April 26, 2024, 06:35:18 AM

Author Topic: KMC signs lucative recording deal  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
KMC signs lucative recording deal
« on: April 09, 2005, 12:14:24 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=71389503

KMC signs lucrative US recording deal
Wayne Bowman

Saturday, April 9th 2005

KMC (centre) stands with Patrick Moxey, President of Ultra Records (left) and Jean Michel Gibert after he (KMC) signed a four-album deal with the label, which is based in New York at Rituals office in Port of Spain on Tuesday

Local soca artiste KMC has signed to a lucrative recording and distribution deal with a major independent recording label based in New York. The man who this year enjoyed tremendous success with his hit singles "Soul On Fire" and "First Experience," was signed to a four-CD deal with Ultra Records on Tuesday.

The label will in June this year release the original mix of "Soul On Fire" in the United States as well as in Britain. President of Ultra Records, Patrick Moxey, explained that there will also be four remixes produced and released throughout the States, Britain and across Europe. He further explained that another single will follow shortly after and that the first CD collection is expected to be released before year's end. KMC is in fact already working on that CD and spent the last weekend in studios across Jamaica, building rhythm tracks for songs to be featured on the collection. KMC said he intends to produce most of that debut CD here at home because this is where the, "real vibe for my music is."

He is, however, going to incorporate a few Jamaican dancehall rhythms to create an international urban flavour. "I will also ride on a couple of Jamaican rhythms, but I will mostly be building my own rhythms," KMC said.

Moxey was introduced to KMC's music when he met Jean Michel Gibert at the annual MIDEM Music Convention in France earlier this year.

French-born Gibert is the founder of the Rituals Music Company and has been living here for the past 20 years. He has assisted several local artistes in being established on the international market and was impressed enough with KMC's work over the past seven years or so to take copies of the artiste's CDs with him to MIDEM. Moxey said he was blown away by what he heard and decided to come to Trinidad and sign KMC right away.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline micheal riddim

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: KMC signs lucative recording deal
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 10:04:57 AM »
Congrats to KMC, however I initially thought that Universal Records was interested instead, Ultra Records? Can't really say I've heard of them at all, they are a new label in New York, I wonder what Artists they have produced before.Well I hope things go good for KMC, he needs to come with more good music, the rag thing needs to end in order for him to get international recognition. I'm surprised about the Universal deal though, maybe Ultra Records is an affiliate label, just like Boom Tunes is an affiliate of Atlantic Records. I wonder if Machel will continue to go unsigned or he will sign eventually with a label, I really wonder where his focus is at times, it alludes me where he is trying to take his music.

1]; } ?>