April 24, 2024, 10:14:54 PM

Author Topic: Hey Flex.. Do you have any idea how long  (Read 2339 times)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hey Flex.. Do you have any idea how long
« on: April 08, 2005, 05:39:32 PM »
each poster on this site has been posting?? I am not sure if you could recover that info.. Just curious. I find the new warrior Jr warrior a little misleading. I understand it now but I thought it was keeping track on how long we have been on the soca warriors forum itself.. I know quite a few here have been around since Marc P days. Jeez that was years ago.. Remember when Marc shuting down the site and man was bawling. Thank God you come here and save us with this site...
Do you know whatever happened to marc p?? I think he was based in Canada

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Flex.. Do you have any idea how long
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 06:44:46 PM »
Ah might be wrong (if so Flex would correct meh), but ah tink de only way tuh find dat out is tuh ask de posters demselves. I eh tink any records were being kept.

As far as the current forum goes, the status of Jr. Warrior etc. is based on how many posts you have made. The name that is used as well as the criteria can be changed, but right now the default values are as follows:

StatusPosts
Jr. Warrior50
Full Warrior100
Sr. Warrior250
Hero Warrior500

I agree dat it is somewhat misleading fuh de posters dat have been around long time, some since 1998 (wit Marc Purcell's site).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 09:48:46 PM »
which site is Marc Purcell own?I might be related to that sadess.Do you have an email address for him?
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 04:59:59 AM »
Hello Samo and thanx for the compliments.

Tallman answered it for you, status wise (getting promoted from Junior to Senior level).

Remember ! this is a new forum so all posters will be credited from the day they signed up for "this" new forum and "not" the old one. With the ole one there were many things we couldn't do (like keep track of posts, members and posters etc ~ etc), we didn't have that type of luxury with them.
Fortunately though, with this new forum there's many things we can do because of the tools we have at our disposal now. So its like a new site now where we have to start all over again and cannot get credited for past post or senority date from other forums in the past.

Hope I answered your questions.

As for Marc Purcell, I was also unsuccessful in contacting him. I assume he's still around but don't want to be bothered, maybe he felt hurt when I had launched my website and just gaved up..? At first I wanted him to come onboard with me but he never got back to me on the issue....  :-\ He did very good and I still wish if I can contact him.

Cheers..... 8)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:17:51 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 12:25:16 PM »
I first came on in late 1998.

Some of the oldsters from that time just observe now...don't talk..eg. Defender, dennis, Irie Blue etc.

SH came on around the same time or just after me...

A few months later I remember S. Pro...Can't remember everybody...

I remember Observer and Watchfu Eye posting regularly in those days...I love hearing them reminisce about the OLD days.

Purcelle was really a case yes boy...always happy to email me when he want something, but never want to return my emails or calls.

However, he started the ball rolling when it came to Trini football sites...and we have to thank him for that.

I seem to remember Richard Goddard being one of the real oldsters as well...unless it's another richard I'm thinking of.

RF war right there too...we use to have real world wit that youth :)

That defender from Pres. who played in the youth WC wass there too...but disappeared after a year or so....forget he name.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 05:05:30 PM »
I was there also, back in the late 90's on Marcs site.. I think Willi used to be on that site as well. (Jacan poster) As well as portia..didn't VB and portia have war at one point? Not sure if was that site or not!

Jumbie

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 08:26:14 PM »
Thanx for the info Flex and Tallman... Allyuh bring back some names I ent see in a long time...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 01:45:06 AM »
Jumbie you eh easy nah boy... :)

Yes..Portia, Willie, RF and Peter R wre regulars in those days.

Mosiah and George used to pass through now and again.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 09:24:18 AM »
Purcell site was rel kicks fuh truete..I only used to scope out de scenes on Fexos site back den, until Socapro make meh come on board to fight Al, and Peg.

Back in de 1998!!  Time does real fly we.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 09:50:57 AM »
i came on around 2000, late 1999 at think, some people think im a new comer, lol, dats de truth though, since 1999 or 2000 ive been here

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How long u and triniman battling?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 04:11:32 PM »
i came on around 2000, late 1999 at think, some people think im a new comer, lol, dats de truth though, since 1999 or 2000 ive been here

I came on board in early 99 on Marc's site too, them days i was more waring too (guess it was more youth in me).
Also cause i was based in Ja full time, i would have it out on the RBZ site alot, i rememebr serious wars I had with with RF and Portia.

I remember the day I switch from Purcell to Flex site, at the time it was weird, kinda like how we change from the old site to this new one.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 05:14:12 PM »
big up flex and tallman i jus came on(early march) an i real post cause this site interesting i glad for all who here long time............i was loookin for a site like this since prob 02 and couldnt find any i lived a life thinkin that the ttff(remarkably inadequate) was the only site for tnt football so i just depended on skysports.com mainly for tnt player news in europe i reallly stumbled across this site true ttsportstuff(also remarkably inadequate) but thanks to all for accepting me and answering my post
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>