April 24, 2024, 06:27:45 AM

Author Topic: Notts fear losing on-loan midfielder Boucaud  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts fear losing on-loan midfielder Boucaud
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:10:41 AM »
Notts fear losing on-loan midfielder Boucaud
Nottingham Post

NOTTS County fear losing Andre Boucaud in the new year.

The midfielder, 28, has been in great form for the Magpies so far this season and has quickly established himself as one of their first-choice players.

He has started eight of their opening 12 games in League One and their 2-1 win at Sc**thorpe United in the first round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

But he is only on loan at Meadow Lane from non-league Luton Town until January and boss Keith Curle thinks Notts could face competition from other clubs for his signature in a couple of months.

Boucaud could play against Sheffield United in the second round of the JPT at Meadow Lane tonight.

Notts have not yet spoken to the Hatters about Boucaud's future and boss Keith Curle said: "Other people will see how well he is doing for us and know he is only on loan from Luton so they could make contact with them.

"It's out of our hands."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts boss Curle in bid to hang on to Boucaud
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 05:23:50 AM »
Notts boss Curle in bid to hang on to Boucaud
Nottingham Post

NOTTS County boss Keith Curle has revealed tomorrow could be D-day in his attempts to keep Andre Boucaud at Meadow Lane.

Curle is meeting chief executive Jim Rodwell to talk transfers – and top of the agenda is calling Luton Town to see if they can extend Boucaud's loan when it ends in January, or even sign him permanently.

The 28-year-old midfielder has been a big hit since joining Notts this season.

He has started 11 of their 15 league games and scored a super goal in their 2-1 win at Coventry City nine days ago.

The Magpies are sixth in League One and want to go on and win promotion into the Championship, so they don't want to lose Boucaud in the new year.

But they could if Luton, who are second in the Blue Square Bet Premier, want him back – or if another club makes a better bid for him.

Curle and Rodwell will also decide whether to extend the loan of young Blackpool defender Ashley Eastham, who has started their last three league games, and discuss the possibility of more players being loaned out.

"We are going to have a sit down to go through the loans, both in and out and that will include Andre," said Curle.

"We're going to try to make contact with Luton to find out what their thoughts are.

"If he's going to go back, the sooner we know the better so we can look to bring in another ball-playing midfielder.

"We've got to safeguard ourselves.

"We're mindful of the fact Luton is Andre's parent club.

"If they want him back there is nothing we can do about it, even if he wants to stay here and we want to keep him.

"If they want him back, he will go back, it's as simple as that, and we'll have to get somebody else in.

"But ideally we'd like to keep him."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Luton will not let Magpies extend Boucaud loan
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:19 PM »
Luton will not let Magpies extend Boucaud loan
Nottingham Post

LUTON Town are not going to let Notts County extend Andre Boucaud's loan at Meadow Lane.

The Magpies are desperate to keep hold of the 28-year-old midfielder for the rest of the season because he has done so well since joining them at the start of this season.

There were a lot of eyebrows raised when Notts loaned the Trinidad & Tobago international from the non-league Hatters.

But he has since won fans over with some great displays and has quickly established himself in central midfield.

He has started 11 of their 15 games in League One this season – and would have started even more, but he was harshly sent off and had a serve a suspension. He also scored a super goal in the Magpies' win at Coventry City.

Notts approached Luton this week about extending Boucaud's loan, which ends in January, until the end of the season when he will be a free agent.

But their managing director Gary Sweet has ruled that out, saying: "We're looking forward to having Andre back in January.

"He's done well for Notts County and has proved he can keep his place in a good side.

"We certainly don't have an appetite to allow him to go out on loan again."

It means the only way the Magpies have a chance of keeping him beyond the new year will be to table an offer to sign him permanently.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts County ready to splash cash on Andre Boucaud
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 05:23:31 AM »
Notts County ready to splash cash on Andre Boucaud
Nottingham Post

NOTTS County are ready to splash some of their FA Cup cash on Andre Boucaud.

The Magpies banked around £40,000 from their 2-0 first round win at League One rivals Portsmouth and boss Keith Curle is going to be given all of it by chairman Ray Trew to spend in the transfer market.

Notts originally wanted to extend the loan of midfielder Boucaud, 28, from non-league Luton Town from January until the end of the season, but the Hatters have vetoed any longer loan deal.

The clubs are now in talks about a permanent move – and Notts’ Cup windfall could come in handy.

“We’ve been told right from the off by the chairman that all the money we generate from cup runs or transfers will go into rebuilding the squad,” said Curle.

Boucaud has started 11 of the Magpies’ 15 league games this season, scoring one goal, and Luton also let him play for Notts in the Cup at Fratton Park.

He wants to stay at Meadow Lane and Curle added: “The negotiations will take place between Jim Rodwell and their chief executive and we’ll find out the best deal we can get.”

Curle also believes Notts are in a strong position to strike a deal.

“They don’t want to be saddled with a player for the rest of the season and then have to pay his wages in May, June and July, which is his entitlement,” he added.

Notts are also waiting to find out if they will be able to extend the loan of defender Ashley Eastham from Blackpool.

Curle spoke to Ian Holloway about keeping the young centre-back, whose one-month loan ends this week, but Holloway has now left Blackpool to take charge at Crystal Palace.

“We’ll deal with that as and when we need to,” said Curle.

Francois Zoko and Yoann Arquin scored against Pompey to put Notts into the second round of the Cup where they will face League Two Rotherham away.

“It was a good professional performance,” said Curle. “It’s not an easy place to go, but we were solid at the back to keep a clean sheet and scored two good goals.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts County must pull out the stops to sign Andre Boucaud
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:01:19 PM »
Notts County must pull out the stops to sign Andre Boucaud, says defender Dean Leacock
Nottingham Post

NOTTS County must pull out all the stops to keep Andre Boucaud, according to defender Dean Leacock.

The Magpies are in talks with Luton Town over the midfielder and hope to agree a deal to sign him permanently when his loan ends in the new year.

Boucaud has shone since joining Notts at the start of the season. The 28-year-old has started 13 of their first 17 games in League One and scored a super goal in a win at Coventry City.

Leacock says it would be a huge blow to the Magpies to lose him in January.

"The club should do whatever they can to get him," he said. "He's been a great asset since he came here.

"I have to admit I wasn't expecting that much of him when he came from Luton, but he's been brilliant; he gets us playing and he's a top man.

"I'd love him to stay. I think the club want him to stay and I've spoken to Andre and he wants to stay because we're a big club and we're doing well.

"We all hope it can go through and he's here for another couple of years or so."

Boucaud is out of contract at Luton at the end of the season and Hatters' boss Paul Buckle is ready to let him join Notts – if they table a good enough offer.

But Magpies' boss Keith Curle is not going to pay silly money for him because he could sign him for nothing when he becomes a free agent next summer.

"It will all depend on what they're asking," he said. "They might say they want ridiculous money. He's their player, they can ask what they want for him."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts County's Andre Boucaud: "I want my future sorted"
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:53:22 AM »
Notts County's Andre Boucaud: "I want my future sorted"
Nottingham Post

ANDRE Boucaud is completely in the dark over his future – and says: "I want it sorted out!"

Notts County are trying to thrash out a deal with Luton Town to sign him permanently in January when his loan at Meadow Lane ends.

ut it is being held up because they are demanding a fee from the Magpies.

Boucaud, 28, is frustrated it is dragging on – and has even had a pop at the Hatters for slapping a price tag on him when they didn't want him at the start of the season.

Luton forked out £25,000 to sign Boucaud from York City only 11 months ago, but he was frozen out by their boss Paul Buckle when he took charge in April.

After having a trial at Notts in the summer, he signed a short-term loan deal with them and has since established himself in midfield.

He started his 15th league game of the season at Preston North End last night as Notts drew 0-0, but admits the uncertainty over his future is playing on his mind.

"I'm going to be real, it does sometimes," he said. "I'm playing every week, I'm doing well and the team's doing well, but I don't know where my future is.

"They have the right to ask for a fee because I'm their player, but they didn't want me at the start of the season and I never asked to leave so I don't understand it.

"I want to stay here, like I've said all along.

"I just want it sorted out, but I haven't heard anything.

"It's getting a bit frustrating and I'd like to know if something is going to get sorted."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts County set for sit-down talks with Luton over Andre Boucaud in new year
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
Notts County set for sit-down talks with Luton over Andre Boucaud in new year
Nottingham Post

NOTTS County are set to sit down with Luton Town in the new year to try and finally thrash out a deal for Andre Boucaud.

The two clubs have been haggling over the 28-year-old midfielder for weeks now – and Magpies boss Keith Curle expects talks to come to a head in January when the midfielder's loan at Meadow Lane ends.

The Hatters are demanding a fee for the player because they splashed out £25,000 to sign him from York City only ten months ago.

His stock has also risen because he has done so well for Notts in League One since joining them on a short-term deal at the start of this season. He has established himself in the heart of the Magpies midfield, playing 16 of their 20 league games.

Boucaud would have played more times, but was banned for three games in September after being sent off.

He also scored in a 2-1 win at Coventry City at the end of October.

It would be a big blow to the Magpies' hopes of winning promotion if they can't agree a deal with Luton.

"I think Luton want to open negotiations in and around the last week of his loan," said Curle.

"That is the time they want to sit down and thrash out a deal if there is one to be had."

Boucaud is set to miss the Magpies' League One game at Yeovil Town today with an ankle injury he suffered in their last league game against Swindon Town.

He originally returned to Luton for treatment, but Curle says he is now back at Meadow Lane to continue his recovery.

"We sent him to the expert of Luton's choice because he is their player," said Curle.

"That's been sorted out now and he's back here continuing his rehabilitation. Hopefully he will be available for selection very soon."

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Notts fear losing on-loan midfielder Boucaud
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
Boucaud targets Magpies return
SkySports

Andre Boucaud hopes to return to Notts County after his loan spell with the League One club ended.

The midfielder has gone back to parent club Luton after a successful half-season stint at Meadow Lane which has seen his establish himself as one of County's key performers.

And Boucaud, 28, hopes a deal can now be sorted between the two sides which takes him to Nottingham on a permanent basis.

"The gaffer (Keith Curle) gave me an opportunity here when nobody else would so it's only right that I come here if the deal's still on the table," he told County's official website.

Read More

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:36:38 PM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Notts County and Andre Boucaud ready to wait until the summer to be reunited
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:02 AM »
Notts County and Andre Boucaud ready to wait until the summer to be reunited
Nottingham Post

NOTTS County and Andre Boucaud are ready to wait until the summer to be reunited – if a deal with Luton Town cannot be agreed this month.

Midfielder Boucaud, 28, is set to return to Kenilworth Road when his short-term loan with the Magpies ends tomorrow.

Notts want to keep him because he has been in great form in black-and-white stripes this season and he also wants to stay at Meadow Lane, but the Hatters are demanding a fee, having splashed out £25,000 to sign him from York only a year ago.

Boucaud played the last game of his loan against MK Dons on New Year's Day and insists he has no idea what the future holds for him.

"All I know is I've done what I can do on the pitch," he said.

"I've played in the majority of games and up until this month the team has been doing very well.

"I have played a part in that, so hopefully something can get sorted and I can come back.

"It's all down to the chairman and the gaffer and whether they can sort a deal out with Luton.

"They have told me I'm wanted here and it's nice to know so hopefully I can come back.

"I'm going back to Luton, but it's not really something I want to do because they didn't want me.

"I've not got anything against them, but I've been playing regularly in League One so why would I want to go back and play in the Conference?

Read More…

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:08:21 AM »
Obviously playing in League One would be better preparation for him than the Conference should he be selected for the Gold Cup.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boucaud set to join Magpies as Town agree fee
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:46 AM »
Boucaud set to join Magpies as Town agree fee
By Mark Wood (Luton Herald & Post)

Town midfielder Andre Boucaud is poised to join Notts County permanently after the two clubs finally agreed a deal, writes Mark Wood.

The 28-year-old has impressed for the Magpies during his five-month loan stay, scoring once in 23 appearances.

Boucaud had made his desire to stay at the League One club clear, but the Midlands outfit had been reticent to cough up the money to secure his signature, as he was out of contract in the summer.

But Luton have stuck to their guns and have been rewarded, recouping more than the £25,000 they paid York for his services last year.

Managing director Gary Sweet said: “Notts County and Luton have reached an agreement for the transfer of Andre Boucaud.

Read More...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 11:08:30 AM »
Obviously playing in League One would be better preparation for him than the Conference should he be selected for the Gold Cup.
:rotfl: :rotfl:
good one

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
He has signed a permanent deal with Notts County
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20980222

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »
Andre Boucaud will not be offered a new deal by Notts County and will officially leave the club when his contract expires over the summer.
http://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/article/shaun-derry-confirms-plans-for-notts-county-squad-reshaping-1544474.aspx

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »
No way! That's a great shame

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 04:49:10 PM »
I feel the major issue as good a player as he is..26 starts, 3 subs...0 goals., besides they just miss relegation drop, manager had to do a shakeup or look for work heself.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 06:09:09 PM »
Aint that some shyt...who is dis fella manager...keep ya head up brother...it'll come! Pure class...
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 02:57:05 AM »
His international profile surely has to count for something - this might work out okay for him given the exposure he'll get playing people like Argentina.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Andre Boucaud has 'no hard feelings' over his Notts County exit
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 05:54:59 AM »
Nottingham Post

ANDRE Boucaud says he has no hard feelings about being let go by Notts County.

The 29-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international is one of ten players released by the Magpies in the wake of their survival in League One.

But he told the Post: "I'm grateful to Notts – they were the club that got my career back on track."

Boucaud was languishing in non-league until the Magpies gave him another chance in the Football League.

They signed him on loan from Luton Town back in August 2012 and then sealed a permanent deal for him five months later.

He was a key figure in his first season at Meadow Lane, but fell out of favour under boss Shaun Derry and did not play a game in the last two months of this campaign.

"I've got no hard feelings," he said. "They were the club that gave me a chance back in the league and I'd like to think I paid them back with my performances.

"I remember when it came to sorting out my move from Luton permanently, the chairman (Ray Trew) and Jim (chief executive Jim Rodwell) were great.

"It could easily have collapsed, which would have been hard to take, but they got the deal done and I was so happy.

"I had two great seasons at the club, I enjoyed every minute and I want to thank everyone for that.

"I'm so glad the club stayed up – and I hope they can move forward now and do well."

While Boucaud has left the club, Notts have officially confirmed they have offered new deals to six players – Alan Sheehan, Gary Liddle, Jimmy Spencer, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Kyle Dixon and Jeremy Balmy.

They have also activated a one-year extension to striker Ronan Murray's contract, keeping him at Meadow Lane for next season.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
Nottingham Post

ANDRE Boucaud says he has no hard feelings about being let go by Notts County.

The 29-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international is one of ten players released by the Magpies in the wake of their survival in League One.

But he told the Post: "I'm grateful to Notts – they were the club that got my career back on track."

Boucaud was languishing in non-league until the Magpies gave him another chance in the Football League.

They signed him on loan from Luton Town back in August 2012 and then sealed a permanent deal for him five months later.

He was a key figure in his first season at Meadow Lane, but fell out of favour under boss Shaun Derry and did not play a game in the last two months of this campaign.

"I've got no hard feelings," he said. "They were the club that gave me a chance back in the league and I'd like to think I paid them back with my performances.

"I remember when it came to sorting out my move from Luton permanently, the chairman (Ray Trew) and Jim (chief executive Jim Rodwell) were great.

"It could easily have collapsed, which would have been hard to take, but they got the deal done and I was so happy.

"I had two great seasons at the club, I enjoyed every minute and I want to thank everyone for that.

"I'm so glad the club stayed up – and I hope they can move forward now and do well."

While Boucaud has left the club, Notts have officially confirmed they have offered new deals to six players – Alan Sheehan, Gary Liddle, Jimmy Spencer, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Kyle Dixon and Jeremy Balmy.

They have also activated a one-year extension to striker Ronan Murray's contract, keeping him at Meadow Lane for next season.

Very mature and professional response by Andre.  :applause:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »
Good luck papa.

I am sure you will not be clubless for long.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »
Very classy, lets hope he's snapped up quick as we need him fit and ready for the Caribbean Cup!

1]; } ?>