April 27, 2024, 07:34:16 AM

Author Topic: Kelvin Jack :-(  (Read 12713 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin Jack :-(
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2005, 07:40:38 AM »
 i know we made a lot of scot friendS recently.....BUT NEVER...NEVER,....CALL US DUCK AND DOG PUB TEAM AGAIN...EVER......TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2005, 07:59:51 AM »
I might have missed that Big Magician but who done that?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2005, 08:06:41 AM »
HEY DUNDEE MAD...THAT WAS THE SCOT PRESS AFTER TNT LOST 4-1 TO SCOTLAND LAST YEAR...3-0 FIRST HALF.....THAT REAL HURT......THOSE COMMENTS....BUT ALL IS WELL NOW....WE IN DE CUP...BBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2005, 08:26:18 AM »
Ahh I see now. If they did that then they would be wrong but I suspect they were having a go at Berti Vogts more than TnT. Apologies if this is what they said.

Be honest now mate, it might have been a one off but nobody loses 4-1 to Scotland!!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2005, 09:01:16 AM »
Ahh I see now. If they did that then they would be wrong but I suspect they were having a go at Berti Vogts more than TnT. Apologies if this is what they said.

Be honest now mate, it might have been a one off but nobody loses 4-1 to Scotland!!

you must have seen the game on sky! After the expected put downs by 'Champagne' Charlie Nicholas and crew I was really hoping we would get a result to shut them up......but after the beating (one of the worst T&T performances I have ever seen) I realised that T&T and what we did in the game mattered little to them. If we won or drew it was fodder for Nicholas to berate Vogts and if they won.......well, big deal it was Trinidad & Tobago!!!??? Who the heck is that.

They did call us a pub team, on more than one occasion and had a right good laugh at our expense....no Scottish Fan will ever experience that kind of lack of respect. It hurt even more as it was very clear none of them had ever seen T&T play a game yet they were proved right...that it would be as easy game. I had been a supporter of Bertile St Clair but from that day on I really had to shut meh hole. Not all Scot's are happy for T&T(this I know from experience)...and I know what reference those guys will be using to show why we shouldn't be at the World Cup.

We should have ah rematch in POS as ah WC warmup and see what happen this time.

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2005, 09:10:39 AM »
You can't use Charlie Nicholas as an example of all Scots!! His head is so far up his own arse its not real.

I didn't watch the game on Sky mate, I don't really have much interest in Scotlands games.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2005, 09:24:17 AM »
You can't use Charlie Nicholas as an example of all Scots!! His head is so far up his own arse its not real.

I didn't watch the game on Sky mate, I don't really have much interest in Scotlands games.

Never would, but the point was more about the fallout from the game and adding to Big Magicians comment. My first hand experience has nothing to do with Mr Nicholas as I'm sure he forgot all about T&T as soon as they went off air. Also, it wasn't just on TV but that was the most hurtful medium.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2005, 09:39:11 AM »
OKAY OKAY now......all is well ;D, Jack will be back in a few days and it will all be over.

Dundee Mad I read the comments and at the start I think it id appear that you were a bit too zealous in making your point but you recovered well to state your case clearly. I am proud of how fiercely defensive our posters are of any perceived attack on players, country etc.

Constructive criticisms, congratulations, adulations, comments jokes, piccong etc are always welcome on the site created by two genuises with foresight (Tallman and Flex) to celebrate our love for the beautiful game.

We are all about love in T&T....no hating so lets all shake hands a make up I'm sure the Scotsman meant no harm neither did our posters mean any harm with using certain types of language to describe your posts. Its a lovely time in T&T now everybody jus smiling and going on like we in heaven already.....all is forgiven, all is forgotten and like de Prime Minister said two days ago - football has united the country in a way no politician has ever done....

Leh we keep it suh fellas....one love ;D

Go SocaWarriors

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2005, 10:07:33 AM »
So still...up to now...has ANYBODY heard Kelvin Jack's side of the story? 

Allyuh could say whay you want, I will wait until I hear his side before condemning him.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2005, 10:31:37 AM »
Guys I'm sorry that some feel as they do in their posts above.

I'll clear a little of these points up, in no particular order.

Firstly, I'd like to wholeheartedly congratulate Trinidad and Tobago again on qualifying for the World Cup. Its a fantastic achievement. I came home from work early to watch the Bahrain game on the telly and to cheer TnT on, simply because of Kelvin and Brent.

My name Dundee Mad on here, means I'm mad about Dundee not angry with anyone. A sign of this madness is that I have already made arrangements to be at the World Cup where I will be supporting TnT, again because of Kelvin and Brent. It is also the same name I used immediately after the Bahrain match to come on and congratulate the big man.

Yes I am less than impressed with Kelvins professionalism. Soutar is injured and he would have another chance to establish himself in the team. Surely with a World Cup just 7 months away he'd want to be playing first team football??
As yesterday wore on and I mellowed a little I ended up thinking the correct thing all round would have been for the Dundee mgt team to actually tell him to go home and enjoy himself without worry, a point I raised on our own website, strangely called www.dundee-mad.co.uk !!!
After seeing the lovely ladies I wouldn't blame him if he stayed put for good.

A quick bit of background on Dundee FC is that we are penniless and in the lower league. We need to return to the top league in one season or our club may not exist. That is why the fans are desperate for the players, not just Kelvin, to show some committment. We have had to dig deep ourselves just to pay their wages. Kelvin kept his job when others were made redundant through cost cutting. We lost Brent Sancho to Gillingham becasue we couldn't afford to offer him a new deal.

Now those are all footballing issues.

What I now have to answer is the ridiculous (and in my opinion racist) comments about colonialism and the like. Load of crap. The complete ignorance of saying that the English based players are flying home late Friday or early Saturday is unbelievable. Scotland is not in England. Never has been and never will be.
I never came on this site to "rant and rail". I never came on to be colonial. I came on to say well done. I came on out of respect, after all my own country hasn't qualified for the World Cup since 1998 in France.
I even tried to end the arguement by saying I understood why he'd want to come home after seeing the gorgeous girls waiting at the airport. I'm not sure but I don't imagine colonial racist types saying those kind of things or hoping to stand side by side in red at Germany.

I'm sorry if people here don't want to see what I'm saying but Kelvin has a degree of professional responsibility which he chose to ignore. His club, my club, need to win today. I can't imagine anyone believing that flying from Trinidad to England , then catching another flight to the north of Scotland, arriving about 90 minutes before kick off, having not trained with his teammates in 10 days is in any way an ideal situation.

The irony of it all is that he may make it in time, come out for a long ball, miss it and not have Marvin Andrews behind him to save the day. Thats football though.

I've said my piece, some agree some disagree, thats what these boards are all about. I'd be pleased if the guys who ranted about colonialism rubbish could maybe just say they see I'm not like that at all.

Well done again to TnT on qualifying. I really never thought I'd see that happen when they lost 1-0 in the US and Kelvin made save after save to avoid an embarressment. Have a great time in Germany, I've been to 2 World Cups and they really are amazing occassions. I may pop on from time to time if I'm still welcome and you're all more than welcome to visit us at www.dundee-mad.co.uk or to contact me direct at dundeemad@ntlworld.com

Good Luck.

Respect, Dundee Mad.  I'll say it again: If Jack was supposed to return home, then he should have.  I understand the euphoria that's flowing right now, but that is his job.  Welcome to the site, and I'll be a man and let reason prevail over emotion and say I'm sorry for reacting in that manner.  It's just that sometimes the managers of our players clubs give our team no respect, sometimes not even wanting our players to return home for legitimate internationals like the Concacaf GOld CUp, which is equivalent to the European Championship.  But hey, as I said, it's love on this site.  Welcome, and we appreciate the support you guys in the UK are giving us.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 10:33:26 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »
I can understand Jack being labeled as unprofessional by the Dundee supporters, but I thought Jack had lost his starting spot prior to leaving for these last playoff games.  It is a funny situation when the supporters want to see certain players on the field and management goes with different line-ups.

All the best to Dundee and Jack will regain his spot in the starting eleven.  If not, after the World Cup he should get an invite from some other clubs!!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2005, 02:26:08 PM »
damn dundee mad i see yuh idolize sancho i guess he left a good impression in dundee i like that tho

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2005, 02:50:39 PM »
damn dundee mad i see yuh idolize sancho i guess he left a good impression in dundee i like that tho

Brent would have run through a brick wall for the jersey. Never gave up and never let us down.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2005, 03:01:37 PM »
yea man he is good player i always liked him since he made his debut for trinidad he was playin his ass off i wish beenie start him tho but hey thats the coach that got us to the world cup so i respect his decision

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2005, 03:18:22 PM »

Brent would have run through a brick wall for the jersey. Never gave up and never let us down.

Dundee...what are your thoughts on Collin Samuel?  I know he plays for your mortal enemies but do you think he has what it takes to make an impact with United?  Think he would be an asset for the Soca Warriors based on what you have seen?  What about Jason Scotland (another ex dundee utd player) ?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2005, 12:59:26 AM »
Frpm what I've seen Jason Scotland would offer more than Collin Samuel but neither are very consistent. Scotland seems to play his best in short spells, usually as a late substitute where his pace and skills can be put to use against tired defenders. He has a few tricks in his bag that look good when they come off.

Collin Samuel has never really impressed over a long period although started well at Falkirk. At Utd he has been in and out of the team, never really getting a good run till this season. Again inconsistency seems to be a major issue. He can't be described as a promising youngster any more (think he's about 24) and its time for him to be doing it on a regular basis.

If I had to pick one of the pair to go to Germany at this stage i'd take Scotland as he can change a game in a very short period of time, in fact I'd have used him for the last 15-20 mins against Bahrain. He'd have looked a world beater against that defence.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2005, 01:09:03 AM »
Aye allyuh did Kelvin make any comments on de happenings at Dundee yet?
I really curious to hear what he hafta say.  If anyone has any links....be nice and share.
I ain't making no comments until ah hear de other side of this 3 day story.

As de wisest man (de barman) say: it always have 3 sides to ah story. de beginning, de end, and what people say

cheers :beermug:

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2005, 01:15:07 AM »
Aye allyuh did Kelvin make any comments on de happenings at Dundee yet?
I really curious to hear what he hafta say.  If anyone has any links....be nice and share.
I ain't making no comments until ah hear de other side of this 3 day story.

As de wisest man (de barman) say: it always have 3 sides to ah story. de beginning, de end, and what people say

cheers :beermug:

No mate he's not said anyhting yet, because he never made it back yet! Yesterday we played with a 17yr old kid in goal and no substitute keeper on the bench.

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2005, 07:49:55 AM »
I understand your frustration but I am sure a stern warning is all that is needed. He doesnt need to be let go. The man obviously had a reason for returning to Trinidad and I am sure it is not a simple as Oh he wanted to party. so jes relax and coming Trini for a lil drink.
Everyone made bad choices at least once or twice in their career, life etc, that do not means they are unprofessional.

Jack go back to youu team next time eh babes...
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2005, 12:32:23 PM »
Came on here to congratulate Kelvin after the great win in Bahrain. Now we find Kelvin preferred to go home and party rather than return and play for Dundee in an important game this weekend!! Totally unprofessional and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

The other TnT players who needed to return to their clubs did so (like Dwight). Where is Kelvins honour??

The lack of professionalism might yet see him miss out on Germany and I hope for his sake he knows what he's done.

NO DISRESPECT BUT HE CYAH MISS OUT ON GERMANY BECAUSE HE PLAYING WITH TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AND NOT SCOTLAND.
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2005, 12:48:55 PM »
rastafari,
   I never thought that Dundee would stert pongin' again. Rastafari, Thank you for putting things in the proper perspective. It was Jack's choice. Dundee has the right to do whatever they want to him. But threats doesn't change what Jack thought his priority was at the time. Paying his wages doesn't prevent him from going to Germany. Jack can handle the consequences and Dundee will have to handle the consequences if they overdo the intimidation. That's their gamble. Yuh eh see what happen to Scally when he decided to threaten Sancho with being fired? Scally got fired and Sancho is de hero. They love Sancho at Gillingham because they know Sancho loves Country AND club. I fully understand Dundee is desperate. That's because the manager didn't build his team properly to avoid a do or die syndrome over one player. It's not Lawrence's fault that you are desperate. Anyway, relax. Jack is going to help you get back on your feet as he is very loyal. So Dundee relax and do geh so hyper.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2005, 12:49:56 PM »
Came on here to congratulate Kelvin after the great win in Bahrain. Now we find Kelvin preferred to go home and party rather than return and play for Dundee in an important game this weekend!! Totally unprofessional and leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

The other TnT players who needed to return to their clubs did so (like Dwight). Where is Kelvins honour??

The lack of professionalism might yet see him miss out on Germany and I hope for his sake he knows what he's done.

NO DISRESPECT BUT HE CYAH MISS OUT ON GERMANY BECAUSE HE PLAYING WITH TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AND NOT SCOTLAND.
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI.

nah..de point is that if he not playing for his club, he will probably get dropped from his starting spot in the national team. when the WC comes around the players who playing regularly have a better chance of seeing the most action

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2005, 01:07:17 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI.

nah..de point is that if he not playing for his club, he will probably get dropped from his starting spot in the national team. when the WC comes around the players who playing regularly have a better chance of seeing the most action

FILHO BIG RESPECT TO THAT BUT HERE DIS NUH, DAH MAN DOIN LIKE IF HE COULD PICK DE SIDE FUH DE WORLD CUP AN AH DOH LIKE DAT.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2005, 01:18:22 PM »

FILHO BIG RESPECT TO THAT BUT HERE DIS NUH, DAH MAN DOIN LIKE IF HE COULD PICK DE SIDE FUH DE WORLD CUP AN AH DOH LIKE DAT.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI.

respect ras...dundee mad done come clean though. he apologize and move cool since den. so lewwe ease him up.

bless padnah. Jack is a hero and he made his decision to share his joy with his people. whatever happen in Dundee...I hope the fans and administration have some understanding. dis was our time

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2005, 02:03:26 PM »
What I was trying to say there guys was that Kelvin had a great chance to grab the gloves and make them his own for the season.

It cannot do his chances any good to be playing reserve football surely?

And from TnT's point of view I'd be very surprised if Beenie throws him in against the Brazils or Argentina's of the world when his preparation has been Scottish 1st Division reserve football in front of 3 men and a doag.

Shaka Hislop played for West Ham aginst Spurs today in the English Premiership, I believe the only TnT player who is now playing in that league? Shaka now staking his claim to the TnT gloves?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2005, 02:05:18 PM »
What I was trying to say there guys was that Kelvin had a great chance to grab the gloves and make them his own for the season.

It cannot do his chances any good to be playing reserve football surely?

And from TnT's point of view I'd be very surprised if Beenie throws him in against the Brazils or Argentina's of the world when his preparation has been Scottish 1st Division reserve football in front of 3 men and a doag.

Shaka Hislop played for West Ham aginst Spurs today in the English Premiership, I believe the only TnT player who is now playing in that league? Shaka now staking his claim to the TnT gloves?

Not with that bonehead goal he let in!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2005, 03:01:38 PM »
And BTW Jack,
   Watch yer back in dis place as dey eh eating easy dread. Ride yuh like a horse and occasionally refer to you with the following....(Taken from Dundee message board). None of the replies to this asked for a change of language or retraction). Sad day, but that's life. Its important for trinis to see this but not let it get to you up there in the cold winter as somebody might on the other hand be very kind to you.

Post New Topic  |  LOGIN / Register  |  Customise View  |  Return to Top of Board 

Posted by Buddah on 21 Nov 12:59  Complain | Prev | Next | Reply 
Kelvin Jack ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gie him a longer contract...that'll teach the chunt!  
[IP address logged]   

Kelvin Jack  Buddah  21 Nov 12:59
re: Kelvin Jack  Dufc4uefa  21 Nov 17:51
re: Kelvin Jack  CC33chip  21 Nov 13:02
re: re: Kelvin Jack  Buddah  21 Nov 13:04
re: re: re: Kelvin Jack  CC33chip  21 Nov 13:06
re: re: re: re: Kelvin Jack  Buddah  21 Nov 13:07
re: re: re: re: re: Kelvin Jack  CC33chip  21 Nov 13:08
re: re: re: re: re: re: Kelvin Jack  Buddah  21 Nov 13:10

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
 Still Trini have nuff love in dey heart. Wait till you see us in Germany ;)

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2005, 03:13:33 PM »
You misunderstand my friend. Buddah is a Dundee Utd fan (our biggest rivals) who thinks Kelvin should be punished by giving him a longer contract with Dundee, thus punishing him!!!!!

The Dundee accent and meaning is as hard to follow as the Trini speak found on here!!

I could send you a link to an online Dundonian dictionary to help!!

Believe me no disrespect is intended in that thread, its just the way the guys talk.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2005, 03:16:28 PM »
I hope you are right in the interpretation

Offline Dundee Mad

• New Warrior
  • Dee4Life and Beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »
Deffo right mate. I know Buddah well.

Most people in  Scotland don't even understand what Dundonians mean!!

Anyway, here's a link if you want to learn. Or even just laugh at us.

http://members.aol.com/dinnaastme/page5.htm

Also so you know we can love too:-

http://www.dundee-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDZ2&id=252036
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 03:25:56 PM by Dundee Mad »

1]; } ?>