March 29, 2024, 07:21:37 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips Meets with the Think-Tank  (Read 1998 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Lincoln Phillips Meets with the Think-Tank
« on: November 21, 2005, 08:49:13 AM »

My peaceful and quiet weekend with my family at our Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania home was interrupted by a scoop that the TD - Lincoln Phillips was in town in for a planning meeting in Columbia, Maryland, and I was invited to attend. My weekend's plan was quickly overhauled to accommodate this newly scheduled event. Lincoln was meeting with the brain-thrust behind the Goal 2014 Development Plan, a mission the TD established when he arrived in T&T to have every youth and senior national team qualify and successfully compete in every FIFA competition by the year 2014. This elite group included, but was not limited to: Dr. Trevor Leiba, Dr. Peter Keiller, Victor Gamaldo, Myron Garnes, Sheldon Phillips and Barry Henderson.

The meeting got underway at 11:00am and went until 4pm, with a presentation by Dr. Leiba entitled, "Organizational Sensemaking: Setting the tone". This was immediately followed by a vibrant discussion exploring the application of the main ideas from the presentation to the planning required to capture and sustain the positive direction for a successful World Cup 2006 appearance, especially in matters concerning communication and avoiding outside and internal conflicts/controversies that can interfere with the players' ability to perform.

The second presentation was made by the TD himself. Its focus was his Youth Football Development Programme - Goal 2014 which included a player identification system which he will collaborate with Leo Beenhakker. The recently completed 2004 - 2005 progress report was shown to the attendees. It catalogued the numerous achievements that he has made in Phase One of the implementation process. The future plans were also briefly outlined in the report.

I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of planning involved with great attention being paid to each detail. The future looks bright indeed!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 08:54:24 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips Meets with the Think-Tank
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:27:46 AM »
This is brilliant  :applause:
tell them it was me

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 09:38:58 AM »
Change is on the way.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 09:39:20 AM »

My peaceful and quiet weekend with my family at our Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania home was interrupted by a scoop that the TD - Lincoln Phillips was in town in for a planning meeting in Columbia, Maryland, and I was invited to attend. My weekend's plan was quickly overhauled to accommodate this newly scheduled event. Lincoln was meeting with the brain-thrust behind the Goal 2014 Development Plan, a mission the TD established when he arrived in T&T to have every youth and senior national team qualify and successfully compete in every FIFA competition by the year 2014. This elite group included, but was not limited to: Dr. Trevor Leiba, Dr. Peter Keiller, Victor Gamaldo, Myron Garnes, Sheldon Phillips and Barry Henderson.

The meeting got underway at 11:00am and went until 4pm, with a presentation by Dr. Leiba entitled, "Organizational Sensemaking: Setting the tone". This was immediately followed by a vibrant discussion exploring the application of the main ideas from the presentation to the planning required to capture and sustain the positive direction for a successful World Cup 2006 appearance, especially in matters concerning communication and avoiding outside and internal conflicts/controversies that can interfere with the players' ability to perform.

The second presentation was made by the TD himself. Its focus was his Youth Football Development Programme - Goal 2014 which included a player identification system which he will collaborate with Leo Beenhakker. The recently completed 2004 - 2005 progress report was shown to the attendees. It catalogued the numerous achievements that he has made in Phase One of the implementation process. The future plans were also briefly outlined in the report.

I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of planning involved with great attention being paid to each detail. The future looks bright indeed!

U livin in Pennsylvania now Doc?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 09:40:54 AM »
I'm a nomad ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 09:58:33 AM »
We needed this man to come back home a long time ago.  His name was always being mentioned as a possible coach, but he is even more valuable in his current positon, because he is setting us up to be successful for a long time to come.  He is teaching us how to fish, not giving us some fish.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »
Thank you so much doc for this post. You answered my post yesterday pleading for info on the master planner Lincoln. That's the mentality I like to see. Will be glad to here as much of this as possible. Meantime, somebody ress down a long term contract for Beenie please and forget the chinksing on de money. Coolo Breezo.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 11:59:37 AM »
thanks lincon :applause:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

tempo

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 05:30:06 PM »
Nice Doc. Thanks for the report. There will be some great opportunities to leave a lasting impact on TnT football. I like the Goal 2014 mission.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 07:15:17 PM »
sweet news dey doc.

Thanks for the email and pm too.

1]; } ?>