March 29, 2024, 03:15:10 AM

Author Topic: Kidnapping in T&T Thread  (Read 36287 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Morning interviews coming his way
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Charles Ramsey was rel kicks. Another Sweet Brown.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Another Looter Vandross yuh mean  :rotfl:

At any rate, not to diminish what he did but to those crying media conspiracy and what not:
1) Is not the media saying Amanda Berry is the real hero... is the police
2) He's not really that big of a hero... certainly not the hero in the story.

Ramsey described how he heard a woman's screams and saw his across-the-street neighbor running to the house next door. A woman who later identified herself as Amanda Berry was kicking and yelling to get out of the house. Ramsey helped kick the door open as Berry and a child dashed out to freedom.

Still, I wouldn't take anything away from what he did... both him and the neighbor could easily have turned a deaf ear and gone about their business.  As he himself said, he didn't really know what was going on... could have been a domestic dispute, and we know how people are loathe to get involved in those, sometimes for good reason.  Suffice to say that all three, Berry, the neighbor and "Chuck" deserve high praise for their actions.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

hahaha
www.westindiantube.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wow the media done start to ex out the black man who went to her aid from the narrative. I hope is not because he was somewhat disheveled with unkempt hair. In the live press conference the chief of police did not mention him at all. Hopefully this brother's act of human decency will not go unrewarded.

The fella is real kicks though  ;D

Yuh eh lie. De man is a live wire. He keep it real ... de reporter start tuh bounce when he realize how real.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I dunno...ah find the 911 dispatcher could have been a little more comforting. He/she was kind of rushing her off the phone and just telling her to talk to the police. I guess I understand that their main priority might be people whose lives are in immediate danger, but he/she could have been more comforting. :/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ECEbYVCH4-4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ECEbYVCH4-4</a>
www.westindiantube.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

At any rate, not to diminish what he did but to those crying media conspiracy and what not:
1) Is not the media saying Amanda Berry is the real hero... is the police
2) He's not really that big of a hero... certainly not the hero in the story.

Ramsey described how he heard a woman's screams and saw his across-the-street neighbor running to the house next door. A woman who later identified herself as Amanda Berry was kicking and yelling to get out of the house. Ramsey helped kick the door open as Berry and a child dashed out to freedom.

Still, I wouldn't take anything away from what he did... both him and the neighbor could easily have turned a deaf ear and gone about their business.  As he himself said, he didn't really know what was going on... could have been a domestic dispute, and we know how people are loathe to get involved in those, sometimes for good reason.  Suffice to say that all three, Berry, the neighbor and "Chuck" deserve high praise for their actions.

Because the media eh know the real story or can't investigate as to how things went down. Is only in Trini the media lazy.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The fella is real kicks though  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gP5Ud_juMTw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gP5Ud_juMTw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ohio abductions: how false leads and dashed hopes broke one mother's heart

'She's not alive, honey.' Those words, from a TV psychic, may have marked the beginning of the end for Louwana Miller

In the buildup to Christmas 2005, Amanda Berry's mother bought presents as usual for her daughter. Louwana Miller had neither seen nor heard from Berry for over two years, but she remained hopeful that she would return to her in time to unwrap the gifts.

In fact, it would be seven more years before Berry and two other missing women, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, would reappear, in a house a few miles from where all three disappeared, in Cleveland, Ohio.

Tragically, the reappearances came too late for Miller, who died in March 2006, apparently of a broken heart.

The story begins on 21 April, 2003, the day before Berry's 17th birthday. She called her sister to say that she was getting a ride home after putting in a shift at Burger King, around 10 minutes' drive from where she lived.

It would be over 10 years before Charles Ramsey, a neighbour of the house where she was being held captive, would hear her screams and free her. In the intervening years, her family suffered the absence of their loved one, and the misery of hopes being dashed as leads proved fruitless.

The first came shortly after her disappearance, when a man using her daughter's phone called and told her: "I have Amanda. She's fine and will be coming home in a couple of days." But that led to nothing.

As time passed and no news emerged, the case was featured on the TV programme American's Most Wanted. In November 2004, Miller, who worked tirelessly to highlight her daughter's case, appeared on The Montel Williams Show. The experience was a painful one for Miller, who was told by a supposed psychic on the show: "She's not alive, honey." Those words, Miller's friends said, profoundly affected her. Nevertheless, Miller continued her search, holding a vigil march the following year on Berry's birthday, during which people sang happy birthday to the absent teenager.

But in December 2005, Miller was taken to hospital with pancreatitis and other ailments. She died three months later of heart failure, at 44. Dona Brady, a city councillor who said she spent many hours with Miller, said: "She literally died of a broken heart."

There was further trauma for Berry's surviving family last summer when a prison inmate, Robert Wolford, told the authorities they would find her remains in a city lot in Cleveland. He was taken to the location, which was dug up, but no body was found. Wolford was subsequently sentenced to four and a half years in jail after admitting he had made up the claim.

DeJesus went missing a year after Perry. Aged 14, she disappeared while walking home from Wilbur Wright middle school, about half a mile from where Perry went missing.

In the months after DeJesus went missing, her father, Felix, would go out every night after work to search for his daughter. He was frustrated, feeling that the authorities had given up on his daughter: no special alert was issued the day DeJesus failed to return home because no one witnessed her abduction. The lack of an alert angered Felix DeJesus, who said in 2006 he believed the public would listen even if such alerts became routine.

In 2006, there was, briefly, hope of a resolution to the case after a tipoff that DeJesus's body was buried under the garage of a property belonging to a registered sex offender. The house owner and another man were arrested on suspicion of aggravated murder but a search failed to yield anything, and neither man was charged.

Knight's case, too, was the story of a family continuing to cling on to hope and search for their missing loved one as they felt the authorities' efforts tailing off. While the cases of Perry and DeJesus were high profile in Cleveland's west side community, the disappearance of Knight, who was 18 at the time of her disappearance, on 23 August, 2002, drew far less attention.

Speaking on Monday, after she had been found, her grandmother, Deborah Knight, said that, based on advice from police and social workers, family members had concluded that Michelle, who was last seen at a cousin's house, had probably left of her own accord because she was angry that her son had been removed from her custody.

But Michelle Knight's mother, Barbara, was unable to accept that she would disappear without a word to let her know that she was safe. She said she had continued to distribute flyers in Cleveland long after police stopped searching; and, even when she had moved from Cleveland – to Florida – she would often return to continue the search.

Knight said she had once thought she had seen her daughter walking with an older man, who appeared to be dragging her along when she dawdled, at a shopping plaza in Cleveland several years previously. But she called her daughter's name and the woman did not turn around.

Understandably, given the years of dashed hopes, on Monday Barbara Knight was wary of believing her daughter had truly been found until she had concrete proof. But she was also looking ahead to the possibility of introducing her to another member of the family: the little sister Michelle Knight has never met.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/ohio-abductions-mother-louwana-miller
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Charles Ramsey hailed as hero for role in helping Amanda Berry escape

Ramsey was initially considered a lone saviour but neighbour claims it was 'group effort'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/cleveland-abduction-charles-ramsey

**Excerpt from another neighbour**

"Now it's like: red flag, red flag, red flag. Somebody should've said something and my sister actually a few years ago heard a scream and she called police."
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
His 911 call - contains obscene language but funny.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRBHpZhbcSw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XRBHpZhbcSw</a>
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:27:42 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hahahaha
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 ;D

That man is tears...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Thanks FF
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
She said: "This motherf**ker done kidnapped me and my baby..." LOL

Allyuh bess leave Charles alone yes

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
They are crazy. Charles Ramsey is the real hero !!!! if he had turn his back them girls would have still been there.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They are crazy. Charles Ramsey is the real hero !!!! if he had turn his back them girls would have still been there.

If he had turned his back the neighbor who was already on the porch trying to get the door open would have gotten them out.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hmph! Interesting stuff in this article.

End of decade of torment for Cleveland kidnapping victims and their families
Neighbours had few suspicions Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight were being held in Seymour Avenue

Elsie Cintron, 55, who lives three doors away from Ariel Castro, said the backyard was boarded up with very high wooden sheets so there was no way to see inside. Once, a couple of years ago, she saw a young girl, maybe three or four years old, looking out of the window of the third floor attic of the house.

"I thought it was strange. What was a little girl doing with a man and no adult women in a house like that?"

'I wouldn't have anything to do with him'

More recently, Cintron's granddaughter reported an even more disturbing sight: she said she had spotted a naked woman crawling on her hands and knees outside the house. The woman went back in, but it was sufficiently unnerving to persuade the granddaughter to call the police, who Cintron believes failed to act upon the information. After that, she told her children and grandchildren firmly to go nowhere near number 2207. "I wouldn't have anything to do with him – I didn't want no problems," she said.

Cleveland police have insisted they did everything they could over the course of the past decade to follow up leads in the cases of the missing women. But in the coming days and weeks they are likely to face probing questions about whether they dropped the ball.

In January 2004, when both Knight and Berry were presumably already hidden in the house, police called at 2207 Seymour Avenue to interview Castro about an incident at work. He had left a young boy abandoned in his school bus while he went to have a lunch break, and police were asked to investigate whether he had any criminal intent, eventually concluding that he did not.

There are other reports of irregular activities. Juan Perez, 27, who lives two doors down from Ariel Castro's home, told the Guardian that about three years ago Perez and his mother and sister heard a scream coming from Castro's house. "It was the kind of scream that made you uncomfortable, so my mom called the police." That was all he knew about the incident, Perez said, and he has no idea what, if anything, the police did following the call. But the sense of how important that event might have been has already begun to haunt him.

"I can't help feeling a bit guilty as I lived two doors away from where they were kept for 10 years and apart from that I never heard anything," Perez said.

With each detail that emerges about Castro and his alleged secret life, the mystery only deepens. For every neighbour who said they found him odd or withdrawn, there was another who said he was charming, friendly and great fun.

Alberto Fermin has known Castro for about 15 years and plays with him in a Puerto Rican band, Borin Plena. He said Castro was an excellent bass musician. "I'm in shock. I know him as a very nice guy." That side of Castro shines out of his Facebook page, where last month he posted: "Congrats to my Rosie Arlene. She gave birth to a wonderful baby boy. That makes me Gramps for the fifth time, 2boys 1girl 2boys. Love you guys!"

Julio Castro, Ariel's uncle who has a grocery store half a block away from the house, told the Guardian he was in a very conflicted mood. On the one hand he was very happy that the three women were safe and free. On the other, he has to deal with the knowledge that three of his nephews are suspects in the abductions. "I feel terrible. Shameful! Shame on you Ariel!" he said.

It will take time for what happened to the three women in the house to become clear. More evident is the torture that their families have endured since they went missing.

Amanda Berry's family had their hopes raised then dashed twice.

Shortly after Amanda's disappearance, a man using her mobile phone called her mother and said: "I have Amanda. She's fine and will be coming home in a couple of days." But nothing happened.

After Amanda's mother died, another lead came in. A prison inmate, Robert Wolford, told the authorities they would find Amanda's remains in a city lot in Cleveland. He was taken to the location, which was dug up, but no body was found. Wolford was subsequently sentenced to four and a half years in jail after admitting it was a hoax.

DeJesus's family also went through unthinkable torment. In 2006, a tipoff came in that her body was buried under the garage of a property belonging to a registered sex offender.

The house owner and another man were arrested on suspicion of aggravated murder but a search failed to yield anything, and neither man was charged.

For Knight's family, the same desperate pattern unfolded. The missing girl's mother, Barbara, once thought she saw her walking with an older man, who appeared to be dragging her along when she dawdled, at a shopping plaza in the city. But when she called her daughter's name the woman did not turn round.

With police saying they are confident the three brothers are the perpetrators, other events that took place over the 10 years now look, at best, extraordinary and, at worst chilling. Evelyn Vega, 49, who lives in the neighbourhood and has frequently heard Ariel Castro's band, told the Guardian she remembers talking to Pedro Castro at another site where last summer police were digging for what they thought might be Gina DeJesus's body. "He told us they aren't going to find the bones in there. Now we know why – his brother had them in that house," she said, pointing to the cordoned-off property.

Three months after DeJesus vanished, Ariel Castro's son and namesake wrote an article, as part of his journalism studies, which was published by the local Plain Press. In it, he interviewed DeJesus's mother, Nancy Ruiz, who told him: "People are watching out for each other's kids. It's a shame that a tragedy had to happen for me to really know my neighbours – bless their hearts, they've been great."

There is no suggestion that the younger Ariel Castro had anything to do with the abductions. But the knowledge that the suspected perpetrator was one of those same neighbours – an ordinary guy living on an ordinary street – is going to haunt this city for a long time to come.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/cleveland-kidnapping-victims-sudden-end
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:17:51 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Police drop the ball
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Police drop the ball

How so... because the media looking for a story to sell?

giggsy11

His 911 call - contains obscene language but funny.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XRBHpZhbcSw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XRBHpZhbcSw</a>

Charles sound like he gettin vex he Mcnuggets gettin cold. These types of stories where young people getting taken and are held over lenghty periods of times bothers the hell out of me. I can't handle reading about what they have experienced. The psychological and emotional damage that is done over the period of their captivity is enough to kill a young person's spirit and soul. Then on top of it there are children conceived under those circumstances.
And what kills me is when so an so lining up tuh talk about the perp, how nice dey were and all dat. You doh know what a person is like until yuh live with  dem and experience how dey handle dey self day in and day out. It have so many evil people out there that having contact with us and our love ones and we don't even know it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:24:09 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Good interview on AC 360... starting tuh change mih mind... just a little  :)

My issue is less about Charles Ramsey and his actions, and more about the public's insistence on casting him in the role of hero.  It's almost as though they're compensating for something... like their own subconscious stereotyping of him.  This is a good interview with Anderson Cooper though...

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/crime/2013/05/08/ac-intv-cleveland-hero-charles-ramsey.cnn.html

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find Mr.Ramsay to be a very eloquent individual especially in this Anderson interview. He is obviously well read. Heck I wish some of my coworkers could be as descriptive and recall events in such a manner.  He cant be a dishwasher....Jobs in Cleveland must really be tough....I'm sure Oprah is already calling him  though...  McDonalds for FREE for 10 years...

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:38:46 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
.....Psychic Who Said Amanda Berry Was Dead Silent After Berry Is Found Alive
By COLLEEN CURRY | Good Morning America

A year after Amanda Berry disappeared in Cleveland, her mother appeared on "The Montel Williams Show" to speak to a psychic about what happened to her daughter.

Psychic Sylvia Browne, who has made a career of televised psychic readings, told Louwanna Miller on a 2004 episode of the show that her daughter was dead, causing Miller to break down in tears on the show's set.

"She's not alive, honey," Browne told Miller on the show, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper. "Your daughter's not the kind who wouldn't call."

Miller told the newspaper that she believed "98 percent" in what Browne told her. Miller died a year later from heart failure.

On Monday, Berry was found alive after she broke free from a home in Cleveland where she says she has been kept for the past decade.

Browne did not return phone calls seeking comment today by ABC News. The Montel Williams show, through syndicator CBS, also did not return calls for comment. The show no longer airs new episodes.

It's not the first time that Browne, and other psychics, have come under fire for their involvement in law enforcement cases.

In 2003, Browne incorrectly told the parents of missing teen Shawn Hornbeck that their son was dead, and his body could be found somewhere near "two jagged boulders," according to her premonition.

Nearly four years later, Hornbeck was found alive, and Browne was widely criticized in the media for causing the Hornbecks additional grief.

A website called "Stop Sylvia Browne," dedicated to cataloguing Browne's purported failures at prediction, sprang up in 2006.

Last year, Dwayne Baker told ABC News that after his son went missing in 2007, he was flooded with calls from psychics offering potential leads into the whereabouts of Travis Baker.

"It's very hard,' Dwayne Baker said. "I went through everything. My son was missing for two years, two months and 12 days. "Psychics called me. I even received a DVD in the mail that a guy claimed he could talk to the dead and this was Travis' voice, with no return address. I don't understand why people would want to do that."

"The psychics…" said Baker, 45, before pausing to let out a long sigh. "I hate to say how many of those called me and said they knew where Travis was. My mother and wife went to one and paid them $100."

Travis Baker's remains were located in 2009.

Brad Garret, a former special agent with the FBI and ABC News consultant said that alleged tips from psychics rarely help solve a case.

"As far as finding a victim, finding remains, finding evidence or in any way helping to solve the case, it's never been my experience," he said. "So, it's really a disservice to victims."

"We've never had a psychic lead that turns out to be correct," said Lt. Dave Parker, of the Anchorage, Alaska, police department, after 18-year-old Samantha Koenig went missing in February, 2012.

Today, Brown faced backlash on social media for her incorrect prediction about Amanda Berry. It is unclear whether she has helped to solve a crime with her psychic predictions.

"Psychics make me sick. Here's an example: Sylvia Browne told Amanda Berry's Mum (now dead) her daughter was dead," wrote Twitter user Chris McBriarty.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Someone asked: Has Obama called Charles Ramsey to give him kudos, or was this not political enough?  ;)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It have so many evil people out there that having contact with us and our love ones and we don't even know it.

+1
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
classifying him as a hero is overstating it a bit, but the man take action while others around him froze up.

if he was clean cut and better spoken all now so he would be rolling in citations from this and that police dep't, and POTUS would have called him and made sure everybody knew about it.

if he has some convictions under his belt that might serve to temper the accolades etc.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
McDonald's reaching out to Cleveland's Ramsey

..."We salute the courage of Ohio kidnap victims & respect their privacy," the Oak Brook chain said on its corporate Twitter account. "Way to go Charles Ramsey -- we'll be in touch."

Spokeswoman Danya Proud said that tweet was the result of a rash of customers asking the company to do something for Ramsey, who's been called a hero for calling attention to the scene.

"We have literally heard from thousands of people who think McDonald's should do something for Mr. Ramsey," Proud said. "Out of respect for him, and the situation, McDonald's and our franchisees are contacting him directly."

The company didn't go into detail about any possible reward.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-mcdonalds-cleveland-kidnapping-20130508,0,3282572.story
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mc Donalds power!
Youtube Channel

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
McDonald's reaching out to Cleveland's Ramsey

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-mcdonalds-cleveland-kidnapping-20130508,0,3282572.story

No such thing as bad publicity

classifying him as a hero is overstating it a bit, but the man take action while others around him froze up.

if he was clean cut and better spoken...

Interesting comment.  I was discussing this with a few of my colleagues and I wonder if he wasn't as eccentric as he comes across if he would have done something?

Sometimes certain people are in certain places for a reason....
whey boy!

1]; } ?>