national team playing well and specifically having their best players being showcased.  They should actually be trying their best to get larger numbers of their players on the National Team.  Not just on the team but PLAYING WELL.  This is a very strong marketing tool for the league....both domestic and abroad.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 09:23:44 AM »
Please tell me which professional league in the world has their best players only training with the national team and just showing up to play league matches?  It sounds great in theory but in the real world of professional club football it just will never happen.  A club paying the players salary will want them around the team as much as possible, developing the team, making their other players better etc.

Unless the Gov't can afford to pay our players salaries under full-time contracts then the national team will be at the mercy of the clubs willingness to release them, foreign or local.  The past few months BSC had a great opportunity with our local players in off-season to train with them full-time without club commitments and he wasted it.

By the way, the reason the Mexican coach could do that was because it was one week before the match and the clubs were obligated to release the players by FIFA.  The clubs were actually asking the national team for a favour for their release.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 09:26:09 AM by arrow »

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 09:40:14 AM »
International Match Fitness means

Ability to "football" run at an intensity level to make you competitive against International competition

For example

when your team has the ball are players off the ball able to run into supporting spaces consistantly for 90 mins. There by freeing themself so that the player with the ball can have support to make a ball possesion pass.

When your team does not have the ball are you able to press the ball and cover passing lanes in order to prevent the other team from maintianing possesion of the ball and there by gaining possesion back for you own team.

If you play in a League such as the PFL where teams may not limit your time and space quickly and constantly then when faced with such opposition in international matches you tend to loose the ball quite often and you also are limited in your ability to win the ball back.
The end result is 5-1 versus Guatemala.

High Level Sessions, are training sessions that are designed to take PFL level players who have the ability to play at a higher level
Take them out of the PFL training environment and create one that is closer to what they will see in an international match.
for example
if our midfield losses the ball quickly against international teams we can have a training session where we take 4 midfielders and put them against 7 defenders.
Ask the defenders to press them hard to simulate the international game pressure. With time the midfielder should learn to keep the ball under excessive pressure.

Where as if these same players just played in the PFL games they may never experience the international pressure until they are in a game in guatemala

Training with Jabloteh is not going to prepare you to beat Panama why? Because there are different requirements.

Jabloteh is mostly focus on scoring goals and not making mistakes at the back. Most of the games are against weaker less fit opposition, players are given time and space.
I am sure as a result Jabloteh trainig sessions are taylored around ball possesion with limited pressure, spreading the ball wide, creating and finishing chances.

TNT need to focus on how they will move the ball upfield against teams that dont respect them and press them high and fast all game long.

Training must simulate game!

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
what de?
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »
High Level Sessions, are training sessions that are designed to take PFL level players who have the ability to play at a higher level
Take them out of the PFL training environment and create one that is closer to what they will see in an international match.

Training with Jabloteh is not going to prepare you to beat Panama why? Because there are different requirements.

I am sure as a result Jabloteh trainig sessions are taylored around ball possesion with limited pressure, spreading the ball wide, creating and finishing chances.

Training must simulate game!

Do you know how hard PFL teams train and play?When last have you seen a PFL game?Dundee getting 3 and Fire getting 5 from Jabloteh was fluke?Pacucha I believe drawing with Connection was a scrimmage?Army beating Toluca I believe was small goal?Just bumping yuh gum!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:46:47 AM by Tallman »
tell them it was me

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 11:16:23 AM »
whatever man for every 3 and 5 they give is 4 and 5 they get.

To date a PFL team has not advanced past a mexican or MLS team hence we will have to assume that they are not as high a level.

We are talking about a league we 2 good teams Jabloteh and w connection 4 OK team and 2 terrible teams

the competition is not there

Training hard and training for International competition is 2 different things.

I have seen these teams train and play games

I know the level and know the players

From top to bottom I am very intune with TnT football and what they have to offer. and what is best is that

I am in a position to compare it to what is on the outside

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 11:20:26 AM »
CLubs will always put their own interests first. Thatis nothing unique to the PFL.

If you are sending your players to National Team practice instead of your own preparations athen you are putting yourselves at a disadvantage because not every team will have national players.

Demanding national players attend training will only penalize some clubs and not others and that won't work.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>