April 27, 2024, 05:14:18 PM

Author Topic: Yorke shuns World Cup party  (Read 5283 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke shuns World Cup party
« on: November 17, 2005, 02:01:55 PM »
Yorke shuns W/Cup party

EHero shuns party for date with Sydney

WORLD Cup hero Dwight Yorke has turned down the rum cocktails of the biggest party his home nation Trinidad and Tobago has ever had to haul himself back to Sydney for the bread-and-butter of the next A-League round.
Yorke set up the winning goal with his corner kick as Trinidad beat Bahrain 1-0 away to become the least-populated nation to qualify for the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

Trinidad's Prime Minister Patrick Manning offered to fly the captain home to help the country celebrate its maiden World Cup berth in style.

But a Sydney FC spokesman confirmed that Yorke had declined and was on his way back to Australia. His prompt return means Sydney FC coach Pierre Littbarski will be able to unleash the most decorated international strikeforce in Australian club soccer history during Saturday's crunch clash with Perth Glory.

Former Manchester United star Yorke and Japanese great Kazuyoshi "Kazu" Miura will both appear for the league leader at Aussie Stadium.

Together, they have played in more than 100 internationals and have won everything from European club titles to Asian player of the year awards. While Littbarski stressed Yorke would not play a full game, the coach hinted both he and Miura could start against an in-form Glory.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke shuns W/Cup party
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 02:06:50 PM »
The man have commitments to his team just like birchy, dog, latas and who ever else didnt come home.

They go party when they here for christmas doh worry.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 02:09:34 PM »
Yorke showS real maturity and class..........
He knows what he is about.....
Dwight Yorke is a true leader and football BOSS

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 02:30:50 PM »
Man see enough trouble w/ lime before work etc.... maturity .... age bring reason.....  :chilling:

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 02:31:25 PM »
alyuh remember the days when yorke rather party than play? look how tables turn boy....that is what life is about...learning from your mistakes!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 02:44:43 PM »
Age does really bring reason yes.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 02:45:18 PM »
OH GORM DOH SAY HE SHUN THE TING NAH. THAT GIVING A NEGATIVE PICTURE

He is a professional and like all his other teammates have to go back to work as they say.

They will have ample time to party!!

ANOTHER WAGGONIST STATEMENT!!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 02:48:12 PM »
Age does really bring reason yes.

ent horse
all now so 5 years ago  he would ah be fuss off the place
it would ah be he taking pic with them Carib gyal with ah carib in hand

and he in Zen partying with that jokey dance he does be doing in them party with ah cyap on he head smiling at nothing as usual

what doh meet yuh eh pass yuh yes
I have seen it all 

Més que un club.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 02:54:10 PM »
that's the man bread and butter so ah doh blame him it have plenty a time to celebrate besides it shows that he is also commited to his club i like that

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 02:55:21 PM »
OK let's not fool ourselves..........Yorke will be partyin' very hard in Australia...........with plenty Aussie women, and a similar atmosphere as Australia just qualified for the WC as well.........

the man just killin two birds with one stone.........

GO WARRIORS !!!!!!!!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Happiness

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 02:55:36 PM »
De boy ain't shun nothing he had to honour is commitment and contract GO WARRIORS!!!!!! Doh worry dem fellas alll right!!!

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 04:09:32 PM »
Boy...how it go look if he coach see him on TV with them 2 gyal and a beer in he hand???

He doh want a repeat of Man U. Them fellas set him up nice down under, cyah kill dat.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 04:12:24 PM »
Real proud of Yorke with this one.

The man looking to win a WC, qualification is a small thing.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 05:21:16 PM »
 This is a great sign....Go T&T

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 06:17:51 PM »
Boi ah eh go lie, every day go by Yorke make meh feel more and more proud of him leading our national team. Women, liquor and party, a few years ago dat man would not miss something like dat. Whether he go party in Australia or not, he did not have tuh miss de parade, he cud ah gone tuh de parade and still party in Australia, beacause he living dey. BIG, BIG RESPECT TUH YUH YORKE. Stay focus my youth.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 06:24:40 PM »
that's the man bread and butter so ah doh blame him it have plenty a time to celebrate besides it shows that he is also commited to his club i like that

Yeh breds, Dwight showing true true professional form...dat is how to do it...go in, break down the place and move back tuh yuh wuk...ah hope all ah dem Trinis who like tuh brakes wuk will learn from the Captain...God bless dat boy, yuh hear.

Offline watch de ride

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 09:15:57 PM »
Whey Lara?

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 09:22:33 PM »
Whey Lara?

ah wondering that too now that yuh bring it up ???  really whey Lara in trute?  ah have a feelin that he down under right now yuh know ::)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2005, 09:25:04 PM »
De boy grow up nice eh?? ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2005, 09:27:41 PM »
Whey Lara?

ah wondering that too now that yuh bring it up ???  really whey Lara in trute?  ah have a feelin that he down under right now yuh know ::)

West Indies playing Australia as we speak.
So yuh know when them 2 hook up is bacchanal.

Free drunk white women for everybody

Més que un club.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2005, 09:55:29 PM »
I have to give the man the benfit of the doubt on this one. I think he learn from Man U. The man reformed. He play harder than I could remeber. So continuing with his reformation and maturity as all yuh say he gone to wuk. Men home need to take notice and do some work Friday.  :devil:

I agree thought that Lara being in Australia make that decision easier.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2005, 10:04:01 PM »
Whey Lara?

I was waiting for the smart men to show up!!!

Why you think Lara only make 13 yesterday?
He hadda go pick up he padna in the airport!!!!

Allyuh think dem men dotish ..... Wha yuh see Australia qualify - Lara is a God, Dwight is a God ... and both ah dem is playboys - and part of Dwight contract was membership in one of the most exclusive clubs in Sydney .... allyuh think dem men wasn't celebrating last nite?

Lara reach the peak of his game .... now is time for he boy Yorke to do the same.

However, doh get tie up on Lara though .... that man can't live if he being overshadowed competitively.
Watch his buss up Australia for one of his best knocks ever ... say buh-bye to playing downunder ... and also eclipse Border total for Most Test Runs ever.

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 10:29:28 PM »
Whey Lara?

West Indies playing Australia as we speak.
So yuh know when them 2 hook up is bacchanal.

Free drunk white women for everybody

Buh Disgruntled u eh easy. How u know dais de case?

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2005, 10:35:24 PM »
How easy all yuh think it is too fly from Bahrain to Trin, take a wine back on a sketel and then jump on a plane to head back to Austrailia.  Flying one way to England alone is hard, think about Yorke would have to go thru for a Party.

Yorke has matured but he also does not need any more frequent flyer miles!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline SydneyFC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Sydney FC Unofficial
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 10:52:53 PM »
I can't wait to give Yorke a big cheer on Saturday!  ;D 8)

You guys should be slightly worried about him though. The A-League finishes in March and does not resume until about August next year. That is a BIG break for him. I am not sure what the Australian football federation has in mind to keep players fit and in form over the pre-season break.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 10:58:39 PM »

You guys should be slightly worried about him though. The A-League finishes in March and does not resume until about August next year. That is a BIG break for him. I am not sure what the Australian football federation has in mind to keep players fit and in form over the pre-season break.

Sydney ... don't worry about Dwight - Nobody works harder than Dwight to stay fit - he's always been the fittest player at his club - even if he was struggling to break the first team.
The consumate professional he is ... even though he parties non-stop and can never stay out of the limelight - he makes sure that he's dedicated 115% (Vat included) to the team, and to his body.
His fitness is part of his job.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 11:00:07 PM »
SydeneyFC, sorry to be the one to say this but don't be surprise if yuh see Yorke back in England.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 11:06:43 PM »

hmmm
Good point
Could be an opportunity to have him home for an extended period of time training our younger players.
Sydney FC should have a training camp in Tobago during that time....come look at some of our players...maybe play some warm up games against our club teams.
I wonder if the Press will talk much about Dwight and some of his Aussie teammates going to the Cup....Australia vs. T&T in a warmup....wha yuh say    ;)

Offline SydneyFC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Sydney FC Unofficial
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 11:11:29 PM »
Could be an opportunity to have him home for an extended period of time training our younger players.
Sydney FC should have a training camp in Tobago during that time....come look at some of our players...maybe play some warm up games against our club teams.
I wonder if the Press will talk much about Dwight and some of his Aussie teammates going to the Cup....Australia vs. T&T in a warmup....wha yuh say    ;)

This was the big story on the main local football page in the top Sydney paper today: http://www.smh.com.au/news/football/dwights-going-to-germany-too/2005/11/17/1132016928545.html

However, be aware that nearly ALL of the rest of the paper was devoted to Australia's qualification.  8)

An Australia v T&T warm up match might be a good idea... if I can get into earshot range of Dwight I will  "encourage" him to do that!  :rotfl:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 12:45:14 AM »

Buh Disgruntled u eh easy. How u know dais de case?

horse
you forget ah couple years ago the Spice Girls wanted to rape Lara and Yorke was making Blues
and now both ah tem meet up in ah place that know and love cricket and jes qualify for WC

oh lord
ah sorry for man gyal this weekend down under

Més que un club.

1]; } ?>