March 28, 2024, 06:48:36 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago write footballing history.  (Read 7619 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Trinidad and Tobago write footballing history.
« on: November 16, 2005, 03:02:17 PM »
Trinidad beat Bahrain for place in 2006 World Cup.

MANAMA (AFP) - Trinidad and Tobago will appear in their first ever World Cup finals after staging a remarkable comeback to beat Bahrain 1-0. Dennis Lawrence's 49th minute goal sealed a 2-1 play-off aggregate win after last week's first leg ended 1-1 in Port-of-Spain.
Trinidad are the first Caribbean country to play in a World Cup since neighbouring Jamaica's appearance in the 1998 edition.
They won this final error-strewn and physical inter-continental playoff much to the disappointment of a packed home crowd, erasing bitter memories of losing out on a place in the 1990 World Cup held in Italy.
Coach Leo Beenhakker praised his team for a "battling performance".
"It was a very tough match and it was difficult logistically to get the players ready for such an important match after all that travelling," said the 63-year-old Dutchman.
"But the team played hard and I am very proud of them. They deserve to play in the World Cup."
Bahrain were also battling for their first-ever World Cup slot after having come through two Asian qualifying rounds and surviving a close and controversial play-off against Uzbekistan.
Bahrain coach Luka Peruzovic admitted disappointed but gave full credit to Trinidad saying they played very well in the first 30 minutes.
But the Croatia-born Belgian did not rule out appealing to world soccer govering body FIFA against a controversial injury time goal which was disallowed.
"I want to make myself 100 percent sure of what happened before advising the Bahrain Football Association," said Peruzovic. "We will watch the action replay before taking any decision."
This second leg playoff for Germany 2006 will be remembered more for the spills rather than thrills.
Trinidad dominated the first-half pressing hard and deep but time and again they failed to cap their moves with a goal as they found tall and lanky defender Sayed Mohammed Adnan and goalkeeper Ali Hassan almost impossible to beat.
Bahrain, on the other hand, seemed under immense pressure in front of a packed house and took time to settle down. The persevering Trinidad midfielders did not make their task easy either, hustling and harrassing constantly for that vital goal.
Kenywne Jones made the first attempt at goal midway through the first-half when his long ranger went over the Bahrain goal.
In the 31st minute, another Trinidad move came to grief as Stern John did well to control a Marvin Andrews pass from the right.
The Derby county striker also did well to beat Adnan but at the moment of reckoning he fumbled and his shot crashed into goalkeeper Hassan.
Trinidad also got three set-piece free kick opportunities from three different angles on the edge of the penalty area in the first-half, but all three were wasted due to lack of proper planning and precision.
Trinidad almost threw away the match in the 40th minute when goalkeeper Kelvin Jack made a complete hash of judging a long ball from Adnan with Bahrain striker Hussain Ali lurking dangerously close in the penalty area.
But Andrews saved Trinidads day by heading the ball out and the Caribbeans continued to press forward with renewed vigour.
Trinidads perseverance finally paid off four mintues after the restart when the Wrexham defender Lawrence headed home a Yorke corner much to the delight of coach Leo Beenhakker.
Goalkeeper Hassan kept a glimmer of hope alive for Luka Peruzovics team by making a couple of fines savs later in the second-half but the hosts still could not find the equaliser.
All Bahrain managed was a controversy when Hussain Ali kicked the ball out of goalkeeper Jack's hands and scored even though referee Oscar Ruiz had already blown the whistle.
A free-for-all ensued as the referee was pushed around by Bahrain players resulting in a red card for Hussain Baba.
Still, Bahrain made one final attempt through Talal Yousef. But Trinidad goalkeeper Jack rose to the occasion and fisted out a brave effort from the top of the box.
Trinidadians clad in their national colors -- red, white and black -- took to the streets of the capital, Port-of-Spain, jumping and screaming, while others cried over their first entry to the World Cup.
"I am overwhelmed. This is history: Trinidad and Tobago, we going to Germany, Oh God!" said David Frederick, a 37-year-old construction worker.
Thousands of people left work after the victory and were celebrating on nearly every street corner in the capital, waving their country's flag. Motorists punctuated the carnival-like atmosphere by blowing their horns.
Nutor Blair, 30, a Guyanese man celebrating the victory outside a pub and holding a Trinidad flag, said: "I am Guyanese, but a win for Trinidad is a win for the Caribbean."
Other Caribbean teams to make the tournament were Cuba in 1938, Haiti in 1974 and Jamaica in 1998. Bahrain went 1-5-4 in its final 10 qualifiers.

Line-Up.

T&T:
Kelvin Jack, Carlos Edwards (Ian Cox 83rd) Ian Cox, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence, Christopher Birchall (Silvio Spann 21st), Aurtis Whitley, Kenwyne Jones (Russell Latapy 77th), Stern John, Dwight Yorke (capt).

Bahrain:
Hussein Ali Hassan, Sayed Mahmood Jalal, 8. Abdulrahman Abdulkarim, Ahmed Hassan, Mohammed Juma, Talal Yusuf, Sayed Adnan, Husein Salman (Fawzi Ayesh 80th), Mohamed Hubail, Ala’a Hubail.

Beenhakker delighted by T&T heroics.
By: FIFAworldcup.com.
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leo Beenhakker hailed his side's qualification for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germanyâ„¢ as one of the highlights of his lengthy career.
The Dutchman guided his side to a 2-1 aggregate win over Bahrain, their 1-0 victory in Manama on Wednesday evening securing their passage to Germany 2006 - and a place at the finals for the first time ever.
Trinidad finished fourth in the CONCACAF final qualifying group to enter into the play-off against Bahrain. They did so despite a dreadful start to qualifying that saw them amass just one point from the opening three games.
But, with Beenhakker's arrival in place of Bertille St Clair, the team's fortunes took a turn for the better, culminating in the their first berth on the world stage. "If you work 40 years in football you have several highlights and this was, of course, one of them," said Beenhakker.
"When we started in May after three matches the team only had one point and nobody gave us a chance. In the qualifying matches it went better and better and this, of course, is the result.
With Bahrain securing an away goal in the first leg in Port of Spain on Saturday, T&T went into the second leg knowing they needed to score to have any chance of progressing. Four minutes after half-time that vital goal came, towering defender Dennis Lawrence meeting Dwight Yorke's corner powerfully to score past Ali Hassan and force the home side to open up and chase a goal of their own.
Despite several near-misses, Bahrain could not find the answer to prevent the Caribbean islanders qualifying for Germany. "First of all we are very happy that we did it," said Beenhakker. "I have to say what I said before playing the two matches that Bahrain was a tough opponent for us.
"They did a very good job in the first match in Trinidad and Tobago. I think we had, here, a good first half-hour. After that we made the same mistake as in Trinidad that we forgot to play football. We scored a good goal, a wonderful goal and after that it was a very nervous situation for the players.
"Most of them are not used to playing under such pressure but at the end we saved the result and you can imagine that everybody is unbelievably happy. It's the first time in history that this country will be represented in the World Cup, so I suppose it will be a one-week carnival in Trinidad and Tobago."
Bahrain coach Luka Peruzovic was dejected in defeat, believing his team missed out on qualifying by the narrowest of margins. "They pushed us but this is not the reason we lost or we are out," said the naturalised Belgian, who took over as Bahrain coach in August.
"We knew before the match it would be tough and only one detail can make a difference. But I knew it and I said before that in this kind of match little things make a difference."
Public holiday today.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

It's official-today is a public holiday.
In a statement around 6.30 p.m. yesterday, Prime Minister Patrick Manning declared today a public holiday in celebration of the Soca Warriors' World Cup qualifying victory over Bahrain.
The message coming out of the Office of the Prime Minister at Whitehall read:
"Prime Minister Patrick Manning announced that the Government of Trinidad and Tobago has declared Thursday, 17th November, 2005, as a public holiday in celebration of Trinidad and Tobago's victory in the World Cup qualifying match against Bahrain (this afternoon).
"Information received from football officials in Bahrain indicates that the entire team, with the exception of Russell Latapy, is scheduled to arrive in Trinidad and Tobago at 12.05 p.m. tomorrow. The Government encourages citizens to use the holiday to participate fully in the welcome celebrations which will start at the Piarco International Airport and continue with a drive to Port of Spain," the release said.
Meanwhile, The T&T Pro League yesterday sent their congratulations to the 'Soca Warriors' on an historic victory over Bahrain in their second-leg World Cup qualifier yesterday.
In a media release yesterday, the Pro League said: "Words cannot express the joy and pride that we in the T&T Pro League feel on this historic occasion.
According to CEO of Dexter Skeene, "It is the dream of every footballer and 'footballing' nation to qualify for a World Cup. We have now realized our dream".
Skeene further stated, "It has been a long hard journey for Trinidad and Tobago. It was a fighting performance to defeat Bahrain away from home. It gives a clear expression of what we as a people are capable of with a united approach."
PM: Proper welcome awaits team.
By: Anna Ramdass (Express).
[/size]

Prime Minister Patrick Manning has said the Warriors have made history and at today's meeting at Whitehall, Cabinet Ministers will decide on the appropriate rewards for the players-including a public holiday.
A few minutes after the Warriors' historic victory, Manning at the Parliament sitting that "a proper welcome awaits them when they return to Trinidad and Tobago tomorrow".
"It has been yet another sterling performance...," Manning said in an interview with the media following the adjournment of Parliament, "we make history today for the first time, Trinidad and Tobago has qualified for the World Cup finals in Germany".
Manning said the team has done extremely well ,adding that the real greatness was the fact that the Warriors beat Bahrain on their own turf "in a very hostile environment".
"Any time you put a Trini's back against the wall that's what you normally get," said Manning.
He said the hostility from the Bahrain players would have been handled well in Trinidad, "it would have been an easy matter for the authorities in this country".
"I would like to congratulate them (Soca Warriors) very warmly and indicate to them that the Government is very pleased to be a part of this success."
Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday also expressed his excitement over the Warriors' victory. "I'm very pleased and I'm sure the entire nation is pleased and I congratulate the players and the team and we wish them success in Germany," he said.
When asked if he thought that a public holiday should be given to honour the Warriors , Panday responded, "I think whether we have public holiday or not, we have a public holiday."
Panday said while looking at the game he was supporting the wrong team as the Bahrain players wore red, "How them fellars can take our colours?" he asked jokingly.
Commenting on the hostility from the Bahrain players, Panday responded, "football is a physical game and one expects tempers to run high...especially when your football life depends upon it.
"Incidents like that will happen and one hopes that it will not happen as much and will not lead to serious consequences".
He said as the Warriors journey to Germany next year he is confident that they will continue on the road to success. "I think we'll do our best and I think we'll do well," he said.
Warriors an inspiration, says Boynes.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

"Aggressive and inspired" was how Sports Minister Roger Boynes yesterday described the victory of Trinidad and Tobago's Warriors over Bahrain in their last World Cup qualifier.
In a congratulatory statement following the National team's 1-0 victory in Bahrain, Boynes said: "Few had any doubt that following the 1-all draw at home on Monday that the team would travel to Bahrain with a singular mission-to emerge victorious and bring Trinidad and Tobago to our first ever appearance on football's grandest stage-the World Cup. Your aggressive and inspired performance against Bahrain underscored the understanding that as a team you were focused and quietly confident in each other on and off the field, especially when challenged to pull off a win away from home.
"All of Trinidad and Tobago watched in awe as you shook of the negative and delivered on the promise of glory for yourselves and the nation. The way you played the beautiful game is evidence of Trinidad and Tobago's place in world football. You deserve to be among the best of the world in Germany 2006." The Minister said that the team should serve as an inspiration to the citizens of this country.
"Every man, woman and child in Trinidad and Tobago should look to you for inspiration and be spurred on, through your determination, to excellence in all endeavours. May God bless each and every member of the team and technical staff and we eagerly await your return home," the statement ended.
Morris: Victory can unify us.
By: Kwame Laurence klaurence (Express).
[/size]

Corneal defends referee's decision.
This is the view of Clayton Morris, the man who led Trinidad and Tobago to within a point of the 1990 World Cup Finals in Italy.
Yesterday, T&T beat host team Bahrain one-nil to win their two-legged play-off 2-1 on aggregate and qualify for Germany 2006. Morris told the Express, yesterday, he was "very pleased".
"I look forward to seeing the newspapers. Instead of murder, the national team will be everywhere. Everything will be World Cup. I'm in traffic right now and water has overflowed the Caroni Bridge, but everybody is smiling. There is unity and camaraderie.
"This is an accomplishment," the Strike Squad skipper continued.
"It's very pleasing to see guys who were part of the 1990 campaign on this team-Dwight (Yorke), Russell (Latapy) and Michael Maurice, who is now part of the technical staff."
However, Morris explained that from a personal standpoint, nothing could ever make up for the 1-nil defeat at the hands of the United States, in T&T's final Concacaf World Cup qualifying fixture on the Road to Italy 1990.
"That pain and grief can never be eradicated. Every footballer's dream is to play in the World Cup. That was my dream.
"But I hope this achievement," he continued, "will result in respect for footballers. The Strike Squad players weren't given an invitation for the home game against Bahrain. I watched it from my bedroom. In 1989, we met the 1973 team on the field, and that was an honour for me to meet the likes of Warren Archibald. We have shown we can unite an entire nation. We should be respected."
Morris paid tribute to defender Dennis Lawrence, who headed home a Yorke corner for yesterday's only goal.
"Everybody would want to give Dennis a hug. I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but it was very pleasing to see him score, since I was instrumental in getting Dennis onto the national team. Also, Silvio Spann and Cyd Gray. And even Aurtis Whitley. When he was frustrated under Bertille St Clair, I picked up the phone and encouraged him. I told him this is bigger than the coach."
Alvin Corneal has described T&T's qualification for the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany as a"tremendous achievement".
"We've always been knocking on the door, but the planning this time was a bit better. We were more mature and able to approach qualification in a sensible manner."
Corneal, a former national cplayer and coach, was high in praise for current national senior team boss Leo Beenhakker.
"Credit to coach Beenhakker. He had tough decisions to make and he made them very well. For instance, not starting with (Russell) Latapy today. That was a courageous decision, but it was the right one. Latapy did not enjoy the home game, and Beenhakker realised that at 37, he can't cope with the speed of the Bahrain players. He used a younger, stronger player (Kenwyne Jones) to gain an advantage. And then, Beenhakker brought on Latapy for his experience, and he nearly scored. That was a master stroke. And the fans too did a tremendous amount."
Late in yesterday's game, T&T keeper Kelvin Jack attempted to kick the ball upfield, but was robbed by a Bahrain player, who slotted home. The goal, though, was disallowed. In an interview, after the match, Bahrain coach Luka Peruzovic expressed the view that the goal was legitimate. Corneal did not concur.
"I was very disappointed that an international coach would make such a comment. If the ball is in the keeper's hand, you cannot confront him. That's a rule. You cannot obstruct the keeper when he's getting rid of the ball, and Jack was obstructed."
Corneal, a T&T standout in his playing days, told the Express the country has a lot to gain from World Cup qualification.
"People will understand how effective sport is in society. This will help the economy and it will help young people see that dreams can be realised. "Coming close in 1973," Corneal continued," showed us the dream is possible. And the performances in '73 and '89 went a long way in gaining the respect of the world. But nothing comes before its time."
Yorke a happy man.
T&T Express Reports.
[/size]

John calls for Beenhakker's retention. 
"A journey and a half and I'm standing here talking and words cant explain how we feel as a team as a whole at this point in time. It is a fantastic feeling really."
Those were the words of a relieved Trinidad and Tobago captain Dwight Yorke following the "Warriors" 1-0 victory away to Bahrain which sealed an elusive World Cup spot for the national team yesterday.
Yorke, a member of the 1989 Strike Squad, spoke of his joy at fulfilling a 16-year dream.
"I have worked extremely hard in my football. I know what I wanted to achieve and it didn't come easy for me. Yes people might criticise my commitment to my country but I know far from it that I worked really hard as an individual and people are going to criticise me one way or the other but I'm proud to be where I come from, proud to be a Trinidad and Tobagonian and I'm proud to be here.
Yorke added: "My record speaks for itself, and if people are going still to criticise me they are entitled to their opinions..."
Stern John, T&T's main goalscorer in the campaign, added his bit, and urged the retention of coach Leo Beenhakker, whose contract ended yesterday, who he said was one of the main factors in T&T booking a World Cup berth.
"They should come up with the money to keep him. He told us that tonight his contract was finished, so hopefully the country could come up with the money to keep him..."
"...I think he really turned things around very well for us, and I think if it wasn't for him I think we wouldn't have qualified," John also remarked.
Warner: We'll make T&T proud in Germany.
By: Julien Neaves (Express).
[/size]

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) has already begun its plans for World Cup 2006 in Germany and has acquired the assistance of football marketing professionals from Jamaica and the US, according to FIFA Vice President and T&TFF special adviser Jack Warner.
"We are far ahead in our planning than people would ever imagine," said Warner during a live interview with TV6 from Bahrain yesterday.
Warner said that the plans will be sanctioned by the TTFF but will be controlled by the Local Organising Committee (LOC) Germany 2006 Ltd. He said that a two storey office in Woodbrook has been secured for the Committee and Executive Director of the Caribbean Football Union Marketing Division, Horace Reid from Jamaica, has been hired to assist with planning and marketing.
The US Soccer Federation will also be assisting with the local marketing programme, he said.
Warner said that there will be three matches in the first three months of 2006 as part of the lead up to the World Cup. While not providing the details of these matches he said that the final match on March 26 will be "the biggest the country has ever seen".
He said that for 40 years he has "taken every abuse, every criticism, every vilification, every degradation" but has kept focused and wanted to thank all the people who kept the faith with him. He credited the qualification of the team to their syncretism and the commitment of the technical staff and expressed high hopes for the team's performance in Germany.
"We shall make FIFA proud, we shall make CONCACAF proud, but most importantly this nation," said Warner.
He predicted that the players and their supporters will "light up Germany like no other country ever has or ever will" by carrying its calypso, culture, flora, fauna, people and music to the European country.
Warner also commented on the violent behaviour by some of the Bahrain supporters who threw bottles and rocks at local supporters after the match. He described it as "most disgraceful" and expressed his belief that FIFA would address the situation "in due course".

Congratulation post & Photos, click here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:52:26 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

MickeyRat

Re: Trinidad and Tobago write footballing history.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:03:46 PM »
Watch Latas lip...Wha he smoking so to bun up he lips, DAMN.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 03:07:56 PM »
yuh eh see the big bogga in he nose?

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 03:31:54 PM »
 Allyuh cyah see them men crying :o They really work hard...You know what it is to wait 16 years for something :o Vibes it up....Go T&T

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 03:45:10 PM »
We inna Germany.  To all de Ballers who have helped paved the way, Thanks!!!

Blessings. 
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 04:04:10 PM »
yes, thanks to all who came before b/c without them there would be no warrirors.  we break we virgin knot now is time to mash up de place.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 06:32:01 PM »
I still doh believe it
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 07:58:07 PM »
nxt target... brazil... ah wonder if we'll get a public holiday if we get into the round of 16.. lol... actually nvm... i'll be on vacation then... guys ya'll desevre that place in the world cup... congratulations warriors!!!!

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 08:15:03 PM »
D whole country feels different with everyone joining an uniting doesn't it feel good
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline trinit

• New Warrior
  • the best from laventille
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 08:39:50 PM »
Congrautions on a great victory to my blessed soca warriors.  We did it, we going Germany.  :D

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 12:05:58 AM »
 I think it is indeed important we thank everyone who has paved the way for these fine young warriors.... the fathers, the coaches, the footballers past. May they pave the way for many more World CUp Trini teams to come!!!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Remember these guys?? Biggest news of yesterday - BAHRAIN!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 06:08:10 AM »
They deserve some kinda joy I guess....
I could only imagine the emotions of this game for them. Is like Dennis Lawrence return, this time in a Bahrain jersey....

www.fifa.com
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1099982.html#last+gasp+bahrain+deny+saudis

Last-gasp Bahrain deny Saudis(PA) Wednesday 9 September 2009

Bahrain were rewarded for a never-say-die attitude as substitute Ismail Abdullatif's dramatic injury-time strike secured a 2-2 draw in Saudi Arabia that took them a step closer to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™- while shattering the hopes of their hosts.

The two sides had played out a goalless draw in the first leg of this play-off contest in Bahrain and it was Saudi Arabia who went ahead early on at the King Fahd International Stadium through Nasser Al Shamrani before Bahrain levelled in the 40th minute through Jaycee John.

It looked as though the visitors would hold firm for the draw that would be enough to send them through on away goals until Hamad Al-Montashari struck in injury time to seemingly secure the win for Saudi Arabia. However, incredibly, Abdullatif replied straight away to ensure it is Bahrain who will tackle New Zealand in another two-legged play-off for a place at next year's FIFA World Cup.

The home side took the lead in the 12th minute following a fine move that carved open the Bahrain defence. Yasser Al Qahtani played the ball for Mohammed Noor, whose first-time pass fell into the path of Al Shamrani and he shrugged off the attention of a defender to sweep home.

Bahrain drew level five minutes before the break when Abdulla Omar broke inside the area and fed a pass across the face of goal where John had the simple task of putting the ball into the net from close range.

However, it appeared that Saudi Arabia had done enough to snatch the win when in stoppage time Al Qahtani successfully kept the ball in play at the edge of the area, hooking a cross back into the area where Al-Montashari was on hand to power a header into the back of the net.

But the home fans' hearts were broken soon after when Abdullatif headed home Salman Isa's corner to send Bahrain through.

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Remember these guys?? Biggest news of yesterday - BAHRAIN!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 06:46:48 AM »

Hi Guys!!!! Long time... How is T&T doing this time around??

Offline Trini Simply Better

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 06:49:18 AM »
By the way Mr. Moderator, my user name was Bah Simply Better.  You changed it! Thats sneaky  :rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 07:02:59 AM »
By the way Mr. Moderator, my user name was Bah Simply Better.  You changed it! Thats sneaky  :rotfl:

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »

Doh start to boast too soon as your team is not thur yet!

Need to get pass New Zealand first but I honestly wish your team good luck!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »

Hi Guys!!!! Long time... How is T&T doing this time around??

Congratulations. Good luck against New Zealand.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:35 AM »
good luck
but leave allya bottles, ice, cups, seat covers, false teet, and what ever else at home this time :devil:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:23:12 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 07:45:07 AM »
Nah, nah....I eh want dem to qualify...

1. They must suffer for 16 years like we did after 1989 and

2. They goh take way we record of the smallest nation to ever qualify for the World Cup

sooooooo

GO NEW ZEALAND!!!!!   :devil: :devil:  ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 07:51:27 AM »
Good Luck to Bahrain. To every cloud there is a silver lining. The reason Bahrain is there is because of the faithful day when DL score that manificent header. They never forgot it. They are hungry. All the games they playing is a testament to their fortitude. If they win I will gave the sentimental suppoert because they are a small country like ours who will always have something to prove to the big boys. If NZ win, Good luck to them too.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 03:01:32 PM »
I really starting to think some teams are better because they jus demonstrate common sense.

with basically all of injury time played bahrain were 2-1 down and were out of the playoff, they got a corner kick ONLY put 4 men in the 18 yard and were still able to score.  saudi arabia needs to be ashamed. of the 4 men bahrain had in that box 3 of them were practically free 4 that header. saudi arabia  only had one man on a post. AARE u kidding me? and as faith will have it the ball past on the unguarded post. i still cant believe  how saudi arabia "defended "that corner.

and no i not happy 4 bahrain.....they are going to beat new zeland and become the smallest nation to make the world cup >:(
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 03:03:53 PM »
Nah, nah....I eh want dem to qualify...

1. They must suffer for 16 years like we did after 1989 and

2. They goh take way we record of the smallest nation to ever qualify for the World Cup

sooooooo

GO NEW ZEALAND!!!!!   :devil: :devil:  ;D ;D

Leh meh  :praying: :praying: :praying: 4 d Black Cats
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »
All the best Bahrain!! :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
Freakazoid,
                  You can't be serious. We fighting over smallness now. What we are will always be one of the greatest achievements. If every agrees with that no else matters. We have already proven our point. next 2014. OOps!! too fast. CFU > GC>CAC games > Pan AM games > Olympics > 2014.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »
bahrain plays nasty, selfish football. i cant be arsed to see that during the WC... New Zealand better be hungrier than them!

1]; } ?>