April 19, 2024, 02:57:59 PM

Author Topic: THANK U FOX SOCCER CHANNEL  (Read 5059 times)

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
THANK U FOX SOCCER CHANNEL
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:19:13 AM »
Just want to say a very big thank you to fox soccer channel for bringing both T&T/Bharain playoff games.  All die hard fans on this forum know the stress we go through to get coverage of our games.  We always bash fsc when they dis us.  We should be just as quick to give praise when it's due.  The game announcer even apologised for calling our team "soccer warriors" instead of "SOCA WARRIORS".  He also mentioned that soca was short for soulful calypso, invented by lord Shorty in the 1970's.

Let's be real, in the scheme of world football T&T and Bharain are not household names.  Fsc could easily broadcasted games between more well known teams from Europe.

Just like we bombarded fsc with negative email when they deserve it lets do the same to show our appreciation.

Once again THANK YOU Fox Soccer Channel/Fox Sports World.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: THANK U FOX SOCCER CHANNEL
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:20:24 AM »
whats their email address post it here so we could bless them
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:20:52 AM »
They had the 2nd leg????????????????????????????

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 10:23:15 AM »
What is their email. I would like to thank them.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 10:23:22 AM »
ditto

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 10:25:24 AM »
I don't know the email address.  someone who has it please post if for the rest of us.

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »
Man, I glad FSC bring the games, so i could get to watch history live. But then I watching Fox Sports World Report and they show highlights of EVERY game EXCEPT T&T - Bahrain. I was vex.
Then they proceed to show one long segment on flikin LA winning the MLS cup.

Just when yuh think you could relax and give FSC props...
Must rhyme with an O

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 10:58:36 AM »
The game announcer even apologised for calling our team "soccer warriors" instead of "SOCA WARRIORS".  He also mentioned that soca was short for soulful calypso, invented by lord Shorty in the 1970's.

nuff respect to FSC for doing that.

obviously an irate trini educate the commentator on soca.

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 10:59:21 AM »
think you could leave feedback here for them... I look for email but didnt find it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »
Man, I glad FSC bring the games, so i could get to watch history live. But then I watching Fox Sports World Report and they show highlights of EVERY game EXCEPT T&T - Bahrain. I was vex.

Yo breds, I eh know what you was watching, but I watch de highlights on Fox Sports World Report this morning self.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 11:33:03 AM »
think you could leave feedback here for them... I look for email but didnt find it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/feedback

You could probably also try this: Feedback@foxsports.com
It's mentioned on the feedback page for a different purpose but it should probably work.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 11:43:56 AM »

Yo breds, I eh know what you was watching, but I watch de highlights on Fox Sports World Report this morning self.
Last night, 10pm when i was drinking and telling people where i was to change the channel, they show every highlight except that one... GolTV come through for me though.
Must rhyme with an O

Offline pthandi

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 12:38:37 PM »
SCREW THE FOX SOCCER CHANNEL

EVERYONE DOUBTED THE SOCA WARRIORS  EVERYONE!!!

I ONLY THANK THE SOCA WARRIORS CUZ EVERYTHING EVERYONE WAS AGAINST THEM
AND THEY OVERCAME IT AND MADE HISTORY

I had my doubts i'm sure everyone did but the fact is T&T DID IT

and it still hasn't sunk it me yet

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 08:50:08 PM »
Just want to say a very big thank you to fox soccer channel for bringing both T&T/Bharain playoff games.  All die hard fans on this forum know the stress we go through to get coverage of our games.  We always bash fsc when they dis us.  We should be just as quick to give praise when it's due.  The game announcer even apologised for calling our team "soccer warriors" instead of "SOCA WARRIORS".  He also mentioned that soca was short for soulful calypso, invented by lord Shorty in the 1970's.

Let's be real, in the scheme of world football T&T and Bharain are not household names.  Fsc could easily broadcasted games between more well known teams from Europe.

Just like we bombarded fsc with negative email when they deserve it lets do the same to show our appreciation.

Once again THANK YOU Fox Soccer Channel/Fox Sports World.

I agree!   All of us who are able, should send a positive note to FSC.  Look when these guys sit around the table and decide which games to show, their positive experience with the recipients of their previous similar show plays a role.  If  all we do is  simply point out the short comings in the broadcast that does  not inspire them to broadcast programs of interest to us.  Here is a letter that I will send to  FSC.

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was a delight to be able to watch on Fox Soccer Channel the World Cup Qualifying Playoff between Trinidad&Tobago and Bahrain.  There is little doubt that the transmission of the match has raised the profile of FSC among soccer loving fans in the US and Canada and especially among fans from the Caribbean who reside in the aforementioned areas.  I know of a number of guys who upgraded their cable or satellite service to be able to get FSC and many intend to keep the service.  The availability of the English Premiere league was also a contributing factor to keeping FSC.

The commentary on the T&T vs Bahrain  match was excellent! Nick Webster was spot on and the anecdotal information he provided was interesting and entertaining. Keith Costigan player insight and  commentary was also much appreciated.

Thanks again, and we are all hoping that FSC would cover similar events in the future.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 08:52:54 PM »
Good letter Store bay, could not have worded it better myself, proceed man, if you feel comfortable, you can sign on behalf of some members of the forum including myself.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 09:19:57 PM »
mailto:Feedback@foxsports.com

i just did mines.

everyone plz make an effort!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 09:56:07 PM »
i know for sure that someone email them about the pronunciation of the word soca, and gave them a lil history about it......the man repeat it enough times throughout the match :rotfl:

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 11:08:02 PM »
I agree, I was able to watch the match live although there was some feed problems at the begining it seems, it was very happy they showed the game and personally I found the commentators were calling the shots right except for when one of them disagreed with the Ref for disallowing the goal...bujt the other guy put him in his place!!!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 11:31:32 PM »
I does want tuh vomit anytime I hear or see FOX, maybe dis will tell yuh why.....

Check it out -------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ldyn/id2.html

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2005, 11:36:19 PM »
Seriously, why allyuh kissin FOX arse so much?  Especially after the racist comments against Dwight Yorke and calling the pitch in Trinidad hard like a "Parking lot", allyuh mustbe just like Powell and Rice, a bunch ah House Negros ah wha?

Offline canadiantrini

• togeter we aspire. together we achieve
  • Jr. Warrior
  • T+T=victory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 02:28:21 AM »
its about respect an gratitude. der is no need to hold da grudge. one love. 

1]; } ?>