April 16, 2024, 05:14:25 PM

Author Topic: 2 days -2 GREAT CL games...  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2 days -2 GREAT CL games...
« on: March 09, 2005, 08:53:53 PM »
Yesterday it was Che and Barc..today.. Real Madrid and Juventus.. did you guys catch that match? Ah nevea know Ronaldo could run that fast.. great game today with Juve coming out eventual winners.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2 days -2 GREAT CL games...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 03:58:08 AM »
Blues deny Eto'o abuse claims
by Mark Kendall -  created on 9 Mar 2005

Chelsea have vehemently denied claims by Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o that he was racially abused by a steward after the Catalans' UEFA CHampions League exit at Stamford Bridge.
Several Barca players, including Ronaldinho and manager Frank Rijkaard, became embroiled in a scuffle on the touchline after the final whistle.
Eto'o insists he was on the end of a racially-motivated insult, and took a swipe at Blues boss Jose Mourinho who he felt helped create such a volatile atmosphere.
"A security guard told me that I was a monkey, but the disgraced one is him," stormed Eto'o.
"You only have to look at the face of the manager they have here."
However, Chelsea have hit back at the Cameroonian striker's allegations and released a statement dismissing any wrongdoing.
"Chelsea utterly refute any racist comments were made by any of its permanent or match-day staff," it read.
"Chelsea has an excellent record of supporting anti-racism campaigns and condemns all forms of racism."
Meanwhile, Eto'o went on to blast the performance of referee Pierluigi Collina who he claimed refused the visitors a clear second-half penalty, and did not spot a foul on goalkeeper Victor Valdes for Chelsea's fourth goal.
The striker felt a spot-kick should have been awarded when he was tackled by Ricardo Carvalho in the box although replays suggest the Portuguese stopper took the ball cleanly.
"Collina helped Chelsea," Eto'o continued. "Collina denied me a clear penalty and for the fourth goal they fouled Victor Valdes."
Eto'o was also left unimpressed by Chelsea's style of play and insists it would be bad for football if the West Londoners went on to lift the trophy.
"These things happen. Mourinho is a disgrace and in the end they stuck to their plan," he added.
"We were the only ones who wanted to play football. That Chelsea have progressed is a disaster for football.
"If that team wins the Champions League it would be a joke for this sport. With so much football and so many players, what they do is not football."
Hart for president

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 09:22:07 AM »
Jumbie papa i really enjoyed the games but not the results. For my money Barca should only blame themselves. Two give aways in crucial areas of the field and then Eto's miss. I also felt Ronaldinho should have done better with the header he was unchallenged. All said great game
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 03:52:57 PM »
For my money Barca should only blame themselves.

I agree totally. The first time I watched the game I came away feeling that Chelsea was lucky. It looked like carvalho did foul th ekeeper on terry's goal. After watching it again I admit Chelsea deserved their win only because Barca was very poor at the back and Cech was excellent.

Even so Eto'o had enough chances to put Chelsea out. I admire Barca going for it even when they were leading on away goals but their defending just wasn't up to it and I couldn't understand why they were defending so high up the pitch.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 11:49:14 AM »
For my money Barca should only blame themselves.

I agree totally. The first time I watched the game I came away feeling that Chelsea was lucky. It looked like carvalho did foul th ekeeper on terry's goal. After watching it again I admit Chelsea deserved their win only because Barca was very poor at the back and Cech was excellent.

Even so Eto'o had enough chances to put Chelsea out. I admire Barca going for it even when they were leading on away goals but their defending just wasn't up to it and I couldn't understand why they were defending so high up the pitch.

To be honest that is how they always play. It is one reason why they attack so much, shorter distance to goal once they win the ball. Its the Dutch way, very very very risky. Always nice to watch but speedy technical opposition will kill you.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>