March 29, 2024, 05:11:21 AM

Poll

Has Beenhakker made a significant difference to  the Warriors' chances of qualification for WC 06?

Yes
38 (92.7%)
No
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Beenhakker is ah boss  (Read 10313 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker is ah boss
« on: September 04, 2005, 06:15:52 AM »
Leo Beenhakker has proven why he is such a big coach.  He is a shrewd tactician and I was very impressed with the changes he made.  I was a bit surprised by his subsitution of Whitley and Spann, but he knew what he was doing.  He kept faith in Stern while 75% of us were calling for Stern to be benched.  He made Kelvin Jack 0ur #1 keeper while most of us were calling for Ince, Hislop and even Tony Warner.

As of now, I can't question Leo's selections (even Cyd Gray..I am sure he had a plan there...just Cyd couldn't execute the plan).  So if Leo start Manning up front with Stern next game and have Panday and Max Richards on the bench, i will not argue....IT IS OBVIOUS LEO KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

Well done Leo!

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Has Beenhakker made a significant difference ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 10:58:54 AM »
Has Beenhakker made a significant difference to  the Warriors' chances of qualification for WC 06?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 11:10:30 AM by Tallman »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Poll
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 11:04:06 AM »
yuh asking answers!!  ;D

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Has Beenhakker made a significant difference ?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 11:20:17 AM »
of course now we are 2nd to last instead of being last  :devil:

big difference

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 11:38:58 AM »

big difference
You have made my day with this one.I really have to laugh. 

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 11:50:10 AM »

big difference

like KND give yuh some of he juice tuh drink??..lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »
Under BSC we had 2 home games and we got 1 point. Under Beenie we had 2 home games and got 6 points.  Dat is oversimplifying it, but it is enough for me to say Beenie doing a  better job.... significantly better.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 12:10:08 PM »
BSC home games vs USA and Crica
beenie home games-Panama and Guatemala

i ain't no guru but i would play pan and guat over usa Crica anyday if i want a win

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »
Coops you are welcome

seriously though BSC put we in a hole deeper can one can imagine-his fault? hell no
ttff-yes for 1st hiring then not firing tha man. worse case after US game shoulda been gone.
are we world beaters under beenie-heck no!!
are we playing good football -uh no
have we improved-yes but there was not much room to get worse.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 12:24:18 PM »
BSC home games vs USA and Crica
beenie home games-Panama and Guatemala

i ain't no guru but i would play pan and guat over usa Crica anyday if i want a win

Good point Football king

It's a tough question....haven't made my mind up yet. I think the more important question is: Do you think another coach have pulled us out the situation we were in under BSC, and have us in a better position than we are right now in the short space of time ?? (In other words, how much should Beenie be held accountable for in all fairness?)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 12:25:52 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 12:28:11 PM »
Under BSC we had 2 home games and we got 1 point. Under Beenie we had 2 home games and got 6 points. Dat is oversimplifying it, but it is enough for me to say Beenie doing a better job.... significantly better.

But playing Devil's advocate look at the teams we got those 6 points from, Guatemala and Panama.  Just glance at the standings and you'll see they are much weaker than Costa Rica and USA that we got the 1 point from under BSC.  So Beenie got 6 points from the 2 easiest games out of the 10 we have to play in the entire Hex.  And don't forget we were 5 mins away from losing to Guatemala at home and Beenie had the services of Latapy which BSC didn't have.  Could BSC have taken those same 6 points?  we'll never know

I would say that if you watch the team's performances before and after Beenie, the team has played better football than they did under BSC, but just haven't been able to convert chances into goals.
But then again I think back to those early home games against the USA and Costa Rica and realize that we had a very good chance to at least draw the USA and beat Costa Rica in those games if we had converted some chances (e.g. Tiger vs USA, Nigel Pierre vs Costa Rica)
And just looking at our 2 games against the USA, I realize that we played a much better game against the US under BSC than we did under Beenie (1 shot in 90 mins!) but of course the US is much stronger now than they were in February and we were playing away with 10 men for a half so it's impossible to compare.

I will say this, if Beenie was coaching we would NEVER have lost 5-1 away to Guatemala and that to me is a big difference, BUT we might still have lost 2-1 or something.
So far Beenie has won the 2 games we should have won and lost the 3 games we should have lost, on paper.
SO I think Beenie needs to get us some positive results besides the Panama and Guatemala home games before we can say he really improved our chances of qualifying significantly.  Panama away and Mexico home are the big tests for Beenie as those are 2 close games on paper that we could easily get 0 points from or we could get 6.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 12:40:33 PM »
kicker that hole ain't joke deep- we still climbing hopefully not too late.
if beenie do it that will be the coaching job of the century.  real madrid might have to bring him back after this one.

wha beenie do since he in charge give we 6 pts from pan and guat at home after latas come back  -we supposed to get that 6.

2-0 vs mexico-still a loss-0 pts
1-0 vs USA-still a loss-0 pts
on the road we still salting
so not a significant difference
does he have the players necessary ??????? :devil:  

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 12:42:21 PM »
This fella just looking for talk on de forum.  Boss, just look at the quality of play.  Just forget about the points; the quality of play is higher and our opponents have taken notice. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 12:45:57 PM »
boss the usa HAD  team together about 2 wks before the game while betille had TNT training from since novemeber playing all kinds of warm up game etc bertille was over looking silvo spann  ,samuel and scotland whitley was not wasting time with bsc. etc

but that game in trinidad bertille should have won hands down

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 12:48:45 PM »
Beenie blow BSC away hands down no doubt no comparison at all.

This fella just looking for talk on de forum.  Boss, just look at the quality of play.  Just forget about the points; the quality of play is higher and our opponents have taken notice. 
Sorry but i can't forget the pts- in sports i  want to win.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 01:51:23 PM by Tallman »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 12:53:54 PM »
If BSC was still there Cornell Glen would be in the squad and Cyd Gray would not

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 12:54:07 PM »
y'all really dunno nuttin if y'all have to ask whether beenie make a difference.
i thought y'all were football men.
Under BSC we would still have 1 pt right now
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 12:57:14 PM »

Coop's you saying the team not playing better football?

Or you saying it wasn't worth it?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »

Well the question is about whether or not he's increased our chances of qualification so yes you have to look at the points....(look at the question posed by the poll)

If the question were, "has he improved our standard of play", then you can forget the points....in the context of the poll you're ignoring the important statistic.

That being said, it is very possible to improve the quality of play significantly, and not necessarily improve your chances of qualification significantly........in other words, it's unfair to judge Beenie's merits strictly by how our position has changed in this WCQ campaign.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 01:13:23 PM by kicker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005, 01:15:41 PM »
T&T versus St Vincent.  Last game to get to the Hex.  Yes....that was the kind of game T&T played REGULARLY under BSC.  Just remember Gold Cup qualification.

By the way....look to the comments of the players if you want an answer to the question posted as the title of the thread.  They all make comments such as:

- The coach knows what he is doing

- We understand what we are being asked to do

- You can see a PLAN with respect to the drills & exercises we do in practice.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2005, 01:36:14 PM »
By the way....look to the comments of the players if you want an answer to the question posted as the title of the thread.  They all make comments such as:

All dat knowledge, understanding and planning and we still giving up sorf early goals and coming 5th in the Hex?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »
hey pts don't matter
5th place
but we playing better so all good.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2005, 02:12:41 PM »
hey pts don't matter
5th place
but we playing better so all good.  :beermug:

Hopefully soon to be 4th place..........drink to that  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2005, 02:19:23 PM »
kicker-that would be nice and  then maybe in the future we play good ball have a sweet productive youth system, pro league and no more scrambling hoping and all the drama.

one day

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005, 02:23:47 PM »
kicker-that would be nice and  then maybe in the future we play good ball have a sweet productive youth system, pro league and no more scrambling hoping and all the drama.

one day

would be a dream come true.................although a little drama makes the success sweeter.......

but with Trinidad iz more than drama, iz heart-attack.......After that Guatemala game alone, I needed triple bypass surgery........still keeping the faith....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005, 02:50:21 PM »

All dat knowledge, understanding and planning and we still giving up sorf early goals and coming 5th in the Hex?

No coach could transform the culture and attitude of a team overnight. The man has been in charge for less than 5 months.
What do you really expect in that time?
You expect him to turn a team that was languishing at the bottom of the table into a compact, world beating unit.
That is impossible. To see his results you have to look at things in relation to how they were in the past.
Are we compact?
No. But we definitely are more compact than before.
Are we world beaters?
At this point no. But we definitely look a lot more capable than we did before.
Beenie is organized and deliberate, and has the team moving in a certain direction.
Under BSC u could clearly see the players were disorganized and just seemed to be getting by on pure individual ability.
We now have something we didn't have before, a structure.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 02:56:39 PM by Marcos »
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2005, 03:01:04 PM »
wheres the poll response option for 'is this a dotish question'
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2005, 03:13:31 PM »

To arrow and football king

Under BSC....we would have been mathematically eliminated already.  That much I am sure about.

What were your expectations after a 0-2-1 start to the Hex with 2 games out of the 3 played at home?

Not sure if I truly understand where allyuh comin from.  

Allyuh sayin dat hirin Beenie was a waste of time?

If so, would BSC (or any other coach for that matter) have done a better or comparable job?

Is it that beenie was too expensive anyway and the money spent on him should have been spent elsewhere seein dat we eh makin WC anyway (accordin to alluyuh)?

What exactly is all de lyrics bout 5th in de Hex?

Isn't it better than the last place we came last Hex?

Aren't we already 3 points better than we earned all of last Hex with 2 games still to go, one of which is at home?

Forgive me if I'm wrong...maths was never my strong point...but are we still not in with a very good chance of getting 4th and going to a playoff for a WC spot?

What really is allyuh point?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 03:19:25 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 03:15:08 PM »
Men obviously arguing for the sake of it since everybody (barring one drunk man) in the poll agreed that Beenie has improved the team.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 05:31:41 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2005, 03:22:22 PM »
Men obviously arguing fo rthe sake of it since everybody (barring one drunk man) in the poll agreed that Beenie has improved the team.

There's no doubt that Beenie has improved the team.......and no one can argue sensibly in favor of Bertille over Beenie.................but in the context of the question (read carefully).....it IS arguable whether or not he has significantly improved our chances..........

When Bertille left, we were in the dumps........now we still have a fighting chance at making a play-off.......so yes our chances have improved........the question is do you think that our chances have improved significantly under the new coach.........

I think it's a fair question......Beenie came in and had a very very tough job to do.....regardless of how great a coach he is, whether or not he has done his job is still a valid question.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 03:24:16 PM by kicker »

1]; } ?>