April 19, 2024, 12:54:18 AM

Author Topic: An idea to help football development in tnt  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
An idea to help football development in tnt
« on: November 18, 2005, 04:47:15 PM »
What do u guys think about this, what if we had a draft that links the ssfl(secondary school football league) to the pfl.

1)players can only enter the draft after they have completed atleast form 5

2)The Draft will take place about 2months after the end of each ssfl  season

3)Have five rounds in the draft so in other words each team could get 5 players at most out of the draft

4)Each pfl team will draw 5 times to see what position they get to pick in each round of the draft

example lets say northeast stars draw number 1 in the first round and number 4 in the second round  they have the first pick in the first round of the draft i.e. they get to pick there  player befor all the other teams in round one and in the second round they will be the fourth team to pick a player

NB..**teams should be allowed to trade picking postitions how ever they choose**

i think by doing this we can keep track of our local talent and at the same time get some of the supporters of the ssfl players to come to pfl games

Obviously alot of the ssfl players wouldnt make the first team of the pfl clubs right away but atleast we will be starting a real feeder program.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: An idea to help football development in tnt
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »
Why complicate a simple thing with that american system?

Let the players play for the clubs that they want to play for. NE stars don't have Jabloteh money so if Jabloteh want a player he should have the freedom to go there.

Plus waht happens when a youthman get draft to play in Tobago who paying he transport, for a youth team to boot.

Also PFL clubs should not really be looking at SSFL for their main players. Many SSFL men will go to University on schol.

The PFL should have the bulk of their players lined up from U-12 and have them move through the ranks, bringing in one or two new players each year as their scouts find them. That is how the big clubs do it.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 05:04:27 PM »
i understand that but the majority of players from ssfl do not go abroad to play alot of the good ones stay back in trinidad. But yes i understand what u mean with players not wanting to play for certain teams and the case with transport an all that...In that case we should let teams invite players that they r interested in to come an talk with representatives of the team about the teams goals for the future and from there let each player send in something to the pfl saying the top4 teams or so they would play for.. im just throwing out ideas here eh so bear with me lolol.... an actually im not really worried about players not wanting to play for certain teams bcuz i kno alot of players will be smart enough to realise that there chances of getting playing time at jabloteh or w connection is reeeel tough so that in itself may encourage some of the players to go to smaller clubs to gain experience...In the case of tobago for now i guess let tobago draft tobago players unless a they can work out the trasportation an living expenses..
thanx for ur opinion tho i was just sharing a thought

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 06:37:15 PM »
An "official draft" is not necessary.
If PFL teams scout the SSFL, they can approach prospects.

If a man dont want to play with a certain team he can always turn down any offers.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 06:59:36 PM »
My two cents here.

For starters.....................

1  If at all possible...retain Don Leo for the next four years.  The program must not stop at the end of world cup next year.  Invest in the youth by giving guidance...training...motivation to excel at the highest level.

2  Standardize national coaching methods from giants (age 14) to full national team.

3  Establish coaching courses for all coaches...especially for 30 and under aspiring coaches with a focus on minor leagues and villages.  Dem older fellahs already have dey own ideas!

4  In the spirit of "best village" let the villages produce teams to compete in a once in a year national tournament.

5  Finally....
    (a) make football..cricket...athletics...an integral part of the primary school curriculum so that when students reach the secondary school level....students will be somewhat prepared to join the "giants."

(b) Like English and Math...make diet and nutrition a compulsory subject to be taken at the primary school level.  Teach children the downside of alcohol and drugs on the human body.

Luv U T&T

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 10:27:02 AM »
I would hope that with qualifying, we will find more support for the women's team and the youth teams, so I guess there is that extra pressure on them (and also extra encouragement; and that they are given the extra resources by private sector/gov't) to train harder and do better at every level.
I don't thikn a nation nowadays acan say that they are a top nation in football, if their women's team is boo, or if their youth teams don't perform.
well I guess my coment wasn't really an idea, but a hope that we give all the teams more support and help them reach further.

1]; } ?>