March 28, 2024, 04:08:21 PM

Author Topic: Latapy as assistant coach???  (Read 1297 times)

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy as assistant coach???
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:35:31 PM »
I personally don't think Russell Latapy should be TNT's assistant coach. It's just ridiculous to put a skilled player that is currently playing for a league team, to become a assistant coach. In order to make this run to the World Cup, we need our best! We already have a seemingly great and qualified coach, now all we need is a fully skilled roster.

It's time for Latapy to stop thinking about disagreements with former team members and his league team, and start thinking about his national team.

Nothing will beat the satisfaction of playing for your country!

GO TNT!

jusme

Re: Latapy as assistant coach???
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:26:47 AM »
the man has had a lot of success thus far as an asst coach. we should be happy he getting to improve himself working under a world class coach.

I like the man as a player as much as anybody else, but like he said he is 37 years old and if he feels he's better serving the cause from the sidelines and on the training ground then who are we to argue

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:21:37 AM »
the man has had a lot of success thus far as an asst coach. we should be happy he getting to improve himself working under a world class coach......

How do you determine the success of an asst. coach ? Especially when the asst. coach is one of the mvp in the league he is coaching. Only the Coach at the time can make that evaluation, and even he might not be able to determine, since he is a player too.

The whole point of all these Coaching moves is to get the best possible result, right? Well what is the point of making Latapy asst coach,-  so he will get the experience, correct? What wil he be doing with that experience once T&T is out of the picture? At some point the WC will be over for us, whether it be in T&T or Germany...sooo, Will he stay in Trinidad and continue with the development of the program or Return to Falkirk ?
From all that he has indicated, he will be returning to Falkirk...so go figure
Hopefully Nakhid will stay and The program will have some continuity..If not then we start over again with no experince at all..
but say what, A whole country can always depend on if one man change his mind. Hope everybody not holding their collective breathe

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 11:31:17 AM »
We still need to give it our all this time around. Face the facts, Yorke might not be playing in the next qualifying rounds, because of his age. So we really need to put our best FOOT forward and get the best that Trinidad has to offer, including LATAPY!

According to the facts, we have a great coach, now we need great players! Nakhid already agreed to play, let's hope that Leo can convince Latapy as well.

Let's put our All-Star TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO football team out there, and give Germany all we got!

jusme

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 12:33:20 PM »
well determining the success of the asst coach, I admit is tricky.  I have to admit that all I have to go on is the fact that the coach seems to be very impressed with him from what I have read and also of course that the team is winning.

anyhow, I just glad the man back in the mix.  He was an inspiration to me and many others growing up, and  to my eyes he always give his all.  Notwithstanding the incidents that marred his relationship with the TTFF/TTFA coming down towards the end.

1]; } ?>