April 30, 2024, 04:17:19 PM

Author Topic: Luton Town boss wants even more from Carlos Edwards  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Luton Town boss wants even more from Carlos Edwards
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:08:44 PM »
Luton Town boss wants even more from Carlos Edwards
Luton Today

Trinidad & Tobago international Carlos Edwards made up for missing Luton's weekend defeat at Norwich by producing a classy display in Hatters' Tuesday night win over Crewe Alexandra.

The winger ran the show from the right against the Railwaymen after missing the Carrow Road game due to extended celebrations in Trinidad following his country's qualification for the World Cup.

But while happy to have his winger back in action, Town boss Mike Newell has stressed there are still area's of Edwards' game to be improved.

Speaking after the 4-1 victory, Newell said: "Yes, he's on top of his form, but we think he can do even more.

"With his ability, we think he's got goals in him and he can hurt teams when he gets into the right areas.

"He looks good at times, but I wouldn't say he made a difference for us becuase he played in three of the four games we lost before that.

"It would have been nice to have him against Norwich, but I don't know if it would have made any difference to the result.

"The players that came in and scored the goals made the difference and I was delighted with the way they played."

On the impact of two goal Rowan Vine and fellow scorer Enoch Showunmi, Newell said: "Rowan's not had much pre-season and it's difficult to play catch up when you've had no pre-season.

"But he's looked sharp for the reserves and looked good against Sheffield United the other night.

"Enoch's been knocking in twos, threes and fives in the reserves and deserves his chance.

"He did really well for the first goal when he let it run across him and he did brilliantly to get down the right and square it for Rowan.

"It's makes a difference when you've got players like that itching to come in and that's what we've not had in other areas of the side."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
Re: Luton Town boss wants even more from Carlos Edwards
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:38:57 PM »
when carlos moving from luton--- all this dogging..

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 02:46:11 PM »
Lovin' it - great to hear our Warriors doin what they do best in dey respective clubs. Once dey keep optimum form, T&T will light up Germany.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 05:03:04 PM »
At least they should realise that we send these players back to their clubs a better player... :)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:54:31 PM »
yet stern still gettin a raw deal

i say give him d ball he go put it in
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Bailey

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 06:45:24 PM »
Fellars when a coach say that a player could do much better its not de time to get packing its time to get cracking. Carlos has a wealth of talant and I also think is time for him to take it to the next level
the boy good but he still have some ways to go. hopfuly comments like what his coach made will help him achieve greater things

Power to de warriors

1]; } ?>