April 28, 2024, 09:07:38 PM

Author Topic: Coach Gansler expects a lot from T&T's Sealy in KANSAS CITY  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Taken from the Trinidad Express

Kansas City Wizards coach Bob Gansler expects a lot from the Trinidad and Tobago international forward Scott Sealy, who made his US Major League Soccer (MLS) debut last weekend.

"He reads the game. When I was watching Scott in college, I was most interested in and most impressed with his work off the ball. He's got a nose for it; he's got instinct," Gansler said.

"He shows up in good spots repeatedly, and he can find the next play. And the next play, quite often, is not you," Gansler added.

Sealy, 23, was drafted in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft in January out of Wake Forest University, where he achieved second on the school's all-time scoring chart with 43 goals and 22 assists.

About his brief appearance on Saturday, Sealy said he was "quite delighted".

"The fans were very, very enthusiastic," he said. "I felt I was going to get into the game at some point. It wasn't a long time, but I felt good," he said.

"As a rookie coming in you want to play. Playing time is definitely first priority," Sealy said.

"But (I want to) work hard, be consistent during practice and during games, and (achieve) team goals as well, like winning MLS Cup," he said.

He could be called away from the Wizards to his native country's national team for which he had earned nine caps as of February.

But he is uncertain about his international sntatus in Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup qualifying bid, following last week's sacking of regular coach Bertille St. Clair.

"We just had a coaching change (Leo Beenhakker taking over). The next game is June 4 versus Panama at home. With the coaching change, nobody really knows what's going to happen. It's sort of up in the air," he said.

Sealy is one of three Caribbean players on the Kansas City Wizards roster - Jamaicans Khari Stephenson and Shavar Thomas the others - and their next game is next week Saturday against the MetroStars.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 09:54:51 AM by Kingk »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Coach Gansler expects a lot from T&T's Sealy in KANSAS CITY
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 03:01:14 AM »
Kingk !!!!

You need to put the source where you got these/any articles.

PLEASE !!!

Thank you.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Gansler expects a lot from T&T's Sealy in KANSAS CITY
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 09:46:40 AM »
alright will do

1]; } ?>