March 28, 2024, 07:57:01 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker gave us belief, says Jack  (Read 1840 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker gave us belief, says Jack
« on: November 17, 2005, 04:49:25 PM »
Beenhakker gave us belief, says Jack
17 November 2005
by FIFAworldcup.com

As the minutes counted down on Trinidad and Tobago's quest for a place at their first-ever FIFA World Cupâ„¢, goalkeeper Kelvin Jack was the centre of attention as Bahrain made every effort to resurrect their own hopes of appearing in Germany next year.
First Bahrain striker Hussain Ali Baba dispossessed the goalkeeper while he was taking a goal-kick, slipping the ball into the net only to be penalised for the offence. Then the Dundee-based keeper flung himself high to his left to make a stunning stop in the dying seconds that preserved his team’s 2-1 aggregate lead. The final whistle blew moments later and T&T began celebrating what Jack considers "an unbelievable achievement" and one for which much of the credit must go to their coach Leo Beenhakker.

FIFAworldcup.com: That was a fantastic save right at the end.
Kevin Jack: It was just one of those things, it is the reward for all the hard work and one of those things you work on in training. It just happened to happen in this game. God was with me, to be honest, so we are going to the World Cup!

What does qualifying for the FIFA World Cup mean to Trinidad and Tobago?
It's an unbelievable achievement for a country our size. A lot of players never, ever qualify for the World Cup, that's the reality of it. To have the chance to play in the World Cup and to get the chance to experience that happiness, then sometimes you have to take it.

Enlarge Photo
Photo Gallery
How much of the credit for this achievement do you give to your coach Leo Beenhakker?
I can't give enough credit to Leo Beenhakker. He has brought a level of professionalism and a level of belief, actually. He gave us that belief that we could compete at this level, that we could compete with the likes of Mexico and the US and the rest of the group. I think Trinidad have got better as the campaign has gone by.
What exactly did Beenhakker change to get such good results?
He changed the mind-set of the players and psychologically he made us believe that we can be a better team and all of the players took that on board and were able to produce that on the pitch. Not every game we did well but he brought that fighting spirit, that tactical awareness and that self-belief that we could do this.

What do you think will be knock-on effects for the game in Trinidad now that you have qualified for the World Cup?
It's only going to be positive. There are a lot of good footballers in Trinidad and because of where in the world we are situated it's difficult sometimes for Trinidadians to get a break in Europe, so hopefully this World Cup qualification will be a showcase for us and will open the door for many more Trinidadians.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker gave us belief, says Jack
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:58:19 PM »
beenie is a inspiration and very good coach

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 05:00:57 PM »
I had serious doubts about jack..still do...but he has improved a lot during the campaign...that was a big save he pull off late in the game...i thought Bahrain buss ah Birchall on we....However Jack needs to improve on coming off his line..that piece of sh*t he did in the 1st half does cause heart attack.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 05:06:49 PM »
 From the time I hear he coach Real Madrid and was successful I know he could have taken our Group of Talented Players and turn them into a TEAM....Go T&T

Offline canadiantrini

• togeter we aspire. together we achieve
  • Jr. Warrior
  • T+T=victory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 05:08:50 PM »
ya. dat nearly killed me in the first half.  but he wil have 7 months to keep gettin betta and betta. he can only improve from ere.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 05:59:16 PM »
Jack nearly give we ah "sun was in meh eye" scare.  But he redeemed himself.  He's getting better.  Ah wonder if Mr. Tony Warner will try to get ah look before Germany.

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 06:45:04 PM »
To be honest, I still like Shaka as my #1, but Beenie show he is pure class by sticking with jack, just as he stuck with Stern and gort results.

ONWARD TO GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Kelvin Jack sends prasies to bennie!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 11:53:21 PM »
Keeper Jack praises coach Beenhakker

ZURICH

Saturday, November 19th 2005

Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Kelvin Jack has become the latest player to heap praise on coach Leo Beenhakker after he led the country to a place in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

"I can't give enough credit to Leo Beenhakker. He has brought a level of professionalism and a level of belief, actually," Jack, who plays professionally for Dundee in the Scottish Premiership, told the FIFA website.

"He gave us that belief that we could compete at this level, that we could compete with the likes of Mexico and the US and the rest of the group. I think Trinidad have got better as the campaign has gone by."

Beenhakker, a Dutch national who has coached his country Holland, Real Madrid and Ajax, took over from Bertille St Clair after T&T went winless in their first three matches of the CONCACAF World Cup qualifying final round.

The team had been beaten 2-1 by the United States in their opening game, drubbed 5-1 by Guatemala and then held to a 0-0 draw by Costa Rica.

In his first game in charge, T&T beat Panama 2-0 and then earned a 3-2 victory over Guatemala, a 1-0 win over Panama and a shock 2-1 verdict over Mexico to finish fourth in the standings and reach the playoff against Bahrain.

"He changed the mind-set of the players and psychologically he made us believe that we can be a better team and all of the players took that on board and were able to produce that on the pitch," Jack explained.

"Not every game we did well but he brought that fighting spirit, that tactical awareness and that self-belief that we could do this."

He added: "It was just one of those things, it is the reward for all the hard work and one of those things you work on in training.

"It just happened to happen in this game. God was with me, to be honest, so we are going to the World Cup!"

T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin Jack sends prasies to bennie!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 12:12:31 AM »
Big up to Jack!!!! ... still believe Shaka is de man for de goal but dat's what de coach is for... then de end justify de means...  :chilling:

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 12:27:32 AM »
Holland, Real Madrid, Ajax and Trinidad & Tobago

Rene Simoes can't even touch that resume!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 07:59:02 AM »
Holland, Real Madrid, Ajax and Trinidad & Tobago

Rene Simoes can't even touch that resume!!!

Doh forget we are de 3rd team he has gotten to the World Cup. He has also coached us to an unbeaten record at home. De man is a genius with an eye for diamonds in de rough.  :salute:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline LICKS4SO

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 09:03:37 AM »
jack ...good 4 U...yuh talking the truth

1]; } ?>